Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Hm." Says Genevieve, to the deputy. "We could take him back as a captive."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  2. - Top - End - #992
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon thinks for another stretch. "Taking him would let us question him further, though we have to keep him under our protection and watch. If he is murdered or escapes, then we lose a great opportunity. Still, it may be best to send him now, a token of good will...it's hard to see the right path, much is at stake."

    Never is simple, no matter where you go.

  3. - Top - End - #993
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Letting him go won't matter too much. And if we do take him back with us then that just gives the other gnomes a reason to attack the village again. We shouldn't take him back with us. Interrogating him is not the answer, open talking is. Imprisoning him will ruin any chance to talk with the gnomes."

  4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "I'm in it to break up bar fights and track down thieves, that's all. They're not paying me enough to make this call, which is why I'd rather the sheriff make it. But if you want to take responsibility..." the deputy signals his acquiescence with a shrug.

  5. - Top - End - #995
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Well, let us settle this in the manner of Andoran.

    "Let us vote. Release him with our message or take him in. Mika says release, as do I. Where do the rest stand? Majority shall carry the day."

  6. - Top - End - #996
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Huril sighed and shook his head, looking at the others. "It's only right to let him off. Send him with our best regards though," Huril said, liking neither decision overly much, but least of all did he want to witness another raid on the town.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    I'm against it. What if he decides to ambush us with his people after being released. They know our faces now. We don't even know if he likes us enough to deliver our message. At least as our captive, we know where we stand with him. But if the rest of you take responsiblity, I'll stand by you guys. We got ourselves in worse messes I reckon (he laughs a little)

    Tyr said a little worried.

  8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Alright, fine." Says Genevieve. "We are spending too much time on this. He is now our captive."

    "So, now what do we do?"
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  9. - Top - End - #999
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon nods, then turns to Mika. "Please ask him to go to his people, offering a meeting in, let's say a week's time? The mouth of the canyon may work, easy withdraw for either side. Noon, ten people each. I know it is inviting an ambush, so I cannot ask anyone to go against their will, but I must make the attempt. Hopefully the town will agree. Is there ought else we should say, other terms for the meeting, if it happens?"

  10. - Top - End - #1000
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Alright. I will tell him. Do you think that I should tell him no extraplanars?"

  11. - Top - End - #1001
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon shrugs. "Couldn't hurt, I guess. If they are going to betray us, it will hardly matter if we say so, but we may as well in case they decide to honor the agreement in a technical way while still trying to harm us."

  12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    It takes some time to communicate the meaning of "week" and "noon" to a being that lives virtually its entire life under ground, but eventually the message gets across.

    Despite the lengthy explanation, the gnome is obviously surprised when you cut his bonds instead of his neck, and flees into the darkness before you have time to change your mind.

  13. - Top - End - #1003
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon watches the figure disappear into the dark. Once gone, he turns back to his companions. "Well, ought we head back to town, or should we continue to the other mines? We need to send word back somehow and I as soon be there to stand for our decision, but we came out here for another purpose. This seems to have been the origin of the attack, but we don't know if the other mines were struck. If their is any chance there are survivors elsewhere, I would not abandon them."

  14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    As long as we make back in time, I say we can check another mine or two. I mean, we have a week before the meeting.
    Tyr said, still unsure about releasing the little guy.

  15. - Top - End - #1005
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Maybe investigating the other mines is a good idea. But I don't think that we should go into any the mines. The gnomes might have some type of defenses around every mine."

  16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    The deputy nods, "I don't know them all, some people are pretty secretive about their diggings, but there are a couple that we can visit before sundown."

    "If we've not been down here any longer than I think,"
    he adds belatedly, perhaps having

  17. - Top - End - #1007
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Then lets head out. The sooner we get to them the better. Mika holds the cloak closer to herself. She is a bit sad that she has to wait to wash but this is more important.

  18. - Top - End - #1008
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "Yeah, lets move. Be good to see the sun for a bit anyhow." Jon says as he turns to leave, reloading his pistol and wiping his blade as he goes. Both slide into place sans flourish.

  19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    You backtrack through the caverns, moving much faster since you don't have to watch every step, and reach the outside to find that the sun has sunk over the rim of the canyon. You mount, tying the min donkey together so they'll follow you and head out. The deputy leads you to a pair of smaller mining sites: a creek staked out by a collection independent placer miners, most of them fled, and another hard rock shaft, this one well defended by nervous men behind a low wall. There are no signs of more gnomes.

    The light is fading as you leave the final mine, but you can make it back to town before it's too dark to travel.

  20. - Top - End - #1010
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon watches the fading sun. "We have covered good ground and have significant news to bear, so let us return to town." He stretches tiredly. "Though I expect our news will prevent us from sleeping much when we arrive. I have no illusions that our plan will be well received and do not relish the arguments that will be needed to bring it to fruition." If its anything like the politics back home, tongues will be running on for days.

  21. - Top - End - #1011
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ZeltArruin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "There's nothin' to it. For all th' talkin' they'll do, they either get out here diplomatically, or get to another fight, one they might not be so well off against, since we might be outta here by then," Huril said with a shrug as they rode off towards the settlement. They had a job to do, and it was done, the sooner they got out of this blighted town the better, getting on their employers bad side seemed a worse fate.
    ~ZA

    Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

  22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve gnaws her lip, on the way back.

    "I hope that it is only a few gnomes we are dealing with. We have shown superiority thus far. They will more easily talk peace if they fear the town's greater numbers."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  23. - Top - End - #1013
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "It isn't only the gnomes numbers but also their creatures as well. The zombies are a problem and worse yet any more summoned creatures." Mika shivers at the thought of the Nanuet. "Hopefully the people won't be fueled with a want for revenge. It will only make things worse."

  24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    You make to the town shortly after dark. The new stockade hasn't made it out this far yet, but a rough barrier of flammable debris (soaked in lamp oil, if your noses aren't mistaken) rings the town.

    The Sheriff meets you at a break in the barricade where it meets the road to the mines. She's accompanied by the dwarf you rescued at the bridge, now completely healed and dressed in clean clothes. "Any news?" She shouts as you come in range of the many bonfires set outside the defensive line.

  25. - Top - End - #1015
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon calls out, "Much news, let us discuss it inside. Its been a long day, we'd like to sit down."

    Once settled, he will give a report of the days events, waiting until necessary to broach the subject of the arrangement for parlay, hoping to get social credit to spend before angering the sheriff.

    "So in short, we may have an opportunity to stop this war before it goes any farther. And it will be our necks on the line. The town will not be any worse off if we fail."
    Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy to present the arrangement well (1d20+11)[20]

    Others, feel free to toss in aid anothers if you are up to it.

  26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1


    Yes, if they plan works there will be a temparary ceasefire at least till some sort of negociation goes down, savvy?

    Tyr said trying to aid the Paladin.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Aid another say I need a 10 or higher to grant you +2
    diplomacy - (1d20+4)[15]

  27. - Top - End - #1017
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "There is no reason not to try. The town will be safe for atleast a week. And hopefully longer."

    Spoiler
    Show

    diplomacy to aid another (1d20+7)[20]

  28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    "You're trusting the word of race you know nothing about, other than that just destroyed one town, animated the dead residents, and attacked another with them? And they treat with Proteans, not exactly a sign of a people bound to follow their word." the Sherriff shakes her head, but doesn't explode in anger as one might have feared.

    "If they do hold the peace, though, a week should be enough time to get reinforcements from Anchor's End. It's not like we've the manpower to attack them in their holes, even if we knew where they were." Cuts in the dwarf.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-05-17 at 06:44 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #1019
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Jon frowns. "We know full well that it is a slim chance that they will hold the peace, meet without violence, and honor any agreement, but we must try and act faithfully on our end. If they bite the offered hand, then we have done our duty and must prepare for war. We know too little of them to risk open conflict without attempt to avoid it and I would not see it so even if we did."

    "They may have know honor. I don't know. But we do."

  30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

    Genevieve shrugs. "This way lets our resident paladin maintain his code to his god. If they ambush us, like I expect them to, then he can get to killing with a clear conscience."

    "And if by some miracle they are willing to honestly treat, then hey. Possibly dozens or hundreds less little men that I have to stab."
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •