New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Outside the MagCave

Saurous's eyes go wide as the shoggoth throws itself at Moon. He promptly sprints over towards her, rubbing his hands together as he runs. Inky black negative energy begins to flow and dance between the bones in his right hand, while radiant positive energy begins to arc between the fingers on his left hand like an electrical current. Moon's whole "Burning Death" magic item ensemble seemed to be handling the shoggoth well enough on its own, so he focuses on preparing to help the ice elf avoid losing her arm from the trauma.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Slums

In front of Beckett, Iriel, the kobold and the wolfhound, the buildings open up into a city square. Or at least, it could have been a city square in a past life. In the centre stands a dingy, dirty fountain that probably hasn't worked in generations. In a rough circle around it are four two-story buildings. Three of them stand with their windows broken open and boarded over, the walls crumbling slabs of mortar and brick. Across from them is...

Beckett's Clinic

The building is in somewhat better condition than the buildings around it. A two-story building, the walls have been patched up with a fresh coat of plaster, and the windows have been fixed up with cheap plastic. A red cross on a circular green field has been painted on the front, the same as the emblem on Beckett's vest. The door is raised somewhat off the ground, a series of three wooden steps, recently replaced, leading up to the white-washed door.
    "Right." Beckett whispers. "Stay here. I'm going to go make sure it's safe." And with that he is creeping forward, slowly making his way over to the door.

[hr]

Trog's

Allen sets down the bottle, now a third empty, hopping up to sit on the counter. The idea of the annoying barmaid who ran this place lecturing Allen for such an action strikes the cowboy, and he sniggers to himself. He hops down, walking over to the giant roasted tumour on the floor. For a moment, he considers nudging it with his boot, and were he just a little more drunk he probably would have.
    As it is, he takes a precaution and uses a chair! Holding it by the back, the cowboy uses one of the legs to prod the cyst.
    Hopefully nothing happens.
    In which case, it's time to get drunk! It's the end of the world and he's going to leave it absolutely hammered.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-08-13 at 02:16 AM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

Yay! Kal did a good thing! Kal did a good, good thi-
    Oh. OH CRAP!
    Quick Kal, find something! Anything! Kick a puppy! Stab a MagClone! Draw all over Psi's face with a sharpie! Something! Just get that stink of goodness off of you!

"Yes, you're right Magtok. We were winning." Says KR grimly, taking the whiskey. "And you wanna know why we didn't? Somebody split the timelines."
    "Right as we were about to win... just think about it. Somewhere, in an alternate universe, there's another you and another me, still alive and victorious, while we sit here and wait for some bastard with a squid for a face to take notice and squash us. And that really pisses me off." Stupid alternate selves! KR wishes she could punch you in the face!

[Watchtower]

Kampilan shakes its head.
    "That sign is of the Eldritch, while we are of Nature. Our powers are naturally opposed. Fortunately, those same powers give us a measure of protection and advantage over the old gods. We should do just fine without."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #274

[Watchtower]

"We go to the only place I can think of to be save for now."

Andy replies. Indeed they will need a while to end there since andy is smart enougth to fly near ground to hide when needed.

After they arrived he shouts.

"Hello Is anyone here?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Off to R'lyeh!]

Lewis notices the distortions after a while, steering a magical bubble was difficult enough already, and looks curiously around.

"Impossible things are unfolding around us, Kitty-chap. Shall we see if we can close our eyes to them?"

After his cryptic comment he raises his arms and unleashes the Pixie magic that had for millennia lead travellers through swampy marshes and tumbling into muddy streams as they assured their comrades that the road had been right below their feet mere moments before.

The illusion should cover the twists and turns on their way and make sure that even if up was down and left was up, Lewis and Trilby would still steer towards R'lyeh. At least Lewis hopes it does, steering blindly and randomly would be fun, but that would probably just end them somewhere near the great octopus-beard's earlobe instead.

"I wonder if Chtulhu even has earlobes..."

[Lucy's Mind]

The Kiddy Lucy points at the lollipop.

"C-can I have that?"

The noises continue outside, accompanied by the sound of creaking doors being opened and low chanting voices. Something out there is searching, and it appears there is much more of this mindscape than there seems.

[Beckett's Clinic]

Nach'tt and Mitta waits outside with Iriel as Beckett enters, Nach'tt looking curiously around and Mitta studying Iriel curiously. Maybe she thinks Iriel has a cookie?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

[WATCHTOWER]

Well, there's a tall metal man, a tall fire man, and Jakob standing in the courtyard. Andy might want to revise his definition of 'safe' though. There's smoke pouring out of the obviously wrecked hanger set into the cliff, and the front of the second floor seems to be in flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

If Mitta will let her, Iriel will pet her. Never a bad thing to make freinds with a big dog.

Her mind flashes back to various TV shows where people get eaten by their carnivorous pets. For the most part, those are reptiles and cats...

Besides, the wolf is loyal to the... Mechabold? It's probably a good dog.

...Iriel still smells scared. That scent is straightforward. Upon further sniffing, it seems that the "human" scent is covering a "other" scent. There is no way the wolf recognizes the other scent, not even if she/he has sniffed at some starspawn. The starspawn smell horrid and wrong, while Iriel just smells... off.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Beckett's Clinic

Mitta will let Iriel pet her, not seeing why doomsday should prevent petting. She does seem to wonder a bit about the smell, but Iriel doesn't smell evil so she can be as off as she want. The Wolfhounds only hunt evil.

And food, but Iriel is not food either.

She could be hiding food, though.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #279

Beckett's Clinic

Beckett makes his way over to the clinic, slipping through the door. He closes it behind him.

There is a long, empty silence.

The clinic doesn't look too big. How long could it take him to investigate?

[hr]

Outside the MagCave

As Saur makes his way over to Moon Called, the ice elf glances up at him, barely visible through the lenses in her helmet. She grunts a brief note of recognition, before turning her attention to the slightly more important matter of burning the Shoggoth on her arm off.
    "Don't... Don't get close." She grunts through gritted teeth. "Might jump onto you. I can't... I can't lower the ward or else it'll get in." Oh dear. Hopefully that doesn't mean that Saurous won't be able to try to heal Moon Called.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

10. - Top - End - #280

[Watchtower]

After all he doesn't know them maybe they are here to defend Watch? Andy will keep an eye on them while going through them. after all he doesn#t know Jakob.

"Eh Hello. Where are the others?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #281
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagCave - KR

Magtok blinks, idly imagining what some other, more fortunate him would be up to right now. Bluh. Stupid lucky bastard, hasn't a clue how good he has it, does he? Still too blind and arrogant to realize how quickly and easy he could fall into the same set of circumstances. He shakes his head, takes a swig of the whiskey, and sighs.

"Well ****."

Well spoken, Maggy. Truly, you are a charismatic master of wordcraft.

"Think any of 'em are watching us, though? Like, right now, just staring in horror at what could've been through their fancy magic mirror? Hope so. They certainly deserve the guilt trip."

Without anything else left to live for, our cyborg's mind immediately turns towards spite, imagining all sorts of things he could get up to, just to make life that much harder for Magtok Prime. Devi seems heavily pretty into girls, so he supposes that making the whole "Magtok and interns" thing wouldn't work. Moon is just as disgustingly ugly in this world as in all others, so the Moon/Magtok ship thing just wouldn't be possible either. He supposes he could always turn to those 'Magtok wears a dress and eats babies" rumors, but those would just undermine his authority and weaken their chances of survival. On top of that, who the hell wants to eat a baby, anyways?

MagCave - Philbot

Magtok bites his lip, trying to hide his contempt and complete lack of faith in Phil's escape plan. Certainly can't let him have any clue as to Mag's plans to blow that thing up, right?

"Sure, shuttles and blueprints and designs. Thanks. I'd give you some cloning stuff as thanks, but I'm afraid neither of us have time to be making anything like that, so it'd just go wasted. Good luck and goodbye."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-13 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #282

[GLoG==> Inside]

Crae dug down pretty far. What's the point of digging if you're unlikely to encounter shinies? One bad thing about digging down this far is that it's slower going, but oh well. As long as nothing comes in after him or anything, he should be able to get to Inside relatively easily.

[Off to R'lyeh]

Trilby decides to stop being a hat, and stretches back to his normal kitty form. He is in a bubble! He resists the urge to pounce on the bubble, on the grounds that the water may be too deep for the silly kitty to get back up. As he is, he looks down at Lewis and shakes his head. "Mew," he says. He really doesn't even think whatever that Cthulthingy is has earlobes. I mean, he doesn't even know why peoples have them, kitties don't.

[Lucy's Mind]

Vicky gives the lollipop to Lucy and sits down next to her, beginning to munch on the chocolate bar. "Tell me something, Lucy, do you remember me?" Victoria asks, seemingly out of nowhere, still ignoring the noises.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post

[Off to R'lyeh]

Trilby decides to stop being a hat, and stretches back to his normal kitty form. He is in a bubble! He resists the urge to pounce on the bubble, on the grounds that the water may be too deep for the silly kitty to get back up. As he is, he looks down at Lewis and shakes his head. "Mew," he says. He really doesn't even think whatever that Cthulthingy is has earlobes. I mean, he doesn't even know why peoples have them, kitties don't.

[Lucy's Mind]

Vicky gives the lollipop to Lucy and sits down next to her, beginning to munch on the chocolate bar. "Tell me something, Lucy, do you remember me?" Victoria asks, seemingly out of nowhere, still ignoring the noises.

[Off to R'lyeh!]

"You don't think so? I guess that makes sense, he is a squid-bat-something."

Lewis seems to consider Trilby's opinion very reliable, although he's not entirely sure what the opinion was. Maybe he should get cat-speak again? But where do you get holiday magic this time of year?

[Lucy's Mind]

Kid Lucy takes the lollipop, at which point the sounds outside dim ever so slightly along with the brightness of the carpet she is sitting on.

"You're the lady from the tavern. You were nice to Lucy when she was lost."

She lick the lollipop, it seems to taste all right to her.

"You're also the vampire lady that They don't like"

She glances at the door, quite clearly talking about the same They as before.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Trog's, Black Dragon's Den, MagMart, various bunkers, and other such important locations in Inside and Riverside

Hordes of Phil's robots are guiding shuttles to the locations in Inside and Riverside most likely to have been fortified and used as evacuation areas. Anyone who wants to come on-board to be taken to one of many ships being used to escape will need to submit to an extensive search from the robots to ensure that they won't endanger the other evacuees.

MagCave

The same is happening here, but there are many more robots, and they all wait outside the door to guard the MagCave and the shuttles from any attackers.

Phil's Warehouse

Phil finishes up preparing for his part in his plan, and climbs into the Tizona.
    "I'm going to die slowly, painfully, and laughing like a madman," tears well up in his eyes, "Just like I always wanted!"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #285

[Off to R'lyeh]

wait... that's what a cu... thingy is? a giant fshy? ... can i eat it? Trilby writes on his little chalkboard, which he coughed up upon realizing that Lewis doesn't speak cat any more.

[Lucy's Mind]

Vicky nods. "Yeah, that's who I am. She, or you, or whatever, helped me hold on to my humanity, now I'm gonna help you... her... Lucy hold on to hers," Vicky says, finishing her chocolate and standing up. "And They don't like me? ... Probably smart." She smirks.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Off to R'lyeh!]

Lewis reads the blackboard and looks impressed.

"You can write? Groovy!"

He makes a tiny Chtulhu illusion in his hand to show to Trilby.

"He looks kind of like this, but BIIIIG! And I think he's made of nightmare, evil and stinkiness"

[Lucy's Mind]

The sounds outside seem to be moving closer now, the doors are no longer being opened.

"I am Lucy, but I am not all Lucy is. But I am the only part They can't find."

The sounds seems to be almost at the door now.

"You will help her?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #287

[Off to R'lyeh]

so he wouldnt taste good? trilby writes, and the little kitty looks sad. Eating a really big fishy would be fun!

[Lucy's Mind]

Vicky stands up. "Yeah, I will help her," she says, stretching out her arms and legs, though that's probably unnecessary.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

18. - Top - End - #288

[Off to the Emerald City!]

Off to Rl'yeh!

After all sorts of convoluted bumblings the bubble eventually arrives at the slime-encrusted shores of the City That is Sunken No More.

All around stretch soapstone towers and monuments and mausoleums, all looking as though they had been carved of a single unimaginably large stone. Angles and directions are all confused here. What may look like a wall is in fact a flat surface. What looks like a level plane is in fact a bottomless razor-edged pit.

Best be careful where you step...

Aside from the weird architecture and the occasional dead fish this place appears to be completely empty. All the horrors must be busy sticking their tentacles into Inside.

[Trog's]

Allen prods at the tumor!

It remains dead.

And really stinky.

Eeww...

[Gather Survivors]

Proves to be a terrible idea.

Not only have shoggoths infiltrated many survivor groups Wild-Far and starspawn are attracted to the large concentrations of people. And that's terrible.

K'rax seems to be up and about, carefully picking her way through the City. She looks... a bit smaller than before. Though still absurdly enormous. Bio-aetheric essence drips from her form like pearlecent white rain. Anything the corrupting substance touches mutates in fantastic, beautiful, and sanity-shattering ways. From the way the Warden is moving it's pretty clear that she's looking for something.

That's really obvious since she keeps ripping buildings out of the ground and looking under them. "Raril~? Where are you hiding~?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-13 at 09:10 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [MagCave]

Reinholdt appears here with Natalie and Ermine and a bag full of Infirmary related stuff and a necklace.

She puts Ermine down now and takes a look around.
    "Right, so... we have a bunch of monsters on the loose and are playing disaster relief and evacuation and trying to basically have the humanoid races survive right now. And that's the gist of things." He tells Ermine and Natalie.

[MagCave - Reinholdt]

"Oh. Damn."

Ermine goes to sloppily lean against the nearest available surface, be it a wall or a table or a Magbot, and brings a hand up to the side of her head. Must have a headache, or a hangover. While drunk.

"Dat'sh no good at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [MagCave]

Unfortunately, Psi isn't exactly the best at being subtle. Panicked as Devi may be, Psi finds her by things aside until Devi is exposed.

"Subject identified: Devi. Status: Shocked. Now proceeding to engage in communication. Greetings. I am Foreign Interaction Device Ψ, Serial Number 23. Alias 'Psi' or 'Psi Twenty Three'. I am here to aid in remedying your state of shock. I suggest you cooperate, as failure to do so will result in atempting to intoxicate you with Ethanol, a psychoactive drug with depressant effects on the central nervous system.

Procedure commencing. Now loading social protocols. Load complete."

Psi kneels in front of Devi and very awkwardly pats her back. "There, there."
    [MagCave - Psi]

Devi blinks at Psi. She doesn't look too relieved by the back pats at all, and looks a bit angry and confused about the attempted reassuring.

"It's the end of the world! We're all going to die, and you pat me on the back?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

MagCave

"OK. Thank you for being honest; most adults would add something like 'it'll be OK' in a situation like this when it's obvious that it won't." Natalie's ten, she feels old enough to deal with this although most others would disagree and nearly everyone would try to reassure her with promises they can't keep and hollow assurances that everything's normal.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Off to R'lyeh!]

"Probably not, I'm afraid. But maybe there are giant fish in the city. Or Chtulhu's kitchen!"

Lewis looks curiously around.

"They sure won' let the trip go square, my appreciations for the groovy architects of this merry city"

Bowing, he flaps his insectoid wings and begins simultaneously flying and walking. His feet don't leave the ground but he won't fall into unseen holes either.

"Maybe I should compose a travel song for this trip to chippy old R'lyeh. What do you think, Trilby?"

[Lucy's Mind]

Something slams against the door, making Little Lucy's eyes go huge in fear and shriek.

"Nonono, can't find me. They can't find me, Lucy don't want that!"

She jumps up and hides behind Vicky, as if hoping she could shield herself from Them. Vicky may notice that the carpet she was sitting on depicts a scene of tall luminous humanoids giving something to a small worshipping ones.

"Please don't let Them take me from Lucy too, candy lady."

[Streets of Inside]

Rahona the time-travelling bird girl and the crutch-using man should still be wandering the streets of Inside in search for clues about when the time-split happened. Rahona is looking for any signs her time-gun can detect or people who seem to not have been devoured by monsters.

The crutch-man is probably just following her and trying not to be eaten either. Or maybe he have superpowers that keep the Soggoths away! It is the Nexus after all.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside MagCave]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    MagCave

Moon Called's blade burns and cuts through the shoggoth, embedding itself in the ground. As the shoggoth hurls itself up her arm, the ice elf snarls, pulling her arm away. The corrosive blackness clings regardless.

The ward on Moon Called's armour flares a bright red as the burning shoggoth comes in contact with it and begins to super-heat, burning the shoggoth above and below. The effect is not unlike putting your hand on a stove without realizing someone just turned it on. It starts cool, but quickly becomes too hot to bear.
    Unfortunately, this effect works both ways. Moon Called grits her teeth in pain as the ward heats up, holding her arm away from herself. If this lasts for too long she was going to get a severe burn. She had to speed it up.

Reaching out with her free hand, Moon Called grabs the hilt of her burning blade and pulls it free of the ground. She holds the vertically, and presses her arm up against the fire. If it didn't burn off the shoggoth soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    Outside the MagCave

Saurous's eyes go wide as the shoggoth throws itself at Moon. He promptly sprints over towards her, rubbing his hands together as he runs. Inky black negative energy begins to flow and dance between the bones in his right hand, while radiant positive energy begins to arc between the fingers on his left hand like an electrical current. Moon's whole "Burning Death" magic item ensemble seemed to be handling the shoggoth well enough on its own, so he focuses on preparing to help the ice elf avoid losing her arm from the trauma.
    Outside the MagCave

As Saur makes his way over to Moon Called, the ice elf glances up at him, barely visible through the lenses in her helmet. She grunts a brief note of recognition, before turning her attention to the slightly more important matter of burning the Shoggoth on her arm off.
    "Don't... Don't get close." She grunts through gritted teeth. "Might jump onto you. I can't... I can't lower the ward or else it'll get in." Oh dear. Hopefully that doesn't mean that Saurous won't be able to try to heal Moon Called.

The shoggoth... isn't going to be fully burned in time, I wouldn't think. It was still about half the size of a man when it jumped at Moon, and it isn't exactly an extremely flammable substance. Moon might just be loosing that arm.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-08-13 at 08:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside MagCave

Phhil's robots open fire on the shoggoth with lasers.
    Lots of lasers.
    Nasty lasers.

Evacuating People

And that's why the Philbots scan everyone before they get anywhere near and have chainguns etched with elder signs. Phil's a big HP Lovecraft fan.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

24. - Top - End - #294

[Off to R'lyeh or something!]

giant fishies! Trilby writes, looking around the crazy city. woah. if this trip was squares, trilbys eyes wouldnt hurt so much. these shapes are silly. And Lewis mentions a song! songs are fun, but arent we supposed to be a sneaking?

[Lucy's Mind]

"Don't worry sweetie, I'm gonna protect you and Lucy." Victoria says, finishing her stretching. She then struts up to the door and punches it, probably hard enough to put her hand through it, or split it in halves, one of them, and retaining enough momentum to hit something on the other side within arm's reach with at least the force of a wine bottle hitting something.

[Streets Outside Trog's+> Trog's]

Crae pops out here, followed By Delilah, and looks around. Huh... Vampire girl with her hand on the back of an Eldritch abomination's head, but otherwise not much. He decides to head inside Trog's and look for the kitchen!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[National Park]

Raril finds his feet and mutters a spell to heal the injuries he'd taken from the fall. "Okay." He turns to the drone. "Can you find my son and daughter? Nadas and Ilpholin. I need to make sure they're safe. Well... Safer." He adds, noting the ever harshening environment.

"I... I need to find my wife." The drow scratches the side of his head nervously. It wasn't going to be an easy task, even if she was towering over the city. Getting to her would be dangerous, and would she even recognize him when she got there? Did that even matter?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Beckett's Clinic

Mitta will let Iriel pet her, not seeing why doomsday should prevent petting. She does seem to wonder a bit about the smell, but Iriel doesn't smell evil so she can be as off as she want. The Wolfhounds only hunt evil.

And food, but Iriel is not food either.

She could be hiding food, though.
    Beckett's Clinic

Beckett makes his way over to the clinic, slipping through the door. He closes it behind him.

There is a long, empty silence.

The clinic doesn't look too big. How long could it take him to investigate?
    Alas, further sniffing reveals that Iriel has no food on her, for wolves or people.

Iriel waits for Beckett patiently. How long would it take? Well... if he's going through every room commando-style it would take a while. Especially if there is a basement. Plus, does she really know how big the building is? And he has to check every floor.

If it takes 45 minutes she starts to worry more. At an hour she will begin to be paranoid. What if he's dead? You would think you would hear something. She will begin glancing around nervously, looking for any evidence someone... something is stalking them.

27. - Top - End - #297

[National Park]

"Do you want us to help the robot find our brother and sister?" Divaonar inquires in a very helpful tone.

"Or would you prefer we stay with you?" Raven asks.

It doesn't look like K'rax is moving toward the park right now. Nor away from it. Just in some other direction through the city. From Raril's position he should be able to see the Far Chimera rooting around through rumble and tramping buildings under foot in her search.

In the swath of destruction behind her an aberrant, alien jungle of twisted and hideous forms has sprung up. It seems her mere presence is causing the very stones themselves to mutate into Eldritch abominations.

Divaonar puts a paw on Raril's leg. "As... as long as the Stars Are Right Mother won't be acting quite the same as before. It might not be safe if you go to her."

[Outside Trog's]

Oh you silly!

Scanners won't detect shoggoths. What kind of nonsense is that? But since the Philbots seem to trust in their technology they'll no doubt never realize the rather staggering hole in their plan.

As for the bird lady!

She and Limping Man are headed this way to!

Y'know who else is headed this way?

K'rax-Naggath!

Better move before you get trampled to death.

[Rl'yeh]

It's...

Spooky here?

And confusing.

And there are lots of open passages that might be tunnels and might be pits. It's hard to tell the difference.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

[National Park]

"I should be alright on my own. I'm warded, and so are my blades." The drow explains, checking his swords to see that the Eye of Derleth was still etched into the blades. "Zee might be different, but she's still my wife. Nothing in the world will change that. And nothing is going to keep me from her. Not when she needs me." And with all that was going on, how could she not?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

29. - Top - End - #299

[National Park]

"Very well, Father," Raven replies before taking off. No doubt she'll go find some people to protect! It's what she does after all. Save as many Nexus people as she can for as long as she can.

It's a hopeless, losing battle.

But not one she's about to give up on.

Divaonar scoots in close to Raril and butts his head up against the drow's leg.

"Mother charged me with protecting you though... It's what I'm for. Are... are you sure you don't want me to come?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [MagCave - Psi]

Devi blinks at Psi. She doesn't look too relieved by the back pats at all, and looks a bit angry and confused about the attempted reassuring.

"It's the end of the world! We're all going to die, and you pat me on the back?!"
    [MagCave]

"Social protocols suggest this is an accepted method of reassurance," says Psi. She hasn't stopped the patting. "A better method would be to remove that which is causing the current state of shock. However, Unit is not equipped to stop the world from ending.

Will Ethanol be required?"