New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

Here here, Jon, I can agree with that Tyr slaps Jon on the back friendly-like.
    (in a low voice to group) So, guards around boxes? Seems suspicious. If I wasn't me, I'd say it could be a trap, seems too easy and weird. But I got a good feeling about this meeting.
    Tyr said eating more of his meal.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So are you ready to advance, or what?

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's go.

"Well, then we should meet back here in time to go to the meeting. Good night all." Jon stands and heads out, returning to his room. He double-checks the loading of his guns before going to sleep, keeping them within arms reach.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaakon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So are you ready to advance, or what?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, please!
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    If nothing else happens then moving to morning/afternoon. If someone else wants to do something, then my actions will just be resolved at the appropriate time.

Mika awakens near midday. She showers and prepares herself for the day, then goes down for a late lunch. Anyone there can tell that Mika has a much larger lunch then she usually does. After eating, Mika's mood increases greatly. She even realizes that her breeze is still not up and puts it up. Mika stays around the bar area for most of the day, has a small dinner, and is ready for the evening activities.

"Everyone ready to go?"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Jon's day starts at dawn, taking a brief breakfast and chatting with any of the others. He takes a walk around the settlement in the morning to familiarize himself with it, finding shops and such, before coming back and taking lunch with Mikka. The afternoon is much the same. He returns to the dining room, armed and ready.

"Let us see what this is about."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huril's day starts at about dinner time, going for another tavern crawl until the brighter morning hours. By the time he is up, the others were eating dinner, and he joined them after cleaning himself up, because you have to make yourself presentable before you cut someone to death. "Evenin' all," he said, joining them.
    ~ZA

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Fully rested and fed, you head off. You take your time approaching the warehouse, keeping a wary eye on every shadow and even doubling back to make sure you aren't followed. Despite the time, about three hours after sundown, the streets remain active. The waterfront is particularly lively, and the approach to the meeting place is both crowded and bright with torches and lanterns. You pause about a block away to finalize your plans, in an unlit alley that offers a clear (if distant) view of the warehouse and little chance of being spotted yourselves.

The warehouse itself seems completely innocent from the outside. Oil lamps hang from sconces around the main entrance, illuminating a drowsy swordsman leaning heavily against a massive wooden double-door.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Jon leans against the wall of the alley. "Maybe we go in one, two at a time, rather than the whole gang. Space out half a minute or so? I can go first, maybe Huril with me, in case there is trouble right-off for one reason or another."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

I reckon that might be safe, what signal should we watch for if you need us?

Tyr said agreeing with plan.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Jon smiles pessimistically. "Swords and gunfire most likely."

12. - Top - End - #372

Huril rubs his hands together and stretches a bit, shaking away the fatigue from his over night pub crawl, checking to make sure his sword was loose and ready. "Let's get this thang rollin'," He said with a grin.
    ~ZA

13. - Top - End - #373

"Second for me and Mika, then." Genevieve uncrosses her arms, and flexes her gloved hands. "I think this is not a trap, but if you wish to be cautious we can humor you."

14. - Top - End - #374

BlueKnightGuy

"Never too bad to be careful. We will be right behind you." Mika agreeing to go with Gene.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Jon and Huril approach the entrance together while the others hang back. They work their way though the crowd, eventually reaching a sort of bubble of clear space around the warehouse door and its armed guard. Just as they open their mouths to rouse the apparently dozing swordsman, he raises his head and looks at them directly. "Yer but two of the six, where're the rest?" he asks in a harsh whisper.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Jon approaches, cautious but loose. "They're on their way. Can we come in, or do we have to wait outside?" The loop over his revolver is undone, just in case he needs a fast draw.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception (1d20+4)[24]

Somehow I totally missed your post, Bhaakon, otherwise I would have had this up days ago.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

The guard watches you for a second, then spits copiously. "Aye, whatever. Just signal the others to get on their horses," the guard growls. He pounds out a complex pattern of knocks on the doors, signalling someone inside to loosen a number of chunky bolts and unhitch a bar. The door is hauled open just enough for you to slip in.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Jon nods to the guard, then holds up his hand, gesturing the others forward before entering. Scanning the room quickly.

19. - Top - End - #379

Genevieve grabs Mika and starts walking as soon as the door opens. She nods at the guard as she heads past. "Good evening."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

The guard touches his brow in a mock salute as Genevieve drags Mika into the warehouse, "m'ladies."

The interior of the warehouse is nearly as bright as daylight, thanks to banks of magically glowing orbs set at regular intervals around the room. Other than the expensively arcane illumination, it appears to be a normal warehouse: the walls are lines with crates and barrels, most marked with a red lotus symbol.

Two more guards are stationed immediately inside the entrance; both are humans, but clearly not of Avistan. One of them directs you towards a sturdy-looking iron-bound portal set deep in a stone wall that divides off a good quarter of the building. "When rest arrive, you meet the Master," he says in broken common.

Knowledge (Geography) DC 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guards are Tian-Shu, the largest ethnic group from the eastern continent of Tian Xia

Knowledge (local) DC 20 (+5 if you passed the geography check)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The red lotus is the symbol of the Red Lotus Company, an Eastern merchant consortium specializing in alchemical goods, fireworks, and gunpowder weapons

21. - Top - End - #381

BlueKnightGuy

"Gaaaa....I can walk by my self. Oh, hello." Mika says as she gets dragged into the building."Nice place..."

So rich. As she looks around the area.

Spoiler
    Show
    No Local or Geography. So I have nothing.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr walked behind the ladies toward the place.
    Nice digs, sir.
    He took in all before him, searching for danger. He had to admit, it was pretty.
    Spoiler
    Show

I guess I'll do perception, local, and Geography.
    Perception - (1d20+5)[16]
    KnowLocal - (1d20+5)[18]
    KnowGeography - (1d20+1)[15]

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

As Tyr walks in the guard nods, and begins divesting himself of his weaponry and armor. He carefully places his sword, lamellar cuirass, and a rather fascinating assortment of daggers in one of a dozen lockers beside the door. In exchange, he removes a chunk bronze dirk and jams it in one of his empty sheaths. "No steel," says the man, obviously expecting you to do the same, "no fire," he looks pointedly your various firearms, "or we all die." He gestures to the other lockers, obviously expecting you to follow his lead.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-10-16 at 05:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384

Huril shrugged and took his scimitar off of his belt, placing it gently in one of the lockers. He then went about slipping out of his chain shirt, but stopped as soon as he started. He stood in thought for a moment then asked, "What about mithral?"
    ~ZA

25. - Top - End - #385

Genevieve snorts. "Ah, they neglected to mention THIS part. Very well." She stores her gear in one of the lockers, and waves away bronze weaponry.

"If I need one I'll take it from an attacker."

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

The guard nods at Huril, indicating that he should divest himself of his mithral as well.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Jon grudgingly un-holsters his weapons and places them carefully in the locker before removing his armor, ruing the steel plates reinforcing the leather. No steel, no fire...blasting powder? Are we in a powder factory?

He sniffs the air as he takes one of the bronze dirks and jams it in his belt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception rolled in OOC: 5, guh.
    Last edited by stack; 2011-10-16 at 09:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

Huril removes his armor as well, tossing it into a pile in the locker. "Can't say I'm glad to see it go..." He muttered to himself.
    ~ZA

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

I don't like this. But fine.
    Tyr removed his metal weaponry/armor: his longsword, his 2 guns, and his armor.

30. - Top - End - #390

BlueKnightGuy

As with the rest of the group, Mika removes her metal as well, a pair of bracers, a ring, and a small knife. She then waves her hand and the breeze from her dies away.

"Shall we go?" Mika says with a smile.