New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Rooftop

The creature may be fast, but Nephrim is fast too. She's also one of Pazuzu's highest-ranked underlings, which means that the wind is on her side and her flying abilities are extremely good. Nephrim flies after the weird thing and will try to overtake it, slicing as she goes. Then she'll turn in midair and fly past the creature, again slicing. She'll hope to continue this for a while.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop

The thing does not fly; it just jumps really far. This can make it easy to hit...

And hit it she does; a real solid hit. It drops Iriel. She begins to fall.

"..........I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

The thing is continuing on it's trajectory... if she goes after one, she'll lose the other.

Moral choice:
    -Go kill silent thing.
    OR
    -Go help screaming girl.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-10-05 at 04:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Orc in the Playground

Rooftop

Hmm. Well, if the silent thing is staying on the same course and not moving around, Nephrim can go kill the girl and then chase after the silent thing to kill that. Moral choice diverted!

Although Nephrim has had difficulty surviving as long as she has, and somebody nearby might have skills to help in Nephrim's survival when combined with the Fallen Angel's abilities of magical persuasion. So, she swoops down and tries to catch Iriel. She might fail in her attempt, in which case there's likely not enough time to try again before Iriel hits the ground.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop area

Nephrim catches Iriel! Iriel stops screaming, instead just panting. She seems to be trying to say "thank you," but this kept from doing this by breathing so hard. Iriel is definitely underweight, and the stuff she had been carrying has all been dropped except for a fanny pack.

The silent thing, on the other hand, lands on a roof. Now lacking a fragile cargo, it can escape by it's preferred mode of transportation: bouncing between buildings like an eldritch bouncy ball. It launches itself from the roof and ricochets away, quickly disappearing into the ruined city. That thing is gone.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Orc in the Playground

Rooftop Area

Nephrim will land on a nearby roof, one high enough that anything taking them from surprise is either invisible, demolishing the building beneath them, flying, or some combination of those. Flatness is optional, and Nephrim opts against if it's a taller structure.

"My name is Nephrim. I am a member of AMEN, and temporarily of WATCHTOWER. I am a Fallen Angel, formerly of the Celestial Choir. Now I am one of Pazuzu's most favoured servants. Who are you, and do you have any pistols? I've lost all mine." She discarded them when their ammo ran out. All she has now are her wrist, elbow and knee-blades, a ghost-touch hatchet and an ornate but mundane knife, though each has been daubed with the Eye of Derleth, and the Elder Sign is embroidered and painted onto her loose robes.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop Area

The tallest structure in the area has a flat roof, unfortunately. Iriel listens to Nephrim as she catches her breath.

"Hi... I'm Iriel. I don't have any pistols, sorry. I don't know how to fight at all. I think I may still have some granola bars in this pack."

She doesn't know what all those things mean, but she hopes that none of them involve abandoning people when they are of no more use.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

Rooftop Area

"Keep them. I can't taste anything and don't need to eat anyway. As a member of AMEN, I am supposed to kill you violently or leave you somewhere. As a member of WATCHTOWER, however, it is my duty to keep people alive, which is good news for you. Are you scared of heights?" Nephrim takes off her red rucksack and roots around in it, taking out a hatchet. "If you're attacked, flail around with this. Aim for anything that looks vital. It's magic; it'll work on most things, even if they are incorporeal."

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Roofy area of Rooftops

The fallen angel and strangely-haired girl might notice a sniffing sound coming from below them just before a big animal leaps onto the roof, it's eyes glowing green as the fire in it's mouth.

"Woof!"

Mitta the big fluffy Wolfhound greets Iriel and her new friend, looking a bit suspiciously at Nephrim. There's something off about her, almost evil.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop Area

"Um... thank you. I'm not acrophobic, if that's what-"

Then, dog.

"OH WAIT WHAT"

Iriel will smell a bit different, too. Almost a null smell...

Not that her base scent has been changed, just that she was covered in something that smells like null. Whatever null smells like.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Orc in the Playground

Rooftop Area

Nephrim looks at the dog suspiciously. She probably smells more than 'almost' evil, given that she Fell four thousand years ago after a thousand years of do-gooding.

Not moving her attention from the sudden hound, she responds to Iriel. "What is it you are questioning? The axe, the hound, or something else?"

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Rooftop Area

Mitta barks happily at Iriel, but then turns to Nephrim to growl. The Wolfhound really doesn't like evil.

Fortunately she is distracted by a swooshing sound from above and looks up in surprise at something flying towards them.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop Area

"It's the wolf..."

Wait...

"Is that the wolf that was with that little..."

A swooshing noise?

Iriel looks up, dreading what she may see.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Orc in the Playground

Rooftop Area

Nephrim looks up at the swooping, grabbing and brandishing a mirror from her rucksack. It's an Object, a fragment of elder evil destined to end the world when it is rejoined with the others. This particular Object is Fear, and looking into it shows the viewer's worst fear. It's also just about the only ranged attack Nephrim has left.

Everything else is ignored for now, meaning that the wolf could attack and likely take the Fallen Chorister by surprise.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Rooftop Area

As they look up, they will see what appears to be either a mechanical Kobold or one wearing a technological set of armour. The swooshing sound came from a hoverboard that the Kobold is standing on.

"[Hi, all right? Need help?]"

Nach'tt asks in the language of the Underdark as he descends, remembering that Iriel doesn't seem to speak it as he reaches Mitta's height.

"Uhm, Hi... Safe?"

The wolfhound seems to still be suspicious of Nephrim, but seems more concerned with the fact that two of her friends are here now. That calls for a happy bark more!

"Woof!"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop Area

So... not a horrible thing on wings of the night, coming to strike her skull open and consume her memories.

"Yes... safe. I think."

In reality, Iriel does not feel well. She is, in fact, a bit paler than she was before. Also, her body language somehow seems weaker, while her breathing is heavier.