New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New World Group 1

Jon's shot is a good one, catching the rower in the temple. The skraeling immediately slumps forward, a pool of gore puddling beneath him. Tyr is similarly successful: both bullets strike the injured archer in the gut, driving the man overboard and into the water. The remainder of the group repositions themselves, doing their best to avoid the continuing rain of arrows.

The fallen rower slows his canoe, but not enough to keep it from slipping alongside the ship with its starboard companion. The remaining archers in each drop their bows and hurl their makeshift grappling hooks, all three finding purchase in the rigging.

The skraelings in the southern canoe desperately work their bows to cover the boarders, sending a quartet of arrows at the defenders on the bow... and into the water on the opposite side of the ship as the fog plays havoc with the archers' aim.

Spoiler
    Show

24 hours for your next round actions
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-15 at 04:27 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Jon yells, "I'll finish this side, you all take care of the others!" as he re-***** his weapon and aims carefully at the attacker with the rope.

Spoiler
    Show
    focused aim, attack K-2, (1d20+8)[13] (point blank shot)
    damage(1d8+5)[7]
    crit(1d20+8)[9]
    crit damage(1d8+5)[8]

After firing, he quickly moves to physically block any boarders, drawing his intricately carved saber.
    Spoiler
    Show
    move to J-3, draw saber in other hand

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A small smile appears across Mika's face, as she moves to the railing of the ship. "Wrong move." she whispers to herself as she points her hand down as lighting rips travels down to the boat below.

Spoiler
    Show

I will position myself to use burning hands on the people as they are climbing up. I should be able to hit three of them. (Which should be I6)
    (Due to being elemental sorcerer it has to be electric damage)
    DC 16 vs Reflex to half damage
    damage: (3d4+1)[10] electric damage

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huril skids over next to the little sorceress, watching as she electrocutes the foes aboard their little boat. "Ware the survivors, girlie, these kind fear such magicks, and would as soon cut yer hands off as talk to yuh," He said to her, more or less making it all up, though he sounded like he believed himself. He started to spin his sword around him, his body flowing like water as he began his dance of death, a very refined fighting style that was unfitting for such a crude man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now he is racist and alcoholic!
    ~ZA

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Genevieve looks to the railing and nods. She saunters south, tucking the gun away and pulling her rapier as she goes.

"COME ON YOU PRIMITIVE AUGERHEADS! TOUCH THAT RAIL AND I'LL PERSONALLY SEND YOU ALL TO THE HELL OF YER CHOICE!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to G5, drawing rapier as I go. Dazzling display, using braggart so that it's only a standard action, and rolling an intimidate check to demoralize them. By my math and looking at the map, every bad guy should be within 30 feet of me, so that'll be a check against them all. (1d20+8)[25]
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-08-15 at 09:06 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Just die already!
    Tyr fires 2 rounds at the rower at M-2 emptying the boat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shouldn't need Focus aim this turn. Rapid shot though.
    1st attack - (1d20+7)[27]
    2nd attack - (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage 1 - (1d8+1)[9]
    Damage 2 - (1d8+1)[6]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Critical confirm:
    Crit confirm - (1d20+7)[14]
    Crit Damage 1 - (2d8+2)[7]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Jon draws a bead on a skraeling trying to clamber up onto deck, sending a load of hot lead through his side as he reaches for the gunwale. He screams and drops into the water, grasping weakly for the side of his canoe. The gunslinger draws his sword and steps forward, daring the last man in the little boat to try climbing the rope.

The threat proves unnecessary, as Tyr's well-placed shot burrows through the heart of the boat's last occupant. Only the terribly injured man thrashing in the water remains, and he seems more interested in escape than trying his luck against two practiced marksmen.

Genevieve struts brashly towards the pirates, taunting them and running her rapier through an impressively complex routine. The skraelings obviously have no clue what she says, but more than a few seem taken aback by her skillful display.

Mika's casting culminates in a sheet of lightning flashing through a trio of skraelings. One falls back into the canoe, his face locked in a rictus grin as the elemental energies draw the dead man's muscles tight. Two others shake off the spell with obvious effort and manage to haul themselves on deck, where Huril prepares to meet their stone hatchets with his well-honed scimitar. The final man in the boat grabs a line and scrambles up as well, working himself into a lathering rage as he retrieves a bronze short sword he'd clinched between his teeth during the ascent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Genevieve, Mika, and Huril may make an AoO against a boarder in a square they threaten in addition to their normal turn

Huril's words to Mika are prophetic, as the four archers in the southern canoe immediately focus their attention on the exposed spellcaster. Two arrows fly wide, but one scores a bloody line across her forehead and another nearly pins her left arm to her torso.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mika Moon takes 6 HP damage

Huril: remember to give coordinates, or I'll have to guess

Tyr, Jon: sorry, no grit point regeneration for killing/critical, not enough HD

Genevieve: 30 ft range only reaches about half the skraelings (I'll mark the ones affected on the map)

A= archer
    P= melee pirate
    B= raging barbarian w/ bronze sword
    Yellow = shaken by Genevieve's dazzling display

24 hours for next round actions
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-16 at 03:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Genevieve takes a careless swipe at the one boarding in front of her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hurrah for +2 to attack targets scared by my display! (1d20+8)[16], and (1d6+1)[2] damage. In the event that it's a crit, confirmation is (1d20+8)[17], and another (1d6+1)[6] damage.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Genevieve: you can take your full round actions as well. Also, there are 2 in your range, please pick which one you're taking your AoO against
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-16 at 06:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll attack the one that only I'm threatening. The leftmost one.

Feeling the blade bite home, Genevieve takes a more measured stab at her opponent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rapier attack! (1d20+8)[19], and (1d6+1)[4] damage. In the event of a crit, (1d20+8)[9] to confirm, and (1d6+1)[2] more damage.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Jon turns back to the others, quickly assessing the situation. Bronze sword left, two on the right. Archers will have to wait. Mika doesn't look like she's cut out for hand to hand, as impressive as that display was. Right it is!

Jon rushes forward to assist, saber lashing out skillfully, searching for vein and tendon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge to H-5, attack H-6, (1d20+9)[19]
    damage [roll]1d6+3[roll]
    confirm crit (1d20+9)[21]
    crit damage [roll]1d6+3[roll]

AC 14 (from charge), HP 24

13. - Top - End - #43

"Why do I get the big smelly one?" Huril asks himself as he flows into an attack as the skraeling boards the boat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    to hit:(1d20+10)[12]
    damage:(1d6+5)[7]
    critz:(1d20+10)[30] //rolled a 20 to confirm my non-hit...
    damage:(1d6+5)[11]
    Last edited by ZeltArruin; 2011-08-16 at 07:39 AM.
    ~ZA

14. - Top - End - #44

As quickly as he attempted to strike his foe, another attack flashed out, his curved blade slicing through the air with measured grace. It looked as though he was effortlessly dancing across the bow of the boat, the way he was moving.

Spoiler
    Show
    to hit:(1d20+10)[28]
    damage:(1d6+5)[10]
    crit:(1d20+10)[25]
    damage:(1d6+5)[6]
    Last edited by ZeltArruin; 2011-08-16 at 12:16 PM.
    ~ZA

15. - Top - End - #45

BlueKnightGuy

When did these archers just get good all of a sudden. Mika aims a finger out towards the archers and lets a lightening ray strike out towards them. Then knowing her limits moves back to the middle of the ship.

Spoiler
    Show

Forgo my AoO because she really can't do anything

Elemental ray against J10
    concentration check to cast defensively (1d20+11)[15] vs DC 15
    20% miss chance check (1d100)[9]
    range touch attack (1d20+3)[8]
    damage (1d6+2)[4]

5ft step to I5

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr reloads, fires at the Barbarian twice.
    Get away from them!
    Spoiler
    Show

Did the archers I killed have enough HD for Grit regen?
    Attacking K-6.
    1st attk - (1d20+7)[23]
    2nd attk - (1d20+7)[24]
    1st Dam - (1d8+1)[3]
    2nd Dam - (1d8+1)[8]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Leading with his rapier, Jon thunders across the deck and skewers the boarder threatening Mika. The impaled warrior takes a staggering step back to slip the blade out of lung, but stumbles over the railing in doing so. When he surfaces, it's face down and very still.

Genevieve unleashes a pair of lighting-quick jabs with her own sword, piercing the already singed skraeling through both kidneys. He falls to the deck in an expanding puddle of blood.

Huril's first strike does little more than crease the the poorly-cured bear hide the barbarian is wearing as armor. The second rends a tremendous gash in the barbarian's leg, nearly from knee to groin. Tyr's bullets also tear into the man, but the stubborn oaf refuses to fall.

Instead, the sorely injured skraeling throws himself at Huril in a desperate attack. The skilled swordsman manages to deflect the short sword aside, but his uncouth opponent rips a good-sized chunk of flesh out of Huril's wrist with his teeth... and swallows it with a bloody grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Huril: 5 HP damage

Mika runs through the ritual of her casting, ignoring the chaotic events around her completely. That focus doesn't extend to her aim, unfortunately, and the obscuring fog causes her to miss the canoe completely. The archers respond in kind, and while Mika dances back a step to avoid three of the arrows, the fourth sinks painfully into the small of her back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mika: 6 HP damage

Tyr: no, only the Barbarian has enough HD.

24 hours all
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-16 at 06:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

"He bit me? Some folks just don't know a civilized way to kill a man, do they? Aw hell, won't matter much soon enough!" Huril shouted, his body whipping around into another blow at the barbarian, his eyes narrowed with anger, and his wrist aching, blood flinging all around him as his dance began to get fervent, his feet barely touching the ground.

Five-foot-step to K5 and attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    to hit:(1d20+10)[19]
    damage:(1d6+5)[11]
    crits?:(1d20+10)[15]
    damage:(1d6+5)[7]

Edit: heheh, sploiler...
    Last edited by ZeltArruin; 2011-08-16 at 06:37 PM.
    ~ZA

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Huril's anger lends strength to his sword arm as his gently curved blade dives in for the barbarian's neck, striking off the skraeling's still grinning head with a single blow. It hits the gunwale with a sickening thwack, then bounces overboard. The man's body needs a second to realize it's dead, and it takes a staggering step towards Huril before collapsing.

The archers in the last canoe are obviously shocked by this turn of events, dropping their bows and reaching for oars in perpetration for their flight.

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry for going out of order, just didn't want any of you to waste your actions on the barbarian. You can still attack the archers if you like, they haven't moved.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-16 at 06:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the skraelings reach for their oars, Jon says, "I say let them go. They won't be attacking in strength again soon. Perhaps better arrangements can be made from land, prevent these attacks from happening at all. Besides, in this fog it would be a waste of ammo."

He holsters his pistol and carefully wipes his blade clean, then holds it up for inspection. The edge found satisfactory, the vine-etched blade returns to its home as well. He then pulls the revolver out for a leisurely reload.

"Suppose we ought to report to the captain. Might sober him a bit." It's a wonder we made it this far.

"If anyone wants healing, I can help a bit." Mine's too minor to bother with, bind it later to stop the bleeding.
    Last edited by stack; 2011-08-16 at 08:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

"Sure, let's let them go. I'll even spur them on their way."

Genevieve steps coolly over the blood puddle of the man she just killed, switching to her cockatrice-shaped pepperbox as she goes. It roars in her hand as she targets the back archer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[21] vs. AC, [roll]1d8+1][/roll] damage if it hits.

22. - Top - End - #52

"Heh, that went well," Huril said with a grin as he wiped the blood off his blade on the garb of the barbarian. He inspected his sword after and frowned, it was gritty and grimy still. "Damned primitives can't keep their clothes clean," he muttered, looking around for some other way to clean his prized blade. "Yall did pretty well too. Them guns o yers gave them a good scare, no doubt."
    ~ZA

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Genevieve's finely-engraved cockatrice pepperbox roars at the skraeling archer, driving a ball of hot lead through his calf.

Spoiler
    Show
    the rest of you can feel free to take a potshot at the fleeing skraelings, I'll just handle them as they're posted (no reason to bother with the map at this point). Once you've all decided to shoot at them (or not) we'll continue on. Remember that there's one badly injured survivor north of the ship
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-16 at 09:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Frowning at the shots taken toward the defeated,
    Jon remembers to check the other side of the ship. Seeing the injured skraeling, he calls out, "Someone give me a hand getting the wounded one on board." Jon looks about for a rope to toss. Wish I knew how to talk to them. They earned what they got, but its a bloody waste all the same.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Jon sees the wounded skraeling clinging weakly to the canoe as he bleeds out into the water. Even as the paladin grabs a line--one of the boarding ropes the raiders had hoped to climb, as it turns out--he can tell that the man is in no condition to climb up himself. Jon will either have to climb down to the canoe and haul the wounded warrior up, or put the man out of his misery.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-16 at 10:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

I'll help ya Jon. Maybe we can learn a thing about why they attacked, unless it was random.

Tyr said as he looked at the bleeding man.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Almost as soon as Tyr steps over to the railing for a look at the injured skraeling, the hatch he was standing on bursts open. First mate Chew-a particularly ugly half-orc with a snaggle-toothed tusk pointing almost straight out of his upper jaw-leads a dozen crew members on deck, where they gape in astonishment at the carnage. A couple of half-drunk, half-sleeping sailors launch poorly-aimed bolts at the fleeing canoe. Suddenly you realize that it's been scarcely a minute since the first shot.

"Cor, you sent those savages packing right quick." lisps Chew as leans for a better look between the two gunslingers. He points at the man in the water, "you want we should kill 'em now, or drag him aboard for a bit o' fun before his dirt nap?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Mika can still take a shot at the fleeing canoe if she wants.

520 xp apiece

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

"Get him aboard. We'll need to talk to him. He's under my protection, so don't get any ideas." Not set foot on land yet and I'm already trying to hold back savagery from every side. At least Tyr is with me.

29. - Top - End - #59

BlueKnightGuy

Hearing that the attackers are leaving, Mika seats herself down on a nearby crate. And this is why I hate fighting... as she points her wand to herself. With the quick burst of healing, Mika begins to listen in on the others. She quickly puts her hands up to her mouth with a shocked face when she hears Chew's comment.

Spoiler
    Show

Since it is out of combat is there a reason to do the UMD roll? I will just retry until I succeed.
    (1d8+1)[8]

30. - Top - End - #60

"They were weaker than expected." Genevieve says to Chew, waving a hand. "Go back to sleep, we'll deal with the one that's left."

She walks over and hands Jon a rope. "My armor's a bit heavy. Tie this around yourself and you can go retrieve him. We'll haul you both on board after you get there."
    She ties the other end around the mast, and gets ready to brace it.