New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Slums]

"We are still in inside. The 'Old ons' have been awakened and the worls sees to get destroyed."

Just a logical list of things happening now. Thank you captain obvious.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-08-11 at 08:43 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

MagCave

"Guess I'll find out soon," Missy says, with a dramatic gun cock.

No, there is absolutely no reason for her to be cocking her gun other than to punctuate that phrase.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

Kal takes a worried step back. Because obviously when you're a devil, and then someone else makes a reference to finding out what it's like in Hell, and then cocks their gun, the implication is that they are about to shoot you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest/Rael's House - Red Zone]

Anyone near here (such as in Trog's) will see a large procession moving down the street.

It is composed of: Rael, and around 24 other vampires, 50 Quill Wolves, 20 D'Lattu, a large number of assorted other creatures that he's made, the humans, elves, etc. that all these vampires feed on, and about five creatures twice the size of an ox. These last have blue-grey skin, six legs, and fangs. They are carrying a large amount of tech and alchemy equipment, as well as yet more creatures, though these are all animals that one could see elsewhere.

If not stopped (which, naturally, they will be - I expect a convoy this large to draw the attention of Starspawn, especially since it contains some fairly powerful mages with especially bright auras), they will make their way to the MagCave exterior.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

MagCave

But wouldn't be sent to Hell be an improvement for Kal over being on the mortal plans during the End Times?

Missy holsters her gun. "I've got no time for curtains, but I wouldn't mind one last kiss from a hawt devil before I make my last heroic stand."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

Sure, but not yet. He wants to be able to stay for the show, after all. It's not every day you get to see a world get consumed by Old Ones. At the very least, he's hoping to see Magtok suffer a horrible, bloody death at the hands of Starspawn. Probably several. And Reinholdt, too!
    He'd probably want to leave before Butler or DC or maybe KR dies though. That would suck.
    "Well, I think I can oblige that."
    As far as last wishes go, it sure beats Mrs. Ploppy's sausages.
    Hawt devil kiss incoming!
    He's still not as good as Butler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

MagCave

Missy scoops Kal up under his knees with one power-armoured arm to lift him to the right height.

Missy is kissed, and sadly, is not a great kisser. I mean, she's not a bad kisser. She has good oral hygiene at least. And she's trying. She's just not a succubus or love goddess or the like, and hasn't been promiscuous enough in her life to become more than adequate. Plus there's the damn power armour preventing the wandering hands and physical contact that is the best part of a really good kiss.

But still... hawt devil kiss! She'll take what she can get.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-08-11 at 11:26 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh would you just look at all those silly little people running around the streets?

Like cockroaches running for cover.

Little skittering things eating and breeding and sleeping and believing they're the center of the universe.

Well!

Gul'ther just woke up and the mountain of diseased corpses amalgamated into a hulking reptilian shape feels like informing them otherwise! A massive tongue of twisted-together spines licks at the air, vast empty eyes focused on the city and all the little fleeing specks of life there-in.

The putrid monstrosity heaves itself from its tomb, the stench of aeons worth of decay sliding out along with him. A massive rift rends itself open along what might be called a head as noxious fog spills forth from the abyss.

Any mortals caught in the miasma will quickly rot into zombies. Zombies that will seek out other zombie and merge with them, eventually reaching critical bloated mass and becoming a starspawn of The Defiler.

Thankfully Gul'ther didn't have the time he needed to blanket the whole of Inside with his putrid fog. Mostly because a massive set of obsidian talons just gripped him by the back of the head and plowed his face into the earth.

The thing's dead eyes find the Warden glaring down at him.

Message is clear enough. K'rax-Naggath is doing that crazy mortal protection thing of hers again. The crazy environmentalist. Valuing bacteria over the fun of her kin.

Gul'ther heaves himself upright again, shaking off dozens of fetid tumors to go convert mortals one at a time. Usual K'rax rules apply. No direct intervention, only allowed to use one's starspawn.

What a kill-joy.

Anywhere in the city people may encounter Cysts of the Defiler.

And that's terrible.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [WATCHTOWER]

The collar comes off!
    This might be a good time to start backing away. Quickly. As soon as the collar comes off, the cat begins to bubble and grow, growing brighter and brighter until... whoosh! A giant column of flame shooting up into the sky, sending a rolling wave of heat out, hot enough to wilt the grass and probably singe Jakob if he's too close. Eventually, the pillar subsides, and what's left is a giant of a man, almost identical to the metal one, only made out of blazing white flame.
    "Hahahahaha! Free at last!" Says Kerambit triumphantly, his voice a deep rumbling, like coals in a furnace.
    "Free now, and I can do anything I want!" He continues, before shooting a torrent of flame at Jakob! Fortunately, Kampilan is already there, with a massive tower shield formed from his own substance, blocking the flames. Still, it might get a little hot for Jakob.
    "You forget yourself." Says Kampilan.
    "Pffft." Says Kerambit, lowering his hand. "Sentimental. Fine. I won't kill the human."
    Kampilan pauses for a bit, then absorbs his shield back into himself, though he looks somehow... diminished, and is glowing a dull cherry red from the heat of the blow. Fire is super effective against Metal, obviously.
    [WATCHTOWER]

Jakob was sort of expecting something like that. And given that his two real specializations are with Abjuration and Transmutation, rather than Conjuration as people seemed to assume and I didn't bother to correct, he's perfectly capable of defending himself from most elemental attacks short of an Incarnation actively assaulting him personally.

Combined with Kampilan's Shield, this is probably enough to prevent Jakob from taking any meaningful damage.

"Wonderful. I can just tell this is going to be a great apocalypse, if we're releasing entities that powerful. Now, there were five bonds of five different elements, and considering that the luminescent fellow there shares a form with you, and that you match another of the wards, I suspect we have more work to do. Where next?"

...See, Jakob can figure that out based on circumstantial evidence, but it still takes him as long as it did to stop attacking Zee's One-winged Angel form?
    Last edited by BladeofOblivion; 2011-08-11 at 12:49 PM.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Docks]

"Aria and Galinai, scout out the full extent of the infestation. Help where you can, but no unnecessary risks.
    The rest of us can begin the evacuation towards the announced safe zone. It likely won't be for much longer, so we must get the civilians there as soon as possible."

"Should we try to bring anyone back?"
    "If they don't slow you down."

This has led to the shadow rogue and his largely silent companion towards the docks, moving towards the ocean where this began.
    Where would be better to check the source of an infestation than near its source?

Cthulhu walked from there to release the other horrors, no doubt other creatures followed him.

Which has, in turn, led them to a little battle, with precisely the kind of horror they were quietly hoping would be somewhere else.

It hurt to even look at, although neither of them mentioned it. Master Uleryu had solidified their mind against the more insidious effects of these monsters, so discomfort would just have to be dealt with on their own power.

Bits of bark, sand, and leaves have grown over Aria's skin, while she dances between the monster's arm-legs, ignoring the fact that it is almost twice her size as she slashes blades of water and wood towards its largely unyielding flesh.

Up above, Galinai flickers in and out of visibility, stabbing his knife down into various portions of what appears to be an exposed heart, wrapped in a shell and nonfunctional fingers.

It went this way for several minutes, stabbing and slashing, ducking away from thrashed limbs and trying to ignore the strange noises that lilted out of the creature's...non-existent mouth. They're not really sure how it was making noise, but it was, and it was unpleasant.
    The three civilians that it had been chasing originally have long since escaped, this fight was simply a matter of trying to tackle the infestation at large.

The futility of which was demonstrated rather shortly, as two creatures vaguely reminiscent of winged lobsters drifted in from the direction of the sea, and a small pack of fish-men lurched out of an alley.

"I'm suddenly feeling less confident."
    "Master Uleryu said to avoid risks. Relocate."
    "Right, up up and aw-oof!"

The rogue had leapt off the arm-beast, only to find that the thing had been rather cleverly hiding just how fast it really was.
    Almost like it had been waiting until this precise moment to act.

One of its mis-aligned arms had snapped outwards, grabbing the rogue around his ankle, before twisting and tossing him straight up in the air.
    Another arm twitched outwards and forced Aria to skip backwards, back towards the encroaching mob of fish-men.

Flopping about somewhat irritably in the sky, Galinai got plenty of view of the two lobster-monsters swooping down to snatch him out of the sky.
    "The end of the world sucks."

[Towards the Magcave!]

A small band of refugees from what had once been the Null Zone have been slowly meandering through the apocalypse, seeking a shelter their leader had informed them of.

Most of the group was simple civilians, terrified and rather firmly convinced that they were going to die today.
    Four of them were not, and were the sole reasons the group had gotten this far, why they might reach the Magcave at all.
    Master Uleryu and the gnome Nerbil did their best to simply conceal the group from the roving horrors, applying illusions and distractions as necessary, conserving most of their magic for this purpose and staying out of most of the fighting.
    Hatchet-wielding Sariai and axe/sword-swinging Tennel focused on that part, quickly moving in to drive back what creatures saw through the various veils to grab at their civilians.

It has been a long day. Tiring. Painful.
    But they were almost to the supposed safety.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [GloG]

Lewis looks up at the cat with amazement.

"Spectacular! What a groove for hiding and quietness!"

A talent which the Pixie evidently does not share.
    [GLoG]

Trilby just continues to sleep! He is a very silly kitty, and apparently a very sleepy kitty too! "I'm heading toward Inside," Crae says. "There are probably people there or something that could help you get out of here if that's what you're trying to do or something. Also monsters, which is why I'm going there."
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Throughout Riverside and Inside

Phil's robots are looking for survivors, and if any are found, will try to guide them to one of Phil's designated evacuation areas, all of which are well built, secure buildings.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [GLoG]

Trilby just continues to sleep! He is a very silly kitty, and apparently a very sleepy kitty too! "I'm heading toward Inside," Crae says. "There are probably people there or something that could help you get out of here if that's what you're trying to do or something. Also monsters, which is why I'm going there."
    Lewis looks thoughtful.

"I got a much better plan, can I bring Trilby on an adventure of mysteries, wonder and absolutely no chance it works?"

The Pixie grins and pokes a thumb in the great old Chtulhu's direction.

"I'm gonna sneak into big Chtulhu there's bedchamber"

It is well know to Pixies that doing the absolutely craziest thing that would never work always works.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower]

Just how many fires are you going to make Butler put out anyways?!

[Fleeing From Inside]
    Fez Hat Reinholdt screeches to a stop when up ahead he sees a Cyst of the Defilier doing... something to that innocent over there.
    Umm...
    Time to run the other way! Yay!

[Fighting through to BDD]

That last one gave the trio trouble. It's hard to fight something with one specific weak point when you don't know what it is.
    But somehow, by expending almost all of Margret's ammunition, acid flowers, and mousetraps and a leg of Mister Squiggles, Ilpholin and company finally reach and burst into the Black Dragon Den.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #165

[Streets]

'Something' apparently consists of puncturing the poor person with dozens of greasy tendrils and causing them to become a fetid tumor-covered zombie.

Eeww...

The Kitty probably doesn't want to experience that. Though sadly there's a decent chance that anyone poking around the streets of Inside will regardless.

Or the Cysts might even find you inside!

Sort of like how they do with-

[Trog's Tavern]

A roiling mass of bulbous growths and corpses amalgamated together shuffles into Trog's, breaking down the door and hastily absorbing the poor soul who had been trying to barricade it.

The Cyst of the Defiler begins trundling through the building, leaving a fetid trail of fluid behind it whilst searching for anything alive.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #166

AMEN Satellite

Gordon, having been hurled to space in this reality, sighs as he finished placing the last Elder Sign onto a part of the satellite. The city is done for, the world is done for, everything he had worked for was gone. Well, the satellite is prepared. Gordon walks over to a control box, and puts in the coordinates for the city of inside. Sure, it likely won't do anything in, but its something to do for now.

After that, he walks over to his UFO, and stands watching the satellite begining its fall.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    MagCave

AMEN

Wolfy tosses the remains of the hammer behind him, letting it vanish back into thin air before kneeling and digging his massive claws into the earth, sending out tendrils of his own power, coursing through the ground to try and trace the source of the Lazor Cannons as his fur coat turns metallic and bright.
    The source, well with the stars right and the Old Ones walking around reality is braking down, and D is the Wandering GateKeeper, D is porting them under the ground from what ever dimension their from.

Fun fact, the most dangerous thing a volcano can do other than exploding is something that takes awhile.
    Empowering what that is also takes time
    But my friend your well in range
    Getting even hotter was fun
    Let the air burn, let rock burn, let magma burn magma

Booom goes the cap on the volcano and out comes an orange colored cloud and heat a lot of heat. The normal version of this type of event can boil blood in your veins if your within 3 miles and the wind faces you. This one is way hotter than normal and infused with eldritch power and a great deal of Malevolent will.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Streets]

'Something' apparently consists of puncturing the poor person with dozens of greasy tendrils and causing them to become a fetid tumor-covered zombie.

Eeww...

The Kitty probably doesn't want to experience that. Though sadly there's a decent chance that anyone poking around the streets of Inside will regardless.

Or the Cysts might even find you inside!

Sort of like how they do with-

[Trog's Tavern]

A roiling mass of bulbous growths and corpses amalgamated together shuffles into Trog's, breaking down the door and hastily absorbing the poor soul who had been trying to barricade it.

The Cyst of the Defiler begins trundling through the building, leaving a fetid trail of fluid behind it whilst searching for anything alive.
    There are ten Order knights and Garrett, all with the elder eye Zee told them about engraved on their blades.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

19. - Top - End - #169

WITHIN THE LAST HOPE FOR THE NEXUS
    Moon and Saur Stuff

"That's terrific, Saur. Now, if you love the thing so much, why don't you go out and-"

Magtok rubs his temples as Moon points out the bedroom camera.

"Okay firstly, I'm not watching that one. Never have. I've tried to have it shut off, but every time someone comes along and changes the password and-"

Oh look, Moon's rushing off to get herself killed. Lovely.

"Hey Saur? Unless you plan on enduring yet another barrage of necrophilia remarks, you might want to save your stupid girlfriend before she gets her stupid face dissolved."

Reinholdt

Magtok nods as the cat telewarps away.

"Godspeed, Reinholdt."

And with that said, he walks off, wondering just how he's going to trick Mainframe into willingly severing contact with the MagCave and all its resources long enough to evict it entirely from the MagComputer systems. Can he really do it? Can he just...turn someone off like that?

Edijar

Magtok sighs, looking away immediately when he realizes just what Edijar is asking for.

"Ed, I...I don't know. What if it doesn't work? What if we need you here? How do I...No."

The cyborg looks right back at the former Mortal Coil trooper and glares.

"No, **** it, I'm not helping you with any stupid martyr pipe-dreams. I won't. Do you know how many people have already done exactly that and died horribly?! Our gods, our heroes, our champions...they're all ****ing throwing themselves into the bastard's mouth! Rae's ring alone could've provided enough energy to keep this place running on full power for the next three hundred years! DC could be here, raising up walls of rock and granite to seal off the entire mountain from the rest of the world! And the Exalted...do you have any idea how much I would give up just to have a deity here right now?!

At this point, Maggy's practically screeching at the guy.

"More power in your pinky than I have in the entire Magbot army, and you're going to throw it all away! All because you think you have something to prove! What if it doesn't work, Edijar?! What then?! Suppose I forget to draw an Eye of Derleth on the satellite, or you go mad before you get in range, or it just doesn't ****ing work?!"

It doesn't matter, though. In the end, Edijar's free to do whatever he wants, and Magtok doesn't actually have any real use for the MagSat anymore. Mag's just being scared and upset.

OUTSIDE OF LAST SAFE HAVEN IN THE NEXUS

Flamethrowers! Two big fiery jets of flame shoot right at the shoggoth from MagSquid's tentacles! If that's not enough to slow it down, then we might have some serious trouble here. Just in case it doesn't make it, the squiddly thing gives the boxes provided by the Phil-bot a whack, which should send them sliding right through the front door.

As for the refugees being played by DeB and stuff, they might want to move for the door, and fast! There's no telling how long the MagSquid's going to last in this fight!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-11 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

MagCave

Edijar weathers the tirade with a stoney look on his face, understanding exactly why Magtok was like this. "You don't get it Magtok, it's the only way the Wheel can be used. It's location...." he shakes his head and taps his chest. "The only place in Nexus where it could never be scried for, even by Which, get it? No one else here has even a fraction of the potential to be able to hurt the damned thing. I can teleport out technologically if I have to, but you need to understand, I need to be there, in person, through the end. My armor should be strong enough withstand MagSat's crash." He sighs. "And before you suggest it, no, it can't be removed surgically. It's too close to too many...vital areas."

"Once I activate the wheel, there'll be an opportunity for you to hit it with as much as you can throw at it. Even if I die, the wheel will keep going for a couple hours."

Edijar turns his gaze into Magtok's before continuing. "I have nothing to prove to anyone, Magtok. Not any more. My entire life's been nine different kinds of hell, and the only people who meant anything to me are gone here. I'd rather go out and try something that might not work, instead of just sitting in here cowering as we're picked off one by one."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagCave

Saurous doesn't even listen to Magtok before chasing after Moon Called. He just assumes the cyborg is saying the usual things about how Moon's an idiot and how Saur likes corpses more than people and blah blah blah. He pulls his spellbook off his belt as he runs, flipping through it in a search for spells that would be effective against an amorphous blob of eyes and snot. He also shouts "Moon, wait!" a couple of times, though it's up to her whether she actually listens or not.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[MagCave]

"Data logged," says Psi. Staaaaaaaaaaaaring at Magtok.

"Unit would like to request information from subject."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the MagCave]

(Since it's been at least a page and no-one has said anything about the Shoggoth, or anyone else, trying to interrupt the spell, I'll assume that Harin cast it)

A very short denizen of one of the lower planes pops in. It has abnormally long arms, and is covered in green scales. It will bellow at the Shoggoth, before charging at it, intent on the utter destruction of the creature. Not that it's likely to work, but it should make for a marvelous distraction.

At the same time that the Maratu charges, the pod is bathed in a very strange, and definitely unnatural, glow.

Apparently, slamming into Cthulhu gave it some sort of connection to him, which it's now drawing on*. It will shift one of its legs into a pointed tentacle, and flick it at the Shoggoth, hopefully impaling it.

*Any information on what, exactly, this glow would look like given the source would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-11 at 04:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

[Streets]

What the man turned into a monster? i hope i understand that right. Well andy will create a wall between the man and the others then to protect them. (( just hope I get it))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #175

Beach
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Beach]
    And there's that tickle again. The thought is right, there were others in need of help! But Eadin was never the heroic saviour type.

"Alright."Her face might betray a little bit of worry. Mostly for Galinai. Where..
    His hand on her shoulder make her snap out of her line of thoughts.
    "Right, moving. But where? There's things of that all over the city!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Pysoplane - Beach
    "Don't be alarmed...." he whispered.
    He came out of the Pysoplane in front of her. He was wearing robes and in his attractive 20 year old form.
    "I can help you."
    It was time for the waiting to bear fruit.

Ace frowns at Eadin's question. "I... I don't know." He admits. "But right now we're within eyesight of R'lyeh and that can't be a safe... place."
    The magician trails off, somewhat distracted as a robed twenty-something man poofs out of nowhere in front of him.
    "Oookay then. Look, I don't know who you are but I don't really care. If you want to help that's fine and dandy, but first I'd appreciate it if you would prove that you aren't an eldritch monster trying to lure us into a false sense of safety."

Seated on a chair not too far away, John might notice a particular blond-haired young girl reading a manga, wearing an orange t-shirt with three apples on it. She looks up and raises an eyebrow at John. Her lips move as she mouths 'I'm watching you' before she vanishes the next time he blinks.

Slums
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Iriel follows, hoping that nothing eats them before they get there. If anything, she rgards the slums with a bit of curiosity. It's like... usually, this would only scare her more. But with the whole city lethally dangerous, the feel of "this part of town is more dangerous" goes away, leaving it...different. And with most of the people either evacuated or dead, this place is not actually more dangerous than anywhere else. It's just spooky.

And being attacked some place where it is spooky is less scary than being attacked in a safe-feeling place, since in a spooky place you were expecting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Streets>Slums]

The small creature and Wolfhound catches up to Beckett, Andy and Iriel when they arrive at the slums.

"<Uhm, greetings! Do you now where we are>"

It appears to be a Kobold dressed in mechanical armour, or a robotic one. It tries to ask in Draconic, Giant, Merfolk and Underdark. Evidently it doesn't speak Common.

Beckett is rather surprised to turn a corner and run into the pair. He holds up an arm to get Iriel to stop, aiming his pistol at the wolfhound with the other. He holds his aim as he watches them speak, ready to fire if they made any sudden moves or started breaking any laws of reality. The medic doesn't seem to be able to understand them, though, but when he hears the Underdark words he is at least able to recognize the language.
    He lowers his pistol, frowning for a moment. "Ah... <I Beckett.> He says, in broken Underdark. "<I... doctor. Going to safe place.>

Trog's Tavern
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Trog's Tavern]

The Cyst discovers Trog's to be mostly empty, save for one very hungry cowboy. Allen Parker looks up as the mass of rotten flesh barges into the tavern, frowning. He supposed this would have had to happen at some point. But he'd been hoping it would be nice enough to wait for him to have a full stomach first. Dying with a full stomach would have been nice.

The cowboy sighs, tossing a half-eaten orange over his shoulder. The fruit hits the wall behind him and lands with a loud splat, likely alerting the Cyst to Allen's presence. If that doesn't, though, the less-than-charming cowboy is about to fix that.
    "By th' Man in Black, yer one ugly mother-****er, ain'tcha?" Allen says, flicking the rim of his hat up. He was alone, anyway, so what was the point in hiding his face from something that looked worse than he did, anyway?

With a sudden flurry of activity, Allen leaps to his feet, drawing his pistol and pulling his rifle from off his back. Bracing his rifle along his arm, Allen kicks the table over, sending a tidal wave of round, rolling fruit cascading towards the cyst.

MagCave

Saurous can yell for Moon Called to stop all he wants - she's having none of it. By the time the Ice Elf has arrived at the Mag Cave door, she's already unslung her sword, holding it over her shoulder as she barrels forwards, accompanied by the ever-present sound of her armour clanking along.
    Once she gets out the door, she pauses to observe the scene before she screams something in Icetongue, before she charges the Shogoth, sword raised to slice it in two.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Beach
    Ace frowns at Eadin's question. "I... I don't know." He admits. "But right now we're within eyesight of R'lyeh and that can't be a safe... place."
    The magician trails off, somewhat distracted as a robed twenty-something man poofs out of nowhere in front of him.
    "Oookay then. Look, I don't know who you are but I don't really care. If you want to help that's fine and dandy, but first I'd appreciate it if you would prove that you aren't an eldritch monster trying to lure us into a false sense of safety."

Seated on a chair not too far away, John might notice a particular blond-haired young girl reading a manga, wearing an orange t-shirt with three apples on it. She looks up and raises an eyebrow at John. Her lips move as she mouths 'I'm watching you' before she vanishes the next time he blinks.
    Beach
    'John' doesn't exactly blink, so I guess she's just sitting there.
    "How about the fact that I could have appeared behind you and ripped your throat out without having to lure you into a false sense of security? And the fact that I'm not exactly crazy looking."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #177

Spoiler
    Show
    Beach
    'John' doesn't exactly blink, so I guess she's just sitting there.
    "How about the fact that I could have appeared behind you and ripped your throat out without having to lure you into a false sense of security? And the fact that I'm not exactly crazy looking."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Beach

Pysoplane - Beach
    "Don't be alarmed...." he whispered.
    He came out of the Pysoplane in front of her. He was wearing robes and in his attractive 20 year old form.
    "I can help you."
    It was time for the waiting to bear fruit.

[Beach]
    "You might not know, but eldritch like to play with their food. And are pretty good at shapeshifting."Eadin tells "John", not really trusting him.
    She turns to Ace. "You're right, we should get away from the source of these - Oh damn it!"

It takes a while, but Eadin has finally noticed her literal soulmate is in trouble.
    Can't leave that boy alone for one minute.
    She sighs and turns to Ace. "Apologies, the boyfriend needs saving."Casting another suspicious look at "John".
    And with that she runs off, letting their connection guide her.

Doesn't take long before she sees him, dangling upside down.
    "Damnit , Gal. Could you try staying alive a little harder?"
    She tries to evade the lobster monsters dancing around the bigger creep, sending waves of water to try and slice them in half.
    A bigger wave of water is bended into a tentacle sort of thing, trying to catch Galinai before he falls down.
    Last edited by Eadin; 2011-08-11 at 05:47 PM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Slums

Iriel tries to hide behind Beckett a bit, and seems intimidated by the kobold of power and it's big dog, too.

At least they're talking instead of gibbering. Or trying to eat them.

She covers her nose as the stench of something far worse than death reaches her nostrils. Looking at the others... she does not thing anyone else smelt it. Is she smelling things? Olfactory hallucinations?

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Beach]
    "You might not know, but eldritch like to play with their food. And are pretty good at shapeshifting."Eadin tells "John", not really trusting him.
    She turns to Ace. "You're right, we should get away from the source of these - Oh damn it!"

It takes a while, but Eadin has finally noticed her literal soulmate is in trouble.
    Can't leave that boy alone for one minute.
    She sighs and turns to Ace. "Apologies, the boyfriend needs saving."Casting another suspicious look at "John".
    And with that she runs off, letting their connection guide her.

Doesn't take long before she sees him, dangling upside down.
    "Damnit , Gal. Could you try staying alive a little harder?"
    She tries to evade the lobster monsters dancing around the bigger creep, sending waves of water to try and slice them in half.
    A bigger wave of water is bended into a tentacle sort of thing, trying to catch Galinai before he falls down.
    Beach
    "How about the fact that I have no eldritch energies about me?"
    He indeed had no eldritch energy around him. Just a strange type of arcanic energy that one might mistake for that of a god's energy.
    'John' flies with Eadin, raising his hand up. A blue ball of energy begins to form above it. He aims his hand at the biggest lobster beast and shoots it at him. It's basically a magic missile.
    "SUCK ON THAT!"
    He aimed both his hands at the biggest lobster and begins to shoot more of those magic missiles at it in rapid succession while flying around it, dodging its attacks.
    Elder Immortals be danged if he wouldn't help a woman who's love is in danger.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-08-11 at 06:13 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Null Zone

The half-elf smiles, the tattoo covering his face appearing to wiggle its legs and coil its tails tighter. "That's good to hear. Follow us; Terrowin knows where we're going."

Meanwhile, Terrowin in his chitinous armour walks down a street, seemingly chosen at random.

WATCHTOWER

In the main room, a glass orb on a table continues to flash regularly.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!