New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

MagCave

Saurous jumps a bit as the door slams shut behind him. Magtok couldn't get a door that just slides shut and seals itself gently, could he? The necromancer takes a second to make sure Moon is doing alright, before turning his head back to the MagSquid.

"I don't suppose you could lead us to a infirmary?" he asks, his tone implying some level of urgency.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

MagCave

"Please follow me,"
    says a floating disco ball, who will lead Saurous and MoonCalled to the MagFirmary. Mainframe really should change his outfit. The party look is so not appropriate any longer.

"What type of spells can you cast? Combat? Buffs? Healing? I need specifics." Missy says to Harin.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

Raril slows his pace and takes a deep breath to steady himself. He glances at Ilpholin and his hands move, shaping signs and signals he prayed she had been taught to understand during her time in the Underdark. Go! His hands said. This isn't safe. Go!

"I'm here." He says aloud while one hand reaches to rub the golden bangle on his wrist. "I'm safe."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagCave

Saurous raises an eyebrow at the talking disco ball, but decides to follow it to the infirmary in lieu of questioning it. He just chalks its existence up to standard Magtok weirdness. Once they reach the MagFirmary, he'll lead Moon over to the nearest open bed and attempt to gently ease her onto it.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

Of course it's not safe!

Ilpholin steps back a bit, hanging back there, but she refuses to leave altogether and keeps Raril in sight.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-08-14 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

The massive form of the Far Chimera looms over Raril as she turns her head to the side to peer at him out of one blazing eye several sizes larger than the drow himself. Though she isn't as massive as she was before there's something about her that just seems so much larger than before.

With the Stars as they are there's nothing to hold her bound.

Nothing to hold her back.

"You're so small now~" the whisper says. "So frail~ So fragile~ I'm afraid I might break you~ I've broken many of the little things that loved me~"

The menagerie of once-human things frolic and whirl around the Far Chimera. Others drop to warped knees and bow themselves to the ground.

"It makes me so sad~ Sad that your kind withers and fades so fast~"

And then the Old One's obsidian jaws split open, torrents of opalescent white essence spilling over teeth like boulders and cascading to the street. The servitors rush below K'rax' mouth to bathe themselves in the cataract of alien substance, their forms warping and mutating further.

"Why couldn't I see it when I was dreaming~? See that your life will burn out so fast~ Unless I make you mine~ Mine forever~ Until the stars forget their dance~ Until the worlds grow cold and dead~ You will be mine~ And I will be yours~"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-14 at 10:23 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground

MagCave

Moon Called grunts as she lowers herself down onto the bed, with more than a little help from Saurous. Once she's down, she lifts her left arm, fumbling at the clasps that keep her helmet on. They pop off with a loud snap, and the helmet tumbles to the floor with a crash.

Moon Called's hair is drenched with sweat and clings to her head. Her eye is glazed over, dulled from the pain. She glances up at Saurous, looking into his eyes for a moment, before her eye closes and she falls back onto the bed.

[hr]

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Beckett's Clinic]

Nach'tt and Mitta will enter the Clinic, looking curiously around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    See? Nothing to worry about. Iriel goes in last, and shuts the door tightly behind her. She examines the inside of the clinic, but doesn't touch anything.
    Beckett's Clinic

The door opens to what looks like a receptionary area. There are chairs lined up along the wall, few of them matching each other. A desk with an old computer stands next to one door to the left of the room. The door looks newer than the rest of the clinic, and is probably a recent installation. On the other side of the wall is another door, which leads to a flight of stairs which lead up. Beckett is walking down them as he greets his new guests.
    "Make yourselves comfortable." The medic says to Iriel and the others as he joins them. "I live upstairs, there's food and beds there for you all. I don't know how long we'll be able to stay here so try to conserve the food." He pauses, and then looks at the kobold. "<Stay, sleep, eat. Up-house.> He says, switching to undercommon. "I'll be in the infirmary, should be up soon."
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-08-14 at 10:18 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

"Combat and summoning."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

Dear gods... She was going to change him, transform him like all of those poor people. She was going to consume him and make him a part of her. He would no longer be himself, but he would still be her husband.

Somehow, Raril had known it would come to this. From the moment he had set out from the park he knew, and still he came. Such was the power of his love for his wife. Such was the strength of his devotion as a husband. He would give everything he had for her, even himself.

"Divaonar." Raril spoke quietly, but knew how to pitch his voice so the Chimera would hear. "Get Ilpholin out of here. Keep her safe. Don't argue. Just go."

The drow glanced back at his daughter. He reached into a pocket and pulled out something shining on a silver chain. He threw it towards her, hoping she would catch it. His hands moved again, signing, but he hesitated. I.. There wasn't a word, but it could be spelled out. I L-O-V-E you.

That done, Raril began to walk forward. "I am yours, my love." He declared, his voice strong. "I am here for you."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

Saurous raises a hand to Moon's face, gently brushing away hair away from her eyes. He then slides his fingers down her cheek, giving her a long, sad look before getting to work.

He first removes his little makeshift sling from her arm, tossing it off to the side. Negative energy begins to flow between his fingers again, and he quickly sweeps his hand over the length of Moon's arm a couple of times. Not for long enough to cause any further damage to her, but just enough to kill off any opportunistic bacteria trying to make homes in her wounds. He then goes around to the other side to begin removing the rest of her armor, starting with the left shoulder pad. He waves down a couple of MagBots as he does so.

"You. I need disinfected bandages and something to keep that arm elevated with. She's probably lost a lot of fluid at this point, so I'll also need you to get me an IV. Any anesthetics that Magtok's got lying around here would be excellent as well. I'd like to be able to hold a conversation with her for more than five seconds without her passing out from pain. Hurry."
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-15 at 01:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Off to R'lyeh!]

Lewis begins poking around Chtulhu's bedroom, looking for anything from time distortions and magical crystals to ancient Old One technology and the number 42.

[Lucy's Mind]

The nurse is grabbed and her arm yanked till it makes a sickening crack and tears off. But the nurse seems only more determined to kill, lounging at Vicky and grabbing for her neck. Even the arm seems determined to kill her, although ineffectually so.

"They'll keep coming, They've found us now. We have to get out."

Little Lucy has run up to the window and is trying to open the frozen lock, not keeping her eye on Them.

[Rahona and the Limping Soggoth]

The explosion of Eldricth mass seems to take Rahona by surprise, her eyes opening wide. But as the Soggoth would have hit her, she disappears in a flash of light and reappears on a beam above the Soggoth seconds later.

"Okay, tha' close. Dun do tha' again"

She pulls herself together and aims her futuristic gun at the creature below her.

"Now, wha' was tha' fer?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Beckett's Clinic

The door opens to what looks like a receptionary area. There are chairs lined up along the wall, few of them matching each other. A desk with an old computer stands next to one door to the left of the room. The door looks newer than the rest of the clinic, and is probably a recent installation. On the other side of the wall is another door, which leads to a flight of stairs which lead up. Beckett is walking down them as he greets his new guests.
    "Make yourselves comfortable." The medic says to Iriel and the others as he joins them. "I live upstairs, there's food and beds there for you all. I don't know how long we'll be able to stay here so try to conserve the food." He pauses, and then looks at the kobold. "<Stay, sleep, eat. Up-house.> He says, switching to undercommon. "I'll be in the infirmary, should be up soon."

"Thank you, Beckett."

Iriel will walk around the clinic, but won't go anywhere that seems to be off-limits. (i.e. the newer door on the left side of the room.) Whenever she goes past a window, she will take a moment to look out. She will eventually park herself in a chair on the upper level, looking out the window that seems to have the best view.

After a bit she will seem to start thinking. Thinking hard.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Beckett's Clinic]

Nach'tt nods to Beckett and studies the room, Mitta walking after him.

Once they have explored the room and the upstairs area they will settle in a corner. Nach'tt petting Mitta for a bit.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Docks]

Quotes were somewhere I was too lazy to find.
    John tried to 'port Ace somewhere, which is probably unnecessary, due to a force field.
    Big monster is mostly just whacking it somewhat impotently (for now).
    Eadin is busily sending another ice spike into it.
    Galinai is staring at Aria jumping on top of said ice spike, as it flies through the monster's bigger set of legs.

This provides a nice vantage point for more stabbing.

Or would, if the entire monster didn't spontaneously burst into a massive cloud of small, flying scorpions.

The air becomes filled with buzzing and spiny little legs, but no stinging. Yet.

[Magcave]

Hooray, the refugees made it to the cave!
    We think!
    So hopefully it's now a bit more crowded in there, while people enjoy each others company and the grim hope that "Oh gods, we might not all die horribly".

Hopefully no one notices that the little boy over there acquired a shoggothy hitch-hiker.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #375

The Docks
    'John' ponders for a moment. What kills scorpions......
    "Summon Mongoose!"
    A mongoose appears near the scorpions. 'John' was mixing up scorpions with snakes.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #376

[Docks]

Eadin curses as the monster explodes.
    The spikes melt into a big wave, trying to scoop the scorpions into the sea.
    She tries to drag Galinai away from the beasties, stings are bad.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

Ilpholin catches the silver chain, though gives it only a small glance, watching Raril. Her face is clearly etched with protest, until he turns to walk towards Zee. The drow's lip trembles and she gives a single step forward, starting to reach out her hand towards him. But she stops herself and lowers her hand slowly before turning around, fist clenched around the chain.

"Let's stop wasting our time here Mister Squiggles. All this lovey-dovey crap is making me nauseous."

She starts heading back the way they came and away from the scene. She didn't want to watch. She didn't want Raril to see her cry.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-08-15 at 12:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #378

[Streets]

The bird-gal deftly escapes the shoggoth! Fortunate too. If it had grabbed her she would have no doubt been dissolved into a person-sized blob of shoggoth goop.

And that would be awful.

It responds to her question by gibbering at her before slinking away down a storm drain. The element of surprise has been lost. No reason to fight.

[Rl'yeh]

It seems to be... Pretty darn featureless down here. Like the inside of a tomb. A tomb created by some guy who really hates interior decoration.

Though if they search long enough they will find one thing. One thing hidden away in a angle of masonry that shouldn't have been there.

A Hello Kitty alarm clock.

[Fleeing from K'rax]

Ilpholin will soon find a young boy chasing after her! A half drow, looks about eight years old by human standards. Long white hair, bluish black skin and...

Steel blue eyes? That's different. He's clad in rather modern looking attire and there's a good chance that Ilpholin will recognize his voice right away.

"Hey! Hey wait for me!"

[At the Foot of K'rax]

The servitors scatter as The Far Chimera reaches forward with one of her massive fore-claws and slams the building-sized-

Oh.

Wait.

The claw is only the size of a human hand now.

K'rax crawls toward Raril, abruptly appearing no larger than a normal human being in the process. And yet there's still a strange nagging impression that she's incomprehensibly vast. The Far Chimera rises up on her hind legs, looking Raril straight in the eye now.

"I will love you forever~" comes the whisper. "And nothing will ever part us ag-"

A beat.

"This spooky voice is getting really annoying, hang on a sec~"

And with that she grabs her head and starts yanking on it. After a few moments of pulling it pops right off, revealing a stark white silhouette of a human head and face below. A human head with her long hair pulled back into a tight pony tail.

The monster-head is stuffed under her arm like a helmet.

"There! That's a lot better. Look, Raril. I don't... want you to do this because you feel obligated," K'rax begins, reaching out to put a hand on Raril's chest. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you better. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect the Nexus better. I'm..."

Her unseen gaze falls down to the ground.

"...I'm sorry this is all I have to offer..."

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

Raril just smiles at his wife. "It's alright." He says, reaching out to her. "You did everything that you could. No one could expect any more than that." He tries to pull her into a hug. "Dearest, if it is my fate to be with you until the end of time itself, then I gladly accept that. Isn't that exactly what I swore when I married you?"

[Fleeing from K'rax]

Should Ilpholin examine the trinket Raril threw at her more thoroughly, she'll find it's a silver amulet depicting a drowess dancing before the moon. She may recognize it as a symbol of Eilistraee, the one goodly goddess amongst the Drow pantheon. Two rings were strung onto the chain alongside the amulet. One was a plain gold band, the other a more ornate design in platinum.

Why had he thrown this her way? What had he meant by it? Was it just something to remember him by? Or was there a deeper message there?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[With the Scorpion Swarm]

Surely a mongoose could handle a few scorpions without any problem at all.
    But this is quite the cloud of them.
    It would be fairly simple to say that it's very likely completely outclassed in this little battle.

"Okay. We can go now I think."
    Galinai is dragged a bit and points down the street.
    "The others were heading towards a shelter, we can head that way. Preferably before we die horribly."

Aria frowns a bit, waving a hand at the buzzing arachnids.
    "Before they decide to be more violent."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #381

With the Scorpion Swarm
    "I can teleport us all over there, though it might tire me out...."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fleeing from K'rax]

Ilpholin... walks faster! I don't think she's going to wait for Divaonar. However, she will not stop him from tagging along either. If he can keep up with a swift walking pace.

After putting some distance between herself and the events she examines the amulet.
    "...Eilistraee. Heh."
    She never was very good at being good, even when she wanted to be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #383

[With the Scorpion Swarm]

Eadin nods. "Shelter sounds good."
    She frowns at 'John', not sure if she can trust him.
    "What do you think, Gal? Or can you take us?"
    She uses waves of water to keep the scorpions away.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

24. - Top - End - #384
    Bugbear in the Playground

[R'lyeh]

Trilby says hello back to the alarm clock! By meowing at it, of course. Silly kitty.

[Lucy's mind]

Lucy wings the arm as hard as she can at the demon nurse and doubles back toward the wardrobe. "You want us to get out? Duck." She says, and the wardrobe goes flying toward the window. It just seemed faster.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

25. - Top - End - #385

[At the Foot of K'rax]

Aaww... Hugs are a nice thing to have at the end of the world. Certainly better than having a bunch of tentacles working into one's brain.

K'rax embraces Raril and the drow will probably feel a distinct tingling sensation just being near her. The necklace she had given Raril protects him from even her corrupting touch, thankfully. Though it would probably be useless if she turned the full brunt of her power on him.

Like what she's intending to do.

"I'm going to pour my essence into you. As much as I can spare. I'll still be me. And you'll still be you. But we'll be Us. Two separate minds. Two separate bodies. But one being, united in nature and purpose. It's the only way I can be sure that I'll save you, Raril."

K'rax pushes away from the drow slightly to look him straight in the eye.

"I'm sorry I've put you through so much weirdness. You deserve better than this."

[Fleeing ==> Streets]

Divaonar jogs along behind Ilpholin! He's pretty quick for being so small. And once he gets close he'll try to peek at the trinket the half-drow had been intrusted with.

"What did Father give you?"

26. - Top - End - #386

Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    "You. I need disinfected bandages and something to keep that arm elevated with. She's probably lost a lot of fluid at this point, so I'll also need you to get me an IV. Any anesthetics that Magtok's got lying around here would be excellent as well. I'd like to be able to hold a conversation with her for more than five seconds without her passing out from pain. Hurry."
    MagFirmary

A Magbot tilts its head to one side, as if the elf were speaking some sort of foreign language. He very well might have been, given that he gave all those orders without pointing right at the bot, shouting at it, or doing any number of Maggish things that usually came with most commands. After a moment though, it thinks it has a pretty good idea of how urgent this is supposed to be, and opts to put off disposal of Zee's catatonic form for just a while longer.

"Right away, sir. Gauze, IV, elevation, anesthetics. Any allergies I should be aware of? Pre-existing conditions, anything relevant at all and unrelated to the shoggoth incident?"

It taps the side of its head, prompting some lower-tier infirmary Magbots to scurry about, retrieving the things Saurous asked for, handing the robot doctor a syringe with a strong painkiller formula as they try to elevate the arm and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

Ilpholin whirls on the half-drow and hisses at him angrily. "He's not YOUR father!"

She also goes to hide the amulet behind her back so he can't see it. Cause she's really petty like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

"I'm fairly certain she doesn't have any relevant medical conditions," the necromancer explains. "She's a bit assistance-intolerant, so don't take it personally if she tries to swat you away while you're helping."

Having quickly removed all the armor on her healthy arm, Saurous begins to work on removing Moon's breastplate with a...curious, but not entirely surprising level of speed and familiarity. He works the straps and clasps on the side nearest him with one hand, casting some sort of telekinesis spell with his other hand to undo any that he can't reach without moving his patient around.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

"Don't apologize. I really don't mind the strangeness." Raril's mind had long since learned to ignore most of it out of sheer self preservation. The rest kept his life interesting. "And honestly, I never thought I deserved any of this, but I still have you and our children, and I am thankful for that. I will do whatever I can to make you happy." He swears.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

30. - Top - End - #390

[At the Foot of K'rax]

"And I'll do whatever I can to keep it that way. This... eerr... This might feel strange." K'rax replies before leaning forward to give Raril a kiss.

Nothing happens?

Huh... That's really strange. Could have sworn there would be some kind of-

A torrential maelstrom of ethereal essence suddenly erupts from K'rax, enveloping both she and Raril as the Eldritch power totally overcomes the protection of the Elder Sign like a flood breaching a dam. Power overwhelming. And all seeking to worm its way into the drow. Fill him to overflowing. Fill him until his frail, fragile mortal body simply vaporizes, unable to contain it.

Power that will latch onto Raril's consciousness, his soul and his spirit. Adhere to him and begin building a new form as directed by his own heart. Building a new body around his naked soul. Not a feeble body of flesh and bone and matter, but something so very much more alive.

K'rax will remain there the whole time, her arms clutched around Raril and her innate connection to the evolution of things new seeking to stabilize and carefully tend to the apotheosis.

[Streets]

A brilliant plume of bio-aetheric essence arcs into the sky, easily visible for miles around. Something weird just happened.

Divaonar, meanwhile, has his mind on other matters.

Namely pouting at Ipholin and yelling back, "He is so!"