New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Lucy's mind]

Kid Lucy is probably also much slower than Victoria, so Victoria decides to try to pick her up and jump out the window while holding her. "Which way do we go?" She asks, and, if all of this is successful, she will proceed to run as fast as she can in whichever direction Lucy indicates, about twice as fast as an Olympic sprinter.

[R'lyeh]

Trilby nods at Lewis! He totally thinks that Lewis should poke the thingy!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

MagCave

Natalie, a ten year old with long black hair and vivid green eyes walks up to a Magtok. At the moment she's wearing a denim dress and shoes that are slightly too large, plus a red rucksack full of food. "Hello Sir. I have food taken from GLoG; where should I store it? Also, I want to help, is ther anyway I can do that?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

Saurous stands there for a few moments, blinking confusedly. He really hadn't really anticipated her agreeing that quickly. He was expecting some kind of insult towards Magtok's abilities as a roboticist at the very least. Huh. Oh well.

"Um. Okay, then," he says, giving her an awkward pat on the shoulder before backing away slightly. "I was already compiling a list of assurances, but I guess I don't really need to use them now. I'll go talk to Magtok about that in a bit."

He strokes his chin in thought, a whole new mess of ideas flowing through his mind now that he doesn't have to focus on getting Moon's consent.

"And hey, if I can keep your arm preserved after we replace it with the prosthetic, I could probably get it back into working order far quicker than I could with it still attached."
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

4. - Top - End - #424

Magfirmary

"Well, I'll tell you what. Why don't you hold on to those assurances for another few hours so I can hear them when I'm not groggy on painkillers." Moon Called gives Saurous a slightly forced smirk.

At the mention of preservation, the Ice elf wrinkles her forehead. "Um... I'm glad you're being inventive, sweetie, but I'm not sure if I'm entirely comfortable with the idea of my arm floating in some jar."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

5. - Top - End - #425

[Inside]

Well since it seems noone is at Watch Andy will leave the man there and just go fly around searching for anyone, especially someone he knows.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

After watching long enough to see all the bottom-of-screen information, she gets up to find Beckett. This was an important bit of information, and he should know as soon as possible.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

"Well, I understand that. I'm just saying that if you ever wanted to go back to a regular, organic arm, this would probably be better than cloning one. And I could do all kinds of enhancements and whatnot on it. I could make it stronger, capable of hitting incorporeal targets, burn resistant, better than anything that Magtok could do with-" The necromancer stops himself, realizing just how psychotic his desire to cut his girlfriend's arm off and perform experiments on it sounds. He starts backing towards the doorway, chuckling awkwardly. "...I'll just go find Magtok and ask about the...thing. Arm. Yes."
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-17 at 01:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    MagCave

Natalie, a ten year old with long black hair and vivid green eyes walks up to a Magtok. At the moment she's wearing a denim dress and shoes that are slightly too large, plus a red rucksack full of food. "Hello Sir. I have food taken from GLoG; where should I store it? Also, I want to help, is there anyway I can do that?"
    Magtok blinks at the girl, looks around for parents she might've arrived with, and then squirms a tad uncomfortably at what's before him. He knew there'd be just about every sort of person showing up here, but even so, he hadn't exactly expected orphans for some reason. Surely someone else could watch over her, right? I mean, there's no reason why Mag should have to even consider doing that sort of job, given how many people are here now, but if nobody else volunteers and he can't find an excuse beyond the fact that the last little girl he raised tried to destroy the multiverse, he might very well get stuck with it.

"Oh, umm...well, there's a pantry down the hall, I can have some Magbots take it down for you. As for what you can personally do...well, why don't you tell me what sort of things you're interested in?"

Magtok fidgets in place a little. She very well might be a super-powered genius superchild and the last hope for Nexus-kind, or she might just get stuck turning ripped up MagRobes into proper apocalypse survival outfits for the other refugees.

Somewhere Outside the MagFirmary

Hey look, a MagClone! He's totally not doing anything at all right now. Nope, definitely not wiping tears from his face with a napkin while reflecting on how utterly pointless and empty and horrible his entire existence has been! Nothing of the sort!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-17 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

MagCave

"OK. Thank you. And I can draw quite well, just not people or faces, I know a bit of cooking, and I'm an activated latent shapeshifter with one alternate form, a black spider monkey. I can sew, my handwriting is good, my mathematical skills are rather good apart from division which is horrendous and I can recite eight digits of pi excluding the three at the start." So several miscellanious useful skills, the best skill she has probably won't be much use underground and one minor skill that is absolutely useless in every profession apart from mathematicians.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    MagCave

"Please follow me,"
    says a floating disco ball, who will lead Saurous and MoonCalled to the MagFirmary. Mainframe really should change his outfit. The party look is so not appropriate any longer.

"What type of spells can you cast? Combat? Buffs? Healing? I need specifics." Missy says to Harin.
    Missy waits for Harin to answer, while checking to see if anyone else volunteered while her player was away.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

((Erm... I said Combat and Summoning already. He can do some other stuff, but those are the main ones. I guess you missed it?))

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

((I did. Sorry. Can you link it for me?))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

((That's fine. I've done it a few times myself. ))

Link!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[R'lyeh]

"Excellent answer!"

Lewis pokes the Alarm Clock. Though his Pixie side, being the only side of him, thinks this is too boring and tries to make it look pink as well.

[Lucy's Mind]

Vicky is successful and jumps out the window with Little Lucy, landing barely on the narrow wooden edge outside it. Beneath them and as far as she will see, there is only a pitch-black darkness and a shrieking sound.

"That way, one of Lucy is that way!"

Little Lucy points at a window far left on the edge, several other windows and an odd door filling the wall between the two and it.

Vicky can run toward it, but something seems to be in their way. Something huge and vaguely humanoid.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Beckett's Clinic

After watching long enough to see all the bottom-of-screen information, she gets up to find Beckett. This was an important bit of information, and he should know as soon as possible.
    Iriel runs into Beckett just as he's leaving the infirmary. His bag is looking... unusually full. As if he'd crammed everything he could into it.
    "That was fast." He says as he sees the girl. "Did you find anything?" He asks, adjusting the strap of his shoulderbag and heading towards the stairs.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

"Yeah. There is a robot going on about evacuating to some place called the MagCave. That's kind of far away, but it also says that we can just run to the MagMart." She will guide Beckett to the tv, where the message will be looping. "The MagMart isn't too far from here, we should be able to make it as long as we avoid the forbidden zones that lower bar is talking about."

As she explains this, she will check the out the windows again. What's with that girl and the windows?

17. - Top - End - #437

Beckett's Clinic

The medic follows Iriel up the stairs, and watches the TV when she leads him to it. For a few moments he's quiet while he listens to the broadcast, and when it loops a second time he's quiet as he falls into thought.
    "MagMart, huh?" He says, and nods. "Alright. Yeah, we should be able to make it there after a few hours." Glancing out the window, Beckett tilts his head in thought. "Okay. We'll stay here for the night and head out first thing in the morning." He glances at Iriel and smiles at her. "I could use some help getting packed."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beckett's Clinic

"Oh. Okay."

She will help pack anything she is told to, with minimal questions asked. If pushed, her physical capabilities become clear: human average or slightly below it. The only thing that's odd about her physique is that her hair is sand blue, and that's not all that weird.

Her psyche, however, really seems to be nervous and paranoid. She will look out a window whenever she passes one; hoping that nothing is making it's way towards the clinic.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagCave

Saurous quickly locates the MagClone, and attempts to start his heartfelt appeal for help as he approaches him from behind.

"Hey, Magtok. I need to ask you for a fa..." he begins, before noticing the cyborg dabbing his face. He tilts his head quizzically to one side while raising an eyebrow. The necromancer considers dropping his request so that he could pester Magtok about his emotional vulnerability, but decides that the matter at hand is too important. He'll just ask about the tears and then move on.

"...what're you crying about, Magtok?" he asks, perhaps with a little too much harsh emphasis. Old habits die hard.
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-18 at 04:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440

MagFirmary

Once Saurous is gone, Moon Called leans back in her bed. The pillow presses up around her ears, which are bent at a ninety-degree angle so as not to jab into the pillow. She exhales, softly and slowly, as she stares up at the ceiling. The white tile is stark for a while before slowly swimming into a vague whiteness as Moon Called lets her vision go out of focus.

She was tired. Her arm hurt. Thanks to the painkillers it wasn't much more than a dull ache, and even then, only in a few places around the core. But... that was the worst part, wasn't it? Not the pain, but only being able to feel it in the places that weren't damaged beyond salvation. The pain itself was fine. Pain was good, it was what told Moon Called that she was still alive. But this pain... it was different. It was a reminder of her failure.

Closing her eyes, Moon Called let her thoughts drift back to the fight with the shoggoth. The battle replays in her mind as Moon Called watches from a third-person view in the sky. Each attack and counter-attack is analyzed - picked apart and put back together to see what she could have done better and what she did wrong.

Using a blade had been a mistake - a blunt weapon would have served her better. A mace or a warhammer. She had been too eager to jump into combat, to excited to pit her skills against a new foe. Her haste had cost her. And then... the ward. Something went wrong with the ward on her armour. It shouldn't have backfired on her like that. It was only supposed to super-heat on the outside, while keeping Moon Called and her armour cool. She was going to have to get Saurous to inspect it with her later, figure out what part of the magic mumbo-jumbo of it went wrong. Maybe once she got her new arm.

Yawning, Moon Called's eye slowly droops closed. The painkillers were making her drowsy.
    With one last, deep breath, Moon Called closes her eye and falls asleep.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

21. - Top - End - #441

[R'lyeh]

Trilby watches and waits! This is either going to be fun or boring!

[Lucy's Mind]

Vicky looks around for a place that might that might be good for hiding the little Lucy. "Lucy, will you be okay on your own for a while? If we're gonna get to the other part of you, I think I'll need to get rid of that big thing." She's making her way toward the creature slowly as she searches, too. The closer she can hide Lucy, the faster she can retrieve her.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave - Outside]

Rael's convoy arrives at the entrance to the MagCave.

23. - Top - End - #443

MagCave - Saurous

Magtok dabs his eyes one last time before dropping the napkin and abruptly pointing a handgun at Saur that had apparently either teleported into place there or was hiding behind the napkin the whole time. Jegus, I have no idea how the hell he managed to do that.

"**** off, elf. Everyone I knew was in that city. Every plan I was going to make, all the schemes and plots and robberies and jokes and shenanigans, they were all meant for Inside. I was going to build a casino! Save the world! Kidnap the head of state! Get married, maybe even burn a church down, just for the hell of it! But now, the fever dreams of some racist Rhode Island **** have crushed all of it. Now all I'm left with is the dregs, the very bottom of the barrel, the people least qualified to do anything. We're all going to die because the gods and heroes are already dissolving in Cthulhu's stomach, and instead of any of them, all I've got is a girl who can recite pi to eleven digits, some elves, a devil, an android, a bunch of NPCs, two genius girls who are already dead inside, and myselves.

The world is dead, Saur. I'm just paying my respects while I still can."

MagCave - Natalie

Magtok bites his lip, wondering just how to go about explaining to a little girl that she's absolutely useless to him.

"Umm...so what do you know how to cook, then?"
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #444

Magcave

"And you have me, Magtok. That's at least one more person than you thought you had."

Seems like Gordon managed to slip through the cracks(Or his player remember finally to post for him here).

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Magcave

"And my axe!"
    Says the dwarf.

Don't ask questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave - Main Room(?)]

A human head made of shadows floats through the door.
    Once it reaches where all the people are assembled, it will say "Excuse me, but we'd appreciate it if you could open the doors? The broadcast said to come here."

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagCave

Saurous raises both hands when he sees that Magtok has a pistol, indicating his peaceful intentions. He listens to the cyborg's rant in silence, following by nodding solemnly when he concludes.

"I apologize, Magtok," he says, the phrase sounding utterly alien coming from him. "I did not mean to offend you. It may not sound like much coming from me, considering my track record for respecting the dead, but the world is truly lessened by the passing of each and every person that has died this day. But you can't lose hope. Although it looks bleak, the world will not be truly dead until the last of us draws breath."

He takes a step toward his rival, holding his hands out in a placating motion.

"But we're not going to get very far if we start pointing guns at each other. Please. I didn't come to antagonize you. I just came to ask you something."
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448

MagCave - Saurous

Magtok presses a hand against his head, rubbing his temples as he lowers the gun and points it nonthreatening down at the floor.

"I know. I know, I'm just...I'm just not coping well. So what was it, then?"

Yeah, sure. Not coping well. Definitely not crazy, right? Of course not. Maggy is absolutely not crazy, and his sickness is totally not being made worse by all this apocalypse anxiety.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #449
    Orc in the Playground

MagCave- Natalie

Natalie only knows eight digits of pi, not eleven.

"Spagetti Bolognese, apple pies and I know how to use a microwave." I would have thought the bit about drawing or sewing would have been useful, or at least provide her with something to make her feel useful.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagCave

The necromancer stands there for a good long while, staring down at the spot on the floor at which Magtok now aims his handgun. He had thought that asking Magtok for help would be a trivial matter when he suggested it, but now that he's actually standing in front of the cyborg he's having difficulty bringing himself to actually doing it. He isn't utterly repulsed by assistance like Moon, but this was Magtok he was talking to. Getting help from him just felt...like a loss. He was admitting that Magtok could do something that he could not. While he is willing to admit that Magtok has a particular skill set that covers a few particular situations that his own magic can't, Saur isn't exactly thrilled about having to tell Magtok that he is ill-prepared to actually heal his Moon Called.

Eventually, he takes a long, deep breath and manages to swallow his pride for the time being.

"Moon's arm is too badly damaged to be properly treated under these conditions," he says, raising his gaze to meet Magtok's mismatched eyes. His morose expression informs Magtok of the torment that the necromancer's own words bring him. "I need your help."
    Spoiler
    Show