Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Darn you that guy!
    Spoiler
    Show


    Genevieve glares as the wave of fear washes over her.

    I should be the one inspiring the fear, damn it! Steadying herself, she takes a few savage strikes with her rapier.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+2)[21] for my will save. If it fails, then treat this attack roll as one less... Rapier Strike! (1d20+5)[12] vs AC. Then (1d6+1)[5] damage if it hits...

    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @everyone but tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Genevieve lunges at one of the diminutive attackers, but it dances back out of the her reach... and spits itself on the outstretched swords of Huril and one of the miners.

    Jon charges towards the remaining svirfneblin warrior, buts stops short as it whips around a wicked bronze flail and batters the paladin through his leathers.

    @ jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 damage


    The sheriff responds with another shot from her pepperbox, grazing the wicked creature's shoulder blades.

    Meanwhile, another defender brings his blade down on a zombie, nearly slicing it in half. Before he can celebrate his smll victory, he grabs at his eyes and screams in terror, blinded by the magics of the nearby svirfneblin cleric. As he gropes blindingly with his sword, another zombie falls upon him with a crushing blow.

    Map
    Spoiler
    Show


    Black = blinded
    * = injured
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-01-08 at 03:56 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Seeing the troubled local, Jon slides next to him, hacking at the zombie with fluid strokes, hoping to grant the man a reprieve from the undead assault.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step to I9
    attack zombie w/ saber (1d20+7)[5](12)
    damage (1d6+3)[6]
    crit if needed (1d20+7)[21]
    damage (1d6+3)[8]
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve curses and slides left, slicing as she goes...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to I-10, and attacking the ?* that's injured. Rapier STEE-RIKE! (1d20+6)[13] to his, (1d6+1)[3] damage if it's good. In case of crit... (1d20+6)[11] to confirm, (1d6+1)[6] more damage.

    EDIT: Good GOD my dice have gone to hell...
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-01-09 at 12:28 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  5. - Top - End - #665
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    With everyone else taking care of the front line attackers, Mika moves around and launches a ray at the monster in back
    Spoiler
    Show
    move to L6
    cast elemental ray against the monster at H5 attack (1d20+3)[9]
    damage (1d6+1)[5]

  6. - Top - End - #666
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Keeping to the fringes of the fight, Huril moves to flank the ? with Jon as he slashes at the zombie nearest to him.

    Move to K8 and attack the zombie.
    to hit: (1d20+10)[11]
    damage: (1d6+5)[10]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh man, angry boardroller is angry.



    The melee continues, to no effect. The Sheriff empties two barrells of her pepperbox, missing with the first shot and only winging a svirfneblin with the second, while Mika maneuvers around the fight to fire a bolt of electricity wide of the enemy spellcaster.

    The Svirfneblin cleric take a few steps closer to the brawls, then lifts his obsidian holy symbol and points at Huril

    @huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    DC 14 Will save or frightened


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #668
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon steps to the side, closing with the caster, while slicing at the zombie repeatedly to give relief to the beleaguered townsman. Draw attention to myself, focus them on someone who can take it...I hope I can take it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step to I-8 (threatens the gnome)

    attack zombie (1d20+7)[10](17)
    damage (1d6+3)[5]
    crit (1d20+7)[3](10)
    damage (1d6+3)[9]

    I don't suppose these guys are slavers?
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  9. - Top - End - #669
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Shifting slightly, Huril moves to flank the zombie with the townsman, hoping that will give them the edge they need to take it down. His sword work was rather subpar at the moment, wounded as he was.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Five foot step to K8 and attack the zambie.
    to hit: (1d20+12)[17]
    damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    crit? (1d20+12)[24]
    damage: (1d6+5)[11]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  10. - Top - End - #670
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika looks at the gnome for a second considering what to do next. ray or spell? only have a few left... Mika lashes her finger forward to shot out a single ray out towards the gnome.

    Spoiler
    Show

    ray attack (1d20+3)[5]
    damage (1d6+1)[5]

  11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve hisses in triumph as Huril steps up to attack the Zombie. The small creature that SHE is fighting is flanked!

    She sends her rapier singing out, poking for weak spots...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Board roller, work with me here...! (1d20+8)[26] to attack, (1d6+1)[6] damage. Crit says... (1d20+8)[15] to confirm, (1d6+1)[2] more if so.

    YES!

    Not sure if a 15 confirms, but it's only two points either way so meh.


    And finds one! The thing shrieks as her blade gouges into the muscle below the skin.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-01-12 at 01:16 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    nope, not slavers per se (though an interesting question: is necromancy slavery of the dead?


    @everyone but Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mika and the Sheriff fire at the svirfneblin priest, but both miss badly. Their target responds in kind, battering the Sorceress with a bronze flail.

    @Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    7 damage


    Jon steps up to defend the blinded miner, cutting the offending zombie open from hip the knee and giving the beleaguered man the chance to back away unmolested. The good deed proves costly, as a rock-hard fist to the chin has the paladin seeing stars.

    @jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    11 damage


    Genevieve and Huril also break apart the enemy formation, scoring hits on their targets and creating an opening for the third defender without exposing themselves to undead flailing or bronze flail.


    map
    Spoiler
    Show


    @Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mob at the dock is split between defending themselves and fleeing the approaching threat. Perhaps some speechifying to harden their backbone?

  13. - Top - End - #673
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon reels from the blow, staggering back and shaking his head to clear the stars. A quick spit clear his mouth of blood as he continues his blade dance, cutting in graceful arcs despite his great fatigue.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+7)[23]
    damage (1d6+3)[7]

    HP 8, AC 16, wishing I had more uses of lay hands
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  14. - Top - End - #674
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The mace rattles her mind. Her mind slowly rattles as she tries to get her mind back in order. But whatever is going on, there is an enemy way to close to her for her liking. She takes a set back and shots out a ray hoping to keep him away.

    Spoiler
    Show

    5ft step back to M6
    elemental ray against K7 attack (1d20+3)[18]
    damage (1d6+1)[7]

  15. - Top - End - #675
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Seeing Jon take a heavy blow, Huril slashed at the Svirfneblin he and Genevieve were flanking, moving carefully as he did, covering the paladin's back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack the priest at J9, then 5-foot-step to J8.
    to hit: (1d20+12)[28]
    damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    crit?: (1d20+12)[17]
    damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Everyone but Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huril's and Genevieve's blade converge on the surrounded svirfneblin, slipping through chinks on either side of is torso and piercing both lungs. The warrior is down almost before he registers the hits, hacking weakly with clear the blood rising in his lungs.

    The nearby defender dodges a swing from his undead opponent, then lays open the thing's thigh with a savage swing.

    Jon shakes the stars from his head and jumps back into the fray, his sword unerringly seeking the zombie's neck. The corpse--no longer animated--falls to the ground in two pieces.

    The Svirfneblin caster wheels on Huril as Mika backs out of range, but its bronze flail catches only the dusty earth as the skilled swordsman dances aside. The Sheriff's bullets and Mika's bolt of electricity converge on the enemy, but the wounds seem only superficial.

    map
    Spoiler
    Show


    everyone up, 24 hours
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-01-17 at 02:47 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #677
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon steps forward. "Huril, need a hand?"

    He smiles despite his battered condition, his blade continuing it's dance, arcing smoothly from the now fallen zombie toward the stunted caster as he glides into position.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step to 7-J
    attack (1d20+7)[10]
    damage (1d6+3)[8]
    crit (1d20+7)[23]
    damage (1d6+3)[8]


    If Huril moves, we can flank for the +2 bonus
    Last edited by stack; 2012-01-17 at 08:04 AM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  18. - Top - End - #678
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Huril stops and changes direction, bounding to the side of the short foe, taking up a flanking position with Jon, nodding in affirmation to Jon's aid as his scimitar comes flashing down for another strike.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5' step to L7 and attack.
    to hit: (1d20+12)[26]
    damage: (1d6+5)[7]
    crit?: (1d20+12)[17]
    damage: (1d6+5)[8]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Everyone but Tyr, because he's THAT guy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Genevieve steps up smartly to the last defender, saluting as she goes. "Courage. We are nearly victorious, mon ami!"

    With that, she runs the zombie through.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to J9, then... Attack! (1d20+6)[23], and (1d6+1)[7] damage. On a crit, that's... (1d20+6)[24], and (1d6+1)[4] damage.


    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-01-17 at 02:45 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  20. - Top - End - #680
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mika watches as her allies continue to attack. She wonders for a second how nice it would be to be able to do more but she shakes her head and moves south and shoots the zombie.

    Spoiler
    Show

    move to M9
    attack the zombie with electric ray (just noticed that I was forgetting that I don't have precise shot and so I get -4) (1d20-1)[16]
    damage (1d6+1)[3]


  21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @everyone but that guy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Genevieve delievers the finishing blow to the shaky zombie, while Jon distracts the remaining svirfneblin long enough to Huril's scimitar to cut deep into its hamstring. The runty caster stumbles, giving the sheriff, now circling south, a clear shot at its forehead. She doesn't miss,

    As you quickly stri the bodies, with an eye out for potential magic items, the Sheriff describes what has happened. "A wave of them swarming out of the hills, mostly corpses with a few of the little demons mixed in. The dozen or so who didn't turn tail took shelter in the walled corral. They spent a few minutes whittlin' us down, but then the leader--at least I think it was the leader, she wore black robes and never got close to the fightin'--yelled something in that rumble tongue and left with most of the deaders."



    Spoiler
    Show
    Sheriff crit-ed the last enemy


    @everyone: XP, loot
    Spoiler
    Show
    870 XP apiece

    A bunch of bronze weapons/armor (which I assume you don't want, but I'll note them if you wish)

    1x ring (magical)
    1x amulet (magical)
    400 gp (in jewelry and gems, since they don't really have money, but it's easier to just give it to you in GP)

  22. - Top - End - #682
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I forget, which XP track are we on? I assume medium, if we had been on fast we would have hit level 4 @ 6,000 XP


    As the last foe falls, Jon slumps visibly. He slowly wipes his blade on his sash before sheathing it. "This woman in black, was she one of the gnome-like ones, or did she appear human-sized?"

    "Mika, if I could have use of your wand I would see to our wounds. Then we can Find Tyr and make certain there are no zombies left in the town."
    Last edited by stack; 2012-01-18 at 09:58 AM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  23. - Top - End - #683
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Not you, That Guy! Everyone else can read.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Genevieve sighs in relief and wipes her blade clean. "I am a bit wounded as well. Let us secure Tyr. After that... This needs to be dealt with, methinks."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  24. - Top - End - #684
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    Mika is about to open her mouth when she remembers how the wand opposed her with it's first use. She hands over the wand of CLW with a smile. "Of course Jon."

    Mika is split between searching for the undead and taking a rest. We might be able to stop them before they get away...But I'm almost out of magic and Jon is out of his healing...why did we ever come here. Mika gives a sign "Yeah...we should take care of this. But first heal everyone Jon. I will check the items quickly. They might help us. Detect magic"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank god for only 3 rounds to determine magic properties. Also sopa/pipa protest is stopping me from seeing my spellcraft. Here are the rolls but I will check my ranks in spellcraft as soon as possible.
    spellcraft ring (1d20)[20]
    spellcraft amulet (1d20)[16]


  25. - Top - End - #685
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @everyone but tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    @Jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fast track. You leveled after the previous fight, but haven't been able to rest yet.


    @Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    After a few moments' study, you determine that you hold a ring of maniacal devices.

    The amulet emits an aura of faint transmutation, but its exact function evades you.


    "She was a short one," responds the Sheriff.

  26. - Top - End - #686
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Very nice. This ring helps with making and disarming traps and other devices. I don't think that I can use this to the best of it's ability. Maybe someone else. But I will take a bit of healing while your at it Jon."

  27. - Top - End - #687
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Once the wounded are tended to, Jon hands the wand back. "We should find Tyr. I'm confident that if there is any trouble in town, he will be in the middle of it. We can try to track down this mystery woman after, no use trying at this hour, especially when there may be more around."

    He takes the blunderbuss in hand and heads back to town.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve follows Jon, rapier tucked away and pepperbox loaded, ready for action.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  29. - Top - End - #689
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Thanks for that Jon, Mika, too, of course," Huril said after getting healed. He hadn't felt this good in days, and he still had some cuts and sore spots. He followed the others, sheathing his sword as they went.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The Sheriff and the remaining able-bodied miner head for the docks with you (the blinded miner, of no more use in combat, is hidden in the stalls of the corral and told to wait out the battle).

    You hurry through the town, now abandoned and ransacked, without meeting resistance. You see why as you near your destination, a ragged semi-circle of zombies--well over a hundred of them--have the settlement's residents pushed up against the docks. A ring of defenders--Tyr among them--has positioned themselves around the mob, but it looks like battle has yet to commence. Your veteran eyes can see that the zombies and defenders are evenly matched, and even a small turn of fortune could bring victory to either side.

    Off to the side, you hear the low drone of chanting in the svirfneblins' odd tongue.

    @Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see them in the distance, and may join them if you wish; the zombies have you surrounded, but there are gaps in their line.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-01-19 at 12:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •