New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Nexus] That Day Has Come

((This is an alternate timeline plawt where the Old Ones were not put down in time. Now there's doom. Events here have no impact on other [Nexus] threads.))

That Day would be easy to know, for then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and revelling in joy. Then the liberated Old Ones would teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom.
    TOCK!

The blasphemous pillars of Rl'yeh rise from the foam, sea water pouring from the sunken city as it rises once more.

Tick.

The waves roar and thrash against the ancient mausoleums and sepulchres of Rl'yah, as though trying in vain to beat it back into the depths once again.

tock.

The tombs open, horrors long since forgotten by all but the most irredeemable of mad-men flooding from those noisome pits as a great wave of insanity.

tick.

Cultists whirl and reel and worship at a great door. A door that even now begins to ease open with a bone-grinding sound of stone on stone.

tock...

A thing like a mountain of green foam and rises from that yawning chasm, crushing the cowering cultists under foot as a man might tred on ants whilst taking a morning stroll. Formless and yet formed, terrible to behold, clawing at the mind with mental tendrils of terror and madness.

tick...

With a single impossible stride the thing low looms over the fallen form of K'rax-Naggath, reaching down to seize one of the Old One's claws in its own.

tock...

The hand of the Warden of the Veil is driven into space itself, burning sigils etching themselves across heaven and earth. With a horrific wrenching twist the doors are thrown open. And all at once living nightmares descend upon what was once the world of mortals.

That Day has come.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Docks]

"Whatever it did, it's not my fault."
    >>
    <<

Nadas pokes at the now... quieting... device...

There's a giant green foam mountain of insanity.
    Nadas rather just stares at it, with disbelief almost, his brain feeling like it has left its body.

[Black Dragon Den]

Fez Hat Reinholdt is as of yet, blissfully unaware of the terror about to descend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

[Floating over Inside]

DC floats in place over the edge of the city, staring as the apocalypse he's fought to prevent comes, and...rather than panicking, he pulls out a vial filled with some odd solution.

He fills a syringe with the contents of the vial, rolls up a sleeve, and jabs himself in the arm with said needle.

"If this works..."

That doesn't seem like anything he'd make...what was in that vial?
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Skies over K'rax

Submission-In-Adversity-Brings-Peace Halifax (aka Missy), Praetorian guard, is hovering, cloaked in her power armour, more than a thousand feet overhead, just after setting off the explosives that killed K'rax Naggath. Her heads-up display, previously showing the locations of the entire team, has gone disturbingly blank. Only one other blinking dot, besides her own.

"Base, this is Salvation Team. Primary mission completed. Casualties: Four MIA. Situation: Squidzilla is here. We need backup, now." she says over the radio.

The radio is silent.

"Base, this is Salvation Team. Respond."

Nothing.

"Well, ****."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech- Null Zone

Terrowin's here, standing in front of a mass of panicky Dalachrechites that are currently sitting down and praying for salvation. Meanwhile, the other cultists are guarding the doors and windows.

Sky

A winged child is here, flying high above the chaos and destruction below. The child's wings are snow-white and feathered, and the child's body is androgynous, with pale white-gold hair and eyes lacking irises and pupils, being orbs of intense whiteness containing only cruelty. Nephrim's wearing white robes and a red rucksack.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Skies over K'rax

Submission-In-Adversity-Brings-Peace Halifax (aka Missy), Praetorian guard, is hovering, cloaked in her power armour, more than a thousand feet overhead, just after setting off the explosives that killed K'rax Naggath. Her heads-up display, previously showing the locations of the entire team, has gone disturbingly blank. Only one other blinking dot, besides her own.

"Base, this is Salvation Team. Primary mission completed. Casualties: Four MIA. Situation: Squidzilla is here. We need backup, now." she says over the radio.

The radio is silent.

Nothing.

"Well, ****."
    Psyoplane - Skies over K'rax
    'John' was forced back into the Pysoplane due to orders from his superiors. He watched as Missy was unable to contact her Base. He wished he was stronger, he could have stopped this if he was stronger!
    He was left with only one thing he could do now. Guide and Empowerer Mortals. Thanks to being on the Pysoplane, he could see everything happening on the Prime Material Plane, while nothing that is on the Prime Material Plane can see him. Only those who can travel into the Pysoplane can theoritically detect him. He moved behind Missy and whispered into her ear though it would be like a thought coming into her head for her.
    "Don't let them catch you. The base is probably gone."
    Well, Missy was as good as any to Guide and Empowerer.

These are all attempted.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-08-09 at 07:58 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Streets near the slums]

"Oh my God. Thats not good after all."

Andy stands there and just watches the happenings.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Streets, blue zone

Oh I can feel them.

A girl rushes through the streets. She's not really going anywhere, but she wants to escape so bad. Why can she feel them? She was pretty sure no one else could... why can she? Where is the evacuation taking place?

Little does she know that she isn't normal.

She has a bit of power in her; just enough to confuse her with sensations...

...and let nearby starspawn know where she is.

9. - Top - End - #9

[Beach]

Eadin is standing in the ocean, watching the horrors fill the sky.
    A shiver runs down her spine as the water turns colder.

Finally she moves, running back into the city.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Inside]

A girl, human above her shoulders and in figure but feathered and with bird-like wings and talons below, looks aside with a twitch and looks shocked at a strange gun fastened to the side of her baggy pants. A light blinks rapidly on it.

"Not good, not good at all. I probably won't like staying around"

Meanwhile, a Kobold in mechanical armour looks curiously at the sky while the Hound following it whimpers.

[Docks]

A mechanical being, copper and steel shell and an array of gears inside an exposed chest and abdomen, looks at the sky in a way that almost makes one insert the sigh as a human and yet somehow inhuman hand jabs through her power source and kills AM4.

As Lucy's body walks through the explosion devastating a large chunk of the Docks, It laughs.

The Monster of Kirkbride Sanitarium is back, and Reinholdt will soon feel It's punishment.

[Glog]

In the air, the Pixie Lewis twitches irritatingly and flutters around, trying to get a better look at the faraway R'lyeh.

On the ground, an armoured Ex-Fae is curiously absent, only his armour staying behind like a strange statue.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #11

The MagCave

Then, just like that, it was over. The party, the fun, the excitement, all gone. Every one of his guests rushing home without a second thought, back to their organizations to plan the counter-attack, to mount their defenses, to stop enjoying themselves in their last moments and instead dedicate the rest of their short lives to outlasting everyone else. Pitiful, meaningless ends to pitiful, meaningless people. Not even a glance shot towards their gracious host, who'd been more than willing to put up with their uninvited antics in his lair.

Well who fudging needs them?! Not Magtok, that's who! They can all go ahead and waste away without him, he has bigger and better things to do! Like...like saving civilization! The Lovecraftian beasts can take Inside, they can swallow up Watchtower, they can chow down on as much GLoG as they want, but the MagCave will stand! No matter how many disgusting fishmen are stacked against its walls, this cyborg's lair will never fail. Never!

"Mainframe! I need you to contact Zee, Vasquez, Sunny, DC, Reinholdt, Grace, and Raril immediately, and bring them here. Limit two guests per contact, and five minutes to pack the essentials. If they don't comply, take them by force. We need the best and brightest of the Nexus under one roof if we're going to survive this. Oh, and Rot too. Mostly for experimentation and as part of our defense force. Vampiric immortality and whatnot."

Mag's scowls, watching a MagSat feed displaying the chaos and terror down in Inside. His only regret is that he hadn't put more time towards planning for a disaster like this, that all those previous apocalypses had given him an undeserved arrogance and faith in the Nexus's ability to weather any storm. Maybe it's too late now, maybe it isn't. Only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

[Inside]

Well... The city is the first target of the wrath of the Old Ones. Or at least, one Old One. Bast, whose feline figure has expanded to a godzilla-sized building-eating monster cat, stomps through the city just for the fun of terrorizing its inhabitants. Long black tendrils of wrong material extend from the Old One infinitely, snaking through the streets to find any human lifeforms. The cowering or praying or even fighting NPCs they find are all impaled and converted. The mortals are turned inside out and used as foul portals to let even more monstrous things into the city.

Simply the sight of Bast causes many of the panicking people on the streets to prostrate themselves and pray before the Old One. And she even spares a few unlucky mortals, scooping them up and hiding them away to use as play-toys in the eternity of apocalypse to come. Bast sounds utterly delighted to be raining such destruction onto the city.

[Inside Docks]

"Not mine either. We need to leave right now I'm afraid."

Eig'Quzi quickly pats down its pockets, then pulls out an oil painting that should definitely not fit inside the fancy outfit's pocket. The man painted glares at the monster, before being engulfed by flames as the purple people eater expends his soul to (hopefully) open a portal.

"Come along now."

[The MagCave]

Devi is in her lab! Cowering under a table! And possibly whimpering.

Rot being contacted is handwaved, and he shows up here! Looking rather bored, actually. He didn't notice the apocalypse on the trip over, apparently.

"Hey Maggy. What's up?"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

[Docks]

"Ubble-bu-itbahedis-bluh."
    I think Nadas has lost his ability to speak properly at the moment!
    Maybe dragging him away from the insane causing monstrosities will help recover that for a bit. Yay for portals!

[MagCave]

Reinholdt, last I checked, in comparison with the timing, was just about to be tortured by Michalson. Since his player mentioned not participating in this plot, I'll just assume Michalson disappears suddenly due to timey-wimey stuff.
    Of course, that leaves one shaved cat alone in a torture chamber.
    "Ummm.... hello?"

[BDD]

Fez Hat Reinholdt kitty, who is a completely different one and was supposed to be the only one here just to make him interesting, peers out a window.

"Oh mai." o.O

He scurries out the back. There are monsters destroying buildings here. He does not want to be anywhere near here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

K'rax's body

Garrett and the Order have failed to do their duty to K'rax Naggath. The Warden has fallen. What to do now?
    What to do?

Red Zone

Rileybeast looks toward the rising city and the fallen Warden.

"The Warden has passed, no longer does the Dreamer require the mortal's body...Now, I may have one of my own..."

A horrid rasp of a laugh escapes the boy-beast's lips.

Yellow Zone-Near Docks

Phil stands atop his warehouse, watching the goings-on through a pair of binoculars.

"Yep. We're screwed."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #15

So very screwed.

Spread over the city K'rax' remaining chimeras do their best to fend off the encroaching forces of hostile starspawn. They're certainly powerful little beasties, but the servants of the other Old Ones are being replenished faster than they can be killed.

It's only a matter of time before there aren't any friendly Far things left in the city.

Only the sort that want to nom everyone.

Zee is understandably unable to answer Magtok's call to meet him at the MagCave. If her little puppet-body is warped in then Magtok will be the proud owner of a totally comatose Zee.

Yay?

[Here And There and Everywhere]

After using the unconscious Warden's 'key' to unlock what remains sealed Ol Squidbeard stomps off out of the city toward the mountains in the distance. Probably going to reshape them into a massive throne to watch over this new world from.

A number of other lesser Old Ones are slowly awakening. The nastier creatures had been successfully sealed by the efforts of the heroes. But... well... There are a lot of Old Ones.

Starspawn of Cthulhu slink through the streets of the city, accompanied by the servants of other Old Ones as well as various vile things such as shoggoths and dimensional shamblers. Looking for mortal survivors...

The usual trap is simple enough.

A shoggoth assumes a human shape and gets a limb crushed under some rubble. Begins calling out for help. It's always just a matter of time before some foolish hero arrives...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside Alley]

Fez Hat Reinholdt pauses. There was someone calling for help just in there. Some human with its arm stuck under the rubble.
    Hmmm...
    Could he really just leave it behind to save his own skin?
    Probably.
    But not today he supposes.

"Just a second." He shifts into his catboy form and moves into the alley to help rescue the poor trapped person!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

K'rax's Body

The Order will set about trying to make their way back to Trog's to guard it and set it up as an evacuation point.

Red Zone

Rileybeast strides amidst the destruction in a more human form, looking for gullible prey.

Yellow Zone-Near Docks

Phil prepares his warehouse's defenses, his robotic horde following him anxiously.
    "No epic speech this time, lads. We guard the warehouse, we get as many people as we can onto the ships, and we leave. Start searching for survivors."
    The robots emit a hail of affirming beeps and clicks and set about their tasks!

Null Zone

Steve the bitebeast paces anxiously back and forth down his empty street, wishing he could leave the accursed block, that he could go out and help, but there is nothing he can do until the curse is lifted, save fight those starspawn that come to him.

Blue Zone

Leauhon and Ellis are back! Unfortunately, roads filled with debris and monsters have taken a toll on their car, and the two are now stuck in the blue zone without transport!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Streets

Iriel eventually comes across a trapped shoggoth. Of course, the human disguise is impenetrable...

But something is wrong. She looks at the disguise. Her eyes get big. She steps close. Her knees tremble. She turns and runs.

That person felt wrong.

The shoggoth might be tempted to give chase... there is a power in this human...

19. - Top - End - #19

[GLoG]

Rae sits on the ruined wooden body of a beast. He thought just Lord Gazebo was bad enough. "Nice way to spend a wedding day." He says, sarcastically, looking up at the sky to watch the destruction raining down. He got lucky this time. His parents left with Saera when all of this started going down, and he managed to convince Em to go with them. He told her he'd be there soon. For some reason she listened. It wasn't like her, but he's happy that she's safe.

"Oh well, better get going if I'm gonna do anything." He says, and heads toward the infirmary. Someone there he needs to talk to. He's just walking, it'll give him a little time to think. I probably shouldn't have ignored all of those signals my ring was sending me, but it was my wedding day. I didn't want it postponed even more. "Nexus had survived three apocalypses without my help since I'd gotten here," I thought, "what's the harm in ignoring a fourth?" Well... I may not have been able to stop this, but I could have helped. Too late for that, though. Here's the infirmary.

Inside the infirmary, Rae finds his clone, sleeping on one of the beds. Rae shakes his head. "Slept through the apocalypse. It figures." He shakes Crae awake, and begins talking. "Crae, apocalypse happened, and I'm about to do something that will almost certainly get me killed. You gonna come too?" His clone thinks for a second before responding.

"No, I think I'm gonna go play with my dog." Crae says, smiling and standing up, heading out of the infirmary.

[Denim Cabin]

After a few minutes, Crae arrives at Denim Cabin, where he is greeted by his happy little hellhound Delilah! She pounces upon him, knocking him to the ground and nuzzling Crae with her wet nose! "Hey there, Delilah! The apocalypse happened!" He says, petting his very good doggie! "So we're gonna take a little walk! To Inside! Remember, the place where we first met? Yeah!" Crae gets up and starts running toward Inside, Delilah keeping pace with him! It's monster hunting time!

[Back In the Infirmary!]

Rae turns to leave. Well, he did tell Em he'd be there soon. His parents living in heaven does make some things easier sometimes, and he is absolutely positive that he's going to die. "But then again, maybe not," he says, a sudden smile on his face. Optimism, hope, stupidity? It's a smile of one of those things. He begins flapping his wings, heading of toward the mountains. If he can't punch out Old Squidface, he's at least going to get a punch in.
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2011-08-09 at 07:59 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

20. - Top - End - #20

MagCave

As Magtok observes the satellite, an ice elf saunters over to him. In the ten minutes since the party was disbanded and everyone left, she's already changed into her full suit of plate-mail, a full-faced helmet tucked under her arm. Strapped to her back via a complex harness is a massive greatsword, easily as long as she is tall. It's hard to saunter anywhere in plate mail, but Moon Called seems to have turned it into an artform.

"Just like old times, eh Maggot?" She observes with a smirk. "Well actually it's nothing at all like old times, but maybe if we give Cuthulhu a giant Napoleon hat we can pretend it is."

Beach

As Eadin turns back towards the city, she stands a fair chance of running headlong into Ace. The magician is understandably distracted at the moment, watching in horror as R'lyeh rose up from the water.
    This was his fault.

It is a meow from Basta that alerts Ace to Eadin's presence before she gets too close. He pulls his gaze away from the abominations gallivanting above him and waves at the girl, trying to draw her attention over to him.
    Hopefully being in a group meant a greater chance of surviving this mess.

Streets

Beckett froze in the shadows, creeping through the alleyways of Inside with a quiet, cat-like stealth. His breath was light, shallow and soundless, his footsteps stirring up no more than dust. His pistol is clutched in his right hand, his knife in his left. After being attacked with what he could only call a werewolf on steroids, Beckett was low on ammo and tired. He needed to get back to his clinic to rest-up and restock, before he could do anything about...
    whatever this mess was.
    Hopefully he could make it there in time before he got attacked by some sort of giant, rolling tentacle ball things.

Trog's

Taking advantage of the chaos is a certain, dark-skinned cowboy. Allen is seated at a table near the back of Trog's, the pantry door open wide behind him. He is seated with his booted feet up on the table, his chair tipped back onto the rear legs, and he's gorging himself. Fruits and freshly cooked meat surround him, thrown haphazardly from the pantry. In Allen's hands are the biggest, ripest, juiciest apples he could find, and the cowboy is delving into them with an almost ruthless hunger.
    Y'know, this whole apocalypse thing wasn't really that bad.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Streets

A young woman rushing confusedly through the streets almost runs into Beckett. She takes a moment or two to catch her breath.

"Pl... please don't hurt me... I just want to get out... please..."

She looks like she has been panicking and/or running ever since the city rose... maybe longer. Her sand blue hair is kind of odd... but it's not as odd as some things here in the nexus.

22. - Top - End - #22

Streets

Beckett manages to avoid running into the blue-haired woman, hearing and seeing her coming before she even gets close. As she speaks, he lifts a finger to his lip, trying to silence her. He felt sorry for the poor girl, it was clear she had no idea what to do or where to go. Staying crouched in the shadows, Beckett waves for her to fall into step next to him.
    "My name is Mathew Beckett." He whispers when she's close. "I'm not leaving the city, but if you stick with me you're probably going to be a lot safer than otherwise. It's up to you."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a beat, and she steps in line.

"Iriel. Thank you. Lead on."

She will follow him as best she can, trying to be quiet. Having no training in stealth, she might give their position away in close quarters.

The little detail than starspawn can feel her from fifty feet away might also give away their position. But neither of them know that.

24. - Top - End - #24

With the gate being opened, the form of D seems to get strings, and lines heading off somewhere before coming apart. On the other hand there isn't any stone left at Amen's base as the Wandering Gatekeeper, the Independent Nightmare, the Mad One, is fully entering the Nexus. Those inside may find themselves trapped in the now living flesh stuff of the base, holding the members and the minions tight but still alive.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside the MagCave

Standing atop a small rocky outcropping, the brooding form of the resident elven necromancer watches the distant chaos resulting from the encroachment of Armageddon. He watches the grandiose figure of the high priest of the Great Old Ones march toward the mountains, his crimson gaze hateful and discontented.

The necromancer had always anticipated that the End of Days would be caused by the machinations of some eldritch beastie whose mere appearance hailed from a place far beyond mortal comprehension. He had studied them, observed them, even spoke with a few of them (he had even hoped that he would get a chance to stand at the forefront of the apocalyptic force, but that's neither here nor there). And yet he still wasn't ready to see it all unfold out before him. Something about this felt incredibly wrong. Now, any rational person would probably say that there's something incredibly wrong about all of reality being devoured by a big monster from beyond the stars, but even to the corrupt and depraved sorcerer known as Saurous it felt wrong in the sense that it shouldn't be happening. It was a mistake. Something had gone wonky with the order of things.

Even his reaction felt foreign to him. He should be out there, reveling in the destruction and mayhem brought about by these monstrosities. Possibly even trying to cut a deal with one of them to see if he could get a slice of power, or at the very least gain the right to not be eaten on sight.
    On this day, however, he felt he had something more important to be doing than indulging in his own malevolence.

The elf drops down from his little perch and heads back into the MagCave.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Skies over K'rax

The radio is silent.

Nothing.

"Well, ****."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Psyoplane - Skies over K'rax
    'John' was forced back into the Pysoplane due to orders from his superiors. He watched as Missy was unable to contact her Base. He wished he was stronger, he could have stopped this if he was stronger!
    He was left with only one thing he could do now. Guide and Empowerer Mortals. Thanks to being on the Pysoplane, he could see everything happening on the Prime Material Plane, while nothing that is on the Prime Material Plane can see him. Only those who can travel into the Pysoplane can theoritically detect him. He moved behind Missy and whispered into her ear though it would be like a thought coming into her head for her.
    "Don't let them catch you. The base is probably gone."
    Well, Missy was as good as any to Guide and Empowerer.

These are all attempted.
    Above K'Rax

"Don't bother trying to contact them. They're gone."
    Edijar says as he checks his own locators. "We've been shunted to an alternate reality. We've done our job. They're safe." He tells her, mostly reassuring himself that somewhere, somewhen, Charity and the others were alive and well.

Seeing everything around him, he was glad that they weren't here.

Before the obvious question about how he knows this pops up, he answers it. He says as he checks his armaments and armor before nodding. "But this is still Inside, and we have a job to do."

'John' won't be able to sense either of them. They're invisible by technology, speaking through secure communication systems in their helmets, and both immune to all magic. Edijar from his "natural" ability, and Missy through the layers upon layers of anti-magic wards, runes, and rituals placed on her gear.

High-Rise

Wolfy shakes his head as he watches the Doomed Timeline begin to swirl into Entropy. As much as he hated to see places like this End, it was the only time he could work off his aggression without worrying about consequences.

All the power in the area causes his ears to flick slightly before he settles on a target.

D may sense the presence of a furious God headed his way as Wolfy heads towards AMEN.

27. - Top - End - #27

[Cat Rescues Person!]

Aww...

"Thank you," the trapped NPC says. "I thought I was a goner for sure."

That's really nice of you Fez Rein! Going and helping that poor lady. What a noble and selfless thing to OHGODSTHAT'SASHOGGOTH!

The woman erupts into a frothing mass of tarry black flesh and sickly green light, aiming to lash innumerable malformed limbs around the poor kitty and simply envelope him. Should Fez Hat Rein get caught he'll probably suffer a rather horrific death as his bio-mass is absorbed into the shoggoth.

What a terrible way to go.

Reduced to a cat-boy sized lump of shoggoth goop. Will he escape?

Or is he doomed?

[Toward the Mountains]

Rae is headed straight for Ol' Squidbeard! The literal mountain of flabby green flesh doesn't even seem to notice him. No doubt he's busy communing with the Primordials.

At his feet hundreds of humanoids of all kinds dance and revel and kill each other in an orgy of decadence and violence. The Old One doesn't appear to notice them, either.

[At the Foot of K'rax]

The Warden of the Veil lays motionless.

But here she is in the mortal world. And the Stars Are Right. Will something as simple as a few explosives keep her still for long?

[Becket and Friend]

Come with me if you want to live?

Well it's time to run regardless.

As the pair race through the cramped side streets of Inside it really isn't too long before they happen upon something terrible.

It looks like someone skinned a pig. And then ripped its muscle fibers apart in places. And then stuck eyes and teeth into said rips. It's legs look like they were stolen from a crab and its head looks like a ring of muscle stuffed with tendrils near to the bursting point. A single bat-like wing extends from the middle of its spine.

...and...

It's feeding a less fortunate citizen of Inside.

Doesn't seem to have noticed them yet...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[Outside Aurora]

Psi is standing outside the base staring out blankly at the scenery, when her eyes suddenly light up. "Abnormality detected. Status: Unknown. Now loading possible course of action. Confirmed.

Disregarding problem is suggested. Suggestion rejected.
    Obtaining further information is suggested. Suggestion accepted.

Now searching for possible sources of information. Accessing data. Possible sources:

Aurora Database: Irrelevant.
    AMEN Database: Irrelevant.
    Remnant Database: Inaccessible.
    GLoG Database: Inaccessible
    Magtok's Database: Inaccessible.
    Magtok himself: Possible.

Confirmed. Destination: MagCave."

The girl heads off in the direction of the MagCave.

29. - Top - End - #29

Streets

Beckett leads Iriel through the streets, cutting through alleys and taking as many shortcuts as possible. He's constantly on the look-out, listening and watching for any sign of trouble.
    So when he spots the Farbeast, Beckett isn't surprised. He pauses at the edge of the street connecting to the one with the farbeast, glancing over his shoulder and motioning for Iriel to stop. He creeps out to the edge of the road, silently looking for alternate routes. He tries not to look at the farbeast directly, and when he does only in passing glances.

Eventually, Beckett glances back at Iriel and shakes his head. Pointing over her shoulder, he indicates another road that runs parallel to the one they're on, before connecting with the one they need to cross a few blocks down.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not-Person Terrifies Cat!]

"GAAAAAH!!"

Fez Hat Reinholdt turns his hat into a massive sombrero and takes it off his head and tries to slam it down on the incoming Shoggoth tentacles and send it into the inter-dimensional holding space in his hat. Sure, it'll probably be able to crawl out, but it'll likely be disoriented for a few seconds and slow it down long enough for the catman to abandon the hat and flee for his life, with a great deal of screaming.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast