Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    will (1d20+7)[10]


    Jon recoils from the dark power emanating from the gnome, hands up to momentarily shield himself. The wave of evil sapping his energy, he nevertheless presses on, healing his wounds somewhat, the light driving away the chill. He staggers forward, cutting and thrusting with his saber, hoping to drop his foe before he could do more harm.

    Spoiler
    Show
    move to J-7, attack (1d20+5)[14] includes shaken penalty
    damage (1d6+3)[8] using dervish dance
    +6 HP from lay hand, rolled OOC
    Last edited by stack; 2011-12-16 at 08:37 AM.
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    Looks like I need to work on my accuracy. Tyr said as he tries another swing.
    (1d20+4)[13]
    (1d8+1)[5]
    I'll roll Will save in OCC thread.

  3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mika watches as he wave of necromatic energy sweeps through her friends. I so don't want to go through there...But I can't leave them like this. I...I have to hit it hard again. Mika gulps here fear away and moves behind the monster and prays for her magic to work.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to L10 and use burning hands.
    concentration check (1d20+7)[20] vs DC 18 or lose the spell.
    damage (3d4+1)[11]
    reflex DC 16 to half (I was forgetting about elemental focus last time.)


  4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @ everyone but Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mika bravely rushed back into the range of the evil little caster, holding her composure long enough to unleash a fan of lightening. This time her spell strikes true, and sparks literally fly between the svirfneblin's teeth. He hit the ground like a felled tree, the electrical surge stiffening his limbs.

    Without its master to support it, the remaining zombie easily falls victim to your combines attacks

    Loot
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 suit small scale mail, bronze
    1 small heavy flail, bronze
    1 charm necklace consisting of an impact-flattened bullet on a bronze chain
    1 cloak which seems to expand to human-size as you strip it from the corpse.



    560 XP for everyone. I don't want XP gaps between players, so even Huril gets some.

  5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon looks up from the charred corpse. "That seems to be the only one here. Let's tend our wounds quickly and make certain there are no more attacking elsewhere."

    He pauses. "Where is Huril? Did he stay with the ship?"

    He wipes and sheaths his blade before carefully reloading his pistol, dropping the spent brass into a pocket.
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve

    Genevieve tenses up as the negative energy hits her... (1d20)[3] No good, as it slices to her soul and she coughs in pain.

    Shuddering from the blast, she sighs in relief as the gnome falls...

    Then turns to Jon, her face devoid of expression and her single eye studying him carefully.

    "Huril stayed behind to do the job that you ran away from."

    "Tell me right now why you are travelling with this group."
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-12-16 at 10:41 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon first looks incredulous, then his face hardens. "First, I don't run away. If your priorities put mucking about in some trade dispute over saving the town from an undead invasion, then perhaps you need to examine your priorities."

    "Second, I didn't ask you to come. You are here of your own choice, so I fail to see what gives you the right to chastise me. Huril can take care of himself. I was no use there and much use here. All of you made the same decision, so stow it."


    "You seem quick to question me. Know this: nothing will stop me from doing what is right. And next time you think to call me out, either have a reason or bite your tongue. Now, I am going to make sure there are no more zombies. You all do as you wish."

    Spoiler
    Show
    lay hands x2 (2d6)[8]
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Whoa, look, while I didn't like leaving the job either, the Pal had a point. These zombies might have hurt many innocents. Although, we can't question the mage now tha he is dead so we still know nothing about why they attacked.

    Tyr said as he tried to calm everyone down and shealths his sword.
    Let's just grab the stuff and check on Huril. He should be there when we split the loot.

  9. - Top - End - #639
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Oh, Shelyn. It is over." Mika gives a very noticeable sigh of relief. "Exactly, there is no time for fighting. We should get back to our boat. Huril should be around there or should be close by. And if he already got out of the ship...let's just hope that he saw my lighting and knows to come here. Jon wait..." *Sigh*

    "I don't have many spells left. I won't be able to do much more. Especially if there is another one like this guy. One or both of you want to go with him and make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid?" Mika says to Tyr and Gene.

  10. - Top - End - #640
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Huril came trotting up to the rest of the group, his clothes still soaked from his stint in the river. "Eh, how've you lot been farin' over here?" He asked as they were discussing the relevance of their recent actions.

  11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Though the opponent you stumbled across has been defeated, the assault on the settlement hasn't ceased. More shots ring out from the southeast, and the fire continues to spread. If there's any kind of organized resistance, you haven't seen it.

  12. - Top - End - #642
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Jon first looks incredulous, then his face hardens. "First, I don't run away. If your priorities put mucking about in some trade dispute over saving the town from an undead invasion, then perhaps you need to examine your priorities."

    "Second, I didn't ask you to come. You are here of your own choice, so I fail to see what gives you the right to chastise me. Huril can take care of himself. I was no use there and much use here. All of you made the same decision, so stow it."


    "You seem quick to question me. Know this: nothing will stop me from doing what is right. And next time you think to call me out, either have a reason or bite your tongue. Now, I am going to make sure there are no more zombies. You all do as you wish."

    Spoiler
    Show
    lay hands x2 [roll0]
    Genevieve leans in, ignoring the others.

    "I came here to get power and money. I have stuck with you so far, because you seem to be a decent man and this has made me fairly rich. You want to do some good along the way, that is fine."

    "It looks like you wish to be the leader. You certainly talk big enough. Very well. I do not object to this."

    "But I will not follow someone who agrees to a job then discards it on a whim. I will not follow someone who demands that others follow HIS moral code, and ignore their own. Or someone who does not listen to the concerns of those who follow him."

    "I have seen many, many paladins rise up and yell "This is right!", and give their lives for some nebulous greater good. I have seen many good people dragged down with them because they did not walk away."

    "I can walk away right here and now. Give me a reason to follow you."

    "Be a leader, not just a crusader. Can you handle that?"
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon turns back to Genevieve as he loads his blunderbuss. "You say I want to lead? No, I make my path. If others follow, that is their choice. We have fought beside each other and done much in a short time. For that I thank you. But I will not ask anyone to go one step further down my path than they wish."

    "You want fortune and glory, that is your business. I hope you find what you need. I didn't come here, I left there. I will make my way as best I am able, though I cannot let my hand rest idle when I am faced with injustice."

    "You say I talk big. If I say a word more than I do, then I deserve your censure, and my own. Know this; any who stand with me receive the full measure. In Andoran, we stand with our friends, we don't sell them to the executioners for a pat on the head from the days regime. I count you all as friends."

    "Now, I still hear the sounds of battle. I am going to fight it. And I say again, I ask nothing of any of you."

    "Huril, it's good to see you. I look forward to hearing your tale when this is over."


    He turns sharply and heads toward the sounds of the worst fighting, skirting the edge of town in hopes of catching the enemies flank.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bhaakon gives roleplay XP, so we can squabble whenever you want.
    Last edited by stack; 2011-12-19 at 08:06 AM.
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Friends." Genevieve muses for a second, then nods.

    "Yes, we are, aren't we? Well, that settles it then. That is all the reason I needed."

    She strides after Jon, reloading as she goes.

    "I will not throw my life away backing a crusader's play for glory. But I think I can stand to help a friend kick a little undead ass."

    And somehow, she feels just a little lighter at that. It feels almost like... No, no that door is shut. Isn't it?

    Maybe not.

    "Now let us go and be big damn heroes."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  15. - Top - End - #645
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Huril watches the other two argue about morals and justification, confused as to why anyone would spend time talking when in such danger, but he let the thought go as they did and followed after Jon.

    "Lead on, Jon, I'm with ya....Say, what're we up against?" Huril asked, noting the bodies, but not willing to make any assumptions, since he hadn't been there in the first place.

  16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon smiles as Genevieve closes, then responds to Huril. "Zombies. Seemed to be controlled by the gnome-like one, a priest of some kind, judging by the symbol around his neck. Can't say more than that, he didn't seem interested in talking. Maybe there will be others we can question after the town is safe."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully not too many more, out of grit and lay hands.
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  17. - Top - End - #647
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika watches for a moment as the rest of the group moves away. OK, do I go back to the safety of the ship, which would probably have all of the sailors awake and ready to sail if it becomes too dangerous...or do I risk my life again with only a few spells remaining... *sigh* "I just can't believe this." Mika raises her head and runs after the others.

    "If there are anymore of the necromancers around, I hope that they don't have that zone of fear again."

  18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Shots continue to ring out, joined by the clash of steel. Most of it seems to be coming from the direction of the fire, though there's a growing uproar from back towards the docks as well.

  19. - Top - End - #649
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope everyone had a nice holidays, but its time tog et things started back up here.

  20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    (Jon will head toward the fire where the sounds of the heaviest fighting are coming from, rather than towards the scene of the crime.)
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

  21. - Top - End - #651
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve follows Jon, pepperbox at the ready...
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    (Internet was going funky, but it seems to work now)
    Tyr says I will check out the scene by the dock. I know you can handle the other way. as he runs.

  23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you run back towards the docks, you find odd little groups of dead people, formed roughly in circles, and with no marks upon their bodies. Though not dead long (they weren't here when you ran past a few moments ago) the bodies are already cool to the touch. Undoubtedly the work of some foul magic.

    When you approach the waterfront you see most of the population, 200 people or more, crowded around the dock entrance. The saltpeter raft sits a few dozen yard out on the water, the professional guards using their crossbows to threatening the few townsfolk foolhardy enough to make a swim for their boat. The men hired to guard the dock are not aboard.

    The Splinter, the keel boat you rode in on, hangs to the dock only by one line. Its cargo has been thrown hastily on the quay--even the valuable mercury and explosives--and the crew, weapons brandished, are filtering out the youngest among the mob to come aboard (mostly adolescents and, perhaps, a few well-disguised halflings. There aren't many children in a mining town like this one).

    You see shadows flitting in the dark alleys and side streets, some of them of decidedly short statured, and the first of the undead step into the light of the main street just as you reach the crowd.


    @everyone else
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you move towards the sounds of battle, you come across odd groups of dead townsfolk, arranged roughly in circles, and without a wound upon them. Clearly some type of foul magic, but, unable to do anything for them, you press on.

    The source of the smoke and flame proves to be a burning wagon stacked with bails of hay in a corral on the edge of town. The gates piercing the crude stone wall around the corral have been locked, turning it into a makeshift fort. Many bodies, both long dead zombies and freshly expired defenders, litter the ground, but only a handful of townsfolk, led by the Sheriff, remain to battle a similarly scant number of attackers.

    map/init
    Spoiler
    Show
    initiative:
    mika (1d20+2)[6]
    gen (1d20+3)[21]
    jon (1d20+3)[18]
    huril (1d20+5)[19]
    defenders/sheriff [rolll]1d20+2[/roll] edit: rolled a 15 OOC
    enemies (1d20)[19]


    red: enemies
    Z: zombies
    ?: svirfneblin
    Pink: defenders
    S: sheriff

    Pretend the pit of lava is the burning wagon.

    you can treat the gates (the brown lines/logs) as if they weren't there for purposes of movement. The walls follow rules for low obstacle cover (see here). TL:DR creatures get cover if they're behind low walls, unless the person shooting is closer to the wall than the target.


    GEN AND HURIL ARE UP, THEN ENEMIES, THEN EVERYONE ELSE, THEN REPEAT. FULL ROUND ACTIONS (NO SURPRISE ROUND THIS TIME).


    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-01-03 at 08:29 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Everyone except Tyr, because he HAS to be THAT GUY.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Genevieve glares at the nearest short, evil gnome.

    No good shot, too many friendlies! Time to charge!

    "HAVE AT YOU!"

    And she rushes forward, bursting through the gates and slamming into the nearest Svirfneblin, rapier jabbing and stabbing... And going wide, as she has to dodge around the burning wagon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Still wounded, so hopefully these guys go down quick... AC reduced by 2, charged to L11 with a rapier attack (1d20+8)[10], (1d6+1)[6] if it connects.

    On the off chance of crit, confirmation says (1d20+8)[20], (1d6+1)[6] if it connects.

    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-01-04 at 09:18 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  25. - Top - End - #655
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing Gen charge headlong into danger, Huril takes a more cautious approach, maneuvering around to flank the gnome with the townsperson, drawing his curved sword as he went. His own wounds were still rather severe, but it was time to fight, and he wasn't going to back down.

    Move to M10.

  26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    I wanna be That Guy is a tough game... the invisible clouds always get me.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Well, this is good timing Tyr thought (putting disguise on from before when we freed those slaves).
    Stop right there necrophage. I am Manuel the Gun Wielder, here to truimph over wrongs, and kill people. And that means you (points revolver at the undead). Keep away citizens, justice is dangerous business.
    Tyr moves as he draws (up to 30 feet so he can attack touch AC), activates Deadly aim (-2 hit, +4 damage) and Focused aim with his revolver on the undead that appeared.
    (1d20+7)[24]
    (1d8+9)[12]

  27. - Top - End - #657
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your shot blasts through the undead monstrosity's milky eye, but the newly ventilated corpse doesn't fall. It staggers towards you, but is cut off--literally, its head is cut off--by a burly miner with an axe--one of the toughs hired to hold the dock, now abandoned by his treacherous employer. The mob, already crowded near the water, compacts even further. A shout goes out, a combination of those who can see the undead threat and those who are being trampled. Only about twenty brave souls step forward from the crowd to face the threat, but more seem wavering as to whether to fight or flee.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not going to make a map for this, too big and complex.


    @everyone else
    Spoiler
    Show
    Genevieve and Huril charge in, giving the defenders a moral boost if nothing else. One of the defenders manages to slice through a svirfneblin's armor and bury and axe in its shoulder as Huril distracts it, while another lops and arm clean off his zombie assailant. The Sheriff finished reloading he pepperbox, and empties a pair of barrels into another svirfneblin.

    The enemies quickly turn the tables, though, as the svirfneblin holding back begins finishes off a spell that settles over the combatants in the corral.

    @Gen, Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save DC 14 or -1 to attack and saves vs fear.


    And the defender pinned against the stone wall by a pair of zombies, an arm wrenched free of his body by grasping, undead hands.

    map

    *= injured

    Everyone is up
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-01-04 at 05:28 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #658
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Not more of them." Mika thinks of charging in right away but after seeing the spell being cast from one of the creatures decides to help the more powerful combatant first. She places a hand on Jon giving him a small boost of confidence. She then moves into (but around) the fray.

    @Jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    cast resistance on you (+1 to all of your saves for 6 rounds)


    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to M12. Also it looks like you moved people into the wrong space. Gene moved to M10 and Huril moved to L11.


  29. - Top - End - #659
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, Gen to L11, Huril to M10 is correct

  30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon follows the others tardily, letting his scatter-gun to sway in it's sling and drawing his blade. Seeing his friends doubling one gnome, he rushes to the next, intent on relieving the beleaguered defenders.

    He calls out as he moves, "We will help. Any severely wounded should fall back."

    Spoiler
    Show
    double move to J-10, drawing saber
    Last edited by stack; 2012-01-04 at 09:27 PM.
    Check out this DSP project:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    (Unsolicited Contributor Wannabe)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •