Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve backs out of the building, emerging from the magicl darkness and into the moon-lit street. Now that she's looks for it, she can spot places where the spell exceeds the limit of the structure, an inky blackness that seems to seep through the plank walls like smoke before dissipating into the night.

    Meanwhile, Mika grabs Jon's shoulder and guides him forward. She pulls up after a few steps, the sudden tightening of her grasp alerting the paladin to danger.

    @everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    surprise round! Mika first, then I'll post the enemies action, then Jon can take his surprise round and everyone else can take their first full round.


    @Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    You charge through the door to find the svirfneblin ready for you. A robed gnome leans heavily against the rear wall, blood running freely from a ragged bite wound in her leg. The other two flank the door, slowly spinning their flails.


    *robed, injured deep gnome
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-02-11 at 08:09 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Shelyn! We are surrounded! RIGHT JON! There are two of them!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mika is going to be giving commands for this battle. I want to try to explain what people should do even though they are mostly blind. I do not know what to roll to command others.

  3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon hears light footsteps and the gentle 'whoosh' of weapons cutting the air from either side. The Paladin's knees nearly buckle as Mika yanks his shoulder back violently, just as something passes a hair's breadth from his face. The regular cadence of a spell being case can be heard ahead and to Jon's left.



    @ mika only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just tell them what to do in character (anything short of shouting grid coordinates is fine), and they'll describe what they do. If they attack the wrong spot, then they attack the wrong spot If they attack the right one, then miss chances apply. Talking's a free action in my book, so feel free to post directions whenever.


    Mika barely has time to shout her warning before the knobby bronze flail head of an advancing gnome rushes towards her face. She ducks under the attack, surreptitiously yanking Jon back and out of the way.

    The injured gnome in the robe begins casting, but something goes wrong with her spell. She grabs her head as a surging cloud of primal energies reach out to envelop Genevieve.



    purple= invisible
    you can take your 1st full turn now


    Outside of the building, Genevieve suddenly feels odd. It takes a moment for her to realize that her rapier blade has disappeared, along with the arm wielding it, and even her eyelids as she blinks. She's turned invisible.

    map for everyone who can't see
    Spoiler
    Show


    purple = invisible

    Jon can take his surprise round turn

    everyone else can take their 1st full round turn.

  4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve's eyes widen, then narrow.

    Ah. So. She sees the scheme, and it's not a bad one.

    With no help for it, she crouches and keeps the rapier ready, straining her ears for the sound of small feet, or wicked gnomish weapons...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to find enemies, and then ready to strike anything that tries to attack me. Perception (1d20+6)[12], and sightless attack is (1d100)[3] to not miss entirely, then (1d20+6)[14] to hit and (1d6+1)[6] damage.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  5. - Top - End - #755
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    perception (1d20+4)[7]


    Jon follows Mika's guidance, wincing at the near miss. He points toward the sound of spellcasting and pulls the trigger, the flash from his flared barrel momentarily illuminating the room and shot fills the air.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling a number of attacks, take as needed. Concealment doesn't apply vs a scatter-gun, so it will just hit a 15' cone in the direction of the casting.

    attack 1 (1d20+5)[17]
    damage (1d8)[4]

    attack 2 (1d20+5)[10]
    damage (1d8)[3]

    attack 3 (1d20+5)[18]
    damage (1d8)[5]

    attack 4 (1d20+5)[25]
    damage (1d8)[6]

    touch attacks, only misfire if all misfire
    Last edited by stack; 2012-02-13 at 11:48 AM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    So are the others waiting for Mika to give them direction, or just don't want to move?

  7. - Top - End - #757
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Guys we need help in here. They aren't running. There is one to my left, another to Jon's right. They have flails."

  8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "An' where're ye facing, lass?" Huril said, wandering forward, listening for where the foes were. He stopped when he thought he was next to Mika and swung his sword blindly forward.

    Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d20+10)[17]
    concealment: (1d100)[70]
    damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The report of Jon's blunderbuss shakes the building, but any muzzle flash is stifled by the magical darkness. As the spellcaster cries out in surprise and pain, a bronze flail head smashes into Jon's left shoulder in response to the shot.

    The spellcaster isn't down, though, and throws herself into another spell. As she finishes, Jon feels his strength begin to ebb and something tighten around his neck.

    Spellcraft DC 17
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is Limp Lash


    @jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 damage, -4 penalty to str, dex, and con.


    Huril and Genevieve follow the sound of Mika's voice and Jon's gun, feeling their way through the inner doors and into the back room where the melee is taking place. Both swing wildly at the sound of a spinning flail, Gen misses entirely, Huril's sword bounces harmlessly off scale armor.

    Having nearly been injured by the blinded swordsman, the deep gnome shifts his attention from Mika to the newest threat. A knobby bronze flail head slams Huril in the short ribs.

    @huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 damage


    Perhaps confused by the darkness, Tyr does nothing.

    Map
    Spoiler
    Show


    @mika
    Spoiler
    Show

    As the deep gnome arcanist completes her spell, you see a magical noose snake forth from her hand and wrap itself around Jon's neck.


  10. - Top - End - #760
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon staggers under the blow and the suddenly burdensome weight of his own gear. "Get back, its no use fighting them in here. Get out and burn the building!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    He will delay until others withdraw, pulling out his saber and standing rearguard despite being useless.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  11. - Top - End - #761
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Jon you are wrapped up with a magical lash. You need to get away from the spellcaster. Move back outside. Huril there is one right in front of you." Mika begins to help Jon to get out of the building.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mika helps Jon to get away from the lash. I am assuming this is an assist other with a grapple check. (1d20)[10]

  12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    The spell only lists hardness and HP for severing the lash, and doesn't require grapple rolls, so I'm going to say that the only RAW way out of it is to cut your way loose or get the caster to release the other end somehow (a disarm attempt or opposed strength check seem reasonable).

  13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Thanks!" Huril said, executing a slash to the best of his blind ability.

    Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d20+10)[22]
    concealment: (1d100)[72]
    damage: (1d6+5)[11]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  14. - Top - End - #764
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed and able, Jon will try to cut it as well before leaving

    (1d20+7)[9]
    damage (1d6+3)[5]
    miss (1d100)[20]
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve hisses between her teeth, and tries another stab at the unseen enemy. Then she backs up five feet, toward the way she came in. "Stay or go?" She asks. "Mika, your call."

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[13], miss chance (1d100)[74], damage is (1d6+1)[2]
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  16. - Top - End - #766
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "There are just too many problems. We have to get out of here. Come on, Jon. Cut that rope."

  17. - Top - End - #767
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Leaving then?" Huril said, taking a step back after attempting to slice his hidden foe, assuming that was the consensus.

    Also 5ft step towards the way out.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon hacks desperately at the magical lash draining his vitality, but his feeble swings fail to bite. Fortunately, his struggling is enough to spoil the aim of his nearest assailant.

    @jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    another -2 to str, dex, con


    Huril retreats a step as Genevieve attacks ineffectively, her poorly aimed swing parrying an incoming flail blow only by purest luck. The magically hastened deep gnome quickly retracts his weapon and strikes again, this time landing a crushing blow on Genevieve's right shoulder.

    @Gen
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 damage


    The svirfneblin spellcaster begins casting again, but once more seems to lose his concentration, stumbling over words and quickly losing the spell altogether. You feel a sort of mental fog pulse through the room, effecting some harshly and others not at all.

    @Tyr, Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    DC 13 will save or confused


    No map, since the only change is Huril moving 5ft south.

  19. - Top - End - #769
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon's voice grows weak. If there was light, his skin would be seen pallid, the life draining away. "Retreat, leave me. I have no strength to free myself. I would not have you perish in the dark."

    Spoiler
    Show
    attacking the cord again, a losing proposition with the strength drain and darkness

    attack (1d20+2)[19]
    damage (1d6-4)[-1]
    miss (1d100)[85]
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  20. - Top - End - #770
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "None o' that, Jon. Mika, lead me to him! I'll slice this 'lash' o' his!"
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  21. - Top - End - #771
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Even though Mika is reluctant to leave Jon, she realizes that she can't do too much without her magic. "Alright, Huril. But we attack the spellcaster!" Mika moves around Gene and grabs Huril. She then leads him forward to the spellcaster and points Huril towards him. "He is right in front of you. On the ground!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save is on OOC. Got a 13.

    Move to B3. Lead Huril to B2 and face him towards B1.
    And prepare for a ton of AoO

  22. - Top - End - #772
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Right on! Time ta be a big damned hero!" Huril says perhaps with a bit too much gusto, but he lets himself get led to his target and swings with unseen flourish at his equally invisible foe.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon Lesh View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to B3. Lead Huril to B2 and face him towards B1.
    And prepare for a ton of AoO
    Assuming I am still alive
    to hit: (1d20+10)[13]
    concealment: (1d100)[94]
    damage: (1d6+5)[8]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    With the last of his strength, Jon tries one last time to cut the lash, but his sword is no more effective than a limp noodle in his nerveless grasp.

    Genevieve falls victim to the pulse of primal magic, devolving into a babbling mess in the face of battle.

    Stubbornly refusing to leave Jon in the hand of the deep gnomes, Mika loosens her grasp on the paladin and instead clamps a small hand on Huril's wrist and nearly drags the warrior within reach of the sorely injured spellcaster. The nearest svirfneblin seems to have been overcome with a temporary insanity, and is too busy smashing himself in the face with the handle of his flail to take action. The second is clear-headed, though, and swings a spiked flail-head into Huril's gut. The swordsman is undeterred, however, and, following Mika's directions, brings down his scimitar with a satisfying "thwack" of blade slicing through bone. Mika sees the spellcaster's left hand, a good portion of her forearm, and the lash fall to the ground as the deep gnome herself faints dead away with blood pumping freely from the stump.

    Suddenly released from the spell, Jon feels the strength and feeling flood back into his limbs.

    @jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    the spell ends, and all the ability damage disappears with it


    @Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-02-23 at 06:25 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #774
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon gasps, then draws a deep breath, flexing his muscles as his vitality returns. Its not long before he remembers their predicament, and his saber. He waits for Mika's direction, striking as told with renewed purpose.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+7)[20]
    damage (1d6+3)[4]
    miss (1d100)[64]

    crit if needed (1d20+7)[23]
    damage (1d6+3)[5]
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Recovering from her temporary madness, Genevieve shakes her head. Now she's mad! Remembering where the enemy was attacking from last, she strikes in the general direction. This time, aiming low...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Right. Another freaking attack, let's try hitting this time! (1d20+6)[7] to hit, (1d100)[8] concealment, (1d6+1)[5] damage. In event of a crit, (1d20+6)[20] to hit, (1d6+1)[4] more damage.

    EDIT: GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! One of these years I might actually do something.


    Unsurprisingly, she misses.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-02-23 at 10:21 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  26. - Top - End - #776
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika's eyes go directly towards the severed hand. Then she moves back to the fight. "Jon, your left. Towards me. He is open. Attack! Huril this way. Now attack! Gene go...Tyr come back in!" Mika holds onto both of Huril's shoulders and turns him to the right as Mika steps around Huril. She then reaches down and picks up the severed hand.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Turn Huril towards C2
    Mika moves to B1 and picks up the severed hand.

  27. - Top - End - #777
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Somehow, I feel more effective fightin' like this," Huril muttered, grinning to no one in the darkness as he swiped his sword out again, looking for more Svirfneblin flesh.

    Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d20+10)[20]
    concealment: (1d100)[75]
    damage: (1d6+5)[10]
    crits? (1d20+10)[12]
    damage: (1d6+5)[10]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    @Gen
    Spoiler
    Show
    the confuson lasts until you roll "act normally" on the confusion chart. I'll roll it here for this turn to save time (1d100)[81]

    edit: 81 results in attacking the nearest creature, which you did anyway, so your turn stands. Next turn, though,you'll need to roll d100 before acting.


    With Mika's direction, Huril and the newly revitalized Jon managed to hem in and strike one of the remaining deep gnomes. The injured gnomes manages to get off an attack of his own, bringing a heady bronze flail down on Huril's shoulder.

    @Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 damage


    Tyr charges back into the building at Mika's urging, and he and Genevieve swing wildly at the other svirfneblin, but miss in the inky darkness. The deep gnome is still trapped under the influence of his commander's failed spell, and whips his flail around to score a solid blow on his own helmet.

    @Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-02-24 at 06:33 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #779
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Jon, Huril, keep up the attack he is right in between the two of you. Tyr! He is right in front of you. Attack!"

  30. - Top - End - #780
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon continues to swing away at the darkness as Mika shouts direction. Light, next time we fight in the light. I'm going to buy a torch, maybe three.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack as directed (1d20+7)[23]
    damage (1d6+3)[5]
    miss (1d100)[54]

    crit (1d20+7)[10]
    damage (1d6+3)[4]
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •