Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Grunting and rolling with the impact of the flail head, Huril lashes out again, swatting at where he presumed the foe to be, hoping to bite into flesh and drop the little blighter.

    Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d20+10)[25]
    concealment: (1d100)[48]
    damage: (1d6+5)[10]

    crit? (1d20+10)[25]
    damage: (1d6+5)[9]
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Huril's attack misses the deep gnome cleanly, sailing over his head. Jon's luckier, his sword finding a gap in the gnome's bronze scale and digs into a kidney. He's bleeding out on the floor almost before the paladin can retract his weapon.

    Genevieve and other svirfneblin, still under the influence of the spellcaster's primal magic, hack at themselves with their weapon. The cavalier bloodies herself, but the gnome, already injured from his previous self-mutilation, collapses as his flail dents his helm.

    With combat over, Tyr grabs Genevieve, constraining her until she regains her wits, and waits a few moments for the darkness spell to end.

    loot, XP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note to self: primalists make combat... interesting.

    480 xp each

    400 gp
    1 cloak (unidentified)
    1 rod (unidentified)

    (unless you want me to, I'm going to stop listing mundane equipment that isn't masterwork or otherwise expensive)

  3. - Top - End - #783
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon leans a hand against the wall and takes a moment to gather his strength and wits. That was close. Far to close. Charging into the dark....should have just burned it down. But we didn't know what was inside, not for certain. Can't just take the easy way. But the night isn't over yet.

    Buy torches or something.


    The slowly, stiffly stands straight and turns for the door. "We best get that body back to the creature down there. We are in no position to fight it at the moment and I would rather not leave it to its own devices any longer that we must. Mika, may I have use of that wand, please?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing as we go?

    CLW from the wand, presuming Mika's cooperation, taken as needed:

    (1d8+1)[2]
    (1d8+1)[7]
    (1d8+1)[3]
    Jon
    (1d8+1)[7]
    (1d8+1)[8]
    (1d8+1)[9]
    Last edited by stack; 2012-02-28 at 08:27 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "ARG! FISH! WIBBLE! GRRRrr..... Ow. Bloody ow. Okay, that was stupid. I am fine now. I think."

    It's still dark, and the arms around her aren't letting Genevieve go.

    She struggles a bit. "You can let go of me now. That IS one of you, oui? Because if a gnome had his hand where you do, I would have to kill him."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  5. - Top - End - #785
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "We got em all, Mika? Which one does the monster want?" Huril said, sheathing his sword with ease, despite the darkness. "Ye alright there, Jon? Still with us then?"
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  6. - Top - End - #786
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "It will take more than certain death to stop me." He smiles, then turns serious. "Thank you all for staying. I wouldn't be here if you hadn't."

  7. - Top - End - #787
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "No problem, Jon. But we have to hurry. We have to get him to the Naunet as fast as possible. And we should bring everything. Can you guys get the body. I have the hand. I can look at the rest of the items when we have time." As Mika points at the svirfneblin in the corner of the room. As Jon casts the healing, Mika stores the cloak and the rod in order to check them later.

  8. - Top - End - #788
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Someone get ta helpin' me, little bugger is heavy," Huril said, moving to lift the deep gnome, but straining under it's minor weight.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    As the darkness ends and she is released, Genevieve helps Huril with the gnome carcass, then out the door with burden in hand. "Agreed, time to go."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    With hand in hand, the group hurries back to the waiting Naunet. The scene is significantly less orderly than when you left, as the impatient creature seems to have spent the intervening minutes breaking the surrounding buildings down into their constituent parts. A miner, perhaps having followed you when your group didn't return, stands in the middle of the alley in soiled britches, babbling incoherently. The surrounding tracks suggest to Huril that the man was part of a much larger group, which left him here as they fled.

    "Have it, you do? Use a hand here, I could," trills the protean.

  11. - Top - End - #791
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika stops before the protean. She takes a gulp before she starts speaking. "We have everything, not only the hand but also the entire body. With this you can return to your plane of chaos. If there is anything to help with the dimensional movement then I offer my services." Mika places the hand on the ground and takes a step back. She watches the Naunet ready to warn her companions if it tries to do anything except return to it's own plane of existence.

  12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The protean glances at the body, but seems to quickly lose interest. "Yes, yes, you have it." it observes. Behind it the miner has ceased his babbling, and instead beats himself about the face with balled fists.

    "Not right here. Boring. Plain. Sure the oathkeeper won't break? No? The well very. This important, listen. Say magic words 'Oh Pious Sofa King' quickly while the summoning bowl you upend."

    "Wait, no magic words backwards? Telling is hard."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, watched an old ATHF episode and couldn't resist

  13. - Top - End - #793
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon stands back and let Mika do the talking, unwilling to give the creature any further reason to pay attention to him. Get this done and get the thing away. It may not be inherently evil, but it certainly has no qualms about doing evil. It wants broken oaths and destruction to pass its boredom, seems evil to me.

  14. - Top - End - #794
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    That...I...is he messing with me? Oh, well. Let's just get rid of him.

    Mika walks over to the summoning bowl (making sure to give plenty of room between her and the Naunet). She stops so that she can see the Naunet with the bowl directly in front of her.

    "I wish you a quick journey home. OH PIOUS SOFA KING!" As she turns the summoning bowl.

  15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Shaking her head, Genevieve carefully walks over and keeps the remaining miner from hurting himself as best as she can.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika walks up to the bowl and upends it, coating the makeshift alter in a stick crimson film. Though the outside of the bowl is smooth, the inside is irregularly cratered and pitted in a pattern that vaguely suggests the form of a skull.

    know(religion) DC10
    Spoiler
    Show
    it's quite similar to the symbol of the god Groetus


    As the last of the blood empties out, the Naunet is dismissed, fading back into the plane that spawned it with a warbling chuckle.

    xp
    Spoiler
    Show
    250 each

  17. - Top - End - #797
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika watches the protean as it disappears. Then suddenly you hear "Finally! It is gone. Thank Shelyn!" Noticing the bowl, Mika picks it up and examines it as she walks back over to the group. "What is this? Do any of you know what this skull is for? And can we be done now. I think that we should go to the ship now and sleep." Mika showing obvious signs of tiredness. Her shoulders are slumped, her hair no longer flowing with her breeze cantrip instead knotted and messy, and her clothes with a layer of blood and dirt.

  18. - Top - End - #798
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    know religion (1d20+5)[24]


    Jon looks over the bowl, handling it carefully to not get blood on his hands. "The symbol...Groetius. The moon in the boneyard, endings and madness. That...bodes poorly. I am loath to imagine what these gnomes are planning if they consort with the undead and worship Groetius."

    "As for the rest, I would like to check with the sheriff, make certain the town is secure, but after that I would gladly sleep for a week."
    He gives a wane smile before turning, ready to head back with heavy feet, weariness evident despite his determination to press on.
    Last edited by stack; 2012-03-01 at 09:12 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    A cheer goes up as your tired party returns to the docks. News of naunet and your probable demise had already spread to the mob, but everyone takes your return as a sign that it's over. The crowd begins to disperse immediately to salvage what's left of the town, but it's still nearly an hour before you're left in peace to slip into your bunks aboard the boat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    yes, you can level up now
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-03-02 at 03:32 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #800
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    As Mika approaches her bunk."Breeze. It feels like two and a half months since I last slept. This will be so nice."

    Mika will give one last casting of breeze before she collapses into bed asleep. She has had enough for today. She will do more important things tomorrow.

  21. - Top - End - #801
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    With as much enthusiasm as the rest of his party, Huril happily slides into his bunk and passes out.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  22. - Top - End - #802
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon falls into his bunk, fully dressed. It takes several minutes for his hands to stop trembling. Once he has mastered his nerves, he is asleep instantly, not to be awoken by anything short of the ship exploding.

  23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Inside the bunkhouse, Genevieve lies awake for a long time. Finally, while everyone else snores, she gets up, throws on a shift, and watches the moon through the slotted window.

    Presently, she notices that the light stays the same, even when the moon goes behind the clouds. Frowning, she looks around... And her eyes stop at the stein that she left sitting out after a pre-bedtime draught. The silver cup is glowing gently.

    A wry, mournful smile twists her face. She sits at the table, carefully, and sniffs the stein. Though there was water in there before she went to sleep, it's wine now.

    "Am I back in your good graces then, you drunken lout?"

    The wine is VERY good.

    "Guess so. Well, they are green. But that won't last... The frontier hardens people. And I think maybe I can trust them. If YOU vouch for them, I think I can spare you some faith. Just do not run up too much of a tab, eh? Not like last time."

    She finishes the liquor and returns to bed. The evening prayer is as simple as it is traditional. "Cayden Caillean, let me keep my liquor down and sleep well, for surely I will die in the morning."
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-03-02 at 09:31 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    You arise from your well-earned rest the next morning (well, more like early afternoon, but it's morning for you), the town is already abuzz with rebuilding effort. Not even the heavy stench of burning flesh hanging in the air--converting the bodies to ash being the simplest way to combat future necromancy--can dampen the energy of the mining town.

    Though many were killed the night before, enough workers have poured in from the surrounding claims to refill the ranks of the fallen and then some, all eager to either fortify or escape. A grove of tall pines just to the south of town is quickly being converted into smooth logs for a timber circuit wall (nearly 100 feet of which has sprung up while you rested) and a small fleet of crude but sturdy rafts (one of which, dangerously overloaded, shoves off as you watch).

    Your observations are interrupted by the Captain, who strolls over once she sees that you're up and about, "quite something, isn't it? Reminds me o' when they miners first came, went from a rocky meadow to a proper town in about a week flat," she says. "But that ain't why I want you. Some guards and a wagon were supposed to come down and pick this up during the night," she indicates the cargo of blasting powder and quicksilver, now safely loaded back in the hold. "They never showed. I think we can guess why, but our employer will want to know for sure. The buyer's mine is just a few hours' ride, just ask around about the Third Strike mines and someone will give you better directions than I could. While you're there, you might inquire about the saltpeter mines, the boss will surely want to be the first to know if they've been lost, and might even pay a bonus for the information."


    "Also, the Sheriff's been around three times to ask about you. She can't pull rank on my own boat, though, so I told her to bug off until you woke."
    She adds sheepishly, almost as an after thought, "and, uh, thanks for your work last night. Those people would have swamped the Splinter and gotten us all killed if it weren't for you."

  25. - Top - End - #805
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon inwardly groans at the thought of heading out again so soon, but duty is duty...

    "Scouting the area would be wise regardless. The mines are a good place to start. Likely that they were hit as well, may be something we can use. Maybe the only gnomes where the ones we fought last night, but I wouldn't put a bent copper on it. Give me a moment to gear-up."

  26. - Top - End - #806
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "I'm guessin' we should find this Sheriff, though I'm bettin' we'd be found sooner than we could leave, if we were so inclined," Huril said, stretching out his sore body. It had been a hell of a week, and things were just getting started, it seemed.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve, come the morning, looks particularly happy. Still a bit bruised, but with a smile previously unknown on her face. She's studying the dawn's rays, and finishing up a few muttered prayers. At the end of it, she smiles, and takes a long pull from a silver mug, before turning around to the others.

    "Who is still injured?" She asks, and indicates a bottle of ale with mugs set around. "Let us drink and put our wounds behind us."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The drinks are quite refreshing, and the older woman smiles tiredly as she finishes her mug, and turns it mouth down.

    "My thanks to Cayden for curing that which ales us."

    Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three positive energy channels should see to most everyone, assuming the dice don't derp. Everyone, please heal up (3d6)[11] points.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-03-05 at 10:11 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  29. - Top - End - #809
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika awaken with a stretch and yawn. She activates her breeze and opens her handy haversack. She pulls out the small potion from before that she failed to identify and tries again.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I think that we had 2 potion back from when we freed the slaves so I am going to retry the roles
    spellcraft (1d20+10)[23]
    spellcraft (1d20+10)[27]


    She watches the activity with amazement, not because of the number of ships but because of the horrible condition that people where sailing in. "Thank you greatly for allowing us to sleep, caption. We should talk with the sheriff before we head out. Thank you Gene. It is nice to have dedicated healing. But we shouldn't wait for too long. I don't want whoever attacked to be able to regather any type of momentum."

    Mika looks down and closes her eyes and gives a small prayer to Shelyn. Watch over us and guide my hands.

  30. - Top - End - #810
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon takes stock of Gen's new-found abilities. Have to query her later. But now, more pressing matters...

    Jon comes back, armed and armored, though his blue sash still shows the grime from the previous day. "I am ready. Let us see the sheriff."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •