New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

MagCave
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Mainframe! I need you to contact Zee, Vasquez, Sunny, DC, Reinholdt, Grace, and Raril immediately, and bring them here. Limit two guests per contact, and five minutes to pack the essentials. If they don't comply, take them by force. We need the best and brightest of the Nexus under one roof if we're going to survive this. Oh, and Rot too. Mostly for experimentation and as part of our defense force. Vampiric immortality and whatnot."

Mag's scowls, watching a MagSat feed displaying the chaos and terror down in Inside. His only regret is that he hadn't put more time towards planning for a disaster like this, that all those previous apocalypses had given him an undeserved arrogance and faith in the Nexus's ability to weather any storm. Maybe it's too late now, maybe it isn't. Only time will tell.
    "The Remnant base has vanished. I am unable to contact Commander Vasquez or Aurora Evans. Reinholdt is currently in our custody. DC and Zee have been located by MagSat. Sending drones now. Continuing the search for Grace, Raril, and Rot."

Over Inside
    A MainframeDrone teleports near DC (Unless he's cloaked, in which case Mainframe will still be searching for him.) "Your presence is requested at the MagCave for the purposes of survival. You may bring two guests, and you have five minutes to pack."

Foot of K'rax
    A MainframeDrone teleports to the Zee puppet and says the same thing, presumably to no response. If Raril is there (unsure if Art is participating in this thread) then Raril gets the message too.

Above K'rax
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Above K'Rax

"Don't bother trying to contact them. They're gone."
    Edijar says as he checks his own locators. "We've been shunted to an alternate reality. We've done our job. They're safe." He tells her, mostly reassuring himself that somewhere, somewhen, Charity and the others were alive and well.

Seeing everything around him, he was glad that they weren't here.

Before the obvious question about how he knows this pops up, he answers it. He says as he checks his armaments and armor before nodding. "But this is still Inside, and we have a job to do."

'John' won't be able to sense either of them. They're invisible by technology, speaking through secure communication systems in their helmets, and both immune to all magic. Edijar from his "natural" ability, and Missy through the layers upon layers of anti-magic wards, runes, and rituals placed on her gear.
    Another reality, where the city is safe? Missy wants to believe it, but suspects it's just something his mind has come up with to put off grieving for now. And why not? This was no time to grieve, and if believing his girlfriend and everyone else he cared about was safe helped him, Missy wasn't going to be the one to say otherwise.

"Orders?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-08-10 at 05:00 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Toward the Mountain]

As Rae approaches Cthulhu, he begins to glow steadily, an intense pale blue. As he reaches Cthulhu, and begins flying up, the glow moves to one spot in his body, his left hand, currently balled into a fist. Once he reaches the level of Cthulhu's head, he begins to shout, his ring translating it into the language of the old ones. <"Yo, Squidface, turn around, I got something to show ya!">Thanks for that, Em, before you said your I Do's, he had no idea his ring could do that. He swings his arm, hoping to time it just right so that Cthulhu gets a face full of Exploding Blue Steamboat, moving as fast as a thrown punch, which happens to be just about the same as a steamboat's normal top speed. If it hits, it will explode with the force of ten thousand tons of TNT, just under that of a hydrogen bomb. If it hits, Rae's gonna immediately drop out of the sky and fall to the ground, entirely at the mercy of the cultists.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

3. - Top - End - #33

[Streets near the slums]

That's bad people cry for help. Andy can't denie to do something. After all LANTERN was made to help the people. He wil fly to the next stuck person and using his Ring he will remove the rubble. after that he will have a look over the person.

"Are you all right? Any wounds?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Beach

As Eadin turns back towards the city, she stands a fair chance of running headlong into Ace. The magician is understandably distracted at the moment, watching in horror as R'lyeh rose up from the water.
    This was his fault.

It is a meow from Basta that alerts Ace to Eadin's presence before she gets too close. He pulls his gaze away from the abominations gallivanting above him and waves at the girl, trying to draw her attention over to him.
    Hopefully being in a group meant a greater chance of surviving this mess.
    [Beach]
    Run run run run...
    Hydriads weren't made for long runs, so this doesn't go as smoothly as Eadin had hoped. Stupid feet.

Suddenly, a meow. She notices the cat and the person waving to her.
    "Groups, right." She says to herself as she runs over. Can't survive alone.

She halts as she sees R'lyeh, staring in horror.
    "/What/ is that?"She asks the person that waved her over.
    "I'm Eadin, by the way."
    Last edited by Eadin; 2011-08-10 at 05:04 AM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

5. - Top - End - #35

Skies Above K'rax
    Dang Mortals, not listening to wise advice of Immortals!
    He decided not to try again, Missy wouldn't be Guided nor Empowered by him, he would find another.
    He floated down to the beach where Ace and Eadin were. He wondered who he should Guide and Empower?
    Hm.......
    He decided to Guide Eadin and Empower Ace.
    Alright, time for a bit if magic.
    He moved his mouth close to Eadin's ear(since he was on the Psyoplane, at most she would feel was a tickle) and whispered into her ear, giving her a thought in her head unless she had something to block interference from the Pysoplane.
    "You should start moving, those things can come at any moment."
    'John' decided that the Empowering of Ace could wait until he was in a fight.
    Everything in this is attempted, of course.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-08-10 at 08:48 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rapidly Approaching Cthulhu]

(And to think I was worried about any residual effects from crashing in the harbor when it was averted!)

Anyone in this area will see what appears to be a very, very, bright star, rapidly increasing in size and brightness. Of course, they also probably have bigger things to worry about, what with the Elder Gods and all. As it gets larger, it resolves into a roughly capsule shaped object, moving very quickly. Normally, it would be coming in at the docks. Normally. However, this is clearly anything but normal, and so it doesn't. Instead, it's aimed straight for what looks like a living mountain.

If nothing gets in the way, it should get there right about the time that Rae, if he hits, punches Cthulhu.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 09:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Streets

Beckett leads Iriel through the streets, cutting through alleys and taking as many shortcuts as possible. He's constantly on the look-out, listening and watching for any sign of trouble.
    So when he spots the Farbeast, Beckett isn't surprised. He pauses at the edge of the street connecting to the one with the farbeast, glancing over his shoulder and motioning for Iriel to stop. He creeps out to the edge of the road, silently looking for alternate routes. He tries not to look at the farbeast directly, and when he does only in passing glances.

Eventually, Beckett glances back at Iriel and shakes his head. Pointing over her shoulder, he indicates another road that runs parallel to the one they're on, before connecting with the one they need to cross a few blocks down.
    Streets

Iriel follows Beckett and his instructions. She is only too happy to leave the horrid beast behind. She finds herself glancing around as she follows Beckett, always expecting some horror from the stars to be following them or waiting to strike from ambush.

Hopefully, the pig beast is too engrossed in his meal to care if the two of them run away...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[GloG]

High above, where he is but a tiny light, Lewis sees Rae and Crae running about. Descending when Crae and his companion exits the Denim Cabin to wave at him.

"Oi! Mister Ray-person! Have you seen Trilby around? He shouldn't be swinging about alone when it's Doom outside and I got the grooviest plan hat he will be excellent to help me with!"

Optimistic as ever, the Pixie flutters around in anticipation.

[Streets]

Beckett and Iriel may notice a small creature, only a few feet tall, and a large Wolfhound milling about and looking curiously at the chaos. Perhaps it can help them! It's certainly not Eldricth.

Meanwhile, Rahona the time-travelling bird-girl and adventurer has stumbled across someone trapped under a fallen building.

"Y'all need sum help? I's no good being wand'ring alone in an alternate timeline."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #39

[GLoG]

Crae looks up at the pixie, and Delilah barks at him. And then he raises an eyebrow. "He's, uhh... He's right there, you silly person." Crae points just above Lewis's head, and indeed, Trilby is there, taking a nap on Lewis's head!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

10. - Top - End - #40

High-Rise

Wolfy shakes his head as he watches the Doomed Timeline begin to swirl into Entropy. As much as he hated to see places like this End, it was the only time he could work off his aggression without worrying about consequences.

All the power in the area causes his ears to flick slightly before he settles on a target.

D may sense the presence of a furious God headed his way as Wolfy heads towards AMEN.
    And there goes off Amens Volcano. Spewing out "bombs", black colored lava and now the whole mountain is shaking.

Crack

Crack

Crack

Boom Boom

And now the Volcano is standing up.
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2011-08-10 at 11:24 AM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[MagCave - Outside]

Psi arrives, but doesn't try to enter, stopping right outside. "Arrival at 'MagCave' confirmed. Now scanning area for signs of Human activity.

Scanning.
    Scanning.
    Scanning."

The girl is making no attempt at hiding, so any surveilance equipment should detect her immediately.

12. - Top - End - #42

[At the Mountain of Madness]

The Old Ones don't have a language, actually. No translation is possible for something that doesn't exist. They communicate in an altogether different fashion that usually causes rampant insanity if directed at a mortal.

Rae attempts to punch out Cthulhu!

The blue energy construct explodes. But instead of killing everyone within a pretty decent distance the explosion instead implodes upon itself, the energy crunching down until it's compressed into several grams of inert helium.

That actually required some minute percentage of a percentage of Ol' Squidbeard's power to accomplish, and so for the time being Rae has drawn the attention of the Old One. Attention in this case is somewhere between amusement and irritation. Sort of like a gnat buzzing around your banana while you're trying to eat it.

The end result is about the same, too. Without so much of a gesture the helpless Rae is flayed apart atom by atom and his soul scattered by a dark, sourceless wind. Seems Rebo wasn't kidding about PCs attacking Old Ones dieing horribly.

The falling capsule hits Cthulhu. The mountain of a monster doesn't even notice.

[Fleeing Hatless Kitty in the Streets!]

The sombrero works! The thing under the sombrero probably isn't terribly pleased about this turn of events. Partly because it didn't get to devour the catboy and partly because it has to figure out how to get out of this stupid pocket dimension.

Rein goes screaming through the streets. Beckette will probably hear him from some distance away getting closer.

And so does the pigsquid.

The thing glances up right as he and his new friend are sneaking past. A rather sanity rattling hiss is sent their way, mouth tentacles blooming out to revealing a rather large sea-urchin-like mouth within. Large enough that it shouldn't be able to physically fit inside the thing's head.

Wuh oh!

Meanwhile!

The bird girl finds some poor guy trapped under rubble! "Oh thank the gods, I thought I was a goner for sure," the man sighs with relief. "Try to get this junk off my leg if you can. I think I might be able to use something for a crutch, I shouldn't slow you down too much."

And then a Lantern guy removes the stuff. Yay! That sure is helpful.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Skies Above

Edijar activates a couple different types of grids on his HUD map and gives a bit of a nod. "Teleportation grid is online still, if somewhat weakened, and there's a couple of old supply caches still here. But for now, we need to regroup with survivors. And there's only one place they'll go now that Remnant is gone."

He activates the grid, and with a few commands, the two should flash away, and reappear in front of the MagCave, where Edijar drops his cloaking field to be seen.

AMEN

Wolfy looks up from his stroll to see the volcano moving, and the lavabombs falling. One by one the lavabombs should find themselves winking out of existence as he uses a tiny fraction of his power to destroy them. He pauses to pick up an issue of the trashy Nexusmopolitan("20 ways to Curtain better than ever!!"), and rolls it up.

"Alright, D, you've been a bad bad Elder Thing, and need to be punished..."
    he says with a growl before suddenly teleporting to the base of the volcano and swatting at whatever it's using to standup with the magazine("Tired of all the vampiresses looking thinner than you? Here's 12 eating tips that can even the odds!!!").

If it hits, the entire AMEN complex will find itself hit with enough force to throw the place a quarter mile backwards.

14. - Top - End - #44

(I'll post more but I need one thing really clear, Wolfy is a god or just god like power?)

The lava bombs go but well, being anywhere near an Elder Evil is never a good idea.

Noooottt ourrrrssss
    an goddying how foolish
    you shouldn't have come here
    this world no longer belongs to the gods
    the event of the ceasing of divine ownership has occurred

Amen base goes moves back. Black ropes shot out of it heading to Wolfy.

Hhahhahahahahhahaabhhehhehehbhbhbhbhahhaha hihihihihihihih leleleelelelele
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2011-08-10 at 01:43 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

(No, he really is a God. S+ power level. It's why I never got him into a fight before. >.>)

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    MagCave

"The Remnant base has vanished. I am unable to contact Commander Vasquez or Aurora Evans. Reinholdt is currently in our custody. DC and Zee have been located by MagSat. Sending drones now. Continuing the search for Grace, Raril, and Rot."
    Magtok nods solemnly, reflecting on his long and successful partnership with Mainframe. Those days were fun, but deep down, he always knew something or other would bring them to an end. Mainframe was GLoG security, first and foremost, and if it had even the slightest inkling of what Maggy already knew was destined to happen to those helpless do-gooders, it'd go berserk. Its AI just isn't designed for a post-GLoG world, and it'd ruin everything in a futile attempt to save the League, if allowed to act.

After gathering everyone up, he'd have to shut her down.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    The MagCave

Devi is in her lab! Cowering under a table! And possibly whimpering.

Rot being contacted is handwaved, and he shows up here! Looking rather bored, actually. He didn't notice the apocalypse on the trip over, apparently.

"Hey Maggy. What's up?"
    Magtok just scowls, gesturing behind the vampire towards the city of Inside far off in the horizon.

"That. That's up. The end of the world. Now, you can either risk having the tentacled oozing masses find your coffin and end you alongside everyone else, or you can bring it to the cave and take shelter in here with me, doing as I say and acting under my law. I don't care either way, but I should let you know that I've enough holy junk shoved in the armory to make you regret any sort of double-crossing"

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    MagCave

Reinholdt, last I checked, in comparison with the timing, was just about to be tortured by Michalson. Since his player mentioned not participating in this plot, I'll just assume Michalson disappears suddenly due to timey-wimey stuff.
    Of course, that leaves one shaved cat alone in a torture chamber.
    "Ummm.... hello?"
    Another Magtok teleports in with a sigh, and immediately steps forward to cut right through the kitten's binds with his finger-knife.

"It's happened, Rein. The End of Days. You don't like me and I don't like you, but I'm recruiting you anyway. We're going to stay here alongside anyone else of sufficient competence that I can pluck from the carnage outside, and we're going to try to just survive. Maybe develop a portal to escape to another dimension, maybe just scream at each other until the food supply runs out, or maybe even create a weapon powerful enough to worry Yog Sothoth itself, it doesn't matter. So whatever this was about, this breaking into the MagCave thing? It's done. We're forgetting about it right now and focusing on the important stuff. If you've any objections, feel free to voice them now."

MagCave

As Magtok observes the satellite, an ice elf saunters over to him. In the ten minutes since the party was disbanded and everyone left, she's already changed into her full suit of plate-mail, a full-faced helmet tucked under her arm. Strapped to her back via a complex harness is a massive greatsword, easily as long as she is tall. It's hard to saunter anywhere in plate mail, but Moon Called seems to have turned it into an artform.

"Just like old times, eh Maggot?" She observes with a smirk. "Well actually it's nothing at all like old times, but maybe if we give Cuthulhu a giant Napoleon hat we can pretend it is."
    Magtok rolls his eyes at Moon.

"Pfft. With everything Old AMEN had at its disposal, we still only just barely managed to stop France. If you think I'm going to war, or fudge, even going back outside ever again, you're crazy. And put that helmet on, your face is going to scare off all the refugees."

Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    Outside the MagCave

The elf drops down from his little perch and heads back into the MagCave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [MagCave - Outside]

Psi arrives, but doesn't try to enter, stopping right outside. "Arrival at 'MagCave' confirmed. Now scanning area for signs of Human activity.

Scanning.
    Scanning.
    Scanning."

The girl is making no attempt at hiding, so any surveilance equipment should detect her immediately.
    Outside the MagCave, Both of 'em

Hey look, it's Squiddly, the giant floating monstrous squid MagBot! =D

"Welcome to the End of Days, mortals. State your name, your skills, species, and motive for coming here. I have been authorized to deny any and all shoggoths entry, as well as any individuals that cannot, as my my lord put it, 'pull their weight'. Disqualified entrants will be shot if any display of resistance is shown."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-10 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

MagCave

Skies Above

Edijar activates a couple different types of grids on his HUD map and gives a bit of a nod. "Teleportation grid is online still, if somewhat weakened, and there's a couple of old supply caches still here. But for now, we need to regroup with survivors. And there's only one place they'll go now that Remnant is gone."

He activates the grid, and with a few commands, the two should flash away, and reappear in front of the MagCave, where Edijar drops his cloaking field to be seen.
    Missy looks at where they are. "You have GOT to be kidding."

But she drops her cloaking field anyway. Orders were orders.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    MagCave

Over Inside
    A MainframeDrone teleports near DC (Unless he's cloaked, in which case Mainframe will still be searching for him.) "Your presence is requested at the MagCave for the purposes of survival. You may bring two guests, and you have five minutes to pack."

Foot of K'rax
    A MainframeDrone teleports to the Zee puppet and says the same thing, presumably to no response. If Raril is there (unsure if Art is participating in this thread) then Raril gets the message too.
    [Park]

Raril groans and pulls himself up off the ground. It was a painful thing, after having been thrown to the ground like he had been, but the drow manages it. He stares at the drone as it relays its message. Pack? Raril carried most everything he needed with him (magic bags were a godsend), but guests?

"Zee..." He mumbled, but would that even be possible? And what about his children? Raven and Divaonar shouldn't be far off. But what about the other chimera? What of Ilpholin and Nadas? Only two? How could he make this sort of choice?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Fleeing Hatless Kitty in the Streets!]
    Rein goes screaming through the streets. Beckette will probably hear him from some distance away getting closer.

The thing glances up right as he and his new friend are sneaking past. A rather sanity rattling hiss is sent their way, mouth tentacles blooming out to revealing a rather large sea-urchin-like mouth within. Large enough that it shouldn't be able to physically fit inside the thing's head.

Wuh oh!
    Streets

Iriel is not happy about this. she is not happy about this at all. She is downright terrified. "Oh no! Run! Run! It saw us! It saw us! How does it even see?"

Sorry, Iriel, but you can't lampshade this and make it go away. Also, good luck hiding from it. It probably hunts by scent, and you have a distinctive energy aura that will let it track you through walls.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[GloG]

Lewis looks up at the cat with amazement.

"Spectacular! What a groove for hiding and quietness!"

A talent which the Pixie evidently does not share.

[Inside]

Rahona will remove the fallen building, the exact method hard to determine as it seems it disappears for a short moment while she move the NPC away, if it still traps the poor guy or look around for a clutch if not.

"I dun worry about being slowed down, hun. Time is plentiful"

She grins at him and shows off the fangs that could get her in much trouble amongst the undead-hating groups.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    (I'll post more but I need one thing really clear, Wolfy is a god or just god like power?)

The lava bombs go but well, being anywhere near an Elder Evil is never a good idea.

Noooottt ourrrrssss
    an goddying how foolish
    you shouldn't have come here
    this world no longer belongs to the gods
    the event of the ceasing of divine ownership has occurred

Amen base goes moves back. Black ropes shot out of it heading to Wolfy.

Hhahhahahahahhahaabhhehhehehbhbhbhbhahhaha hihihihihihihih leleleelelelele
    AMEN

Wolfy seems to twist from side to side, somehow avoiding the tendrils with an ease and grace that shouldn't be possible, as if he knew exactly where they were going to move. "You know, something comes to mind..."

He slips through a tiny crack between two tendrils before looking up at the thing with a smirk, now wearing a set of shiny bronze parachute pants, a big gold necklace, and a black vest.

"U can't touch this."

22. - Top - End - #52

Cheesee is calls to me, what that cheese

it wants us to burn him
    burning people it says what we are all thinking

FIRE!!! Purple, green, flaming organs, and still more fire. Looks like D set itself on fire but it isn't being burned. And not one not 20 not 300 more like a million black flaming ropes come forth.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Beach
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Beach]
    Run run run run...
    Hydriads weren't made for long runs, so this doesn't go as smoothly as Eadin had hoped. Stupid feet.

Suddenly, a meow. She notices the cat and the person waving to her.
    "Groups, right." She says to herself as she runs over. Can't survive alone.

She halts as she sees R'lyeh, staring in horror.
    "/What/ is that?"She asks the person that waved her over.
    "I'm Eadin, by the way."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Skies Above K'rax
    He decided not to try again, Missy wouldn't be Guided nor Empowered by him, he would find another.
    He floated down to the beach where Ace and Eadin were. He wondered who he should Guide and Empower?
    Hm.......
    He moved his mouth close to Eadin's ear(since he was on the Psyoplane, at most she would feel was a tickle) and whispered into her ear, giving her a thought in her head unless she had something to block interference from the Pysoplane.

John is more then welcome to try Guiding and Empowering Ace. Any edge in a knife fight, yes?
    Although this is less a knife fight and more of a greatsword fight that we brought an especially sharp piece of paper to.

As Eadin approaches Ace, the magician nods at her in greeting. Normally he would grin and show her some elaborate card trick, but that seems to have slipped his mind.
    "It's been a long time since I studied Eldritch lore." Ace says, uncharacteristically grim. "However, I know what that is. The sunken city of R'lyeh, home to Cthulhu the Dreamer, who you can currently see stomping around on the horizon making a throne out of the mountain side. Now that he's awake, he's woken up all the Elder Gods that haven't been sealed." The brown haired young man looks up at Eadin. "If you have any way to leave the Nexus, do so now."
    Streets
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Streets

Iriel follows Beckett and his instructions. She is only too happy to leave the horrid beast behind. She finds herself glancing around as she follows Beckett, always expecting some horror from the stars to be following them or waiting to strike from ambush.

Hopefully, the pig beast is too engrossed in his meal to care if the two of them run away...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Streets]

Beckett and Iriel may notice a small creature, only a few feet tall, and a large Wolfhound milling about and looking curiously at the chaos. Perhaps it can help them! It's certainly not Eldricth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Wuh oh!

Beckett doesn't look at the pig-squid-monster, too busy making sure he and Iriel escaped safely. When it hisses at them, though, that gets the medic's attention. He glances over his shoulder, bringing his pistol up to aim at the Far Beast. And as he sets his gaze on it, seeing its display of tentacles and physics defying monstrosity, something in Beckett's brain twitches. No, it says. It was wrong, and he wasn't entirely able to fully comprehend it. It was like reading a page of a book when you're tired, and getting to the end of the page only to realize that you have no idea what you just read.
    A chilling shiver runs up Beckett's spine, and he turns back to Iriel, hurrying her along as they escaped to the alley.

So you'll have to understand that Beckett is somewhat distracted, and hopefully you can forgive him for failing to notice the imp and the wolfhound. Maybe they can tag along?

MagCave
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok rolls his eyes at Moon.

"Pfft. With everything Old AMEN had at its disposal, we still only just barely managed to stop France. If you think I'm going to war, or fudge, even going back outside ever again, you're crazy. And put that helmet on, your face is going to scare off all the refugees."

"Be honest with me, Maggot." Moon Called says, without missing a beat. "When, exactly, was the last time you went outside anyway? I mean, Circle of Twelve, look at how pale you are. Do you even remember what the sun looks like?" She chuckles, leaning against Mainframe and setting her helmet down on top of a monitor. The two eye slits, filled with tinted red glass, peer down emotionlessly at Magtok.
    "Right, well, you're the squishy cyborg half-man with the plan. How long do you think we've got?"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

24. - Top - End - #54

Rae smiles. Like he said, he at least got a punch in. And then his light is winked out of Nexus. Or at least this Nexus. It's not Cthulhu that got his soul, though, something completely different, something that Rae dedicated his life to serving. Hope, with a capital H. The omnipotent being embodying all of the hope in a universe. And it has something to say. "Watch out." And then it's gone too.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside - Red Zone

On one building, so far spared from destruction, a pair of vigilant and watchful eyes gazed into the chaos gripping the land that he had sworn himself to protect.

His armor shined as brightly and resolutely as ever, and his cloak continued to flow with the winds of death emanating from the Old Ones.

He knew he could escape to another plane at any time, if he so chose, but that would be betrayal of his virtues, to leave behind those here that he cared for. Harnel, Cessie, DC, KR, and many more that his player doesn't quite care to list, they would all die if he was to leave.

He couldn't let that happen. The Etherium Sword he always carried flashed to his hand, and he leaped into the streets.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Park

"The being known as Zee appears to be comatose. She is being telewarped back to the MagCave as we speak."
    the Mainframe drone says.

MagCave - Party Room

The Mainframe installation isn't in this room, but MoonCalled is welcome to rest her weight on the hovering disco ball coloured drone that was previously serving drinks at the party. If she does, it will add power to the anti-grav engines to compensate for the additional weight. That's right. The OOC text called you fat.

MagCave - Infirmary

The Zee-puppet has been telewarped into a bed, and MagfirmaryBots are working on her. It's the best MagMedicine the Nexus can offer!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-08-10 at 02:15 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Streets]

The small creature, it's silhouette mechanical or armoured in appearance, sees the spectacle run by and follows shortly. Taking only a moment to jump onto a floating device to keep up.

The Wolfhound glances at the pig-squid and follows at similar speeds, the two observing the chase. Ready to act if the Far-Spawn should prove too powerful for the fleeing humans.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN

Wolfy smirks as he sees the huge amount of tendrils before him, and he simply vanishes. Out of reach of the tendrils, he reappears, taking the form of something more of an equal to The Dark Lord's size. He looks like a massive black hybrid form of a werewolf, a mountain of fur and muscle, as he lets out some of the rage, wrath, and anger he's stored up over the eons.

His muzzle is skeletal, rows of building sized fangs, and he radiates waves of power. He'll be visible from Inside, and those in it may feel strengthened by his presence.

In his massive paws, he holds a giant glowing gray hammer, silver runes running down the head and shaft.

He says one word that reverberates across the entire doomed timeline, audible to everyone as he swings the hammer at the tendrils. If it hits, they should shatter from the force behind it.

HAMMERTIME!!!

29. - Top - End - #59

[Inside]

Since Andy assist the bird girl here the person should be free and Andy still flying waits for her dragging him away.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #60

[Beach]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Skies Above K'rax
    Hm.......
    Beach

John is more then welcome to try Guiding and Empowering Ace. Any edge in a knife fight, yes?
    Although this is less a knife fight and more of a greatsword fight that we brought an especially sharp piece of paper to.

As Eadin approaches Ace, the magician nods at her in greeting. Normally he would grin and show her some elaborate card trick, but that seems to have slipped his mind.
    "It's been a long time since I studied Eldritch lore." Ace says, uncharacteristically grim. "However, I know what that is. The sunken city of R'lyeh, home to Cthulhu the Dreamer, who you can currently see stomping around on the horizon making a throne out of the mountain side. Now that he's awake, he's woken up all the Elder Gods that haven't been sealed." The brown haired young man looks up at Eadin. "If you have any way to leave the Nexus, do so now."

John's whisper makes his way into her head, but she already knew staying isn't the greatest idea. She shivers a bit, but doesn't pay a lot of attention too it.
    There's a huge city rising from the sea.

Eadin's expression turns grim. She heard of him, the city and the other horrors slumbering inside the ocean. "Always thought it was some horror story.."
    She sighs, thinking of the people she cares about here. "I can't leave..."
    She takes a deep breath before returning her gaze to the horror. Looks like other people noticed him too. "Should do something..." She mumbles.
    Last edited by Eadin; 2011-08-10 at 02:21 PM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar: