New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [MagCave - Reinholdt]

"Oh. Damn."

Ermine goes to sloppily lean against the nearest available surface, be it a wall or a table or a Magbot, and brings a hand up to the side of her head. Must have a headache, or a hangover. While drunk.

"Dat'sh no good at all."
    "No. No it's not really. You alright?" Reinholdt asks, stepping over to provide a shoulder if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    MagCave

"OK. Thank you for being honest; most adults would add something like 'it'll be OK' in a situation like this when it's obvious that it won't." Natalie's ten, she feels old enough to deal with this although most others would disagree and nearly everyone would try to reassure her with promises they can't keep and hollow assurances that everything's normal.

"Hey. HEY NOW! It's a tragedy. Lives will be lost, but that doesn't mean we're giving up and surrendering. It sucks hardcore, but it will be ok."
    It has to be.

[Inside near BDD]

After thoroughly searching the tavern and finding no Raril, Ilpholin moves out into a perimeter search, looking for Raril. She avoids the rooftops as it draws too much attention and sticks to the shadows, knowing the risks.

[Inside]

Fez Hat Reinholdt kitty thinks this space shuttle evacuation is a great idea, so goes and joins the survivors gathering there for Phil's plan.

Nadas has long since jumped in EQ's portal and is far from Inside at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagCave - Interior, Addressed to All Present

Raptor Christ, this is so goddamned typical. The apocalypse comes, and the closest thing to an excuse to shoot Moon without guilt or consequence comes. Then, before Maggy can so much as blink, Phil opens fire and now he's got to choose sides. Emotion dictates that he let this slide, maybe even help out a little, take down the necromancer too. Logic, on the other hand, says 'Once an AMENite, always an AMENite', and points out how incredibly useful having a Saurous who isn't grieving over his stupid elf girlfriend could be. The most helpful thing Phil could do at this point, given that he's already handed over those blueprints, is to get lost. An order is fired off to the MagSquid, a command for an immediate reclassification of individuals in its field of vision.

Meanwhile, Magtok grabs a soapbox, chooses a place in the foyer that he figures will work for this little speech, and sets it down with a THUMP, before stepping up on top and clearing his throat.

"Ahem. Hello? Hello, can I have everyone's attention? Thank you.

Alright, I'll start from the beginning, in case anyone's missing out on part of the story. There was an apocalypse to be stopped, just a few days ago. Lovecraft-themed, squids and tentacles and madness, that whole she-bang. Due to an unfortunate accident that we still can't quite explain, a timeline split has triggered. There is a Nexus that went on, life as usual...and then there's us.

You may have noticed a number of friends, family, and loved ones are just...missing. Rest assured, it's not because the monsters got them, not in every case, anyways. Those folks, the people no longer with us since the split? They're the lucky ones, folks fortunate enough to only exist in one timeline, the healthy one, for reasons still unknown. Trust me when I say they're in a better place."

Magtok pauses uncomfortably, dwelling on all the people Mainframe couldn't locate, caught between wishing Elly was here with him and praying that no form of her should ever have to behold a world as wretched as his.

"You were all wise to come here. This sanctuary was built, first and foremost, with survival in mind. These walls are made of stuff nuclear fallout, shapeshifting glass drills, and even Calublufiok couldn't possibly hope to breach. There will be sufficient food, shelter, clothing, and all the basic necessities to last us a long time, and the infrastructure necessary to create even more. For the first week you will be sleeping here in the foyer, at least until we can clear out some of the now-defunct research chambers, but after that last night passes I guarantee you will all have a bed of your very own to sleep on.

All I ask in return is that instead of joining Phil's spaceships with the rest of the drain cleaners who've already given up, you help me fight this. I'll need soldiers, scientists, cooks, tailors, necromancers, healers, Elder Signs, Eyes of Derleth, and every last man, woman, and child I can get to help us make a new subterranean society. Inside has been lost, but the war isn't over. The enemy may be stronger than us, outnumber us, and doesn't even play by the same rules as us, but that does not mean they cannot lose.

And don't you dare tell me otherwise. This is the Nexus. The only absolute is that there are no absolutes. Impossibility means nothing to us. I mean...look at me! Evil supervillain Magtok, I've lost more battles than I can remember, failed in far too many ways to name, and yet I was one of the most powerful figures in the Nexus before this ****storm happened. I've fought wizards, gods, and kings, and was born little more than a squealing sack of meat.

If one of our scientists, after years of study and testing, discovers a weapon that will crack their unyielding shells without jeopardizing ourselves, we will have won by force. If we can get into space and develop sufficient arms to glass the entire world, we will have won by stalemate. If it takes generations and generations of MagCave survivors to live and die before they leave and go back into space, then we will have won by attrition. No matter the price, no matter the time, no matter the odds, we will win!"

MagCave - Exterior

The MagSquid is informed of new targets to assault, now that the shoggoth is on an ally and can't be harmed! It's those meddlesome Philbots! Rrrargh! Let's see how they react to being shot at with a pair of rocket launcher tentacles! Two rockets, fired from above by a weird man-sized purple robot squid thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave - Outside]

Harin will summon a fire elemental, and set it on the shoggoth. It looks like a ten foot tall man made of lava.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-14 at 12:29 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside the MagCave

Saurous seems to largely ignore Moon's advice, coming in to about swinging distance before stopping in his tracks as the first laser is fired, which presumably whizzes over his shoulder. He quickly twists around to face Phil's drones, snarling.

"No. None of that."

The MagSquid seems to have the matter pretty well in hand, but Saur feels the need to put up one extra precaution. He gives a harsh shove with his left hand, the resplendent white energy dispersing into the space in front of him as he does so. The air distorts and warps before his open palm, a shimmering dome of force forming around him, Moon and the now diminutive shoggoth to prevent any further attempts by trigger-happy robots or lava elementals to attack his Moon Called. Even if they are just trying to help.

He then redirects his attention back to the matter at hand: getting that thing off of her. He reaches out with his skeletal claw, now fully wreathed in that unholy, deleterious energy that the necromancer loves so much. He attempts to grab ahold of the shoggoth currently trying to dissolve the ice elf's forearm, not really concerned with the possibility of Moon burning him. The horrid black wave engulfing his hand has rather adverse affects on any organic material that Saurous touches (read: it kills stuff real good), and will hopefully not only remove the shoggoth, but also discourage it from trying to hitch a ride on the necromancer. He moves his hand carefully whenever the shoggoth shifts or recoils, trying his best to not touch Moon's already horribly ravaged arm.
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-14 at 12:55 AM.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside MagCave

Thank the shiabenene for kineshields, amiright?
    Only three of the Philtbots are destroyed, and the rest stop firing.
    "Excuse us, but, do you SEE any damage on your friend cay lasers?"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside MagCave]

Saurous uses Necrotic Powers!

It's super effective!

The parts of the shoggoth that Saurous touches get reduced to a slimy, inert goo. The rest of the shoggoth tries to rapidly depart from Moon's arm and run away.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside the MagCave

After warning him, Moon Called barely seems to notice Saurous come closer. When he drops down next to her, she glances over at him, but it's hard to get a good look at her face through her helmet.

As soon as the shoggoth is off her, Moon Called drops back, falling against the magical barrier. Her sword stays where it is, burning away from it's position, stuck upright in the ground. The ward coating the ice elf's armour seems to have calmed down, though - it's no longer hissing and heating up from the shoggoth's touch. The ice elf holds her arm away from her gingerly, trying not to look at it - the steel armour was glowing a deep, cherry red.
    Saurous had better hurry up and finish off the rest of the shoggoth so Moon Called can drop her ward and get her armour off.

[hr]

Beckett's Clinic

Fortunately, Iriel isn't left waiting for much longer than fifteen minutes. A window on the top floor of the clinic opens and Beckett sticks his head out, waving to get his companion's attention. Once he does, he motions for them to come on inside.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-08-14 at 01:14 AM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside the MagCave

As soon as the shoggoth unlatches itself from Moon, the negative energy on Saur's hand disperses. He shoots a concerned glance at Moon before following after the escaping shoggoth. He snaps the fingers on his claw together, and flames begin to course down along the contours of the exposed bones of his arm.

The abomination will find it difficult to flee further than a yard or two, what with the force barrier and all. Saurous should quickly catch up to it, and stands between it and the edge of the dome. He smirks, and points a bony finger at it. The fire begins to arc down to the point, forming a small ball of flame.

"Tekeli-li, you hideous son of a bitch."

The fireball is launched at the shoggoth, detonating into a forceful conflagration upon impact.
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-14 at 01:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the MagCave]

The ball of goo that was once a mighty and proud shoggoth defiantly launches at Saurous, just as the flame is launched. It is to no avail, as the fireball catches it mid flight and burns it to ash as expected.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave - Outside -> MagCave Proper]

Harin will walk in through the door the MagSquid is/was guarding, if nothing stops him.

The fire elemental follows him.

Also, I still need a status on the pod.

11. - Top - End - #311

Outside the Magcave

"****ing finally." The ice elf says in a pained grunt. She wastes no time in dropping the wards, the red shimmer surrounding her dispersing like mist in the air. As soon as it's gone, she brings her right hand up, fumbling at the latches and buckles that keep her armour in place.

The gauntlet comes off first and is the hardest. Parts of the metal have melted slightly and fused onto her skin, and it's only thanks to pure adrenaline that taking it off is merely excruciating. Moon Called grits her teeth, swallowing a scream as she pries the metal off. Once the gauntlet is removed, Moon Called and Saurous get their first look at the damage. The ice elf's arm looks like someone left it in the oven too long. The skin is blistered and raw at the best, splitting open and cauterizing before it can bleed. At worst, especially where the metal was close to or touching her skin, it is blackened and charred. Her fingers and palm seem to have suffered the brunt of it, little more than crispy black lumps.

Next off comes the shoulder guard. This one's easy to take off, just a leather strap holding the now warped and melted steel in place. The damage here isn't quite as sever - the leather padding - now burnt to little more than ashes - on the bottom of the guard, as well as the fact that it was layered over the gauntlet and the upper arm guard. But the damage is still there - the burns on Moon Called's arm visibly shift to a mere second degree, a bright red stripe against the sickening black.

The upper arm guard comes next. Two, warped, latches along the inside of the arm give way with a fair application of force and the steel cylinder splits open along a hinge on the other side, and falls to the ground with a clatter. The damage is far worse on the front than it is on the back - crusty black burns giving away to dull, red burns.

Moon Called looks down at her arm, stunned and uncomprehending. That was... her arm? It couldn't be...
    "... Saur?" She says, in a quiet, tiny voice. "I... I think I need a healer."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

outside MagCave

"I am fully equipped for extensive medical procedures," one robot points out, "But your signifigant other is under the impression I tried to hurt you."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Off to R'lyeh!]

Lewis nods disappointedly.

"You're probably right. So let's get sneaky!"

He flutters and walks his way around, hovering over the impressive holes to look inside and admiring the floor from the ceiling while he looks for the biggest, most elder godly hole he can find. They were looking for Chtulhu's room and the Pixie is determined to find it.

[Lucy's Mind]

Vicky's punch goes through the door as the assault from the creatures outside forces it to disintegrate and her punch instead hits one of Them, cracking it's neck and sending it staggering back.

It didn't stop it, though. The nurse, dressed as Lucy were but what little is left of humanity in it shows that this was another poor victim of the Monster, keeps shambling towards Vicky and Lucy along with three other once-members of Kirkbride's staff.

Little Lucy seems pretty scared and is hiding under the carpet now.

[Streets of Inside]

Rahona grabs the Limping Man and drags him over to the nearest building with stairs and no apparent Shoggoths and kicks in the door. She will make sure he is safe next to her and peer out the window at K'rax.

[Beckett's Clinic]

Nach'tt and Mitta will enter the Clinic, looking curiously around.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2011-08-14 at 05:28 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

MagCave Interior

Missy claps at the speech. Very inspiring, and she hoped it worked. Apparently Edijar had told Magtok about his splinter timeline idea, and Magtok had either fallen for it or, more likely, decided the refugees could do with something pretty to mentally cling to.

She moves over to Edijar. She didn't really think he was capable of making rational decisions, but the habits of a soldier die hard. "Orders?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #315

Outside MagCave

Now landing outside of the cave, is Gordon's UFO. Taking the chance that this place is safe enough for the moment, Gordon steps outside the UFO and walks past the robots, injured Moon and worried Saurous. He has something else to do, and it needs to be done fast.

----------

Inside

Meanwhile, the satellite that Gordon prepared is now hurling towards the remains of the city. Sure, the odds of this working are slim, but the antimagic and the elder signs covering it, plus the fact that Gordon also filled it with explosives might make it a better weapon than other things.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [National Park]

"Very well, Father," Raven replies before taking off. No doubt she'll go find some people to protect! It's what she does after all. Save as many Nexus people as she can for as long as she can.

It's a hopeless, losing battle.

But not one she's about to give up on.

Divaonar scoots in close to Raril and butts his head up against the drow's leg.

"Mother charged me with protecting you though... It's what I'm for. Are... are you sure you don't want me to come?"
    [National Park]

Raril nods. "Yeah, I'm sure. See if you can find your siblings. They'll need more help than I will. They haven't lived in this city as long as I have." The drow had survived apocolypses before. "I can take care of myself, at least as far as it takes to get to your mother." After that, well, that would be up to Zee.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Inside, Various

The Mainframe Drone searches for Ilpholin and Nadas. Whether either is found is up to their player.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

Reinholdt gives Magtok a small nod. Magtok is free to interpret it however he likes! He won't give any more indication beyond that at this time.

[Inside]

Nadas is long gone as mentioned above.

Ilpholin is sticking to the shadows on the ground, but it is kind of hard to miss a giant dire spider, so the drone probably can find her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Inside

Target acquired!

"Ilpholin Xar'Cha, Your presence is requested at the MagCave for the purposes of survival. You have five minutes to pack." The Mainframe Drone tells Ilpholin.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

"I'm not going anywhere until I find Raril and know he's safe." Ilpholin counters, continuing to look.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Inside

"Raril Xar'Cha was last seen in the National Park. He also refused sanctuary and requested you and Nadas Xar'Cha be taken to the MagCave while he searches for his marital companion. This was an illogical decision."
    Mainframe Drone says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

"That sounds about ri... he asked for us?" Ilpholin asks, pausing to look at the drone. You'd better not lie drone! Ilphy will know!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Inside

"Affirmative."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Ilpholin grin grows slowly. And becomes wide.
    "Sorry. Can't come with you. Gotta go to the National Park. Thanks for letting me know."
    Ilpholin and Mister Squiggles and Margret all head in that direction immediately! Though Ilpholin thinks that today, just for a few minutes at least, she could die happy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Inside

Mainframe adds an 'illogical' tag to Ilpholin's record in his database and moves on to continue searching for Nadas and Grace. Humdeedum.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #326

[Off To Rl'yeh!]

Trilby stays on Lewis's head, and wraps his tail around his waist. That's all he can think to do, really.

[Lucy's Mind]

Vicky takes a few steps back and turns around. "Hope you don't mind if I mess your room up a little bit." She says to Kid Lucy, as she grabs her bed and spins, attempting to throw it, frame, mattress and all at the monsters.
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2011-08-14 at 01:27 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Rl'yeh]

Finding Cthulhu's bed room isn't terribly hard.

It's that giant hole in the ground that's big enough to swallow up something really... really big.

Yeah.

It's really dark.

And it smells gross down there.

And there seems to be a flight of stairs leading down into the abyss! Touching the right-angles on the stairs will likely slice a limb clean off. Best be careful about that.

[Trog's]

Allen decides to get drunk!

No doubt this decision won't be one that he regrets.

[Streets]

The bird-lady's friend, seeing that she's got her attention elsewhere and is alone with him, decides to inform her that he was never on her side to begin with.

The man explodes in a frothing mass of black protoplasm and sickly green light and attempts to envelop Rahona. How awful...

[National Park]

Divaonar doesn't seem very happy about this... But he'll obey none the less. "Alright Father. Please be careful."

And with that he takes to the air!

[MagCave]

Turns out the pod doesn't explode. It's just a conduit for Cthulhu's dreadful unnatural power. No doubt this will never result in something bad and should be forgotten about as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-14 at 02:36 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Beckett's Clinic

Fortunately, Iriel isn't left waiting for much longer than fifteen minutes. A window on the top floor of the clinic opens and Beckett sticks his head out, waving to get his companion's attention. Once he does, he motions for them to come on inside.
    See? Nothing to worry about. Iriel goes in last, and shuts the door tightly behind her. She examines the inside of the clinic, but doesn't touch anything.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside the MagCave

Saurous is back by Moon's side in an instant, gently pressing his left hand against her shoulder. The curative positive energy begins to flow again, the white light arcing between his fingers and her skin. It doesn't begin to repair anything yet, simply dulling the pain of her injuries for the moment. Though, to be honest, Saurous would be surprised if she still had any sensation left in her arm. He holds it gingerly by the wrist with his other hand, slowly turning it to get a better look at the damage. His eyes widen as he sees just how devastated it is. His crimson eyes look to his own arm for a moment, before moving back to Moon's, and then back to his again. A gentle tremor causes his hands to shake slightly as his breathing becomes more sharp and punctuat-

The necromancer abruptly shakes his head, trying to get back to his senses. Things need to be done, Kaer! Heal now, relive old trauma later. He assesses the damage, looking over the blisters and eschar with a careful eye. It...it doesn't look too bad. I mean, it's still attached and everything. And it seems like Moon can still feel pain, so she hasn't lost all of her nerve endings to the heat. With some magic healing, a few debridement treatments and a skin graft or two, it should be perfectly...

Oh, who is he kidding? Treatment would probably take weeks to complete, weeks that they really don't have. And even if they did have time to heal it, there was always the chance that it wouldn't take. This definitely seems to be turning into a "I'm sorry, there's nothing else we can do, we'll have to amputate" situation.

But Saurous tries to remain positive. Even if she does end up losing the arm, between his necromancy and Magtok's cybernetics, she certainly wouldn't be without some kind of limb for very long. He looks back up at Moon's helmeted face, giving her a gentle smile.

"You're going to be fine, dearest. But we need to get you inside before I can do anything about this. Do you think you can walk?"
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

[National Park]

"Good luck, Kiddo." Raril says quietly as his son flies away. He takes a few moments to cast more spells over himself, pushing his abilities to unnatural levels before he sets off to try and find his wife.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.