New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

MagCave

Saurous comes to a skidding halt at the Cave's entrance, sighing at the sight of Moon trying to kill the shoggoth with a sword. Hopefully she won't get her face melted off before he can properly intervene.

The necromancer looks at his spellbook for a few seconds more, making a few gestures with his free hand. A shell of green energy encloses itself around his form before vanishing, as he presumably casts some sort of spell for corrosion resistance. Time will tell if it does any good against the shoggoth.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Slums

The Kobold let's out a gust of steam from a vent on it's helmet and sticks to Underdark.

"<Hello Beckett, I am Nach'tt. A safe place? Could we come with?>"

The Wolfhound sniffs at Iriel and grins that silly dog grin of friendliness before turning and sniffing at something foul too.

"<This is Mitta, my companion.>"

Nach'tt seems uneasy at Underdark as well, but is currenctly more concerned with Mitta's reaction. She can apparently smell some of awhat Iriel can.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the MagCave]

So let's make sure I never missed anything, shall we?
    • Two jets of flame from the MagSquid.
    • One demon charging.
    • One Spike being shot.
    • And one BFS being swung by Moon Called.

I believe that's everything.

Something like that I hope. The ugly purple thing that looks remarkably like Magtok is the squid by the way.

So first of all, the fire. The shoggoth thins out as it hurls itself toward the MagSquid. A good sized chunk will be wreathed in flame, but the remainder will continue on its path.

The demon... does provide any sort of distraction. Anywhere it contacts the shoggoth the icky, black goop will try to bond to the demon and start melting it down and absorbing it at a rapid pace.

The spike likewise has little effect. In fact, if it doesn't just pass through it will be absorbed as well.

Moon may be in trouble. He attack cuts the part of the shoggoth attached to the ground off, but the remaining mini shoggoth will be stuck to Moon's sword and quickly spread toward her. Saurous' spell does much to protect her, and possibly her weapon, but it won't be able to stop Moon being melted for long. Best not let it touch her flesh.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-08-11 at 07:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Something like that, as long as you factored in that the pod that's shooting the spike has some sort of weird connection to Cthulhu that it's drawing on.

Harin will shift into his mist form, and produce a rapidly expanding ball of flames from things that look vaguely like his hands. Hopefully it'll smack the Shoggoth.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

MagCave

Moon Called's sword and the steel armour that encases her sizzle for a moment as the shoggoth goop spreads across it. Only a moment, that is, before the lenses covering the eye-slits of her helmet flash with a low, red light. With the moment of reprieve Saurous' spell grants her, the ward has time to activate. The red light shimmers and begins to spread like water over the ice elf's armour and onto her sword. Soon, she is encased in a gently glowing red light. The ward acts as an impenetrable layer. It sizzles and roils under the shoggoth's touch, but it seems to hold up.
    For now, at least.

Under her helmet, Moon Called grins. She was enjoying this. It was more of a challenge than she'd experienced for a long time. She skids to a stop, whirling her sword around in the air above her head. This is to serve two functions. Firstly, to shake the shoggoth goop off the blade, and secondly, to cause one of the blade's enchantments to activate. The blade bursts into fire, super-heating the steel until it begins to glow a dull cherry under the ward. Using the momentum of the blade's spin, Moon Called lets it turn her around and launch her towards the shoggoth. She swings at the remainder of the creature, the flame burning an arc in the air.

((Edit: Urk, forgot to post for the rest of you. Just a tic.))
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-08-11 at 07:38 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

[MagCave]

Trying to draw power from Cthulhu is a horribly horribly stupid thing to. Words do not do justice to how dumb of an idea this is. The poor fool channeling power from Cthulhu is very likely to have his mind ripped form his body and nommed by Ol' Squid-Beard.

Right about...

Now.

[Trog's Tavern]

Allen shoves the table over. The Cyst screams for about a dozen rotting mouths before rolling toward him like a living avalanche of decaying meat and squelching fluids that will remain unsubscribed.

Several tendrils of greasy skin and teeth and hair lash out from the tumor and aim to burrow into Allen.

[Streets]

A wall thrown up Andy manages to save the next intended victim of the Cyst, neatly blocking its lashing tendrils of filth. If those Order guys feel like killing some starspawn and accompanying zombies then now would be an awesome time to do that.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #187

Beach
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Beach
    'John' doesn't exactly blink, so I guess she's just sitting there.
    "How about the fact that I could have appeared behind you and ripped your throat out without having to lure you into a false sense of security? And the fact that I'm not exactly crazy looking."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Beach]
    "You might not know, but eldritch like to play with their food. And are pretty good at shapeshifting."Eadin tells "John", not really trusting him.
    She turns to Ace. "You're right, we should get away from the source of these - Oh damn it!"

It takes a while, but Eadin has finally noticed her literal soulmate is in trouble.
    Can't leave that boy alone for one minute.
    She sighs and turns to Ace. "Apologies, the boyfriend needs saving."Casting another suspicious look at "John".
    And with that she runs off, letting their connection guide her.

Doesn't take long before she sees him, dangling upside down.
    "Damnit , Gal. Could you try staying alive a little harder?"
    She tries to evade the lobster monsters dancing around the bigger creep, sending waves of water to try and slice them in half.
    A bigger wave of water is bended into a tentacle sort of thing, trying to catch Galinai before he falls down.
    Beach
    "How about the fact that I have no eldritch energies about me?"
    He indeed had no eldritch energy around him. Just a strange type of arcanic energy that one might mistake for that of a god's energy.
    'John' flies with Eadin, raising his hand up. A blue ball of energy begins to form above it. He aims his hand at the biggest lobster beast and shoots it at him. It's basically a magic missile.
    "SUCK ON THAT!"
    He aimed both his hands at the biggest lobster and begins to shoot more of those magic missiles at it in rapid succession while flying around it, dodging its attacks.
    Elder Immortals be danged if he wouldn't help a woman who's love is in danger.

"Oh, of course. You start threatening us without even introducing us. What a fantastic start to relations." Ace observes dryly as John and Eadin both go running off. The magician watches them for a few moments, before shrugging and looking down at Basta. "So you think we should wait for them or just get moving? I mean, it looks like they've got things covered. I'm not wasting any spells if I don't have to."

Basta, for her part, peers at Ace for a moment, looks at John, and meows.

Ace sighs. "You're right. It would be totally negligent of me to leave her alone with him." Pulling a deck of cards from thin air, Ace settles back and watches the mermaid and the magical prince blast away at the lobsters, shuffling all the while.

Slums
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Slums

Iriel tries to hide behind Beckett a bit, and seems intimidated by the kobold of power and it's big dog, too.

At least they're talking instead of gibbering. Or trying to eat them.

She covers her nose as the stench of something far worse than death reaches her nostrils. Looking at the others... she does not thing anyone else smelt it. Is she smelling things? Olfactory hallucinations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Slums

The Kobold let's out a gust of steam from a vent on it's helmet and sticks to Underdark.

"<Hello Beckett, I am Nach'tt. A safe place? Could we come with?>"

The Wolfhound sniffs at Iriel and grins that silly dog grin of friendliness before turning and sniffing at something foul too.

"<This is Mitta, my companion.>"

Nach'tt seems uneasy at Underdark as well, but is currenctly more concerned with Mitta's reaction. She can apparently smell some of awhat Iriel can.

Beckett frowns, focusing on Nach'tt's words - it did say it's name was Natch'tt, right? He was pretty sure it did - with an intense concentration. He'd only just started picking up Underdark.
    "Um... <Safe. Yes. This way.>" He says, motioning for the kobold and the wolfhound to follow them.
    He doesn't seem to notice what Iriel is smelling. If it's important, then hopefully it'll kick in soon, because the group is going to be at their location very soon.

Trog's Tavern

"Y'know," Allen observes, "you remind me o' a guy I used'ta know." The cowboy says as he rolls out of the way of the attack, firing off two shots from his revolver as he does so. When he comes to a stop, he stands and ducks into a booth-table. "Actually, can y'hear me? Because if y'can't that's takin' away half o' the fun!" He loads two shots into the revolver, filling the empty chambers, before putting one of his booted feet up on the table and getting ready to leap out of the way of the giant tumour's next attack.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

8. - Top - End - #188

[Trog's Tavern]

Allen made a new friend!

How very nice.

The rounds blast a pair of bullet sized holes in the mound of meat, causing little real obvious harm. It... may not be able to hear him. It looks like it's just a mindless undead of some ki-

"Join us in our torment!" wheezes a dozen mouths all at once at the Cyst heaves the whole of its bulk at the cowboy in a pretty impressive display of speed and agility.

Geeze!

That thing moves fast for a giant rotting meatball!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chances are, what Mitta is smelling is not quite what Iriel is smelling. Iriel is, in fact, having an olfactory hallucination. Mitta, however, has a much more sensitive nose; and so might be smelling a rotted corpse in the area...

...or maybe something worse.

Actually, Mitta might be smelling Iriel. She smells kind of funny to the dog's high-quality nose. Like she's just not quite human... just a bit off. Also, scared. She is spewing out "scared" pheromones like a lawn sprinkler. Poor girl.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

MagCave

Saurous makes another gesture with his free hand before quickly sliding his spellbook back into its spot. A small flash of light and a soft pop accompany his casting. I guess we'll see what that did in a moment.

With that done, the necromancer takes two steps out of the MagCave before raising his skeletal claw towards the shoggoth. He shouts something in some arcane tongue, causing a wave of black energy to emerge from his hand and fly at the offending abomination. The spell sizzles as it arcs through the air, and it causes all the moisture to evaporate from the portions of the shoggoth that it comes into contact with as it passes by.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gersemi's]

It was just... gone.
    Reinholdt floats there for a bit, in the air above the water.
    No... not gone. There was something sticking up.
    The roof of the old barn. The entire island seems to have been submerged.

Reinholdt dives into the water and flies around under it for a bit, peeking into the barn and what was left of the cabin, but there was no sign of... anyone. It's as if they had never been there.

Resurfacing, Reinholdt doesn't stick around. Maybe they got away in a boat. Maybe another dimension. Maybe... not...

It didn't matter. There was nothing to be done about it. Giving a quick look around and seeing no boats, and not wanting to stick around for whatever fishmen might have smelled him, Reinholdt then teleports to

[GLoG]

Where he heads into the grounds and cabins, looking around for people.
    "HELLO?! Anyone here?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #192

Trog's Tavern

As the giant, rancid tumour hurls itself at Allen, the cowboy hops up onto the table, crossing over it and onto the booth on the other side. He pauses a moment, one leg in the next booth and one squatting on the back of the bench, twisting to bring both his guns to bear. He takes a moment, lining up a shot and firing them, one from each weapon, before he drops down into the booth. The bullets hurtle through the air, right towards the cysts' screaming maws.
    "Thank ye fer th' offer!" Allen calls out, dropping under the table and turning to face back towards where the tumour was. "But 'mmafraid I'm gonna hafta turn y'down. Been there, tried that, got better things t'do with m'time."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

13. - Top - End - #193

Outside

"When all else fails, retreat!"

A wise man once said that. Not a particularly respected or courageous one, but a guy who lived quite a long while. MagSquid might have inherited his master's arrogance and ego, but even it knows that discretion is the better half of valor. So without hesitation, it decides to flutter upwards and back the hell off, hoping these other goons can stop the shoggoth while it burns the air above the foul beast with its flame-throwing tentacles.

Psi

Magtok rolls his eyes. Even now, with the end of the world staring back at him, little things like Psi's speech mannerisms still managed to get under his skin.

"Permission granted. What do you want, Psi? And could you do this fast? I've got really important things to panic about right now."

Edijar

Magtok opens his mouth, intending to say something promisingly loud and passionate about how living in chaos is far less cowardly than running off to give up and die a martyr, but opts against it.The only person who'd hear has already made up his mind.

"Fine. Fine, whatever. I'll go along with it. Do we at least get to keep your comrade, or does she have a deathwish too?"

Honestly, he has no idea who Missy is or if she'd even be remotely useful, but as long as she's here, she's one less role model for people looking to just end it all in a tentacled freak's intestinal tract.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Edijar - MagCave

"Honestly? She probably has a deathwish too."
    Edijar admits with a shrug. "But, she's somewhat more sensible than I am. Before any of this happens though, I'll help do the runs to the supply caches. Maybe it'll even give us time for some other fools to attack Squidface over there and soften him up a bit."

AMEN

The pyroclastic cloud washes over Wolfy, but he ignores it even as it seems to strip away his fur, skin and muscle layer by layer. With a roar of anguish, he suddenly explodes into a massive wave of energy, his physical body gone.

But that doesn't mean he's dead.

As the wave of energy washes over the area, D_Lord will feel it imposing powerful locks on the dimension he's in, trying to trap and exorcise the Elder Evil from this realm.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside MagCave]

And the squid is out of reach. D= Oh well, the Shoggoth will have to content itself with eating those on the ground.

Harin no doubt explodes messily from his foolish mistake, so no worries there. Furthermore, the fireballs are avoided as the shoggoth returns to the ground quickly.

Saur's attack seems to do little. A portion of the shoggoth looks drier, but it doesn't seem to slow it all that much.

And now for Moon Called, the most relevant person still in the fight. The mini shoggoth on her sword id toasted nicely. Fire is a good choice it seems. The proper shoggoth thins itself where the blade slices into it, the fire doing a lot of damage to what it hits. The rest of the shoggoth shoots forward around the blade, tendrils reaching for each limb. With any luck it will soon have Moon fully enveloped.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[MagCave]

"Unit would like to offer services for anything she might be required for. Foreign Interaction Devices are all fully capable in computing, communication, information management, and basic combat."

The girl remains silent for a moment. "Such offering notwithstanding, information regarding the current situation is required and would be appreciated."

[Inside - A small unnamed pub]

"The end of times, huh? The end of everything... nothing we can do... Damn. That really sucks, doesn't it?"

Anyu chugs the last of the glass. The effects of the alcohol are slowly setting in, but as long as she's still awake, it doesn't really matter, does it? She just stares at the bottom of the empty glass for a moment.

"Say, barkeep? Is there more of this? 'Nother round."

"Here you go, young lady," says the pub owner, who's standing behind the bar cleaning a glass in a stereotyped "bartender" fashion. "On the house."

"How kind. I hope you're not just trying to get something in return, though."

"Not at all," says the man. "It's just... well, I'm glad you're here, spending the last night of our lives with me. At this point in my life I always figured the last night... I'd be alone. I'm glad I have someone."

Anyu smiles. And then she looks down at the glass again. "Alone..." a tear falls down her face. "You know, I can't even count all the men I've been with. They're so easy to manipulate, these men. I always knew what they wanted, and then it was a matter of letting them know what I wanted." The young witch snaps her fingers. "Just like that. Always there when I wanted one.

It's kind of sad, but... with that being the case I just never realized how truly alone I always was."

"Hmmm."

"Interesting. The last day on the Mortal Planes and I'm spending it with a stranger."

The bartender laughs. He puts the glass down, walks to the front of the bar and sits next to her, pouring himself a glass. "Well, let's pretend we know each other, then. Maybe we can be friends when we get up there?"

Anyu laughs. Loudly. "Oh, you're such a cute old man. No, I'm sorry. I don't think that's where I'm going after this."

"Well, that.... would be a shame."

"It's too bad. So... let's enjoy these last couple of hours, shall we?"

"Let's."

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Edijar - MagCave

AMEN

The pyroclastic cloud washes over Wolfy, but he ignores it even as it seems to strip away his fur, skin and muscle layer by layer. With a roar of anguish, he suddenly explodes into a massive wave of energy, his physical body gone.

But that doesn't mean he's dead.

As the wave of energy washes over the area, D_Lord will feel it imposing powerful locks on the dimension he's in, trying to trap and exorcise the Elder Evil from this realm.
    Don't really know how locks are going to kick D out, and D has currently way too much stuff from this dimension intertwined with it's body to be kicked out without a full complete complicated and long rite. Also D is still on fire that burning time, and if time is burning why can't energy burn too.

Gmmmmm Gmmmm

Looks like D is moving out, now that Wolfy doesn't have a physical form any more. The orange cloud is still out there and blowing with the breeze. Things better hope that the wind doesn't blow that orange hot death their way.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

18. - Top - End - #198

MagCave

As the tendrils begin to wrap around the blade, Moon Called releases it. The blade goes flying, taking the tendrils of corruption with it. The blade is still on fire, so they might not be able to hold on as it turns once in the air before embedding itself in the ground hilt-up. Moon Called, herself, twists her feet, turning her momentum so she is moving to the opposite side of the shoggoth in a cartwheel. Cartwheeling in platemail sounds difficult, I wonder how much work she put into that move?

Once Moon Called has gained some distance from the shoggoth, she comes to a stop. Bending her knees, she holds her arms like she were about to swing her sword. The blade, still embedded in the ground, flashes red and dematerializes in a poof of flame and smoke, reappearing in the ice elf's hands. She sags a bit from the weight before righting her balance. Holding the sword vertically over her shoulder, the flames lick ineffectually at the ward over her armour. Moon Called laughs in a craze of blood-frenzy as she charges the shoggoth, slicing downwards.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside MagCave

Saurous raises an eyebrow. That...didn't quite have the impressive effect that he was expecting. He was expecting the shoggoth to dissolve into dust cell-by-cell or shrivel up like a snail covered in salt or something. The necromancer makes a mental note to study the physiology of shoggoths a little more closely later.

A thought suddenly strikes him. That may not have been the shoggoth-shriveling spell that he was expecting, but it did still dry it out. And severe dessication does tend to increase the flammability of the affected object by a corresponding amount.

He points a finger at the dried part of the shoggoth, experimentally firing a tight set of beams of searing heat at it.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

[Trog's]

More bullets.

More useless holes.

Does this thing even have any organs? Or at least organs that matter?

Certainly doesn't seem that way.

It gives a disgusting bubbling sound as Allen continues his banter, filth splashing out of slack jaws and oozing from pores. "Are you trying to fight us or amuse us, fleshling?" three of the mouths sneer before rocketing toward Allen, supported by impossibly long spines.

Rotting skull-snake-tendril things!

Probably best not to let those bite you.

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Edijar - MagCave

"Honestly? She probably has a deathwish too."
    Edijar admits with a shrug. "But, she's somewhat more sensible than I am. Before any of this happens though, I'll help do the runs to the supply caches. Maybe it'll even give us time for some other fools to attack Squidface over there and soften him up a bit."
    Magtok bites his lip.

"Phil's going to be coming back here soon. Says he's got a spaceship, wants to flee across the galaxy or something, find an inhabitable planet or terraform the moon or something. He forgets that those things...that they're not limited to just here like us. I don't want to see anyone throw their lives away with him, but I haven't got the time to try to talk him or anyone out. If one of those drops is near his warehouse..."

Are you...are you asking him to nuke the rocket? To crush someone's last hope for survival, just so you can keep everyone here for yourself, Mag?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [MagCave]

"Unit would like to offer services for anything she might be required for. Foreign Interaction Devices are all fully capable in computing, communication, information management, and basic combat."

The girl remains silent for a moment. "Such offering notwithstanding, information regarding the current situation is required and would be appreciated."
    "Sure, Psi. To summarize, Cthulhu's risen from the sea, he's brought friends, and we're all screwed. If we fight, we die. If we hide, we die. If we look at 'im too long, we die. If we trust someone to be who they say they are and not a shoggoth, even if we've known and loved them for years, we...well, I think you get the idea.

Here."

Magtok sighs, presses a hand to his temple, and then pulls a small holographic datapad out of his sleeve for Psi to read. The circumstances are really complicated, and the last thing Maggy wants to do is remind himself of how hopeless things are by explaining it all to someone else.

Outside

"BURN, FOUL DEMON! BURN!"

The MagSquid turns its flamethrowers up, and drifts down just a little, hoping to zip into burning-range of the shoggoth, scorch it a little, and then back up into the air again. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #202

Trog's

As the skulls hurtle towards Allen, the cowboy scrambles out from undercover, knocking the table down with him to use as a shield. Frantically, he races across the floor of Trog's, darting to the other bar counter. He puts his hands up on the counter and vaults over, ducking behind it.

In his new hiding spot, Allen glances around. This strategy had never really failed him before, but right now it was so it was time to try something else.

Something... a little more flammable.

Allen reaches into one of the shelves behind the counter and pulls out a cheep bottle of rum. It was a shame, wasting a good drink like this, but you had to do what you had to do. Opening the bottle, Allen sets it down, and rips off a long strip from the hem of nearby apron. "Y'know, maybe I could try my hand atta little ennertainin'." The cowboy calls out as he tucks the strip of fabric into the bottle. Pulling a lighter from his pocket, he flicks it on and holds the flame to the strip. A moment to let it cook, and...

Allen stands, the Molotov cocktail in his hand. "P'rhaps we c'n settle this o'er some drinks!" He yells, hurling the bottle at the cyst.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

23. - Top - End - #203

[Trog's]

Liberal application of fire usually makes things better.

And in this case it seems to make things better as well!

The flaming grenade bursts on the Cyst, spilling burning fluid all over its body and further igniting the flammable preserving fluids that drip from its fetid form.

Within the span of a few seconds it looks like a huge greasy torch.

A horrific screech fills the air!

And the tavern smells like burning bacon.

The thing falls still as the flames die...

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    [Beach]
    "You might not know, but eldritch like to play with their food. And are pretty good at shapeshifting."Eadin tells "John", not really trusting him.
    She turns to Ace. "You're right, we should get away from the source of these - Oh damn it!"

It takes a while, but Eadin has finally noticed her literal soulmate is in trouble.
    Can't leave that boy alone for one minute.
    She sighs and turns to Ace. "Apologies, the boyfriend needs saving."Casting another suspicious look at "John".
    And with that she runs off, letting their connection guide her.

Doesn't take long before she sees him, dangling upside down.
    "Damnit , Gal. Could you try staying alive a little harder?"
    She tries to evade the lobster monsters dancing around the bigger creep, sending waves of water to try and slice them in half.
    A bigger wave of water is bended into a tentacle sort of thing, trying to catch Galinai before he falls down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Beach

"Oh, of course. You start threatening us without even introducing us. What a fantastic start to relations." Ace observes dryly as John and Eadin both go running off. The magician watches them for a few moments, before shrugging and looking down at Basta. "So you think we should wait for them or just get moving? I mean, it looks like they've got things covered. I'm not wasting any spells if I don't have to."

Basta, for her part, peers at Ace for a moment, looks at John, and meows.

Ace sighs. "You're right. It would be totally negligent of me to leave her alone with him." Pulling a deck of cards from thin air, Ace settles back and watches the mermaid and the magical prince blast away at the lobsters, shuffling all the while.
    Beach
    "How about the fact that I have no eldritch energies about me?"
    He indeed had no eldritch energy around him. Just a strange type of arcanic energy that one might mistake for that of a god's energy.
    'John' flies with Eadin, raising his hand up. A blue ball of energy begins to form above it. He aims his hand at the biggest lobster beast and shoots it at him. It's basically a magic missile.
    "SUCK ON THAT!"
    He aimed both his hands at the biggest lobster and begins to shoot more of those magic missiles at it in rapid succession while flying around it, dodging its attacks.
    Elder Immortals be danged if he wouldn't help a woman who's love is in danger.

[Beach -> Docks]

It's wonderful how the docks happen to be right next to the beach.
    Works nicely for reunions, consolidating groups, and generally having one's flesh and mind violated by unworldly creatures.

It's a party!

Speaking of parties, we seem to be having one now.
    We've got the fellow up in the air, busily ignoring the claws tearing unpleasant little gouges into his calf, while wriggling and hacking at the other far-too-numerous-claws.
    Then we've got the waist-long silvery haired woman prancing around with the fish-men, applying leaf-blades to faces with what appears to be boredom on her own.

Nice of her to help Galinai up there.
    But then, that's what Eadin and John are for, yes?
    Maybe Ace, if he decides to be useful and less grumpy.

So while Aria dismantles the admittedly not-that-threatening gill folk, these other folks are dealing with the slightly more dangerous things.
    These particular lobster-monsters, thankfully, don't appear to be much more than animals, fluttering around like dragonflies while they try to snip apart their wriggling prey.

This has the nice advantage of them having no real defense whatsoever against scything water and magic missile blasts.
    Hooray! Fish-men and lobster...things are dying like bugs in a fumigation!

Galinai falls, making a somewhat amusing squeaking noise as he is unexpectedly rescued and then falls into a wave.
    "It's not like I'm trying to die, here! It's the apocalypse! Crap happens! Admittedly kind of excessively clawed and crustaceany crap, but still."

Mooks are dead. Brilliant. All is well.

Except, you know, whatever this thing is, it doesn't seem particularly bothered by the other things dying.
    Or the water blades flying around, or the magic missiles.

To be fair, it's extremely hard to tell what it's thinking at all, without a face, or any emotional tells at all.
    But, perhaps it's state of mind can be revealed a bit better when it's arms carry it across the street with all the demented grace of a grounded hummingbird spat through a horror film and turned into an abomination.

Nrktsknlp

It utters a peculiar little sound, before hunching over slightly and snapping an arm out in an attempt to swat Eadin over into a nearby wall.
    The seemingly non-functional fingers along its back abruptly clench the exposed heart-organ, rupturing a side and sending a spray of crimson fluid into the air around John.

Careful, it's not acid.
    It's just flesh-warping. Maybe it makes shoggoths?

[Magcave]

Hopefully the refugees and their guardians have managed to show up before this shoggoth/Magthulhu battle has gotten a little too ugly and doors have been closed.

They would really love to get inside to safety.

Probably screams-of-terror-at-the-monsters-but-sighs-of-relief-at-the-shelter sort of love.
    On the bright side, maybe one of the mages can toss a lightning bolt or two over at the shoggoth, help a little?

Because they will. They've made it this far to safety, no sense in risking it now.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #205

Docks
    'John' flies out of the way of the juices. He flies down to Eadin and her boyfriend.
    "Now would be a wonderful time to teleport the hell out of her, don't you agree?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside The MagCave]

I will point out, Harin was not the one channeling Cthulhu energy. That was the pod. Thus, Harin does not explode messily.

Speaking of which, did it still rip the pods mind out? It's not exactly an AI, more a set of highly reactive programs governed by several directives, first among them to protect the occupant and all nearby non-hostiles.

((I'm fine with it either way, so go ahead and make your choice))

The demon is... Not exactly absorbed into the shoggoth. It wails in pain, and falls down on the ground in a coma, but it can't be killed that way.

It is down to bone in some places, and all of its skin has been stripped off, and that was absorbed, though.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-12 at 05:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207

[Beach]

Eadin stops staring at the monster just in time to evade the arm trying to swat her like a fly.
    She ends up falling in the sand, not a very graceful thing.
    The wave that caught Galinai puts him down on the sand, before lashing out at the monster, freezing into an icy spike. Stab stab the icky thing. Or at least try to.
    Meanwhile, Eadin has gotten over to Gal, examening his leg.
    "You okay? Why are you fighting this thing, we should run! End of the world and all."
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

28. - Top - End - #208

[Beach]

Eadin stops staring at the monster just in time to evade the arm trying to swat her like a fly.
    She ends up falling in the sand, not a very graceful thing.
    The wave that caught Galinai puts him down on the sand, before lashing out at the monster, freezing into an icy spike. Stab stab the icky thing. Or at least try to.
    Meanwhile, Eadin has gotten over to Gal, examening his leg.
    "You okay? Why are you fighting this thing, we should run! End of the world and all."
    "Grab my hand, I'll teleport us out of here."
    He offered her his hand.
    "Once we get to my house I can treat his wounds, I'm a doctor."
    He wasn't really a doctor, he just had a cure moderate wounds spell.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-08-12 at 07:10 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

What a shame. And Kal was totally going to try and grope her through the armor anyway. Well... hawt devil makeouts continue! Seriously, Kal can keep this up all day if he wants to.

[Watchtower]

Kampilan looks at Jakob.
    "Actually, the other three are only sleeping, not bound as Kerambit was, so we no longer require your assistance. However, you may still join us if you wish."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Sure, Psi. To summarize, Cthulhu's risen from the sea, he's brought friends, and we're all screwed. If we fight, we die. If we hide, we die. If we look at 'im too long, we die. If we trust someone to be who they say they are and not a shoggoth, even if we've known and loved them for years, we...well, I think you get the idea.

Here."

Magtok sighs, presses a hand to his temple, and then pulls a small holographic datapad out of his sleeve for Psi to read. The circumstances are really complicated, and the last thing Maggy wants to do is remind himself of how hopeless things are by explaining it all to someone else.
    [MagCave]

"Understood," says Psi. Her stare is blank. Is she even sad? Worried? "Probability of survival registered at 0%. Now loading recommended course of action:

Curling up and expiring is suggested. Suggestion rejected.
    Doing nothing is suggested. Suggestion rejeced.
    Attempting survival as long as possible is suggested. Suggestion accepted.

Length of expected survival is deemed extended if Unit works under Magtok's orders."

With that, Psi is at Magtok's command.