New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,041 of 1041
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

Though, we may need to work on our translating skills... We need to make sure someone can translate during the meeting. Talking won't help if one person says apples and another peace.
    Tyr said with a laugh.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

The Sheriff remains unconvinced, "Well, we'll continue with the defenses, in any event. Technically, all this land is under the Lord Governor's authority, and I'm just appointed to keep the peace. He's got me under a pretty strict contract, to be honest. There's not much that I can offer the gnomes in a negotiation. Legally, at least. I'll have to send a message to him, and hope he can send a response by magic."
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-05-18 at 09:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, if we can make peaceful contact, then we can establish further, more official meetings and negotiations. If we are attacked, than the Lord Governor will likely be glad he was not directly involved. So, unless there is anything else, I think we are all rather weary from our day and would like to excuse ourselves. I'm sure there will be much more to say, but perhaps we can beg the mercy of saying it in the morning." He nods to the sheriff and moves to stand.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

The Sheriff nod at the suggestion of rest. "Yes, there's nothing more for you to do at the moment, and I've got a letter to write."

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, now you have a few days of down time to rest, shop, and craft. The town isn't large, but it's well stocked with minor magic items (ie: it has just about any item that you can afford).

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I need to go thread diving to figure out how much we actually have on hand. The time-decompressed nature of pbp makes it easy to lose track.

Which reminds me, I need to make sure that the loot counter is up do date for Ravenloft. Wish I had done that for Knights, may have to start.

Jon says his goodnights and finds the nearest available bed. (Presumably the inn will be open for the heroes of the town). He says a brief prayer as he checks his loads before collapsing into a heap yet again. The days have certainly been eventful rather than restful. He sleeps in, looking to join the others for a late breakfast.
    Last edited by stack; 2012-05-21 at 08:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr also decides it is time to rest and says his goodnights to the team. He wonders if the peace talks will work out. He makes sure his guns all loaded before sleeping as a precaution.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Firbolg in the Playground

Genevieve tends to her injuries, and falls into bed. It's been a long day!
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

The night passes without incident, and you wake to the surprising discovery that no one is pounding down your door for some important mission or holding a knife to your throats.

Spoiler
    Show
    What expecting another surprise attack?

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Always

After his late breakfast, Jon leans back and says to all the party present. "Now what? We seem to have done everything we needed to for the present. Any exploring in those caves may appear unnecessarily hostile. I'd rather not try to leave and come back in time for the meeting, too many things could delay us. So, what do we do now?"

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr while joining party for breakfast replies
    Well, we can go see that business guy who hired us, see if he has anymore jobs. Remember that guy we freed slaves for?
    Tyr says before he munches on some grub.

11. - Top - End - #1031

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Always

After his late breakfast, Jon leans back and says to all the party present. "Now what? We seem to have done everything we needed to for the present. Any exploring in those caves may appear unnecessarily hostile. I'd rather not try to leave and come back in time for the meeting, too many things could delay us. So, what do we do now?"
    "You're the leader, go find us work." Says Genevieve, carving her way through an orange.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Bugbear in the Playground

"We got a job out here and we did it, and plenty more. We go our pay, and there are some people we're owin' a great deal to in the city. The sooner we get back, the safer I'll feel. No undead can scare me like them shifty folk what sent us here," Huril said over his second mug while he was playing with a bowl of day old soup and a hunk of hard bread.
    ~ZA

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

"I have not forgotten our other obligations, I was only concerned about delays in returning here in time for the parlay. If the group is set on returning for now, than I will not stand in the way. Is that the consensus?" He asks hands spread, looking for general assent or disapproval.

14. - Top - End - #1034

Genevieve shrugs. "I am fine with that."

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, as long as we can find a good job somewhere. Need to pay the bills and all. On second note, do you guys think news of the undead reached the citiy? Or is this type of thing kept hush hush?

Tyr asked after thinking about the recent events.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

"They'll have heard. The first ship back would have had it told in every dock and dive, ships where leaving before the attack was over. Everyone knows. As for jobs, there won't be much time if we are to make it back here for the parlay, but it might be possible to find something. Let's see about heading back, then." Jon rises to leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    Its been so long since we arrived, I can't recall our plan for returning. Was it on the same ship we arrived on, or are we finding separate passage?

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it was on the same boat, but it won't wait a week. There are boats leaving every day or two, though.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

Jon heads to the docks to secure passage back to town, burying his misgivings about potential complications.

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy to find a reliable ship (gather info) (1d20+11)[30]

get a good rate (1d20+11)[20]

Add in any appropriate bonuses for being the town heroes.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

There's no problem finding a vessel leaving town, but landing a spot on a river-worthy one is another matter. Half the citizenry is looking to evacuate, and dozens of entrepreneurs have slapped together rafts from anything that will float, whether they have any experience with marine engineering or not.

Fortunately, Jon happens to find an actual boat owned by one of the wealthier mine owners. While he's not looking for passengers, he is keen on hiring on some guards to protect his substantial takings on the trip back to Anchor's End. A deal is struck, protection in exchange for food and passage. After hearing what the more unscrupulous captains are gouging from the desperate mob for trip down river, you've probably saved your party near to a hundred gold.

Spoiler
    Show
    The boat leaves in the morning, If you've nothing left to do in town, I'll fast forward.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Jon passes the rest of the day trying to relax and not think about the impending result of his plan.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr made sure to congraulate Jon on the good find of a boat and work. Then spent rest of day walking around city, taking it all in before he retires for the night and sleeps. He won't be here for a while after all.