New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Is Irbis still around?

I miss his particular taste in fanart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I think he lurks at most; he hasn't been posting for some time. I miss his happiness post, too.
    Broke arm. Was kinda hard to type with one finger.

Not that anyone needs me now seeing how much happiness this thread already has
    Above Us Only Sky

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Jayden: Alright. Doomsday global friendship-based apocalypse coming in from the sky. Obvious answer is to fill the one responsible for it with electricity but he's off fighting even worse monsters. Who's got a plan!?

Mask: Take credit.

Jayden: What?

Mask: We take credit. That's what the Lich is after. Recognition. If we take credit for his plan to destroy the world...

Jayden: ... You might be on to something.

*Clears throat*

ATTENTION PONYTHREAD! I, Jayden the Griffon, have taken complete control of the Orbital Friendship Cannon network. Those who do not shower gifts and praise upon me shall be destroyed when I bring about the end of all things. As my first order of business, I demand that everypony name all their cutlery! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Jayden: Alright. Doomsday global friendship-based apocalypse coming in from the sky. Obvious answer is to fill the one responsible for it with electricity but he's off fighting even worse monsters. Who's got a plan!?

Mask: We take credit. That's what the Lich is after. Recognition. If we take credit for his plan to destroy the world...

*Clears throat*

ATTENTION PONYTHREAD! I, Jayden the Griffon, have taken complete control of the Orbital Friendship Cannon network. Those who do not shower gifts and praise upon me shall be destroyed when I bring about the end of all things. As my first order of business, I demand that everypony name all their cutlery! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!
    We gonna need bigger guns aren't we?
    Eeyup.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

I'm almost hesitant to offer after the... fiasco last time, but consider Leo on board for stopping the OFCs, unless somepony doesn't want him involved.

And you promise not to leave him in a crater for week.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

*Quietly activates maximum security protocols on the bunker door*

Good luck guys! I have total faith in you!
    Now to build some robots to update the thread for me when you lot get wiped out

Uhhhh, You kind of left me out here. Hello? Are you hearing me?

Poop.

Well I guess I'm volunteering my services.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground

Woke up with an atrocious headache today. Lovely. Thankfully today is a day where I don't have to do much or much to do, so I'm just gonna relax and enjoy myself.

*snip briliance*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    *snip brilliance*
    Y'know, this is what I love about this thread. We feed off of each others creativity. These are absolutely brilliant, and I've copied them down onto a text file so that I don't forget them when I'm writing.

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    You need to compile this when it's finished and submit it as a fanfic or something like that. Maybe add a little bit of story at the end where it is revealed somepony was actually going to follow this advice for a date. Then a concerned friend shoves the book under Spike's nose and tickles him with a feather.
    Technically, that's what I'll be doing. Just with more parasprite infestations and tea made from poison joke. ("The barista found these plants in the Everfree Forest, and made an absolutely delightful tea from them!")

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY INTERNETS.

You just made my day when I was browsing through this in class. Back to lurking.
    Hee. I'm glad I could do that. Actually, coming up with this idea helped cheer me up yesterday, so glad I could pay it forwards a bit.

You don't know how much that made me squee, considering I been following Nerfnow for quite some time. The haters are out in full force in the comment box though.

Seriously, what's the big deal? Jo (Nerfnow's artist) would probably forget about ponies after this but they seemed intent on flaming bronies.
    Because people are jerks, and there's probably a certain level of paranoia over "OMG PONIES ARE EVERYWHERES".

Charger: @ Esper: We tried those photographs for you. It was a beautiful night for it; the moon was full and so bright it was like standing beneath a streetlight, even atop a mountain in a forest. Unfortunately we seem to have since gotten the impression our camera was not designed for this work.

Mask: But there was some kind of creepy beauty in it's screwups. Have some highlights:

The City
    The City with random settings

The Moon (it was really bright!)

This is some kind of unintentional work of art.
    I really appreciate the attempt, even if it didn't go right. Some of these photos are really interesting, though, and I think I'll be able to use those pictures of the moon, it's strangely pretty in those pictures.

But, thanks again, honestly. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Guys, now my real life friends are instructing me to watch MLP. I found the first episodes boring, when does it get interesting?
    How many episodes have you watched so far, may I ask? The first two, or more?

Jayden: It hits the right notes of sending the unwary advice-seeker down avenues best not travelled.
    Indeed, all of these do. They're brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    HA! i finally got it! I finally have the pieces to move Ponyard's story forward after weeks at a standstill.
    And it all involves Luna.
    (once again, thank you Esper, for your guide to 6-stars had me jokingly figure out how i could blame it all on Luna. then i found that it actually FITS!)
    SO uh... spoiler box for anyone who cares or wishes to tear apart my idea.

Spoiler
    Show
    Its still not 100% in my head, but i wanted something like this...
    Before Luna became nightmare moon, she gathered those that followed her and loved her night. There were many that followed her, and this cheered her greatly, however, they were few in comparison to her sister's followers.And dispite how hard they tried, ponies are day creatures, so many of them grew tired and passed out. A clever young unicorn came up with a solution. She wanted Luna to transform her into a nocturnal pony so she could always be awake for Luna's night.
    Luna gave it a shot, and the spell worked, though it altered the appearance of the young unicorn greatly, he former white coat became a dark purple, her eyes looked more cat like and her teeth sharpened, but no personality changes occured, and soon all of luna's followers lined up for this transformation, dispite the side-effects.
    However such a great use of magic was not unnoticed. A great evil stirred under Equestria. an evil with only one name.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Smooze.

Thats my Knee-wall of text, please let me know what you think. there was more, but ill only post that if there's interest....so let me know.
    Ha, the Guide to Six Stars is infallible advice!

My brainmeats are still pretty dead, but why
    Spoiler
    Show
    would turning ponies nocturnal be potent enough to awaken something?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

OFCs can't hit you on the moooooooooon-

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

*Clears throat*

*Glances with ill concealed malice from hijacking thread just after announcement*

*waits a second*

*burns to cinder with accumulated charge of extra happiness*
    Above Us Only Sky

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Woke up with an atrocious headache today. Lovely. Thankfully today is a day where I don't have to do much or much to do, so I'm just gonna relax and enjoy myself.
    Ugh, I hate when that happens. All the downsides of having a wild night out, with out having the wild night out.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    *Glances with ill concealed malice from hijacking thread just after announcement*

*waits a second*

*burns to cinder with accumulated charge of extra happiness*
    Don't be upset. I'm glad to see you're back at least.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

The obvious solution to impending friendship based armageddon is to temporarily put the pony thread out of phase with the rest of reality. It can't be that hard, I saw Samantha Colter do it on Stargate: PN-Y!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Has there been any update on Trixie's feelings on the new thread, or is she biding her time?

12. - Top - End - #432
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ha, the Guide to Six Stars is infallible advice!

My brainmeats are still pretty dead, but why
    Spoiler
    Show
    would turning ponies nocturnal be potent enough to awaken something?
    Ahh ok! I didnt explain that...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sheer number of ponies required a MASSIVE amount of magic. Luna's followers numbered in the millions. so Luna and 100 or so unicorns created a magic shockwave to pass over her legion of followers. (im assuming the population of Equestria is roughly the same as earth.)

Also! introducing Ponyard's First Spacecraft.
    Spoiler
    Show

Forgive my lack of creativity. But i always loved the way the ships in EVE looked.

And his First support vessel, a carrier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    To me, the Marvel UK comic run is the absolutely definitive continutity, especially towards the end, when character like Grimlock (my favourite Autobot and second favourite overall) and Starscream had really hit their stride.

(Also, I've not seen Transformers Prime so cannot comment on that.)
    All of the episodes are on Youtube. Hasbro appears to be kind enough to treat them similar to the MLP:FIM videos.
    It isn't perfect of course. For one, MIKO IS SO DARN ANNOYING!
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-08-12 at 08:59 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

14. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

EDIT: entirely unrelated to ponies (except by... 4 degrees) but I saw this, and figured it was funny enough for a certain crowd.

Spoiler
    Show

WHAT!????? WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOW ME THIS?
    ... Probably because you thought I would post it before you huh?!
    Hehehehe, yeah: I would have~

*Clears throat*

*looks around the house, counting all the sharp and pointies*
    Ugh!
    Do you have any idea how long that's gonna take!!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    *looks around the house, counting all the sharp and pointies*
    Ugh!
    Do you have any idea how long that's gonna take!!
    Name them all Bob.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

The OFC is powered by friendship; all we have to do is hold hands and sing a song and we'll regain control over it. Who wants to start?

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, since everypony else is putting up pictures of themselves...

Spoiler
    Show

What, you thought I'd actually show you my face? :3

So, in speaking with Phoe, she and I came up with an idea that I'm going to make into my next story once I've finished putting together A Midnight Nightmare, and it's more of a return to my usual form:

Midnight and Shimmer's Guide to Dating (2nd Edition).
    I, but, you, I-I was going to write the definitive introduction to the character of Shimmer Snowflake! Oh, now it's on! So what if I've got six-to-seven chapters to go - I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Though I myself seem to be relatively normal. Everyone else here seems obsessed on some level but....I dunno, I guess I just have greater willpower or something.
    This is my face. This is really my face right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander, you know.

Just as planned. Soon, my Griffon pawn will have the entire ponythread in a chaos of cutlery and shotguns - which leaves it vulnerable for noble conquest! Soon, all shall bow to TALESPINNER VI EQUESTRIA and his beautiful masked harem-filly!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    The OFC is powered by friendship; all we have to do is hold hands and sing a song and we'll regain control over it. Who wants to start?
    I thought the OFCs were powered by Shimmers? Or was that something else?

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

The OFCs are powered by pure hatred, remember? Black Mage's hadokens in reverse.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I thought the OFCs were powered by Shimmers? Or was that something else?
    They are powered by Midnight's appendixes.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    The OFCs are powered by pure hatred, remember? Black Mage's hadokens in reverse.
    Then what system was powered by a bunch of Shimmers?

I think it was Shimmers.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Then what system was powered by a bunch of Shimmers?

I think it was Shimmers.
    Shimmer is the backup battery. !FillyShimmer powers the cute Point Defense guns protecting the OFC.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. Well I still think a song couldn't hurt. That's how these plots always get resolved in the movies.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

Just as planned. Soon, my Griffon pawn will have the entire ponythread in a chaos of cutlery and shotguns - which leaves it vulnerable for noble conquest! Soon, all shall bow to TALESPINNER VI EQUESTRIA and his beautiful masked harem-filly!
    Welp, better switch to spoiler boxes for everypony's sanity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mask: I'm your what.
    Jayden: I'm your what.
    Charger: I have no investment in this situation.
    Jayden: Mask, I should have known you'd betray me.
    Mask: ... Not the reaction I was hoping for.
    Jayden: *Draws, loads, and fires the Shrink Ray, shrinking Mask down to shoulder pony size*

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Shimmer is the backup battery. !FillyShimmer powers the cute Point Defense guns protecting the OFC.
    Ah, right. Thanks.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Bugbear in the Playground

I, but, you, I-I was going to write the definitive introduction to the character of Shimmer Snowflake! Oh, now it's on! So what if I've got six-to-seven chapters to go - I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.
    I...but...Why did I just get this letter of challenge in my mailbox?

Why was it hooked to a small but potent explosive?

Why did disarming the explosive attempt to set off a djinnification spell on my face?

This is my face. This is really my face right now.

Y'know, I was thinking about it, and he's wrong. He's not normal. He's obsessed himself. He's obsessed on not being obsessed on ponies/shipping/ponsanity. Every single post he's posted has referenced to how not ponysane he is.

Hey, hey, don't make me break out the roller-skating ponymechs.

My appendix: The secret to limitless power. It's the Equestrian equivalent of a perpetual motion machine.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Welp, better switch to spoiler boxes for everypony's sanity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mask: I'm your what.
    Jayden: I'm your what.
    Charger: I have no investment in this situation.
    Jayden: Mask, I should have known you'd betray me.
    Mask: ... Not the reaction I was hoping for.
    Jayden: *Draws, loads, and fires the Shrink Ray, shrinking Mask down to shoulder pony size*
    Sanity is for the weak.

Spoiler
    Show
    "How dare you miniaturize my devoted slave-filly, you cad?!? She was defenseless, begging for mercy, and you fired upon her all the same! To Hades with my plans of threadal domination - you have just earned yourself a one-way ticket to PAIN CENTRAL, and I AM YOUR CONDUCTOR."

CHIVALRY PUNCH!!
    GET-YOUR-HANDS-OFF-MY-MINI-HAREM-FILLY-KICK!!
    I-ONCE-WRESTLED-A-COUGAR-TO-DEATH-GRAPPLE!!

I...but...Why did I just get this letter of challenge in my mailbox?

Why was it hooked to a small but potent explosive?

Why did disarming the explosive attempt to set off a djinnification spell on my face?
    Pirates. Airship pirates. Airship harem pirates.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Y'know, I was thinking about it, and he's wrong. He's not normal. He's obsessed himself. He's obsessed on not being obsessed on ponies/shipping/ponsanity. Every single post he's posted has referenced to how not ponysane he is.
    Is that like becoming paranoid because everyone you know is crazy?

Not that I'd know, mwahahahhahahaha-

Hey, hey, don't make me break out the roller-skating ponymechs.
    Do that, and I will be forced to create Djinniponymechs.

My appendix: The secret to limitless power. It's the Equestrian equivalent of a perpetual motion machine.
    Confirmed Power Sources:
    - Phoebondage
    - Esperappendix

Unconfirmed:
    - Bobcatliver
    - Brazbondage
    - Lix's Giant Hamster Wheel of Shipping
    - Thanqart

*glances around some more*

*notices Raz and burns him to crisp, too*

Maybe I should name myself Duke Blueblood to give everypony a genuine reason to pretend I don't exist
    EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-08-12 at 09:46 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Charger: @ Esper: We tried those photographs for you. It was a beautiful night for it; the moon was full and so bright it was like standing beneath a streetlight, even atop a mountain in a forest. Unfortunately we seem to have since gotten the impression our camera was not designed for this work.
    I suck at photography, but I'm under impression you tried to use daylight shutter opening time and no stabilization at all...

Maybe I should name myself Duke Blueblood to give everypony a genuine reason to pretend I don't exist
    Above Us Only Sky

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

I suck at photography, but I'm under impression you tried to use daylight shutter opening time and no stabilization at all...

What exactly are you wanting us to say?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Invent an OC and talk in coloured text, then.

Or pretend to be insane.