New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Streets]

"He is not!" Ilpholin argues back very maturely.

"You're just some created... thing." She says, putting forth indisputable and insurmountable logic to back up her claim.

She's just upset cause her daddy got bio-aetheric essenced. Don't mind her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Streets]

"He is SO!" Divaonar fires back, just as maturely. Though in his defense he's a lot younger than Ilpholin is. Both chronologically and in terms of maturity.

Then he crosses his arms and huffs.

"And of course I was created! Everyone gets created by their parents when they're conceived."

Unless they're a golem.

Or a fern.

Or something else suitably weird.

"Mother and Father mated and I was born. Just like you were born when Father mated with someone... else. Right? Mother isn't your mother. You don't smell right for that."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

For some definitions of a lot. And chronologically.

Even golems are created though!

"Shut up!" Ilpholin fires back, turning to keep walking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #394

[Streets]

Golems usually don't get created via sex, though. Unless they're some kind of curtain golem which Rebo would really rather not think about.

*shudders*

Divaonar shuts up.

He also begins jogging along behind his half-sister. As mentioned before he's pretty quick, so keeping up with her shouldn't be terribly difficult. Raril had told him to make sure Ilpholin gets somewhere safe and he isn't about to let his dad down!

So...

Yeah. Following.

"Maybe we should go to the MagCave?" the lad suggests. "There wouldn't be as many hostile starspawn there. Maybe even none."

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"Oh yeah? Well what if I want to go to Menzoberranzan? You think about that?"

She was totally already heading towards the Magcave. She's just being difficult now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #396

[Streets]

Divaonar wrinkles his nose a little.

"I... guess I would need to follow you there then?" he offers uncertainly. "Father told me to make sure that you stay safe so that's what I'm going to do."

He's very obedient!

That's a rather nice feature for a children to have.

"Though if you wanted to go back to the Forgotten Realms I think you would need to go that way,"
    he points up the coast toward a certain location with some spooky ruins about forty miles away. "Right now we're going toward the MagCave."

It's true!

7. - Top - End - #397

Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    MagFirmary

"I'm fairly certain she doesn't have any relevant medical conditions," the necromancer explains. "She's a bit assistance-intolerant, so don't take it personally if she tries to swat you away while you're helping."

Having quickly removed all the armor on her healthy arm, Saurous begins to work on removing Moon's breastplate with a...curious, but not entirely surprising level of speed and familiarity. He works the straps and clasps on the side nearest him with one hand, casting some sort of telekinesis spell with his other hand to undo any that he can't reach without moving his patient around.
    "Understood, Mr. Kaer. I'll just check 'maybe' in the penicillin allergy box. Please stay where you are, the staff will set up the IV and whatnot from the opposite side of the bed."

A chart that totally wasn't in the Magbot's hands is filled out, as robo-orderlies try to set Moon up with an IV, inject her with a painkiller, and the rest of the stuff Saurous asked for.

"Now then, I've been inspecting the injury of your companion, and I have some bad news for the two of you. Based on initial inspection, and barring heavy magicka intervention, Moon Called has slim to no chance of regaining use of her wounded limb.

Ordinarily, I would recommend that a small tissue sample be extracted and taken to a laboratory, so that we might grow a new limb from scratch. However, due to time restraints and a myriad of other circumstances I need not remind you of, it is simply not an option. Additionally, I feel no need to remind the two of you of where we are, and insult either of you by pointing out what is a viable option for treatment."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

Not many children have it.

"I'm going where I want to go and I know where I'm going!" Ilpholin huffs. Huff!

Mister Squiggles chitters a sigh.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-08-15 at 08:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

Saurous nods at the Magbot as he removes the armor from Moon's torso and carefully sets it off to the side.

"I...I understand. I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but I understand," he says, turning his somber gaze down to Moon. He reaches down to gently stroke the side of her face again. There's a long pause before he speaks again. "I would like to wait and discuss it with her before doing anything decisive, though. Let's just try to keep her comfortable and stable for the time being."
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-15 at 08:03 PM.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [MagCave]

"Social protocols suggest this is an accepted method of reassurance," says Psi. She hasn't stopped the patting. "A better method would be to remove that which is causing the current state of shock. However, Unit is not equipped to stop the world from ending.

Will Ethanol be required?"
    [MagCave]

"Yes. It will be."

Devi hides her face with her hands. It may be worth mentioning at this point that her anxiety is making everything around her quite hot. Not unbearably so, but the young woman raises the temperature around her by a few degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "No. No it's not really. You alright?" Reinholdt asks, stepping over to provide a shoulder if need be.
    [MagCave]

"Nah... A beet wozzy..."

Ermine leans heavily on Reinholdt's shoulder!

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Nadas has long since jumped in EQ's portal and is far from Inside at this point.
    Ah. Unfortunately, he will find himself in a painful void of agony, a place between worlds where monsters such as Eig'Quzi lurk and mortal things such as Nadas are greedily eaten at by the alien air and landscape. It's very purple.

Anyway, this brief encounter with his flesh (attempted at) being picked apart by a thousand different microscopic sources all at once should hopefully come to an abrupt end as Eig'Quzi quite rudely tries to save his life by booting him out of the purple plane through another portal. Which will take him... well, to just about anywhere he wants. The destination is unspecified, and anywhere Nadas wishes to go will be where he ends up if the travel works. The purple people eater will not follow, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #401
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [MagCave]

"Yes. It will be."

Devi hides her face with her hands. It may be worth mentioning at this point that her anxiety is making everything around her quite hot. Not unbearably so, but the young woman raises the temperature around her by a few degrees.
    [MagCave]

"Understood," says Psi. The girl goes off to obtain the wine Magtok mentioned and returns a few minutes later with the bottle in hand. As her intent is to get Devi drunk, she didn't think a glass would be required.

"Ethanol acquired, obtained from Vitris Vinifera. Please proceed to consume the liquid.

Furthermore, thermal sensors indicate a rise in temperature, originating in subject. Please cease raising the temperature."

12. - Top - End - #402

Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    MagFirmary

Saurous nods at the Magbot as he removes the armor from Moon's torso and carefully sets it off to the side.

"I...I understand. I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but I understand," he says, turning his somber gaze down to Moon. He reaches down to gently stroke the side of her face again. There's a long pause before he speaks again. "I would like to wait and discuss it with her before doing anything decisive, though. Let's just try to keep her comfortable and stable for the time being."
    "Indeed. Certainly not anything to decide upon a whim, and without patient consent. That'd just be unethical, and m'lord would be extremely upset if he were to ever find out about such a thing occurring in his own infirmary.

Now then, if there's nothing else to discuss, I have orders to go wheel the comatose patient from the room adjacent yours outside, so that she may be fired out of a cannon. Goodbye, Mr. Kaer."

The Magbot keeps an entirely neutral look on its shiny chrome face as it says all of that, completely oblivious to the startling amount of hypocrisy in what it just said as it steps away to have Zee's braindead body moved elsewhere.

MagCave Foyer

The speech-making clone clears his throat.

"Right. So one last thing I just remembered, is everyone familiar with the Eye of Derleth and Elder Sign?"

Magtok holds up a pair of palms for all to see as he speaks. His shiny left palm, the one clearly much more capable of dishing out a punch, has been marked with a very fancy-looking Eye, flawlessly imprinted there with purple paint. His fleshy right hand, by contrast, has had a Sign quite crudely cut right into it. The cut still looks pretty fresh, and fairly deep, as if Maggy was going out of his way to cause it to become a big ugly scar later. There's a few band-aids on the back of his hand, suggesting he might not have originally planned to go with the palm at first.

"The Eye of Derleth here on my left, and your right? You put it on a weapon, it lets you hurt eldritch things better. The Elder Sign on my other hand, it's a defensive measure. Doesn't stop things from just grabbing you by a leg and sucking your bones out, but it does act as a shield against their more exotic methods of attack. I can assure you all that this is all solid fact. Zee told me herself, shortly before her passing.

Anyways, everyone is required to have the Sign on their person somewhere at all times, for their own safety. Doesn't have to be as messy or permanent as my example here, but it is a requirement for living here. I don't care if you get it tattooed on your back, stitch it into your clothes, carve it into the cover of your favorite holy book, or even draw it on your underpants-"

Magtok shoots a look at Kal, a weary sort of "Yes, I know exactly what sort of thing you're going to do, and fine. Go ahead, you immature little sex-weasel. I've got Magbots, I don't need to check you personally to make sure you have it."

"-just as long as it's there. Everyone understand? Good. Now if that's everything, I'll just be leaving for a little while. The Magbots want me to go look at some notes another scientist sent over, so I'll be doing that for the next hour or so. Pester another clone if you need anything."

Magtok waves a hasty goodbye to his audience, and walks away with a cheery smile. As soon as everyone's out of sight and he's ducked away into his room though, he immediately breaks down into sobs, mourning the days that have passed, fearing those that will come. The friends left behind by the split, the fun rivalries and battles that now just seem pointless, the shaky peace he'd fought for years to achieve, the fiancée he'll never hold ever again...They're all gone, and nothing will ever bring them back.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-15 at 09:56 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

Iriel happened to be looking out the window at K'rax when she shrunk.

All kinds of feelings swirl through her when she sees this. Pity? Confusion? Curiosity? She has no idea why she should be feeling any of this. And there is this nagging... this unshakeable feeling deep inside her...

She gets up and searches the infirmary. For what? She does not know. Someone to talk to will be good for now.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

As Iriel and the others head upstairs, they will have to pass through a long hallway before they arrive in a two-room living area, with no wall between them. On the right hand side of the room is a living room, complete with a TV, an over-stuffed, dingy old couch, a rocking chair by the window, and a coffee table overflowing with medical journals. On the left hand side is a kitchen, which is a standard affair. There's a fridge, a sink, a counter, an old stove and a pantry. No microwave, though. Everything is all very clean.

When Iriel goes downstairs into the infirmary, she has to pass through a closed door, and then a plastic curtain. Once she steps inside, the air is noticeably cooler. The room is white and large, taking up most of the bottom floor, and is very clean and very white. There's a curtained-off area towards the back for private conversations, but for the most part all the beds are out in the open, arranged in rows on both sides of the room. Beckett is standing in a clean, fresh labcoat, standing next to the only occupied bed.
    When Iriel walks in, he glances back at her but says nothing.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

"Just looking around."

When she steps into the infirmary, she will look around. She will then look out any windows that she can see. What is up with her and windows?

She then looks at the patient on the bed. She does not say anything yet, merely examining the poor soul.

Whatever she wants, it's not in here. Well, it is, but no more than it is everywhere else.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

"Good. I'll inform you when we've come to a- wait, what?"

But it's too late. The Magbot is already gone. Saurous stares after it, his expression a mixture of confusion and mild concern. After a few seconds he shrugs it off, figuring that whoever was being put into a cannon probably deserved it. He shifts his attention back to Moon.

He looks down at the figure laying before him, trying to mentally archive everything. First, the positives. Moon was safe, for now. She was stable. Her breathing was calm and unobstructed. She was receiving fluids, and her pain was being properly managed. Her armor was off and carefully organized over to the side, giving her some comfort and space to breathe. Her chest looked quite lovely without all tha- focus. Her greaves were left where they were for the moment, since they weren't exactly in the way. No need to disrobe her further. Her arm was bandaged, disinfected and elevated.

And it was burned to the point where there was a very likely possibility that she would never be able to use it ever again. She...she isn't going to be happy when she hears that.

He looks at the arm for a while, running through all the different options. He could probably get it back to working order with a series of healing pulses and necromantic tissue grafts, but that would take weeks and probably wouldn't get it back to its original strength. The "amputate-and-replace" option had already been shot down for pretty much the same reasons. There was always the option of some sort of prosthetic, but she would surely have some objections to Magtok sticking any sort of device on her. He looks down at his own arm, contemplating a different option that she would probably have just as many objections towards.

Well, no point in sitting here speculating. The necromancer grips his lover's intact hand with his own, and reaches out to wake her with his other. He pauses for a moment, looking at the old wounds on her face. He tenderly traces the scars with an outstretched finger, thinking. Maybe she'd want to stick to that code of warrior honor she followed, and just continue fighting with only one arm?

He shakes his head and chuckles, before putting his hand on her shoulder and giving her a gentle shake to wake her. "Moon?"
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-16 at 01:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407

MagFirmary

It takes Moon Called a few moments to react to Saurous' touch. Her eye flutters open and she murmurs something wordless. She looks up at Saurous for a moment with a glazed and unfocused eye. The edges of her lips pulling up into a smile as she wiggles her left fingers, entwining them around Saurous'. Her right arm twitches upwards an inch as Moon Called tries to lift it to his face. As it moves, her eye snaps into focus and her serene, drowsy expression is almost immediately replaced with a surprised gasp of pain.

Turning her head, Moon Called looks down at the offending limb, frowning at the bandages. "Hurts..." she mummers. The ice elf looks at her fingers, willing them to move, but there is nothing. Looking at her other arm, Moon Called examines the IV needle and follows the tube up to the bag of nutritional liquid it was connected to. She watches the fluids drip out of it for a long time. Drip... Drip... Drip... Drip... For a moment she vaguely wondered if she could feel them dripping their way into her blood, but then dismisses the idea as being overly dramatic.

Finally, Moon Called returns her gaze to Saurous, gazing up at him. Her expression is somewhere between scared and frustrated, her eyebrow slanted upwards, pushing thin and vague lines into her forehead. "I told you not to get so close to me." She says, in a dull and tired voice. "It could have hurt you, and then..."

[hr]

Beckett's Clinic

Unfortunately for Iriel, there are no windows in the infirmary. Just four long, florescent tube-lights that flicker dully.

The patient on the bed is female, wearing a prim pencil-skirt and a red blouse. She's some sort of anthropomorphic animal - a red panda, it looks like. Iriel can't get a look at her face, Beckett is standing in the way.

"Her name was Shi Shi." The medic offers, without waiting for Iriel to say anything. "The Nexus pulled her in at the same time it pulled me in. We met after a month, I guess it was nice to have someone to talk to about how weird everything was. When I set up my clinic I offered her a job as my receptionist. I couldn't pay her as much as she deserved, but it was better than nothing and at least I could give her a place to sleep." He places a hand lightly on hers and then removes it. "When I came inside... She had left a note. It said she couldn't stand all... this." He waves his hand vaguely in the air to encompass Inside and all the eldritch insanity plaguing it. "If I'd just gotten back sooner..."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

A single finger is held before Moon's lips as Saurous utters a simple "Shh" in response to her grievances. "There's no need to dwell on what could have happened," he says calmingly, shifting his hand to caress her cheek. "What is important is the fact that it didn't hurt me. Thanks in no small part to your performance. It was a negligible threat by the time I reached you."

He gives her a rare beaming smile, one that would probably cause any observers to ask if there was something wrong with the natural balance of things. "You were amazing out there, by the way."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

"Oh."

"I... I'm sorry. For whatever it's worth, I'm sorry."

"The sad thing is, she might have had the right idea. These things... the stories say that they do horrible things to the souls they take. She may have gone the right way out. It's sad, but... if things get worse... as things get worse..."

Iriel is visibly shaking.

20. - Top - End - #410

MagFirmary

Moon Called closes her eye at Saurous' touch. She turns her head towards his hand, lifting her own to press it against her cheek. For a moment she simply lays here, trying to focus on the simple and yet greatly comforting feeling of his touch.

Finally, she opens her eye and looks back up at Saurous, just in time to catch his smile. For a moment it makes her feel better. She returns the smile weakly. "I picked up some new moves in Spire." She says. And then a thought occurs to her.

Saurous never smiled. She'd known him for a long time, and she could count on both her hands how many times he'd given her anything more genuine than an amused smirk. The fact that he was smiling now was more worrisome than comforting. Her own smile slips from her lips and she looks up at the necromancer. "You're trying to make me feel better." She states. "Why? What's wrong?"

[hr]

Beckett's Clinic

Beckett glances over at Iriel, and frowns when he sees her shaking. He walks over to her, reaching out take her hands in his own in a comforting gesture. If she pulls away at all or looks uncomfortable he'll back away immediately. "Hey." He says, softly. "Hey. It's alright." The medic gives her his best smile. "We'll be fine. The clinic is warded against unholy creatures and I can defend it in case anything attacks. And who knows how well that robot-kobold and his wolfhound can fight? If anything happens we'll be fine." Beckett doesn't mention that he has no idea if the anti-vampire wards around his clinic will hold up against eldritch monsters. "And besides. We can't be the only survivors. I've got a ham radio around here somewhere, and there might be a TV broadcast. Why don't you go upstairs and check the TV channels for me while I get packed?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

Ah, so it was the Eye Reinholdt had on his rifle and he needed the Elder Sign. Well, he'd take care of that shortly.

"I didn't know you could even get this drunk." Reinholdt tells Ermine. "Come one, let's get you lying down."

Reinholdt will go to help Ermine over to... the comfiest looking part of the floor? It'll have to do until he's had a chance to talk to Magtok. Well he'll at least have some spare blankets in his hammerspace to put down for comfort.

[Weald]

Nadas wonders why the purple monster made the portal and then didn't come through.

Then when he's dumped out at his old campsite just outside the Weald screaming in agony, he thinks he has a general idea behind the reason.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

She does not let him take her hands, but she does lean into him. Beckett's reassuring voice and words seem to be enough, and she stops shaking.

"Packed? Yeah... that's a good idea. Can't stay here forever. I'll see what I can find on the television."

She turns and steps out, taking a lat glance at Shi Shi's body as she steps through the plastic curtain.

Guess not everyone can stand... it. she thinks to herself as she walks up the stairs. A moment later, anther thought runs through her head.

Can I?

As she looks out each window on the second floor, this thought kind of sits in the back of her mind. She sits down on a chair, pondering this. She comes to a solution quickly: she knows that, even if she had to, she could not take her own life. This knowledge is not quite as reassuring as it might seem.

She turns on the television, trying to find a station with some information on the apocalypse and escaping it.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

Saurous's happy façade slowly slides from his face, revealing the pensive and worried expression hidden behind it. Why can't anyone just trust him when he's trying to smile? He's going to have to start doing that more often just to desensitize people toward the unnaturalness of it.

"Well, there's um..." Saurous mumbles nervously, one of his hands retreating to run its fingers through his hair as he tries to think of a way to explain the situation gently. "There are a few...complications...in regards to your...arm."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414

MagFirmary

Complications? What? Moon Called's forehead furrows into lines of confused incomprehension. She tries to figure out what could possibly have gone wrong. Maybe he didn't have the right spell components and they were going to have to wait for a little while as Magtok cloned them? That couldn't be it, she didn't think Saurous really used components in his magic. Maybe Saurous had lost his spell-book... no, that wasn't it, she could see it right there.

"I... I'm not sure what you mean." She says. "Can't you just say a few weird words and wiggle your fingers at it and make it better?" Of course Moon Called didn't think it'd be that simple... but how hard could it be? Saurous brought dead things to life all the time, a heavily-injured thing should be easier.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

25. - Top - End - #415

Beckett's Clinic - Television

Well, there's Channel 13, the MagTV station. Instead of the usual MagClone reporter live on the scene of whatever disaster is going on, there's just a Magbot standing behind a green screen, repeating a message to the people of Inside.

"-vacuate to the MagCave. You'll be asked to verify your identity prior to the cataclysm, so as to decrease the odds of shoggoth saboteurs. Bring a change of clothes or two, any tools or equipment you might have, and every weapon you can carry. Alternatively, for those too far away or too afraid to make the long hike, MagMart will be telewarping refugees directly to the MagCave. I repeat, direct confrontation is not the answer. Citizens are asked to opt against suicide. Your best hope is to evacuate to the MagCave. You'll be asked to verify...

The MagBot just keeps repeating himself, over and over, as text at the bottom of the screen lists a bunch of basic survival tips and instructions on how to get to both the MagCave and MagMart, along with periodic updates on "Forbidden Zones", places that have been so overrun that going anywhere near them is a terrible idea, and almost certainly suicidal.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

"Well, technically, yes," he begins, turning his head to stare sadly at the bandaged lump of charred flesh that was once Moon Called's arm sitting on the other side of the bed. "I could heal it given enough time. It wouldn't be quite as simple as 'wiggling my fingers' at it, though. Burns always make wound management a bit more complicated. Unless you want me to try and regenerate all your skin and muscle over top of the eschar currently occupying their places, I'd have to remove all the dead tissue first."

He pauses, letting that sink in for a moment. That would be a lot of dead tissue to cut off.

"We'd have to do that carefully. Removing too much at one time would probably do more harm than good, and gods know I don't want to hurt you even further. Regeneration would also take a while, since the burns reached the muscle and nerve layers in some places. If it were just a big surface burn, this wouldn't be a problem. Just pull off a few scabs and heal it to make it all better. But muscles and nerves are an absolute pain in the ass to regenerate fully. Even if the whole procedure went off without a hitch, it would be quite some time before your could use your arm again in any meaningful way."

He shifts his gaze back to Moon's face, his dull red eyes meeting hers once again. His expression is one of weary resignation.

"I can still try it, if you want. Our main enemy here is time. With all of those bloody monsters waiting right outside, I don't know when we'll get a period of peace long enough to fix your arm. And I'm not entirely sure how long you're willing to sit around before you're compelled to run outside and jump off of something just for the hell of it," he manages to crack a smirk, despite the circumstances. "There are a couple of other options that we can try that will get you back up on your feet faster, but I feel like you'll have some objections towards them."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417

MagFirmary

As Saurous speaks, Moon Called's expression gradually shifts from confusion to dull fear. Eventually, she just stops listening to Saurous' explanation, her mind drifting into a myriad of scared thoughts.

What if he can't fix it?
    It might have to come off.
    She couldn't lose her arm. She would be useless with just one arm. She couldn't be useless.
    He looks so tired.
    Can't be useless.
    It'd take too long to regenerate.
    Can't be dead weight.
    I'm scared.
    Can't fight with one arm. Can't do anything with one arm.

The ice elf shakes her head sharply, pulling her focus to the here and now. She looks up at Saurous, doing her best to look calm and not doing well at it.
    "Alright." She says. "What are our other options?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

The necromancer stares at her for a few seconds, trying to think of which idea he should mention first. He quickly decides that they're both equally objectionable, so it doesn't really matter which one he goes with. Might as well get Magtok out of the way first.

"Well, considering whose company we're currently in," he explains, carefully placing a hand on Moon's shoulder and giving her a nervous smile. "We could always get you some kind of robotic prosthetic?"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Streets]

"Well, Chronos last Century! Tha' didn't end as planned"

Rahona jumps down and sits on the window still, looking around for K'rax.

[Lucy's Mind]

The Nurse creature is barely stunned by the arm, which seems to fade away very quickly, but draw back as the window is crushed by the wardrobe.

"Quick!"

Little Lucy tries to grab Vicky and pull her toward the blackness in the window, but her pull is very weak.

[Off to R'lyeh!]

Lewis looks fascinated at the Alarm Clock, almost as if he's never seen one before.

"Psychedelic, chap. The clock looks almost like it's trying to imitate you!"

Considering Hello Kitty wouldn't reach Lewis' flying grounds for several years, he logically assumes the Alarm Clock is a shape-changing bedroom utensil.

"Should I poke it?"

[Beckett's Clinic]

Nach'tt looks inside the room when the television is turned on, but lets out a tiny puff of sadness from a vent when it becomes apparent that it is in Common.

Mitta simply looks in and seems very disappointed at not being petted any more. But happy that there is flashing lights.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

30. - Top - End - #420

MagFirmary

"Actually, that's not a bad idea."

Moon Called doesn't seem at all upset by the idea. There is a short pause of consideration, which goes as following. "Useful robot arm > useless no arm." She gives Saurous a slightly amused look - his concern was adorable. "I mean, it won't be as good as a real arm, but it'd be better than no arm and that's... what we're looking at, isn't it? And it'd be faster than waiting for you to heal it."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal