Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 841 to 870 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    heal (1d20+4)[6]


    Jon examines the wounds carefully. "Easy, friend. We'll have you set right."

  2. - Top - End - #842
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    ble to discern anything useful, Jon lays a hand on the dwarf's wounds, letting free a burst of healing energy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    lay hands (1d6)[5]


    Calling up to the others, "We have a live one. A dwarf. I'll tie him to the rope and try to get him up."
    Spoiler
    Show
    presuming he remains unconscious climb (1d20+3)[9]

  3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Maybe we should tie off to a horse to help get the stunty up here?" Huril said, looking to ease the task of lifting a dwarf up forty feet.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The dwarf's breathing evens out and his eyes flutter open, "wha... safe? No, no, run!" he gasps. Jon instinctively turns to follow the terrified dwarf's gaze, just in time to see the bloated abdomen and trailing legs of an enormous arachnid disappear up over the other side of the bridge.

    The other get a front row view as the huge invertebrate effortlessly contorts itself to fit through the bridge's scaffolding and hauls itself up on the deck with a scrabble of chitin on wood.

    "That's a biggun," intones the deputy flatly.

    Know (Nature) DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hauntly humanoid aspect of the spider's face identifies it as an Ogre spider. Despite its enormous size, it's actually quite adept at folding itself up to fit in surprisingly tight spaces. It goes without saying that it possesses a potent poison which weakens and incapacitates its victims.



    Map & initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spider used it surprise round to climb up the bridge, so its full rounds from here on out. Mika first, then the spider, then everyone else. The deputy will go after the last group member to keep things simple. The dwarf is still too weak to move, but strong enough to hold on to his perch securely.



    Purple = Jon is about 10 feet below bridge deck level. Climbing speed is 1/4 move speed, or 1/2 if you take a +5 DC. You can also move sideways at the same speeds.

    Remember, the spider has 15' reach.

    Mika is up, 24 hours.

    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-03-13 at 10:25 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #845
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Oh, Shelyn. SPIDER!" Mika jumps back at the appearance of the creature. She then catches her wits and throws out her hands and releases her brand new spell. The area around the spider suddenly fills with small crystals which has tiny jolts of electricity jumping out of the flakes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    cast frost fall on L4, M5 area. Change damage to electric with elemental-bloodline.
    Damage (no save) (2d6+1)[10] electric
    Staggered for 1 round if fail a Fort save DC 18

    5ft step back to S9

  6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The decking of the bridge erupts in a dazzling display of arcing electricity, with jolts sending the spider's legs into a convulsion that hinders its movement as it staggers forward. But it doesn't hinder the arachnid's aim, as a pair of dagger-sized fangs dive through Huril's mail and deep into his right shoulder.

    @huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    16 damage. DC 18 fort save or (1d4)[2] Str and (1d4)[2] Dex damage


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show


    pale blue is Mika's spell (the part not covered by the spider, at least)

    Purple = Jon is about 10 feet below bridge deck level. Climbing speed is 1/4 move speed, or 1/2 if you take a +5 DC. You can also move sideways at the same speeds.

    Remember, the spider has 15' reach.

    Everyone is up
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-03-14 at 06:05 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #847
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Huril very nearly stumbles over from the force of the attack, and though he could feel the poison seeping into his veins, he felt no ill effect...yet. Gritting his teeth, he whipped out his sword and swung a savage strike at the huge arachnid.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pirahna Striking, -2 to hit, +4 damage
    to hit: (1d20+9)[16]
    damage: (1d6+11)[12]
    cirt? (1d20+9)[17]
    damage: (1d6+11)[17]

    I will be gone from tomorrow morning through saturday afternoon with limited internet access.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Eyes wide, Genevieve cautiously ducks under the waving legs, and slides up fully behind Huril. Drawing her mug with her off hand as she goes, she chants a brief prayer, and tosses liquid that wasn't there a second ago on Huril's back. It's curiously soothing...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving one square north with a five foot step, and casting Defensively!(1d20+3)[20] Dumping bless to healing, and casting cure light wounds on Huril. If I don't make a 15 on the spell roll, mr. spider gets an opp attack on me. Regardless, I believe the spell goes off and Huril gains (1d8+1)[3] HP back.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Tyr didn't like spiders, nasty creatures they were.
    Hungry spider, then eat this

    Spoiler
    Show

    5 ft step back to R-4, Draws revolver, Focus aim, Deadly aim
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d8+5)[10]

  10. - Top - End - #850
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Even with the sparks continue to jump up and strike the spider, Mika does not want to approach the creature. She points her finger forward and releases a jolt of electricity up against the spider. Then she moves to try to get into a better position.


    Spoiler
    Show

    continued damage from frost fall (1d6+1)[5] electric vs Fort DC 18 to half

    Elemental ray attack (only -2 because the spider is 2 size categories larger than Huril) (1d20+2)[10] vs touch ac
    damage (1d6+2)[4]

    5ft step to S8


  11. - Top - End - #851
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon strains to ascend the rope and join the fray. When he reaches the edge of the bridge, he draws his revolver and rests his arm against the bridge, slowly releasing his breath as he squeezes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    focused aim
    attack (1d20+8)[9] vs touch
    damage (1d8+4)[9]

    if I have the actions, otherwise attacking next round

    assuming he has partial cover from the spider but free shooting against it.

  12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The field of sparks gives the spider one more shock before petering out, and Mika adds a jolt of her own, leaving the foul stench of burning hair and charred chitin hanging in the air. Now free of the spell, the spider parries Huril scimitar with one thickly armored limb. Tyr is forced to shoot wide as he dodges the beast's fangs, still wet with his friend's blood.

    Behind the creature, Jon climbs up the side of the bridge and lines up a shot, but something goes wrong as he pulls the trigger. A gout of flame shoots out between cylinder and barrel, coming uncomfortably close to blasting the flesh off the paladin's index finger, and forces the bullet to miss wildly.

    @jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    misfire, your revolver is now broken, doubling its misfire range (advanced firearms don't explode on a second misfire)


    The deputy pauses a moment to consider charging the spider with his boar spear, but decides instead to unshoulder his heavy crossbow and and attack from beyond the arachnid's reach. The conveniently loaded device launches its steel-tipped bolt straight into one of the spider's smaller eyes, bursting it with a small eruption of vitreous humour.

    map
    Spoiler
    Show


    remember, the spider has a 15' reach, so you can provoke AoO within 3 squares.

    everyone is up.

  13. - Top - End - #853
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon silently curses as the revolver's cylinder clicks the next round under the hammer. Bloody primer. Should have double checked that one. Must have gotten wet. Just hope it didn't squib.

    He grimaces and fires again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    focused aim
    attack (1d20+9)[21] vs touch
    damage (1d8+4)[5]

  14. - Top - End - #854
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    See Jon now behind the beast and knowing that he allies are all around, Mika decides to risk it and hope that the spider and be defeated quickly. She moves around the deputy as electricity begins to spark from her hands. She stops in front of the beast and releases a burst of electricity.

    Spoiler
    Show

    move to R5 without causing any Aoo
    cast Burning hands diagonally up so it doesn't hit Tyr or Huril
    cast defensively (1d20+10)[12] vs DC 17 or loss the spell
    damage (4d4+1)[8] electric


  15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Tyr 5 ft steps back, this thing is not going down quietly.
    He then unloads 2 rounds into the beast.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Deadly aim, Focused aim (minus 1 grit)
    hit1 - (1d20+8)[24]
    hit1 - (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage1 - (1d8+9)[13]
    Damage2 - (1d8+9)[13]

  16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon--still clinging to the side of the bridge--steadies his aim and fires at the monstrous arachnid, grazing its bloated abdomen. The damage isn't great, but the spider is quick to turn on its newest attacker and prepares to drive is fangs home into the precariously placed man. The chattering maw closes within arm's reach of the paladin when twin gouts of ichor erupt from its disturbingly humanoid face to shower Jon with whatever passes for brains in a giant spider. It takes a moment for the body to realize that the head has died, and the eight legs continue to drive the thing forward and over the edge where its bulbous body bursts on the rocks below.

    Pleased with his shots, Tyr blows the smoke from his gun's muzzle and spins it into his holster.

    XP
    Spoiler
    Show
    400 each

    Sorry for the delay, kept waiting for Gen and Huril, only to realize that it was dead anyway.

  17. - Top - End - #857
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Mika lets out a sigh as she sees the spider go down. Mika then moves back to the other side of the bridge and looks from Jon to the dwarf "Are you alright, Jon? What about you? Are you alright down there?"

  18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve heaves a sigh as the spider falls. Then she kneels at the edge of the bridge.

    "Get the wounded man within thirty feet of me. I can heal him, he will have an easier time climbing back up."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    No one has still explained all y'all are here. Not that I mind killing spiders... What happened to cause the scorch mark?

    Tyr finally realizes why the Paladin must be saving a life down that hole. Oh well, all Tyr can do is kill things. Saving isn't really his specialty.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure if we'll have another combat but does my killing the spider give me a Grit back?

  20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if we'll have another combat but does my killing the spider give me a Grit back?
    Yes need moar letters

  21. - Top - End - #861
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon wipes spider...goo...out of his eyes with a grimace. "Right, we where working on that. Someone want to give a hand on the rope? Oh, nice shot by the way." <spit> Wish I didn't have to taste the result.

    He slides back down, making certain the injured dwarf is secure before signalling to the others to haul him up.
    Last edited by stack; 2012-03-22 at 07:17 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The dwarf blenches as Jon secures the rope, "d-d-dangling by rope?" he mumbles meekly, but can't summon up the strength to protest the plan. With a final heave, the injured dwarf flops over the edge of the bridge and onto the deck. His groans and prayers quickly turn to loud words of thanks as he Genevieve applies her healing magics, "I can't think you enough!!! Hanging there in the bridge, waiting for that thing to run out of mule and come back for me, and the drop... the drop..." he shudders. "I doubt the Henderthanes will reward you for saving their foreman, the cheap bastards, but I'll not have the same said of me," he yanks a ring of his stubby thumb, "it didn't do much for my acrophobia, but maybe you won't have to fear high places with this."


    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a ring of feather falling.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-03-22 at 10:18 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #863
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon spends a moment catching his breath. "You're very welcome. Glad we came across you when we did. Can you tell us any more about the attack? I presume giant spiders are not common. Any strange sounds, chanting, signs of magic? Any reason to attack you? Can you tell us anything of what you have seen out here the last few days? We are come from town, investigating the recent attack."

  24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Once the dwarf gets within range, Genevieve lifts her cup. "Your health." She takes a swig.

    Everyone within 30'
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 positive energy channels says heal... (2d6)[6]
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  25. - Top - End - #865
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Ah, thanks for that Gen," Huril said, wiping some of his blood and the spider goo off himself. "I wouldn't mind a flagon about now, myself..." He muttered, sheathing his sword and listening to the others.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "So they made it, then. I came down from the mine to ride to town with the monthly shipment, but I found the trail blocked by a horde of undead. I drove the mules hard to break through their ranks and made it to the bridge first. I tried to set it alight, but the dead just marched through the flames, and drove me and the cart over the side. I kind of blacked out after that. The next thing I knew, it was morning, the fire had been quenched, and that spider was climbing towards me..." the dwarf shivers at the memory.

  27. - Top - End - #867
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "It is good to hear that you survived. And thank you for trying to delay them. Were you able to tell what direction this horde was coming from? Any information might help us. Was there anything going to or coming from the mine? Mika knows that she might be pushing the poor dwarf after such a night, but anything will greatly help with the approaching few days.

  28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "All I know is that they were moving along the path when I overtook them. It was dark, so I didn't see their tracks."
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-03-25 at 03:03 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #869
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "A brave act. If you are able, the road to town should be clear. If needed we can help you back before we continue tracking whoever did this."

  30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Healed, the dwarf dusts himself off, "Aye, I can make it back."
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-03-26 at 07:55 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •