Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 720 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon begins to charge ahead, put pulls up short. "That voice...if we can finish off the gnome-thing, perhaps the zombies will be weakened? She will not be undefended though. I would go to the survivors, but we may be of greater use taking out the force controlling them. Are we willing to split yet again, or shall we stay together?"
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve shakes her head. "No. No more splitting. A fist with one finger unclenched cannot punch well. Let us save these people, collect our wayward Tyr, THEN go after the witch!"
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "...So many...Yes lets go and get him. And then fix this." Mika keeps up with the others. It is much safer to stay together then be separate.

  4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Tyr had been fighting these things left and right. While main battle hadn't commence, things were not looking great. Just then like a light of the rising morning, he saw his allies. Tyr shouted in no particular direction in case zombies would notice them (his allies who just arrived).
    Hey, you guys, I guess I got into a bit of trouble.
    Men, would that we would not have to fight this battle. That these dead would not rise from the netherworld to attack and kill us. But ours is not the day we wish but the day that is. But happy day it is, that we can prove our worth against these vile creatures for this town. Know that one day when poets speak of this battle, of this moment, and of this day; they will know of our bravery and our fight. Let's make it a good one!

    Tyr then fired at the closest zombie with the deadliest aim with his mighty focus.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Using Deadly aim and Focus shot with revolver.
    (1d20+6)[22], +1 hit if within 30 ft.
    (1d8+8)[14], +1 dam if within 30 ft.

  5. - Top - End - #695
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Inspirin' stuff, huh? I say we get in there and save those folks, quick as can be, then set about cuttin' this runtling mage," Huril said, looking to the others for affirmation before charging in alone.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  6. - Top - End - #696
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Excellent. My scattergun should prove useful. Afterwards it will likely be blade-work." Jon takes position with none of the other in front of him and advances quickly, blunderbuss leveled.

    Spoiler
    Show
    initiative (1d20+3)[4]
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  7. - Top - End - #697
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika can't help but roll her eyes at Tyr's speech. But she continues to move forward trying to find an opening to attack the spell caster. Only a few shots left. I have to make them count.

  8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Tyr, I shall give you lessons on speaking when we are done here."

    Genevieve finds a good spot and starts shooting at the hostiles.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    A horde of zombies is interposed between the group and Tyr as the melee begins in earnest. The two sides seem evenly matched overall, but your presence would likely tip the tide. The sooner you finish off your immediate opponents, the sooner you can help the rest of the defenders. You can still feel the rumbling bass of the chanting svirfneblin coming from somewhere to the north, but you don't see any of them mixed in with the undead.

    Map + important info
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's hard to handle big battles with D&D combat rules, so I've ginned up this system: There are 100 defenders. At the end of each round it takes you to beat the zombies in front of you, I'll roll 1d20 (using the board roller, so you can all see; I won't start until you've all had at least 1 turn). Whatever I roll is the number of defenders to die that round. If they all die, the battle is lost. If you finish off your zombies before that, you join the main group and rout the remaining zombies, gaining bonus XP proportional to the number of survivors. If you like, you can spend a standard action to use social skills to bolster the defenders (basically, you'll
    be able to save your roll + bonus for good role play - 15 people, though a poor roll won't result in more deaths, just a wasted turn on your part). If you've any question about this complex system, I'll answer them OOC.

    Huril is the only one who beat the Zombie's initiative, so he gets to go first. Full round of actions.


    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-01-21 at 11:49 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #700
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Seeing his companions readying to fight, he grinned, and charged out before any of them, floating on his feet as he closed ranks with the undead, his sword flashing to his hand before slicing out at the mass of dead flesh before him. "Let's do this!" Huril shouted as he ran, just before he slipped into his battle trance, needing every bit of skill he had.

    Move to F11 and attack the zombie at G12.

    To hit: (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    Crit?: (1d20+10)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[9]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Huril charges into the fight, burying his scimitar in zombie flesh. The quick-footed warrior dances out of the way of the clumsy undead fists as he fulls his sword free.

    A quartet of animated undead charge Tyr's defensive line, but they're too slow to land a hit on their living counterparts.

    map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone is up.

    I'll run the sheriff/defenders turn as if they go after the group, but before the enemies, so don't worry about waiting for them to go.



    Oops, forgot to give Huril has background color. Don't read anything into it.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-01-23 at 09:08 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Alright, this one dies twice.
    Tyr said as he 5 ft steps back and let loose the the bullet in his gun at the zombie at M-8 twice.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Deadly aim at zombie, rapid fire
    attack 1 - (1d20+5)[11]
    attack 2 - (1d20+5)[8]
    damage 1 - (1d8+5)[13]
    damage 2 - (1d8+5)[6]

  13. - Top - End - #703
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon lets the blunderbuss fall in it's harness, saber leaping to hand in its stead as he leaps forward. His blade flashes, engaging one of the foul undead to keep Huril from being surrounded.

    Spoiler
    Show
    charge to F-9, attack zombie
    (1d20+9)[28] (charge included)
    damage (1d6+3)[6] (slashing)
    from OOC confirm crit (1d20+9)[15]
    damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Last edited by stack; 2012-01-24 at 09:58 AM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve raises her rapier.

    "FOR YOUR TOWN! FOR YOUR LIVES! FOR YOUR CHILDREN! FOR YOUR WIVES!"

    "TAKE THEM DOWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!"


    And she moves forward relentlessly, trying to find a good place to get stuck in...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to E10, and attempting a diplomacy check to fire up the defenders!

    (1d20+8)[11]

    ::Sighs:: Dice roller, y u hate me so?
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-01-24 at 12:59 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  15. - Top - End - #705
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Huril! Look out." Mika moves forward, allowing her arcane magic begin to flow over her. She then thrusts her hands forward as she releases a bolt of electricity over Huril and the zombies

    Spoiler
    Show

    move to D11
    cast burning hands on E11 and F10 to G13 Reflex vs DC 15 to half damage
    damage (3d4+1)[11]

  16. - Top - End - #706
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Hearing Mika's warning, Huril is able to avoid the worst of her attack, but still spasms some from the lightling coursing through his body. He staggers for a single moment, then resumes his attack, focusing on the zombie he had already hit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d20+10)[23]
    damage: (1d6+5)[9]
    crit: (1d20+10)[26]
    damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve's exhortations fall on deaf ears, as a mining town full of young bachelors have no families to defend.

    The direct approach of her companions proves more effective. Mika summons forth a sheet of lighting that drops one of the zombies and leaves two more smoking. Huril, having dodged the brunt of Mika's magic, quickly finishes off the survivors. Jon charges into the fray, delivering a powerful overhand chop that splits one of the shambling corpses from shoulder to pelvis. The Sheriff and the minor who followed you take their shots at another, but miss.

    On the other side of the fight, the zombies swap blows with the local defenders, but no one falls. Tyr jumps back a step and unloads on his target, but his bullets have little stopping power against the dead.

    Map, etc
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[11] of 100 defenders dead


  18. - Top - End - #708
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon gives his blade a quick shake as he kicks the corpse away, his movement un-slowed by the blow. "I will take the one on the left. Someone finish the one threatening the wounded man." He continues his head-long rush, slowing just enough to aim his blows.

    Spoiler
    Show
    charge to K7
    attack (1d20+9)[2](11) (charge included)
    damage (1d6+3)[7]
    confirm crit if needed (1d20+9)[6](15)
    damage (1d6+3)[5]

    Last edited by stack; 2012-01-25 at 04:46 PM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  19. - Top - End - #709
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    With the fall of the large zombie horde, Mika turns and points her finger releasing the remaining electricity in her hands towards the remaining zombie. She then goes towards the remaining zombies. "Sorry again." Mika calls back to Huril as she moves forward

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elemental ray against Zombie at C13 (1d20-1)[17]
    damage (1d6+1)[4]
    move action to J10

  20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve scowls. "Fine, then fight for your damn lives, people."

    Without further ado, she charges, rapier out and stabbing...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Right! Charging to M10 and attacking. (1d20+10)[23] vs. AC, (1d6+1)[4] damage. On the REALLY unlikely chance we get a crit, it'll be (1d20+10)[28] to confirm, and (1d6+1)[4] damage.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  21. - Top - End - #711
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    With his immediate foes destroyed, Huril charges with the others, keeping the pressure and momentum up, knowing that every moment was vital.

    Charge to M11 and attack the wounded zombie, if it is still alive.

    Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d20+10)[20]
    damage: (1d6+5)[11]
    crit: (1d20+10)[20]
    damage: (1d6+5)[11]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Huril and Genevieve charge forward to aid a beleaguered miner, the cavalier dispatching an injured zombie while the scimitar-wielding swordsman and the injured defender slice the second to ribbons.

    Jon attempts to mirror their actions, but arrives too late. His sword digs a furrow in the hard-packed dirt as the zombie brings its fists down on the miner's head with a sickening crack.

    A bolt of electricity leaps from Mika's finger into another zombie as the sorceress mover forward. A pair of shots from the Sheriff's pistol hit the same target, but to no apparent effect.

    One of Tyr's shots also strikes home, even as the gunslinger backpedals out of reach of his maggoty assailant. The bullet blows through the corpse's knee, an injury even a zombie can't ignore.

    Map, etc
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[31] of 100 defenders dead (ouch, natural 20)

    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-01-27 at 07:44 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #713
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon scowls as he recovers from his bad swing, arcing the blade upward, entering a new pattern. A man pays for my carelessness with his life. We must end this before it happens again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+7)[25]
    damage (1d6+3)[7]
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Tyr backs way slowly as the zombie approaches and Tyr shoots a volley again .Man, killing these things isn't easy.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Deadly aim, rapid fire
    I moves 5 feet back again.
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d8+5)[9]
    (1d8+5)[12]

  25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    mid-round update
    Spoiler
    Show
    The O8 zombie died after Tyr's first shot, so I'm using common sense to redirect his second attack to L6 zombie, which, between that and Jon's attack, is now also dead. The only enemy left standing is at C13

  26. - Top - End - #716
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Sheriff! Move back! I'm going to electrocute it!" Mika yells as she runs towards the zombie. With the last bit of arcane magic stored within her body, Mika releases a series of lightening bolts at the zombie.

    Spoiler
    Show

    delay action for the sheriff to move out of the way,
    move to D10.
    cast burning hands (either D11 and C12 to F13 OR the triangle C11-A11-D13 depending on where other people move) Reflex save DC15 to half
    damage (3d4+1)[10] electricity

  27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The sheriff hears Mika's warning and backs away as a sheet of lightening envelops the zombie. When it recedes, nothing is left but a smoking husk.

    The immediate threat disposed of, you break through on on the zombie's flank. With no one around to command them, it proves no challenge to roll up their line, surrounding and dispatching them in short order.

    As you and the surviving defenders finish off the last group of undead, the booming chant of the svirfneblin abruptly ends with an unearthly roar. The chant begins again, ragged and strained, but quickly dissolves into a cacophony of smashing timbers and desperate spellcasting.


    XP
    Spoiler
    Show
    500 xp each

  28. - Top - End - #718
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon yet again wipes his blade on his now well-stained sash. He doesn't bother to sheath it this time. "The zombies are routed. Let us see if we can't find those controlling them before they take heel and elude us entirely. I would rather they not be in a position to come back with reinforcements. Does anyone need healing before we go?"
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Yeah, I could use a bit of healing. Boy am I glad you guys arrived. Party not split anymore. Tyr said with smile behind his mask.

  30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve flicks zombie guts from her blade, and shakes her head. "Non. I am well. Heal those who need it and let us go!"
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •