New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Filly Twilight = d'aww

Filly Twilight + flank = diabeetus

I point to the above picture and the 'wiggle-flank' sketch that came from one of the show people a while back for evidence.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'm Bon Bon!

No, I'm Bon Bon!

No, I'm Bon Bon!

I AM SPARTICUS!

And people wonder why I prefer the quiet nerdy one that I can love from afar.
    On a roof top Somewhere in Manehattan stands a green unicorn, in front of her three identical Earth ponies. Each is the perfect image of her one true love. In her telekinetic grasp, she has a loaded gun. The gun slowly turns to the to the earth pony to her left.

"No, Lyra! I'm the real Bon-Bon!"

The gun points to her right.

"Lyra! I'm the real Bon-Bon. You have to shoot them!"

Slowly and shakily from nerves, the gun turns toward the center of the triplets. Tears begin welling in the Earth ponies eyes.

"Lyra," she cries, "please."

Lyra closes her eyes. Two shots ring out to the city.
    Ponies take me really weird places.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-08-11 at 07:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I wear square-lens half frame glasses, and I approve this message.
    As do I, on both counts.

Also, new thread and it's already at ten pages. You ponies are crazy. Fortunately, crazy is what I need right now. I've been thinking. I hate it when that happens.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    On a roof top Someehere in Manehattan stands a green unicorn, in front of her three identical Earth ponies. Each is the perfect image of her one true love. In her telekinetic grasp, she has a loaded gun. The gun slowly turns to the to the earth pony to her left.

"No, Lyra! I'm the real Bon-Bon!"

The gun points to her right.

"Lyra! I'm the real Bon-Bon. You have to shoot them!"

Slowly and shakily from nerves, the gun turns toward the center of the triplets. Tears begin welling in the Earth ponies eyes.

"Lyra," she cries, "please."

Lyra closes her eyes. Two shots ring out to the city.
    Ponies take me really weird places.
    And then Lyra drops the shotgun in surprise at the fireworks. Then Bon Bon, Bon Bon, Lyra, and Bon Bon live happily ever after!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #275

Today sucked.

Lots of minor problems and annoyances combining into one sucktacular day.

Glad to be home. Glad to be in ponytime again.

Pfeh.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Tactical operations (or TacOps) is not an uncommon phrase in military parlance. For example, NORAD (the North American Aerospace Defense Command) is a tactical operations centre. In this case, a lot of the work done by that centre is automated by a computer; the TacOps system, is therefore is the computer system that performs the functions of a tactical operations centre. The adjutant is an artifical intelligence user-interface for this system to the general.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There probably exists a correct phrase for TacOps in Russian, which I don't know. Ah well...
    A system of something is a bunch of something compounded in a system. A system that controls TacOps would be Система Контроля Тактических Операций или Система Управления Тактическими Операциями. Ah well...

Adjutant still sounds too human to me to be the UI AI. But adjusting for progress and frequent use of advanced AI in "the future" I can see how it could work.

That reminded me to search Wikipedia for some phrases. Командный пункт / пост боевого управления would be something akin to Tactical Operations Center.

How about Автоматический Адьютант Системы Боевого Управления (AASBU) (Automatic Adjutant of the System for Battle Control) or something like that?

Cliff Stephenson of Art Membrane here. Ponify your garden today! If life gives you lemons, plant them, surround the garden by a fence, spray ponies on the fence:
    Spoiler
    Show

I have no idea who's the artist and who's the pony. I only know this exists.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Colossus in the Playground

Still no. This, is , I'm afraid, one of those issues where I absolutely will not budge. Not even under threat.

Naming weapons is at best, kind of silly, unless they are magical artifacts of extreme power.

Luke Skywalker doesn't name his lightsabre (actually do jedi or Sith I've ever heard of, outside of the computer games, named their lightsabres), Jack O'Neill doesn't name his P90, Han Solo doesn't name his blaster pistol, Commander Shepherd doesn't name her guns, Jim Raynor doesn't name his rifle, even the fraggin' Space Marines, do not, to my knowledge, name their bolters.
    Jayden: Space Marines don't name their bolters? In 40K? Space Marines PRAY to their bolters.
    Mask: On that note, Rogue Trader last night, the archmilitant gets into a duel with a Deathwatch Apothecary. The Archmilitant is armed with a heavy bolter. To make it sporting, the Marine goes into it with just his fists. Round one he punches off most of the AM's life, round two he shatters a force field with his punch, round three he punches the AM's leg clean off.
    Jayden: He got better! By which we mean new robot legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    On the topic of EVIL ENCHANTRESSES: I agree that Zecora must have fallen right into the uncanny valley for ponies. She's secretive, she has a strange black-white pattern on her fur which she covers up every time she comes into town. Griffons? Oh, yeah, people can understand what griffons are, and little baby dragons, but what is that thing that is almost a pony but not quite a pony?
    Mask: Ah yes, and also: They can't see her cutie mark while she's wearing that cape! Her special talent could be KIDNAPPING PONIES! HOW WOULD WE KNOW?

On the topic of Phoe viruses: Phoe, go punch that virus in the face so hard that it explodes.
    Mask: If Apothecary Duck can punch out a Conversion Field, you can punch out the sickplague!
    On the topic of questions: say that Luna made a reference to Tor Caencelod as a historic place, would you be able to guess what that is? That being ancient Canterlot.
    It's for a fic.
    Charger: The reference seems not too obscure.

On the topic of non-pony stuff: I passed my driving exam!
    Jayden: We are now car driving buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Hey! That was the (endless) night she met Bon Bon. That was a good day! By comparison, losing that really tasty looking sandwich was a tragedy. There was an article about it in the next morning's paper.
    So it's now my fanon that Whadda Scoops is the town reporter and editor of the Ponyville Post and is a bit... misinformed over how important some things are over each other.

After episode two: "Town Welcomes New Librarian."

Green with Envy: "Local Seamstress Interrupts Fashion Show"
    Over a Barrel: Tree Successfully Delivered.

Sonic Rainboom: Local Mare Overcomes Crippling Anxiety, Learns to Cheer.

Feeling Pinkie Keen: Local Pond Overpopulated By Frogs; Game Warden Vows to Find Solution.
    Jayden: This entire... thing is the best. We are adopting it as canon.
    Mask: We missed the episode ones. Let's try some fanfiction!

Chasing Rainbows: Freak rainstorm ruins picnic
    Always Sunny: Gaming convention swindled by apple farmer
    Misted Stage: Allegations of bondage occurring in prison cells, royal guard deny
    Moonlight Over Midnight: Prince Blueblood no longer heir
    Bright New Days: Everything A-OK!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-11 at 06:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Today sucked.

Pfeh.
    Aw. I think I've had days like that. In an attempt to cheer you up, here's Luna as a viking.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/43844

9. - Top - End - #279

GnomeWizardGuy

Today sucked.

Pfeh.
    I'd produce fitting images, but nothing in my folder stands out.
    So I just offer hugs.

Welcome back to the ponythread.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Gah! Another 10 pages in one day? This is ridiculous.
    How do other people cope with the endless onslaught of posts in these threads?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There probably exists a correct phrase for TacOps in Russian, which I don't know. Ah well...
    A system of something is a bunch of something compounded in a system. A system that controls TacOps would be Система Контроля Тактических Операций или Система Управления Тактическими Операциями. Ah well...

Adjutant still sounds too human to me to be the UI AI. But adjusting for progress and frequent use of advanced AI in "the future" I can see how it could work.

If "adjutant" was good enough for Jim Raynor (Starcraft), it's certainly good enough for me!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fizmat
    That reminded me to search Wikipedia for some phrases. Командный пункт / пост боевого управления would be something akin to Tactical Operations Center.

How about Автоматический Адьютант Системы Боевого Управления (AASBU) (Automatic Adjutant of the System for Battle Control) or something like that?

Works for me.

Also the C&C Ponies!

Spoiler
    Show

So much better than the original!

Win.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-11 at 07:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Embrace the ponysanity and it doesn't become an endless onslaught but the nectar that fills your mind with strength. Embrace it as the gift of The Pink One, join us at The Party.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

I wind up skipping about 30-50% of posts here, often when I'm gone longer than a few hours (i.e., overnight) and a half-dozen pages spring up.

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Jayden: This entire... thing is the best. We are adopting it as canon.
    Mask: We missed the episode ones. Let's try some fanfiction!

Chasing Rainbows: Freak rainstorm ruins picnic
    Always Sunny: Gaming convention swindled by apple farmer
    Misted Stage: Allegations of bondage occurring in prison cells, royal guard deny
    Moonlight Over Midnight: Prince Blueblood no longer heir
    Bright New Days: Everything A-OK!
    *snerks* Okay, these made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Aw. I think I've had days like that. In an attempt to cheer you up, here's Luna as a viking.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/43844
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I'd produce fitting images, but nothing in my folder stands out.
    So I just offer hugs.

Welcome back to the ponythread.
    Thanks, guys. I am already starting to feel better, now that I've had a few moments to chill out.

You pick and choose, don't let the sheer number of posts overwhelm you, and unless you're SiuiS, check the last page or two, as opposed to go through *all* the pages.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    I wind up skipping about 30-50% of posts here, often when I'm gone longer than a few hours (i.e., overnight) and a half-dozen pages spring up.
    Jayden: You! Dinnertime in Equestria! It's one of our favourite things! Send it!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

You pick and choose, don't let the sheer number of posts overwhelm you, and unless you're SiuiS, check the last page or two, as opposed to go through *all* the pages.
    Hey, I read all the pages too. Except the airships and the like. I just never respond to anything.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I read all the pages too. Except the airships and the like. I just never respond to anything.
    Likewise here.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Jayden: You! Dinnertime in Equestria! It's one of our favourite things! Send it!
    Hrrrrrmmmm...

Well, I do have most of a week to kill after I move up to the apartment tomorrow. S'pose I can see about finishing it up. Maybe I'll vector up some ponytars or something too.

[EDIT]: No experience with it at all, but the Garry's Mod pony video contest sounds like it could be fun, too...
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-08-11 at 07:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground

Same with me. I've been lurking since whatever thread we were on during the first week of March. I'm not sure which that was but I went back and read however many there were before that too. I skip the RPing but not really anything else.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm in the same boat, mostly. I'll skim for the most part and I look at the image dumps. Otherwise, unless my hipster cents are jingling, I keep to myself.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

15. Lixie's infinite mercy runs out on us unworthies and we are all wiped out.
    Good boy. You may live. For now.

Still no. This, is , I'm afraid, one of those issues where I absolutely will not budge. Not even under threat.
    Phwew. This is good, cause it was an idle threat.

Naming weapons is at best, kind of silly, unless they are magical artifacts of extreme power.
    You're an epic level Lich.
    WHY ARE YOU NOT USING MAGICAL ARTIFACTS OF EXTREME POWER.

...?

How...

But...

How is he less of a jerk than me?!?!

*skullpalm*
    You're affably evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Totally on topic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no Rarity.
    TRAVESTY.

I say again, how many of you would seriously consider naming all of your cups, forks, spoons, plates, hacksaws, screwdrivers (sonic or otherwise), spades, pliers, sheers... It's the same thing.
    My computer is named Kaylee and I have four swords called Drevoc, Keimei, Fauzor and Tempostor.

>_>
    <_<
    (also goes through them all)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Hrrrrrmmmm...

Well, I do have most of a week to kill after I move up to the apartment tomorrow. S'pose I can see about finishing it up. Maybe I'll vector up some ponytars or something too.
    Jayden: Yes! Awesome!

Mask: Ah yes, hope your day gets less bad Esper.

Charger: And as to how we keep up, we silo ourselves; discussion that does not seem relevant to our interests we pass over.
    Mask: By that she means we obsessively scan for our name and ignore everything else.
    Charger: Mask, that is uncharitable. In practise we read 80%+. We do ignore imagedumps, preferring to harvest them ourselves.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-11 at 07:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

To be honest, I was giving *him* advice on how to deal with it. Me? I check every damn page and post.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Sure! You just have to find a very tiny pegasus.
    Tiny Pegasus? Why, we have Ph--

...I'm on the case!
    -- Drat!

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    This meme stopped being funny a while ago, and it's even less funny to somebody who was hurt.
    And here I was hoping my request of direct dialogue would work.

Is it still possible to have Trixie make a thread XX and merge this one onto it? Best of both worlds, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seft Sirag View Post
    What's the pony equivalent to the term 'handwriting'?

I considered 'penmanship' as an alternative, but ponified that becomes 'penponyship', which not only looks awkward but, thanks largely to this thread, makes me think of Twilight Sparkle starting a relationship with her quill.
    Good catch on penmanship. It's what I would have suggested.

Cursive?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    They all came there because they heard it was such a fabulous hangout spot, with nice warm currents and such a picturesque little fisherpony hamlet, and now they are scaring away all the fish, being navigation hazards and generally ruining everypony's day?
    I want this written. I'll do it poorly myself if I have to. (that's supposed to be a threat by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Okay, so, I really want to get in on all the pony-based fanfiction. However, I really don't want to have to go sifting through the MASSIVE library of ponyfics for the good ones. Can someone point me to a good place to start with? Perhaps a required reading list to know what folks are talking about in this thread?
    Thread 19, first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Oi, only the mane cast is crazy ( it seems to be a side effect of chaneling vast amounts of magic). Its just that ponyville is a frontier type town, and that the ponys are gulible.
    Edit.
    All hail the god princess of ponykind!
    Ponyville can't be a frontier town. It's been established long enough for it to reach it's current size sans magic. There's a massive tree which was old enough to be converted into a house. That takes time, since plants as licit creatures still grow the old fashioned way.

That, and Ponyville is less than a day's travel from the new capital, the old capital and a thriving industrial city.

Hey! That was the (endless) night she met Bon Bon. That was a good day! By comparison, losing that really tasty looking sandwich was a tragedy. There was an article about it in the next morning's paper.
    Hey, it takes a REALLY long time to make sandwiches with hooves!
    You could use your unicorn telekinesis.
    ... SWEET CELESTIA I'M A UNICORN? *Why didn't anypony tell me!?
    Edit @ Phoe: I'd always assumed that they'd met long before Twilight came to town.
    Delicious Sandwich Stolen by Swarm, Town also Destroyed
    by Whadda Scoops
    Oh wow, you guys. That's not fair!

See, Lix? Beat-up is an awesome move, you've just got to keep sucker punching your target and not give them time to recover.

I wonder, maybe that's why Lyra isn't getting any gigs? She switched to playing via magic, and has to train up a new set of 'fingers'. In short, she's a functionally rank amateur.

Except that she's clearly waving at Twilight while she's running about looking for her Elements of Harmony book in Canterlot.*

I added another 400 words to the story I'm writing that explains all of this.
    I'm writing
    Squee!~

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    This I wouldn't call "So much win" so much as Ron Stoppable's catch phrase of, "That is sick and wrong."
    Not the story, the background.
    Beetejuice's shrunken head.
    Bottle of gummy cola.
    Flava flav's rhymin dictionary.
    Loving and tolerating your racist friends.
    Swahili for canadians.

The story is kind of Blegh though.

Last one before class:

"Town Stunned when Royal Guard Breaks out in Laughter"
    IT WAS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME SLIP >:(

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    The attack isn't that great, but not terrible either. *Especially with that high defense and stab for Earthquake. *Then there is Gyroball, a steel move wherein the slower you are compared to your opponent, the more damage you do.
    See, here's the thing. I'm an old-timer. A real one; from back when there were rumors you could command a dragon name pyromander in this cool game about subjugating monsters in the wild.
    We did have held items, or innate abilities, or even a well defined effort value system; people still thought it was neat that you got bonus skills from fighting the elite four. Special was one stat for attack and defense, and and unlike nowadays, stuff like razorleaf and vine whip used special, despite being physical attacks.

So I have almost no frame of reference for a lot of it. I've only been through Emerald once; eddy other game I played so often they stopped working proper. All of my reference points come from a place of ignorance, where some of us believed if you danced backwards under a full moon in July, and talked to your mom thirty-seven times after beating the elite four exactly twice, you could unlock a togepi and evolve it into a chansey.

That sounds really harsh/mean now that I reread it, but it was intended to be humorous. You kids and your deep understanding of mechanics; I feel like all of my arguments boil down to "well, it was a good character build back when we used thac0..." XD

! *How long did you spend in the Viridian Forest?! *I mean, getting to level 100 fighting level 3 weedles sounds like the most tedious thing ever!
    Seventeen hours got him to level 83, and then I sort of zoned out. Me and my cousin switched back and forth.

In all that time, we saw one pikachu. one. At our level, he was uncatchable too.

On your Kingdra comment, yeah, its whole thing is it is slightly above average in everything, and only weak to Dragon type moves. *This is boosted by Swift Swim, its special ability, which either doubles or triples (forget which) its speed in rain.
    Cool. If he were prettier, I'd probably use him. Or rebuild my old team for nostalgia's sake.
    ... Man. Liking fluttershy, wanting to play the pokemons, what are you people doing to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    My brothers made a forced convert of me. *Just finished episode 7.

"But that rainbow one kicked me"
    Attacking a dragon=bad idea Rainbow Dash.
    And your avatar already fits the theme, for various levels of creepy implications ;D
    And RD's vigorous nod when the dragon says this? Me and Rainbow Dash are Buds4Life.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Image dumps! So sweet and tasty! Image dumps! Don't be too hasty!
    Image dumps! Image dumps! Imaaaaage dumps!
    That reminds me. I think I managed to unconvert someone. He was going through the Aphrodite scene In God of War III, and made a crack. I responded with, as sultry/car-salesman-ish as possible "Cupcakes: so sweet, and tasty."

Poor guy had all sorts of brain bleach needing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    And another.

What celestia does when she has nothing to do.

I am sorry before-hand for any nightmares this may cause... hey, I made a pun!
    This is awesome. It's not Best Thing, but still awesome. I must find context to use this...

I'm... um... excuse me for a minute. I have to go and... um... not save this to my hard drive. Yes, that's the ticket. >.>
    Oh thank goodness, I thought it was just me.

And while I could list chapter and verse about how military organisations and the personnel therein do not name their issued weapons I am at this point flogging a dead...okay, bad phrase to use in ponythread...um I have already made my point. Non-unique weapon do not, nor should not need names, because at the end of the day, a weapon is a tool, just like any other. It has no spiritual significance in it's function, unless given one by the creator or wielder (and this is then merely an embellishment). I say again, how many of you would seriously consider naming all of your cups, forks, spoons, plates, hacksaws, screwdrivers (sonic or otherwise), spades, pliers, sheers... It's the same thing.
    According to a friend who's retired(?) infantry, he was required to name his rifle. But I'm not sure if he was fibbing or not.

Today sucked.

Pfeh.
    Welcome back. Enjoy your stay. Your sanity will be cleaned, polished, perfumed, and returned upon exiting the thread.

-

Commodore: forgive me. Not saying "play along with the weapons thing" so much as saying shooting at the scenario that's trying to make you decide isn't viable. At worst, in that scenario, you could say "the left/right one", so I figured you were in the clear.

Raz_Fox: I got it, but I kept second-guessing myself, because tor is used in a lot of fantasy stories to mean hill. And also because my mind kept inserting "caephalopod" and I just couldn't shake it. The spelling should be enough to infer what you're getting at.

Other ponies: drat. Can't remember what i was... Ah well.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And then IMAGES.

Spoiler
    Show

The Celestia is all weird but...but...dat filly Twilight.

I believe somepony ordered glasses?
    Paunchy filly Twilight is extra adorable, somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Yep! That's actually the fic that got me to like her so. I felt really bad for her during the story though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Can't believe I missed that one.

I saw that one, though.

Everypony needs to watch this video. Incredible awesomeness lies within. And this one.
    And then they were all colts!

I'm... um... excuse me for a minute. I have to go and... um... not save this to my hard drive. Yes, that's the ticket. >.>
    Yes, yes...my evil plan is progressing nicely. Now I just need to find some tiny ponies so I can harness their squee-causing powers...

Jayden: Space Marines don't name their bolters? In 40K? Space Marines PRAY to their bolters.
    Mask: On that note, Rogue Trader last night, the archmilitant gets into a duel with a Deathwatch Apothecary. The Archmilitant is armed with a heavy bolter. To make it sporting, the Marine goes into it with just his fists. Round one he punches off most of the AM's life, round two he shatters a force field with his punch, round three he punches the AM's leg clean off.
    Jayden: He got better! By which we mean new robot legs.
    New robot parts solve everything! How do you think I got to where I am today?

[/SPOILER]

Also the C&C Ponies!

Spoiler
    Show

Win.
    SO. MUCH. AWESOME. BRAIN. ASPLODE.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

So I haven't posted in a while.

Here's an update on My Little Pony: Budding Friendships.

We've got not one, but TWO tileset artists and we're kind of making a push towards something mildly playable. I worked out some bits of the UI and the tileset artists have been churning stuff out at a ridiculous rate.

Anyway, here's some stuff:

Spoiler
    Show
    My current day/night wheel:

The player's house in its run-down state:

Also, weird stuff. Somehow our main character ended up on Ponibooru. Looks like some random guy just kinda uploaded it, cause I know I didn't. And who's Pete?

EDIT: I'm also trying to work out the details of crops. Cost to buy, time to grow, price when sold and all that. It's remarkably hard to get started on this.
    Last edited by Khosan; 2011-08-11 at 08:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Phwew. This is good, cause it was an idle threat.

You're an epic level Lich.
    WHY ARE YOU NOT USING MAGICAL ARTIFACTS OF EXTREME POWER.
    I have a fleet of starships, guns that shoot elemental cold like frozen lasers and a rocket launcher. Why would I need magical artifacts of extreme power?

(Okay, I'll grant you, I'm not gonna say no to any that come my way, but I don't really need them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    You're affably evil.
    Some versions of Megatron are...no, no you have a point.

Starscream, on the other hand, is fracking awesome in his best incarntaions. (I.e. not the original cartoon, but the UK Marvel comics and Transformers Animated.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    My computer is named Kaylee and I have four swords called Drevoc, Keimei, Fauzor and Tempostor.
    My Earth-bound computer, if it has a name, would either be it's network desingnation (YouBastard3, and it's past computers, YouBastard and YouBastardToo), though it most commonly called the Iron Idiot. In all cases, they deserved the designation.

I imagine your swords are unique, therefore requiring some form of additional idenfication. I also note that you don't appear to name your cutlery, though...[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Commodore: forgive me. Not saying "play along with the weapons thing" so much as saying shooting at the scenario that's trying to make you decide isn't viable. At worst, in that scenario, you could say "the left/right one", so I figured you were in the clear.
    I shall magnanimously forgive you; as you may have noted, it is one of those topics that gets me all...twitchy...

28. - Top - End - #298
    Banned

What wait what huh? That was Alterform's work?
    Oh man, wow. Do it Alterform! Do it!

Also, THANQOL!
    I will fish the carpet out of the river, fish your body out of the carpet, bring you back from drowning and berate you!
    I can see how I can progress to Moe's style of work. See, we are used to drawing lines, hen putting color in the lines. Painting is sort of drawing lines, then ignoring them in favor of putting blobs of paint on top of everything.

But see, here's the deal. I can learn this. me. SiuiS. Theguy who can't use a tablet because it doesn't behave like my pencil.
    You have none of the hang-ups. None. You won't need to unlearn anything. It would be a travesty if you got so ingrained in yor current art process that you had to backtrack instead of affront while your potential is nebulous and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    So I haven't posted in a while.

Here's an update on My Little Pony: Budding Friendships.

We've got not one, but TWO tileset artists and we're kind of making a push towards something mildly playable. I worked out some bits of the UI and the tileset artists have been churning stuff out at a ridiculous rate.

Anyway, here's some stuff:

Spoiler
    Show
    My current day/night wheel:

The player's house in its run-down state:

Also, weird stuff. Somehow our main character ended up on Ponibooru. Looks like some random guy just kinda uploaded it, cause I know I didn't. And who's Pete?

EDIT: I'm also trying to work out the details of crops. Cost to buy, time to grow, price when sold and all that. It's remarkably hard to get started on this.
    Nice. I can't wait to give this a go.
    For the numbers, had you tried extrapolating from the original games? Make a chart in Excel which cross-references cost to buy, growing time, and cost to sell. I'm sure there will be obvious trends once you do. From there its all a matter of conversion to bits and suchlike.

-

On guileless cats: you remember the movie Land Before Time? Buttermilk is like spike. If it weren't for the obvious genetics displays, I'd swear he was a dog. I think because of his eye, and how much I coddled him, he just never grew up. He's still a kitten. A 15-16 pound, solid muscle kitten.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry to hear your day sucked, Esper.

Also, Droid, care to share with me what the typos and missed words were?
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-11 at 08:34 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

30. - Top - End - #300

My Earth-bound computer, if it has a name, would either be it's network desingnation (YouBastard3, and it's past computers, YouBastard and YouBastardToo), though it most commonly called the Iron Idiot. In all cases, they deserved the designation.

I imagine your swords are unique, therefore requiring some form of additional idenfication. I also note that you don't appear to name your cutlery, though..
    Mask: Ah, computer names, the one piece of technology I can get behind naming. We've possessed Thief of Breath, our old Primary, who got switched out for Inspired, our high-powered beast, and Continuity our laptop. We also named Walk the Maze for an ancient computer renowned for it's labyrinthine filing system and deluge of viruses

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    Also, THANQOL!
    I will fish the carpet out of the river, fish your body out of the carpet, bring you back from drowning and berate you!
    I can see how I can progress to Moe's style of work. See, we are used to drawing lines, hen putting color in the lines. Painting is sort of drawing lines, then ignoring them in favor of putting blobs of paint on top of everything.

But see, here's the deal. I can learn this. me. SiuiS. Theguy who can't use a tablet because it doesn't behave like my pencil.
    You have none of the hang-ups. None. You won't need to unlearn anything. It would be a travesty if you got so ingrained in yor current art process that you had to backtrack instead of affront while your potential is nebulous and fresh.
    Carpet? River? What -? Oh! No, no, you misunderstand. Jayden got rid of an old ratty carpet for me in exchange for me keeping quiet.

Jayden: What kind of person, exactly, do you think I am?

Charger: Either way, you make a good point. We still do not see how the process is possible - as far as our imagination goes, Moe just wills images directly onto paper - but we imagine we can learn. The scale of that learning process and the time spent investigating painting techniques is intimidating, however, and best delayed till after a point when we are not committed to other studies.