Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Take it then, We fight for more then just some measly gold." Mika reaches into her pocket and throws the gold back with Gene.

    "Sorry Gene but I'm going ahead. Knowing them, they might be in a bit of trouble." Mika moves with her full speed towards Jon and Tyr.

  2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting for Tyr

  3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry, forgot to go.
    (1d20+2)[20], will is my worst save.
    I should attempt to find a Cloak of resist someday.

    Stop attacking me, you lump of flesh.
    Tyr slashes again with his sword.
    (1d20+4)[24]
    (1d8+1)[6]
    Then moves 5 ft step back.

  4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Jon, Tyr, Mika, Gen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hellish landscape seems to get to Jon, who breaks out in a nervous sweat and begins unconsciously scanning for escape routes. His aim isn't affected, though, and his shot blasts a chunk from the zombie's midsection. The undead miner responds with a clumsy attack, which the shaken paladin dodges.

    Tyr's slashing sword lops a zombie arm clean off at the elbow, but the freshly-pruned corpse takes no notice. The undead advance on the gunslinger with more powerful swings, but Tyr proves too elusive.

    The spellcaster controlling the zombies advances a few more steps into the flickering light of the nearby bonfire, revealing a gray-skinned little humanoid, completely bald, with over sized eyes that are nearly all pupil. His bizarrely deep voice rumbles forth once more, and a kaleidoscopic shell of chaotic shapes and colors springs up around him.

    Knowledge (local) DC 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    From descriptions you've heard back on Avistan, this humanoid greatly resembles a Svirfneblin. The secretive subterranean race is renowned for its resistance to magic and powerful innate casting abilities.


    Mika finally reaches the battle, pulling up just behind her gunslinger allies.

    @mika, gen
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a malignant illusion covering most of the battlefield, you'll need to make a DC 17 Will save or be shaken. Genevieve will arrive next round


    map
    Spoiler
    Show


    *: damaged zombie
    -everything left of the salmon line is inside the illusion.


    @Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    need your response to the previous post

  5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jon steps back again, the zombies blows finding only air. His voice is strained as he calls out to the newly arrived Mika. "We have the dead things, take the other one. Careful though, its resistant to magic. And don't trust your eyes." I hope she is actually here, not another figment.

    He quickly lets loose another holy blast from his revolver, looking to finally re-bury his assailant, His other hand touching his wounds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    know local DC 10: (1d20+5)[18]

    1 Grit smiting shot
    attack (1d20+8)[12] (includes PBS)
    damage (1d8+7)[15] (includes PBS)

    lay hands on self (swift (1d6)[1]
    Last edited by stack; 2011-12-05 at 08:31 AM.
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  6. - Top - End - #606
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    shaken roll in OCC, I failed.

    "Oh, Shelyn! What is that thing? And it has spell defense and you want me to attack it? I'll...I'll try." Mika gives a small gulp and charges forward past the front zombies. Getting close holds out her hands and launches a blast of electricity towards the unknown creature.

    Spoiler
    Show

    move of 60 ft to L5
    cast burning hands. Since I am shaken I have to make a concentration check of (17 from shaken DC+1 level of spell). I have (3caster level+4 charisma bonus+2 for focused mind)
    concentration check (1d20+9)[23] vs DC 18 or loss the spell
    damage (3d4+1)[11]
    reflex half DC 15


  7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    Looks like now I have the upper hand*, eh zombie.
    Tyr said as he tries lobing the head off of the zombie he disarmed (as in really damaged).

    (1d20+4)[23]
    (1d8+1)[3]

  8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll your crit confirmation

  9. - Top - End - #609
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fearing discovery, Huril quickly went about laying something nearby on it's side, as though it was knocked over by him, thus making the noise, then sitting down next to a barrel and looking like he was asleep. At least he could feign waking up as they came near.

  10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    Wait, Zombies can be Crit now? I keep forgetting Pathfinder changes.

    Confirm - (1d20+4)[5]
    (2d8+4)[13]

  11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll a bluff check

  12. - Top - End - #612
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm great at these!
    bluff: (1d20-1)[14]

  13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Jon, Tyr, Gen, Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tyr relieves his undead opponent of yet another hand, avoiding two more wide swings in the process. Meanwhile, John unloads a shot into his opponent, blowing a hole straight through the thing's head. It falls to the ground as Mika sprints past and unleashes a sizzling wave of electricity into the enemy caster.

    The svirfneblin stumbles forward, little whisps of smoke trailing from singed clothing, and unleashes an attack of his own. A wave of darkness emanates from an obsidian disk in the humanoid's little hand, washing over Tyr and Mika and seeming to siphon off their very life.

    @Tyr, Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    11 damage, DC 10 Will save for half


    Just then Genevieve finally reaches the fray, emerging from the darkness and confusion into the clear spot around the battle.

    @Genevieve
    Spoiler
    Show
    DC 17 Will save or shaken


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/ZombieApoc5.jpg


    @Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Weren't you with that sorceress? Your friends bolt at the first sign of trouble, and now you're sleeping on the job. Just get out of my sight." The guard lashes out with a leg, dealing no damage, but sending Huril over the edge of the dock and into the chest-deep water.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lucky for you, the guards sense motive is also terrible. Their attack bonus is pretty good, though.




    @Everyone, regarding XP
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've completed your original mission without being caught. 800 XP apiece.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-12-07 at 04:57 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #614
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    (that was close)
    Huril sputtered as he fell into the water, righting himself as he went down, but still submerged entirely in the river."Hey, aw what the hells man, can't let a fella get some rest. Wait, where'd th' others go, why ain't they guardin' th' boat?" He said as he stood up, grumbling a bit about being soaked to the bone. He pulled himself onto the dock, half expecting to be pushed right back into the river.

  15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lanky woman skids to a stop as she takes in the scene.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save time! (1d20+2)[12]


    Her hands shake a bit, as she levels the cockatrice pepperbox at the strange dwarf creature.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-12-07 at 07:16 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve
    Spoiler
    Show

    BLAM! For all her unease, her aim is...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[20], (1d8+1)[6] if it hits.


    ...entirely unaffected.

    "Jon. We will be speaking after this. You will not like it, I imagine."
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-12-07 at 07:19 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jon moves toward the small mage. "End these spells and surrender. You will not escape. Tell us why you are attacking this place." His revolver is ready and leveled, the now familiar glow growing in the barrel. He moves with steady confidence, hiding the fear and uncertainty brought by the illusion under a mask of stone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to F-5, swift for focused aim, readying action to shoot if the snivfbelwhatsit does anything but freeze. Using 2 grit

    attack (1d20+6)[10] touch attack w/ point blank shot & shaken factored in
    damage (1d8+11)[19] (assuming evil, if non-evil subtract 6, PBS included)
    Last edited by stack; 2011-12-08 at 08:04 AM.
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  18. - Top - End - #618
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save against damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[13]


    "Someone help me against this thing. We need to take it out." A slight tingle of fear can be heard from her voice. The fear is starting to have an affect on her, though. Mika does not want to stress herself again with spellcasting.

    Spoiler
    Show

    elemental ray attack vs touch AC (1d20+1)[12]
    damage (1d6+1)[4]



  19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    This thing has no hands but it just won't die!
    Tyr yells as he strikes the zombie once more trying to cleave it in twain.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save as the dark wave washes over him.
    willsave - (1d20+1)[10]
    +1 more if mindaffecting.

    hit - (1d20+4)[21]
    damage - (1d8+1)[5]

  20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    "They've run off to see to the fire and abandoned their posts, half of them with their pay still in pocket. I'll be taking their share as well as yours, 30 pieces in all, then you'll be following them," responds the guard as he reloads his crossbow.


    @everyone else
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tyr's latest strike hits the mark, and the zombie falls in two twitching pieces. His other opponent unleashes a mighty haymaker, but the agile gunslinger sidesteps once more.

    The diminutive spellcaster ignore the paladin's warning, though out of ignorance or indifference you can't be sure. Mika and Genevieve both fire at the man, but bullet and ray both ricochet harmlessly off his kaleidoscopic shield. Jon's shot pierces the magical defense, inflicting a grievous blow.

    The svirfneblin grasps at the bullet wound, then points at the offending gunslinger and utters a rumbling litany. Jon's vision swims as he tries to fend off the thing's malignant curse.

    @jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    DC 16 fortitude save or blinded. Remember the shaken save penalty.


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-12-08 at 02:13 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    fort save (1d20+7)[23] (includes -2 penalty)


    A cloud passes over Jon's eyes, but he quickly shakes it away as he heals himself again. Finely tooled revolver dropping till taught on it's leather strap, Jon's saber flashes free of its scabbard as he leaps forward, blade arcing toward his diminutive foe. "You had a chance. You will fall for your wickedness."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to H6 (less than 1/2 speed, so no acrobatics check needed if blind)

    attack (1d20+7)[11] (charge and shaken canceling)
    damage (1d6+3)[8]
    miss chance 50% if save failed (1d2)[2] miss on 1
    crit if needed (1d20+7)[17]
    damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Last edited by stack; 2011-12-08 at 08:12 AM.
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  22. - Top - End - #622
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, tis a shame you can't rely on my friends more, here, I shall recompense for my absent mates," Huril said, pulling his coin purse and taking out what they owed before rushing off to the fire, drawing his scimitar with flourish as he did so.

    ((ooc: how much is it in total?))

  23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glaring at the creature like it personally offended her, Genevieve tucked away her gun as she charged the creature. True, her hands were shaking but it was no great obstacle as she drew her rapier with practiced grace, and tried to lay into the wicked dwarf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charging up in front of it in a direct line to H7. Attacking! (1d20+6)[8], and (1d6+1)[5] damage if it connects.

    Sadly, the thing is quicker than it looks, and her blade catches only empty air.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-12-08 at 10:10 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  24. - Top - End - #624
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    How can those two get close like that? Come on...if they can, you can do this...Maybe just a little further back. The fear begins to become too much for Mika to stand. She points at the creature releasing another blast of energy then moves away from it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    elemental ray attack vs touch AC (1d20+1)[21]
    damage (1d6+1)[4]
    move action to R5

  25. - Top - End - #625

  26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    30 gold, 10 each for you, Jon, and Tyr. Mika and Genevieve returned their pay.

  27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry for the lull. I'm very busy with moving and haven't had time to do a proper battle post. I should be back to a more normal posting schedule tomorrow

  28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, sorry for the delay. Moving sucks


    @Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Need your actions.

  29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    A little internet delay.
    Now to attack the other one. Tyr said.
    (1d20+4)[7]
    (1d8+1)[6]

  30. - Top - End - #630
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @everyone but Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jon and Genevieve close with the spellcaster and hack away, but their blades find no purchase as it dodges out of their way. Mika seems more fortunate, hitting the enemy squarely in the chest, but her electrical ray withers away to a cold spark as it strikes him, doing no damage to speak of. Tyr's luck is no better, as he slices wide of his undead opponent.

    The nimble svirfneblin hops back, once more grasping at the obsidian disk on its neck and unleashing a shadowy wave of negative energy.

    @Tyr, Gen, Jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    13 damage, DC 10 Will save for 6 damage



    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-12-16 at 12:34 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •