Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The waterfront is stacked with crates and barrels, all of which are flammable to some degree. The splinter remains along side the dock, and doesn't appear to have unloaded its cargo yet. A stack of caged chickens sits on the shore near to the dock, "guarded" by an old man passed out besides a pile of empty bottles.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-11-26 at 01:55 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #572
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bah, Jon needs merciful guns. No worries about killing innocent chickens that way!


    Need a diversion...but any fire would endanger the whole town. Stray shots are risky too. Maybe the others will have an idea? Jon paces his assigned area, watching the others for any sign of a plan.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps the chickens are innocent, but, without detect evil, you'll never be sure there isn't a bad egg among them.

  4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Am I gonna do it?" Huril asks his companions quietly, glancing at the target boat as they move up to the docks. There was little time for screw ups now, and they still had to ride back to town on the very boat they were sabotaging, things could get a little messy. Of course, they had the whole trip to poison the barrels, but still, Huril didn't like the idea of riding with the target for so long.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    "Am I gonna do it?" Huril asks his companions quietly, glancing at the target boat as they move up to the docks. There was little time for screw ups now, and they still had to ride back to town on the very boat they were sabotaging, things could get a little messy. Of course, they had the whole trip to poison the barrels, but still, Huril didn't like the idea of riding with the target for so long.
    "I think so." Says Genevieve. "Do you need a distraction?"
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Anyway we can make clouds of smoke with little fire damage? That would certainly be a good distraction.
    Tyr whispered trying to think.

  7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    As you make you plans, a distraction creates itself. Gunshots ring out from across town, and a tall flame leaps up from the forest of tents surrounding the town proper. The already quiet atmosphere around the docks drop to dead silence as everyone waits for some word of the disturbance.

    It only takes a few moments for a runner to come within earshot, but it seems like an eternity. "To Arms! To Arms! The dead walk the streets!" cries the tout as he sprints across the packed dirt of the settlement's main drag.

  8. - Top - End - #578
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Well...that works. But I can't stay here, not when I'm needed. "Blast the boat, I'm going to defend the town! I'll be back when I can." Jon heads off quickly towards the shouting, blunderbuss ready. He doesn't even look back to see if anyone follows. A far cry better than this sneaking business. No questions, no false motives, just evil to be fought.
    Last edited by stack; 2011-11-28 at 07:05 PM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  9. - Top - End - #579
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Go time..." Huril muttered to himself as everyone's attention was turned elsewhere. He turned to the boat that the saltpeter was on and looked for a good way onto it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    What rolls should I make?
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 stealth rolls. One to sneak on board, one to do the deed, one to get off unseen, in that order. Just roll all three and the first that fails (if any fail) is where we'll start from. If you can come up with a good plan, I might give you bonuses on the rolls.

  11. - Top - End - #581
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika watches as Jon goes running Guess that is to be expected. But Huril might need help more than Jon.. Mika whispers to Huril "Go! Call if you need it." Mika watches the dock ready for anything. While listening for any calls from Huril.

    Spoiler
    Show
    perception check (1d20+3)[18]
    Also cast mage armor on myself

  12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    I better make sure the Paladin doesn't die, save me a fight if you can while I'm gone. Good luck guys.
    Tyr said as he ran toward where the undead origin and Jon might be.

  13. - Top - End - #583
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    roll 1:(1d20+5)[20]
    roll 2: (1d20+5)[11]
    roll 3: (1d20+5)[25]

    Can't think of any good plans right now...
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve waits at the dock, casting back and forth. "Jon, no! We must guard the cargo, it's what they paid us for!"

    It's a convincing act.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff says... (1d20+8)[12]


    If you don't know her. Or are distracted.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-11-29 at 01:52 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    please post in spoilers until the group reunites.

    @Gen, Huril, Mika

    Spoiler
    Show
    A hint of sarcasm slips into Genevieve's voice as she shouts at Jon, but the other guards are too shocked by the crier's news to notice. A couple of the other hired hands seem torn, but end up holding their position on the dock.

    The attack provides ample distraction for Huril to work his way back to the barge unnoticed. He hops aboard the nearly unoccupied rear of the boat just as Genevieve shouts at Jon, and begins his work. He pops the bung from three barrels and dumps a vial in each without drawing any attention, then begins working loose the fourth cork.

    Back on the dock, Genevieve and Mika see one of the crew members wander towards the stern of the barge, where Huril is hiding. If he rounds the stack of saltpeter kegs, he's sure to see what the swordsman is up to.


    @Jon, Tyr

    Spoiler
    Show
    Genevieve lets loose a mock shout chiding you for abandoning your posts, but its an obvious front. As you run towards the flaming tent, the crowd, previously shocked into in action, has crystallized into three groups: the majority fleeing towards the waterfront, a handful running towards the trouble with you, and a strong contingent of looters ransacking abandoned tents.

    More shots ring out as you approach the source of the flames and commotion, joined by the sounds of a general melee. Before you can reach the main fight, though, you are confronted by a half dozen shambling zombies. They haven't been dead more than a few days, and still sport the sturdy blue pants and placket-front shirt so popular in these mining towns. A small form flits through the darkness behind them, but you can't quite make it out.

    map, initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    enemies: [roll]1d20[roll]
    Tyr: (1d20+6)[13]
    Jon: (1d20+3)[8]

    EDIT: Zombies rolled an 8 OOC, but tie goes to the higher initiative modifier, so both of you get to act first. 24 hours for 1st full round actions.

    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-11-29 at 07:51 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve at the boat
    Spoiler
    Show

    Genevieve's eyes widen, and she starts jogging towards the stern of the boat.

    Don't think, act!

    She tackles the crewman heading toward Jon. "GET DOWN!" And fires a shot at a shadowy spot along the docks... AWAY from Jon's direction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff to pull this off... (1d20+8)[15]


    "Stay down! Wait for them to show themselves!"
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @gen, huril, mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What? Where?" babbles the surprised crewman from under Genevieve.

    "You, I saw you armor yourself with magic. Sweep the dock! We'll cover you." one of the professional guards barks at Mika as he sets a bolt into his crossbow.

    Huril, meanwhile, has enough time to use the last two vials of saltpeter poison unnoticed. With all the attention focused on the dock, though, he has no chance of jumping back there without being spotted. He'll have to come up with another route of escape, or keep hidden and hope no other nosy crew members search the stern.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-11-29 at 08:31 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #588
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    "They should be slow-moving, let them come to us." Jon holds his blunderbuss in on hand while drawing his revolver with the other. He takes a deep breath and holds it momentarily before squeezing the trigger, holy light exploding from the barrel. Some necromancer must be here. Can these small creatures enslave the dead as well?

    Spoiler
    Show
    move to D5, draw gun, spend 2 grit+swift, focused aim and smite, attacking J7 (second range increment)

    attack (1d20+7)[22]
    damage (1d8+10)[13] (assuming evil, cause zombies are by default)
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure how much this will hurt, but I can hope! I'll take the ugly one.
    Tyr moves to E-8 draws his revolver then fires at the zombie at L-8.

    (1d20+9)[27]
    (1d8+1)[6]

  20. - Top - End - #590
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hidin' time," Huril whispered to himself, looking for a good spot to hole up and look like he was hiding from all the nasty undead lurking about.

    Spoiler
    Show
    perception to find a good spot: (1d20+5)[14]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Jon, Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jon's divinely imbued bullet nearly rips the shuffling cadaver's head off, dropping it to the ground, dead(er). Tyr's shot does little more than poke a bloodless hole in his target's gut. All the zombies stand more or less frozen until the shadowy little figure behind them rumbles something in what might meet some technical definition of a language, but comes out as little more than a chest-shaking hum to you. Suddenly the undead jump to action, shuffling forwards quickly enough for one to take a ham-fisted swings at Tyr, but the gunslinger easily evades.

    edit: sorry, overlooked something in the rules and had to fix it

    knowledge (religion) DC 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tyr's shot seemed less effective than they should have been, reminding you that unfeeling zombies can shake off attacks that don't literally cleave flesh from bone (ie: slashing damage)


    map
    Spoiler
    Show


    *this zombie took a gut shot, but it seems virtual unaffected


    @Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tightly secured stack of saltpeter kegs screen you from observers on the dock or the bow of the barge, but there are no obvious hiding spots. It would take all your skill and some good luck besides to evade detection if someone wanders back to the stern.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-11-29 at 11:50 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #592
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    know religion (1d20+5)[20]


    Jon lets his revolver fall to his side, secured by the decorative cord, and takes his blunderbuss in both hands as he steps forward. He says nothing, but there is a distinct glint in his eyes as light and lead hurtle forth, encompassing his foes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    free to drop revolver, secured by weapon cord, free to put second hand on blunderbuss, 5' step to E5, swift for focused aim (1 grit), smiting shot (1 grit), 15' cone shot (didn't make any regular rounds for the blunderbuss)

    F5 attack (1d20+5)[12]
    damage (1d8+10)[12]

    G6 attack (1d20+5)[12]
    damage (1d8+10)[18]

    H5 attack (1d20+5)[6]
    damage (1d8+10)[13]

    AC 16
    Last edited by stack; 2011-11-30 at 08:41 AM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve at the boat
    Spoiler
    Show

    Genevieve scrambles off the man. "You're lucky. Get below, we'll handle this."

    She waves to Mika as she hops to the dock. "Come on! I think they ran this way! With luck we'll MEET UP WITH THE OTHERS, they're probably in the fight already."
    And she heads after Jon.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-11-30 at 12:14 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    KnowledgeReligion - (1d20+1)[12]
    They're closing in on us, guess I should start slashing away if my bullets do nothing.
    Tyr said as he drew his longsword with his free hand (I'll accept AoO) and attacked the zombie at F-8.
    hit - (1d20+4)[8]
    dam - (1d8+1)[6]

  25. - Top - End - #595
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mika places expeditious retreat on herself and begins to search the dock, making sure that she stays far from any type of corners or large crates that would allow someone to just jump out at her.

    perception (1d20+3)[5]

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Mika finds something then this might change but if she sees nothing important then I will do this.

    As Gene jumps down and calls for her, Mika will join with Gene heading towards Jon and Tyr. Mika will call back to the ship "They are all over in that direction and we arn't going to let our friends be endangered. We will stop anything before it even gets to the docks." This being total true since she also wants to protect the ship that brought them here.


  26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Jon, Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jons blunderbuss roars, blasting two of the walkers into inanimate chunks of flesh. The third, perhaps shielded by the others, escapes unscathed. It staggers forward with arm upraised, bringing the leathery arm down on the paladin's shoulder with bone-shattering force.

    @Jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    9 damage


    Tyr yanks his sword loose, simultaneously dodging a swinging zombie arm, but over-extended himself in his own attack and takes a viscous clubbing in addition to missing his target.

    @tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    7 damage


    Meanwhile the shadowy little figures takes a few steps forward, but not quite enough to expose itself in the flickering light of the nearby fire. It throws itself into casting, the very terrain around you twists and morphs into a hellish landscape. Everything looks basically the same, but somehow wrong as well: the fire takes on a sickly cast and produces a noxious smoke redolent of burning flesh; the tents appear to be constructed of stretch human skins crudely sewn together, faces still visible with lips working through silent wails of agony; the scrubby tree nearby takes on a bone-white cast, and its limbs become sharp and menacing, with twitching body parts impaled on the branches where fruit had been previously.

    @both
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will DC 17 or shaken and addition -2 vs fear effects


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show


    The salmon band is the edge of the spell


    @Gen, Mika, Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mika searches for Genevieve's bogeyman, of course finding nothing. When both then run off into the night, the other guards are left somewhat dumbfounded. "Hey, get back here or return your gold, you thieves!" Shouts one of the guards. He belatedly fires a crossbow quarrel at the fast disappearing pair, but it falls well short.

    @Gen, Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    It will take 2 rounds at a normal run to reach Jon and Tyr. With her spell, Mika can get there next round if she doesn't mind leaving Genevieve in the dust


    @Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your companions' sudden flight once more draws attention back to land. With a successful stealth check, you can jump back to the dock and rejoin the other guards unnoticed.

    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-11-30 at 04:37 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #597
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show
    will save (1d20+7)[15]
    Hmm, no aura of courage till paladin 3, darn it.

    Jon drops the blunderbuss, secured by its harness, as he recoils from the blow. He staggers back and retrieves his pistol, stretching his arm out and loosing a round at the zombie. Focus, man, focus! See your target, take your shot. No distractions.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5 ft step back to D5, swift to retrieve revolver, 1 grit for smiting shot

    attack (1d20+8)[23] (point blank shot +1/+1 included, reduce by 2 for failed save))
    damage (1d8+7)[8]


    Did he recover grit for the dropping the zombies?

    HP 16, AC 16
    Last edited by stack; 2011-11-30 at 04:59 PM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Gen. at the boat.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Genevieve hesitates long enough to toss her pay behind her. "Here! I am no damn thief."

    Then she keeps running.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  29. - Top - End - #599
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    'Good a time as any, let's hope they didn't miss me too much,' Huril thought as he jumped back to the dock.

    stealth: (1d20+6)[9]


    Edit: crap.
    Last edited by ZeltArruin; 2011-11-30 at 06:48 PM.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your leap for the dock goes awry as your toe catches a coil of rope, and you land heavily enough to draw a crewman's attention. "Eh, hey, it must be the sneak-thief that guard shot at!" He shouts, drawing everyone's attention."


    @stack
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-12-01 at 12:55 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •