New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

MagFirmary

Another thing Moon Called had learned after a few years of living with Saur is that it was amazingly easy to pick out the important bits of whatever crazy, complicated magic-thing he was rambling about with just a little practice. She still lets the necromancer talk - after all, she'd spent countless evenings talking his ears off about the various properties of whatever interesting new weapon she'd found, it was only fair.

"So, magic silver armlet syncs up with my mind and lets me move my arm around even after you melt all the skin off it because diamonds. Sounds good."
    She flashes Saurous a nervous smile. "Well, what are we waiting for, then? Or are there more preparations you need to make?"

MagMart Front Door

"As great as that sounds, Al," Ace says as he hurries across the parking lot, long and lanky legs propelling him across the black pavement, "I gotta say I'm really hopin' to be inside before it hits." Despite the size of the parking lot, the magician manages to make his way to the front door in less than a minute, fuelled by adrenaline. Skidding to a stop by the door, he glances back again, waving for the golem to hurry up. Glancing anxiously at Sadie and Raven, he gives them the best smile he can, considering he's probably about to die. "Hey kids. You guys might wanna come with me and Al here, that dust cloud don't look too safe." He doesn't wait for an answer, though, before he darts past them and into the MagMart front door.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-09-05 at 04:47 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

2. - Top - End - #782
    Orc in the Playground

MagCave

"I have two lego men and a lego skeleton arm. I dumped the contents of my rucksack to fill it with supplies, I'm afraid. Oh, and I have some red jasper, but I dumped my other minerals. Red jasper's my favourite. My name's Natalie, what's yours?" Natalie takes out the objects as she's speaking. Only problem is that the 'red jasper' is striated jasper that happens to be red.

Outside Inside- Farmhouse

Nephrim goes inside to look for a vehicle, more weapons or some survivors to become mind-slaves and potential bait, lures and destractions to enable Nephrim to survive longer. Also it's cover from the sky in case it starts raining eldritch terrorhorrors.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Inside

Missy's suit is mostly airtight still. Edijar's is fairly damaged, but should protect his lungs. But the civvies just have dust masks. Not good.

Missy points out the butcher shop. "They might have an airtight freezer." Let's hope the shop still has power, or the air in their might not be breathable. Luckily most of the electricity in the city was provided by Evolution Industries power cells, which aren't reliant on a grid. If there's no objection from Edijar, they'll head that way.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #784
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

"That is the gist of it, yes," Saurous says, nodding. He turns the armlet around in his hand, inspecting the material a little more closely. "I doubt that this is actually made out of silver, but that doesn't really matter."

The necromancer sets the band back on the suspended tray, and begins fumbling around with one of the pouches on his belt. "And there's just one other thing I have to do. To get the arm to function properly, we have to give it a negative energy power source, and to do that I'll have to draw a certain sigil on you somewhere."

From the pouch Saurous pulls a piece of black onyx, which Moon may recognize as the kind of gemstone that Saur typically uses to animate corpses. He sets it down next to the second bowl, which he promptly begins placing ink components within. "I put it on my chest when I replaced my own arm-" he briefly points to a spot just underneath his right collarbone "-but there are a couple of obstacles that prevent me from doing the same with you. I'll have to put it on your back, so we'll have to either flip you over or get you to lean forward for a few minutes."
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Edijar doesn't object and heads into the place, leading with his pistol, to clear the way if something leaps out.

6. - Top - End - #786

MagFirmary

Moon Called grins triumphantly. "See now, you could have just given me the first sentence of that lecture and my knowledge of the thing would still be the same."

As Saurous explains the next step, Moon Called lifts her head, leaning forward slightly to peer down at her chest. "Obstacles? What are you..." she begins, and then trails off as her own moment of understanding dawns on her. "Oh." Those obstacles. She falls back into her pillow, looking back at Saurous. "I suppose you have some lengthy, uninteresting and wordy explanation for why it won't work on my stomach, hm?" She asks, in a resigned tone. "Alright, fine. Just be quick about it, okay?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

7. - Top - End - #787
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

"I always do, dear," the necromancer says, flashing Moon a sardonic grin. "I'll spare you, though. All you need to know is that having the sigil too far away from the arm that it's supposed to channel energy into would really, really hurt."

Saurous lifts the onyx gem up over the bowl, and the energetic pulses start again. The black stone doesn't appear to be as hard as the diamond, though, and a sufficient amount of dusky powder is generated by just a few deafening PSHKOWs. He quickly pours water into the bowl and stirs it with a clean brush, generating a pool of dark, Stygian black.

The necromancer then moves around to the opposite side of the bed, the tray and spellbook floating through the air after him. He stands by the head of the cot, positioning his suspended equipment so that he can easily reach for it. That done, he places a hand on the back of Moon's neck.

"So, how do you want to do this? Do you think you could stand to sit upright for a minute or two?" he asks.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Inside]

Here comes that dust storm!

A dust storm filled with particles of preserving fluid from that tentacle that smashed into the ground. Everything caught in the cloud is slowly getting warped into pickled undead flesh. Eww...

Jakob may be surprised that the cloud appears to be killing the tumor beast just as surely as it'll probably kill him if he doesn't get out of here in a hurry. The wards on his armor won't do much good and this stuff frankly doesn't seem to care how magical his gear is. It's going to warp it regardless.

Miss and Eddy duck into the freezer! The place is actually magically cooled and the air magically recycled. Which is good, because otherwise they would be hiding in an air-tight freezer filled with rotting meat. And that would be terrible.

[MagMart]

The two children run inside as well! It's time to goooo! Because that cloud is coming and turning everything it touches into mummy-meat without the toilet paper wrapping. And they aren't too keen on being mummified.

[MagCave]

Well.

It's a good thing there aren't any nit-picky geologists around to correct the girl, huh? Divaonar pokes at his stones. "I've got a few pieces of obsidian, an agate, a broken yo-yo. And this skull from a Deep One."

He wrinkles his nose at the fishfrogman skull. "It isn't a very good toy..."

The lad shrugs. "I'm Divaonar Ezekiel Bar-Raril. And... I've only been alive for a couple of days. Mother made me to help keep the mortals safe while the Old Ones were waking up."

[Outside]

The whole area is tainted.

The ground has been turned to meat.

Dry, stale ribs poke out of the earth at odd angles. Mummies stagger around mindlessly. The air is a thick miasma of embalming fluids. This place is dead. Everything.

Is dead.

And soon she will be too.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Inside]

Oh dear. As soon as Jakob notices the foul winds, he's going to make every possible effort to get the heck out of there.

...He's improbably fast in the armor. It's probably some magic effect.

10. - Top - End - #790

MagFirmary

"Yeah." Moon Called says, nodding slightly. "Keep your shirt on." As Moon Called shifts in her bed, she pauses and glances back at Saur. "Actually, you can take it off, if you want." She's only half-joking.

Propping her good arm behind her, Moon Called pauses a moment before she slowly begins to push herself up. It's fine at first, but once her shoulder lifts off the bed it erupts in a bright star of pain. The ice elf grunts, freezing. For several long moments she holds still, hoping that the pain will fade away. But those long moments pass and it soon becomes clear that it's going to be sticking around. Gritting her teeth together, Moon Called gives another pained grunt, pushing herself up and forward.

Soon she is sitting, slumped forward in the bed, her head down and staring at her knees. Her injured arm hangs limp and useless from her shoulder, bent at the elbow where it rests lightly on the bed.

Her shirt may present somewhat of an obstacle to Saurous. The garment is a light, undyed cotton, soft and meant to prevent chafing from the leather padding below her steel armour. The shoulder that once lead to the right sleeve is still largely intact, if rather frayed, and the whole of the fabric is soaked with a rather pungent sweat. At this stage, Moon probably won't mind if Saurous just tears it right off.

Staring intently at her knees, her eye narrowed, Moon Called dos not look up at Saurous. "Go," she snarls, through gritted teeth.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-09-06 at 12:28 AM.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

11. - Top - End - #791
    Troll in the Playground

Inside

The mother grabs a couple of jackets that are hanging outside the freezer, supplied for the workers, and wraps her son up in them.

"Your name is Submission-in-Adversity, isn't it?" the mother asks in a low voice.

Missy meets her eyes, though her helmet partially conceals her face. She knows. Of course she knows. She stayed in touch with Mum after all. Finally, she nods.

"How do you know her name?"
    the boy asks his mother.

"I knew her parents, Halifax" the mother says, still looking at Missy. "You were named after her- her family."

Missy takes off her helmet, to look at her son. "Hi Halifax. It's nice to meet you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #792

MagMart - Parking Lot
    Elena finally accepts Tirin's kiss as the dust swarms around the humvee they're in. The humvee made it okay, as it couldn't be mummified due to not being organic. Everyone keeps the humvees locked down tight though.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

Tirin will continue kissing her for a while, but eventually say "Are you feeling better?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-06 at 06:15 AM.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    MagMart Front Door

"As great as that sounds, Al," Ace says as he hurries across the parking lot, long and lanky legs propelling him across the black pavement, "I gotta say I'm really hopin' to be inside before it hits." Despite the size of the parking lot, the magician manages to make his way to the front door in less than a minute, fuelled by adrenaline. Skidding to a stop by the door, he glances back again, waving for the golem to hurry up. Glancing anxiously at Sadie and Raven, he gives them the best smile he can, considering he's probably about to die. "Hey kids. You guys might wanna come with me and Al here, that dust cloud don't look too safe." He doesn't wait for an answer, though, before he darts past them and into the MagMart front door.
    Even though Golem is extremely large its legs are powerful enough to get it to move at quite a clip so it is behind Ace as he enters the building. It checks to see if anyone else is coming and if no one is then it begins to blockade the door (if it is glass...if it isn't glass it will keep on moving with Ace)
    "Have no fear Ace, I will protect you, as is my duty without my friend."
    Its tone is sure and sturdy but Ace can't tell if that is real sureness or because it is a Golem and can only speak in that tone.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Orc in the Playground

MagCave

"Where'd you get the skull? You should put it somewhere prominant, to give people hope and let them know that those things can be killed." It's a good idea- it'd help keep Hope alive.

Outside

Nephrim curls her lip up at the mummies. The terrain doesn't faze her; she's spent the best part of 4,000 years in the Abyss where the twisted imaginations of millenia old evil monsters have shaped the terrain to things as bad. At least there's no weeping sores, screaming mouths or teams of low-ranking demons with knives gleefully torturing the living landscape. Still, it'd be a good idea to leave quickly. Any mummies that get too close may find a bullet inscribed with the Eye of Derleth placed between their eyes by the surprisingly accurate Fallen Angel. If the mummies take more bullets, she'll stop shooting and point her magic mirror at them, hoping there's something they Fear. If that fails, she'll use her melee weaponry- a ghost-touch hatchet and a non-magic but ornate dagger, both enscribed with the Eye.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside

Edijar keeps one ear on the conversation as he seals the doors to the freezer. A small nozzle slides out of a fingertip and he sprays a liquid over the cracks in the door frame. In a moment, the liquid solidifies, turning to solid metal. "We'll stay here for an hour, then move on." He informs them before reaching into one of his compartments, pulling out a handful of red stones he passes to the step-mother. "Key word is "Heat". Go ahead and activate them, they'll provide enough heat to warm up the room to an acceptable level." He tells her, his voice slightly off-kilter as he keeps from slurring, the powerful drugs in his system beginning to take their toll.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Inside - Freezer

Halifax snuggles close to his mother. Any machismo from being a ten year old boy is quite lost in being in the middle of an apocalypse and having just lost his father. But thinking about his father hurts a lot, so instead, he thinks about the strange people who are here. "Are you an Arnaudin? Should I call you Sister Submission-in-Aversity?"

"I was an Arnaudin a long time ago, but I lost my faith. My friends call me Missy, but maybe if you call me Sister Missy, it will help me find it again."
    she says, as she turns to Edijar to try and provide whatever field medicine she can manage.

"But you carry weapons. We aren't supposed to fight our enemies."

"This is different, Hal. We are supposed to help people instead of fighting them. But the monsters outside aren't people. Sister Missy and her friend are protecting us from them." His mother says. Missy, turned away from them at the moment, bites her lip. Her own parents would never have made such a concession to her.

"Oh. Okay. Are you an Arnaudin too?" he asks Edijar.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside - Freezer

Edijar activates his comm device to talk to Missy silently, not wanting the others to know how bad his arm is. Don't. The arm is lost. Crushed. I'm already doing best I can to minimize other damage. He tells her right before there's a slight metallic sound, and the arm falls limp to his side. Inside the armor, a mono-edged iris had shut at his shoulder, severing the arm and cauterizing the wound. He silently tears a strip from his cape as the others talk and ties his arm tight to his body. It was awkward, but if the worst came to be, he could use it to shield himself just a bit more.

When the kid asks his question, he stays quiet, thinking for a moment before his helmet slides back, exposing his face for the first time to them. He looks paler than usual, and obviously somewhat uncomfortable. "I...am not. My faith and loyalties have always been to the city." He admits.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Inside - Freezer

"You can call him Mr Losthold,"
    Missy says to Halifax, knowing he would have been taught to address adults by their title. And she looks at Halifax's mother, who she had spent the last ten years of her life hating. "And I'm sorry, ma'am, I don't know your name."

"Sister Sonja."

And then the click. Missy knows what that sound means, and simply helps Edijar with the cape. She doesn't have her own helmet on, but her cybernetics allow her to hear him just fine. She just can't talk back without being heard.

"But Mr Losthold, if you aren't a believer, that means you won't go to the Paradise Planet with the rest of us," Halifax says, very worried.

"The Prophet cares for believers and unbelievers alike, remember?" Sister Sonja says. She was grateful that her son's faith was so strong, but did not want it to become a source of distress for him in what was likely to be his final hours. "That's why we aren't to raise our hands in violence towards them."

She may have been trying to comfort her child, but her words were also giving comfort to Missy, who had left her faith behind so long ago. She had never expected to find a seed remaining still inside her, suddenly finding fertile soil in the midst of this nightmare.

"'We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens all,'" Missy quotes from the scripture.

"Yes. Whatever he believes, Mr Losthold is one of us now."

Satisfied with this answer, Halifax says his prayers, and falls asleep, with his head in his mother's lap.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside - Freezer

Edijar watches the child fall asleep, feeling a pang of regret at never having his own, but he quickly shoves it aside, thinking of all the wonderful times he had enjoyed with Charity. After a few long and quiet minutes, he reaches into another compartment, pulling out a small flask and a ration bar, offering both to the mother. "You need to eat and drink. Keep your energy going. Take it all, then sleep, we'll keep the place safe, I promise."

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

Freezer

Sister Sonja hesitates, and Missy guesses why. "I have more for Halifax when he wakes. But you need your strength for him."

"Thank you," she says, and the hand on her son's shoulder suggests what the gratitude is really for. She slowly eats the ration bar, having to force down every bite but knowing it's necessary fuel for the body.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #802
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

Saurous doesn't need to be told twice. As soon as Moon gives the word, the necromancer gets to work, starting by attempting to remove the ice elf's shirt. He quickly becomes frustrated with the sweaty, uncooperative garment and decides upon a more direct approach. He snaps his fingers once and then drags a bony hand down along the shirt's back, the cotton fabric shearing cleanly in twain as the necromancer's phalanges glide over it.

The way to Moon's back now left unobstructed, Saurous takes his brush and presses it up against a spot near Moon's shoulder blade. The black ink is frigid against her bare skin, though the chill may come as a relief to the fatigued warrior. The brush glides along as Saur etches the curving symbols in silence.

After a few minutes, the sigil is completed: a set of seven equally-sized circles interconnected by their centers, contained within one larger circle. The curved edges of the six outer shapes all meet within the central seventh, making the entire figure resemble a simple flower. The brushstrokes comprising the sigil appear to become more thick and robust the further from the finely etched center one gets. Within the flower lies a set of smaller runes, the most prominent of which is featured in the topmost loop. In appearance it is quite similar to the primary sigil on the armband, comprised of a circle surrounded by a crescent and topped by a cross.

Saurous holds a hand just above the completed sigil and mutters something under his breath. A warm pulse of energy caresses Moon's back, drying and sealing the ink. With that, Saur sets his paintbrush aside and helps Moon ease back into the bed. "Excellent work, dear," he says. "We should be all set to operate, as far as the magical preparation is concerned."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside - Freezer

Edijar stays silent for a while, looking at the others from the corner of his eyes as a dull ache began to seep into his bones. It wasn't the pain of his wounds, even though that was part of it. It was the pain of loss, hopelessness. He knows that all they were doing was buying time. For a long moment, he runs the math in his head, trying to figure out the probabilities of survival in certain situations. Before, they had been somewhat high, but now, with Missy compromised...

He closes his eyes and lets out a deep breath, relaxing and pushing the negative thoughts aside. He couldn't tell them that they weren't likely going to make it. They all knew it anyway, but, no one would say it for the child, and maybe, that much was worth it. Silently, he pulls out a small bundle from yet another compartment and unrolls it, exposing several syringes filled with clear fluid. His fingers dart over them, pausing at one, causing him to think. Cyanide solution...that much would make it silent and painless for the child, near instant...Mother next, make it quick, as painless as possible. One arm would be enough. Missy would be too slow to react likely, and her weapons would be hard-pressed to kill me before I finished her off as well. Chance of survival...negligible.

The thought passes, and so do his fingers as he pulls out a different syringe, passing it to the boy's mother. "Inject that into his shoulder. It'll help the healing process and will help dull the pain of his arm." Edijar tells her before taking a seat against the wall and slumping down, tired, as he pulls in a breathe of cold air. He closes his eyes. "Tell me about the Paradise Planet." He asks.

Even though he didn't believe in such a place, and even if there was one, he believed he wasn't going to go there, the others needed to hear something about their own afterlives, to make them feel better, that this wasn't all for naught.

24. - Top - End - #804

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftworld View Post
    Even though Golem is extremely large its legs are powerful enough to get it to move at quite a clip so it is behind Ace as he enters the building. It checks to see if anyone else is coming and if no one is then it begins to blockade the door (if it is glass...if it isn't glass it will keep on moving with Ace)
    "Have no fear Ace, I will protect you, as is my duty without my friend."
    Its tone is sure and sturdy but Ace can't tell if that is real sureness or because it is a Golem and can only speak in that tone.

Magmart Interior

As self-sacrificing as the Golem is, Ace isn't. He glances back over his shoulder only once, making sure the two children had made it inside, before he darts over to one of the shelves. Without moving, Ace vanishes from where he is standing and appears in the air near the top of the shelf, directly above where he was standing. Reaching out, he grabs the top shelf with his right hand and pulls himself up onto the top. Pushing aside various goods, the brown-haired man kneels at the top of the shelf, using it as a vantage point to get a lay out of the pathway the MagBots had constructed. He is only still for a few moments before he vanishes again, teleporting from aisle to aisle, heading towards the end of the winding path as the crow flies.
    [hr]

MagFirmary

The ice elf's back is a tattered canvas of scars and tattoos. Most of the scars are old reminders of a battle long since past. Some are ugly, meant to cause harm and leave even uglier memories. The tattoos are vast and varied, but of note is a line of High Elvish numerals in white where her neck joins her shoulders, crossed out with a thin, white scar.

While Saurous works, Moon Called grips the sheets of her bed with her good hand, using the scratchy fabric to separate the nails of her tightly clenched fist from the skin of her palm, keeping the short and dirty nails from cutting into her skin. With each stroke of Saurous' cold ink, she forces her attention onto it, concentrating intensely on the sensation of each brush. Each touch is met with a hyperactive focus. The direction of each stroke, the amount of ink being applied, a vague notion of the shapes being formed.

Once Saurous is done and the ink has been sealed with a blast of heat, Moon Called all but collapses backwards. She closes her eye, finally exhaling a long, deep breath.
    "Alright. Whenever you're ready." She says, her eye still closed, and then pauses. "Um. And depending on how things go, I might need something to bite down on."
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-09-07 at 05:34 PM.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

25. - Top - End - #805

MagMart - Parking Lot
    Elena nodded.
    "Yeah except for the fact that the world is coming to an end."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

"Good."

Tirin tries to pull her over into his lap.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Inside Freezer

Sister Sonja injects her son with the painkiller and softly recites, "Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back and all change to silver glass….and then you see it. - white shores and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

Missy nods along with Sister Sonja's words. "It is said that no one sleeps. That to simply to walk among the gardens of the Blessed Realm is to be refreshed."

"The Force will reveal the truth. That we are not these mortal frames, but luminous beings."

"And in that land, there will be no more suffering, for broken hearts... are mended."

And that's enough for Missy to crack, lowering her face and shaking with silent sobs. For ten years, there had been a gaping, unhealed wound in her heart. For the first time, it was starting to heal.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-09-07 at 07:25 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #808

[MagMart Parking Lot]

Being inorganic won't help the humvee. This storm of ash and flaked flesh and preserving fluid had been warping metal and stone alike into undead jerky. The humvee will have the same fate, Elder Sign or not. Metal gives way to meat and glass peels away like sun-burnt skin as the dust storm comes pouring into the vehicle's interior.

When the dust settles there will no doubt be two more mindless mummies clinging to each other in a shriveled husk that was once a vehicle.

[MagMart]

Sadai and Raven both glance at each other and nod before grasping hands and placing the other free hand on the wall of the store, their forms suddenly igniting with bio-aetheric essence.

"Everyone needs to get out of here as fast as they can! Get through the portal and close it behind you!
    " Sadei calls out.

"We will buy you time as long as we can,"
    Raven adds.

[Outside]

The mummies prove to be simple enough to dispatch. Though unfortunately more of them are constantly rising out of the fleshy earth, grasping and clawing at the fallen angel in a bid to drag her below the surface.

All the while the toxic air burns at her skin and lungs.

[Inside]

It is unlikely that Jakob is going to out-run the dust storm. Impossible, in fact. Because it is already upon him. His armor begins to crumble away into flakes of white, dead flesh.

Meanwhile!

The building Eddy, Missy, and co are hiding in groans as the exterior is eroded away into meat. It will probably only be a matter of time before their shelter provides shelter no longer.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagFirmary

Saurous stands there in silence for a few moments with one hand resting gently on Moon's shoulder. He stares at her with an expression somewhere best described as "concerned amusement."

"Um. Moon. We're in a fairly sophisticated medical facility, and I'm going to tear off all of the flesh from your arm," he explains, gesticulating harshly with his other hand on that last statement. "We can get a sedative for you. The sensation isn't something that you can just go muscling through and still expect to be capable of standing upright the next day. You would probably just snap whatever you bit down on in half, anyways."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #810
    Orc in the Playground

Outside

Nephrim's breathing becomes shallow. Whilst resistant to poison, this is acidic- something she has no defence against. She also slows down slightly, but is beating her wings. The ground's dangerous, the sky's dangerous, but in the sky she's faster. There's a mummy in front of her, and she fires at it- click. Out of bullets. She'll toss the gun aside and try to avoid it, but she'll be passing just above its head.