New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

Nope. I'm not becoming a pin cushion again. Got their attention and that is what matters. Mika bolts from the area heading to the right side.

Spoiler
    Show

withdraw action to ignore AoO from the spearman will allow me to move up to 2x my move speed. Which gives me 120ft. I go to Y15.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Genevieve is already in motion as the shot scrapes her side. She hisses in pain, but the breastplate diverts the worst of the blast. And she's had WORSE.

Within a heartbeat she's around behind the guard, cutting him gently with her rapier as she goes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll stick with the original action. So he takes a whopping 2 points.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huril kept moving forward, dancing around the first guard to attack the second, his blade flashing out to strike, though he did not wish to kill the man.

Move to M2, avoiding AOO and attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d20+10)[18]
    damage: (1d6+5)[10]
    ~ZA

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Now, take this, you dirty apes!

Tyr said as he fired a flurry of rounds at slave guard who shot his ally (W-14).
    Spoiler
    Show

Rapid shot + Focused aim (cha to damage). Still touch AC so should hit.
    hit1 - (1d20+7)[17]
    hit2 - (1d20+7)[19]
    damage1 - (1d8)[1]
    damage2 - (1d8+4)[9]

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Jon's shot catches the mountain of a guard in the belly. The divine energy of the bullet takes a toll, but does little to slow him as he charges towards the paladin. Jon ducks a swift jab of the man's scizore, but fails to notice the left hook that follows. More than just a punch, the man's fingers are like steel spikes ripping a jagged, bleeding tear in Jon's midsection.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jon: 10 normal HP damage + 3 bleed damage. DC 15 heal check or magical healing to end bleed effect

Huril dashes forward and swings at the unarmed man, slicing his left arm to the bone. The man shrieks in pain and jumps back a step "I'll see you in chains for that, fetcher." He snarls before diving into a spell. He points at Huril as he utters the final syllable.

Spoiler
    Show
    Huril: WILL DC 17 or fall prone, laughing uncontrollably

Along the shore, Genevieve dashes past the guard with the blunderbuss, cutting a thin line through his leather armor. Tyr's twin shots prove more decisive, smashing two craters in the guard's chest and leaving him quite dead. Hearing the gunfire from behind the hovel, the other guard in the southeast corner of the compound wisely moves north to support his bosses.

Mika veritably flies back near Genevieve and Tyr on magically enhances legs. The two guards she drew off give their best sprint to keep up, but find themselves left in the dust.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-01 at 06:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Jon recoils from the blow, quickly touching his chest with a softly glowing hand while the other again levels the pistol, a gout of holy flame shooting from the barrel. "Not surrendering then?"

Spoiler
    Show
    5 ft step back to S3,
    smiting shot (1 grit)
    attack (1d20+9)[2](11) (includes +1 from PBS and +1 for attacking slavers)(touch attack)
    Damage (1d8+8)[7](15) (+6 smite, +1 PBS, +1 vs slavers)
    lay hands on self (swift action) (1d6)[2](2) to stop bleeding

7. - Top - End - #187

That was kinda funny, Huril thought. No no, that was really funny, he continued, grinning and barely holding back a laugh. For a moment, he thought the feeling was going to pass, but then it pressed on even harder and he toppled over with rolling laughter. "I didn't know we were fighting clowns!" He managed to say through his fit of laughter.
    ~ZA

8. - Top - End - #188

Genevieve shifts the barrel on her pepperbox, takes a shot at the man with the Scizore, and ducks back behind the building.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shooting at A! (1d20+6)[25], and (1d8)[6] damage. Then moving to W2. This is the way we hit and run, hit and run, hit and run... Oh, if anyone shoots at me this round and it makes a difference I'll spend a grit to add +2 to my AC

EDIT: That's actually a 23 to hit, with the range penalty. Ah well, no worries.

She grins in satisfaction, hearing the man she shot at yell in pain and fury.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-09-01 at 08:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189

BlueKnightGuy

Mika continues to move north. Turning the corner of the northern most building she points a finger at the guard in front of Jon and releases a bolt of electricity at him.

Spoiler
    Show

60 ft move to V4
    ranged attack vs Touch AC (1d20+3)[14]
    damage (1d6+1)[5]

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr realizes he better help the Huril, something was definately wrong with him. He was never so cheerful.
    He moves to S-8 (30 ft) then fires at Guard G at N-6.

Spoiler
    Show

Did I get back my grit from last kill?
    I just shoot once but out of 1st range increment so not touch AC.
    Attack - (1d20+6)[7]
    (1d8)[4]
    Then reloads.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Genevieve takes aim at the shortbow-wielding guard chasing Mika, burying a hot lead ball in his shoulder before leaping back behind the hut. The man yowls in pain as he and spearman continue to advance.

@Genevieve
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your post was a little confusing on who to target (guard A or the one with the scizore?) and where to move (W2 was way out of range) so I had to make some educated guesses

Tyr sprints between the two shoreline hovels to support Huril. Seeing an exposed guard the gunslinger fires, but the shot bounces off the pavers at the man's feet. It does manage to grab the guard's attention, though, and he charges Tyr with his longsword. The blade easily slips through the gunslinger's leathers and into his side.

Also seeing Tyr's attack, the sorcerer advances, releasing a beam of force that strike Tyr squarely in the chest. "No one has rustled my slaves before and gotten away with their lives, and you're not going to be the first."

@Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 normal HP damage, 12 non lethal damage

Mika heads north to support Jon. Seeing the muscle-bound brawler she quickly utters a few key words of power, sending a jolt of electricity through him. The spell draws his attention for a split second, long enough for Jon to jump clear and fire another divinely charged ball into the man.

Though badly wounded, the fighter clearly isn't out of it. "You'll pay fer that missy, soon as I finish wit yer boyfriend here." he mutters, and comes in swinging once more. His scizored arm flies high, but his claw-like left is once more there to meet the paladin as he ducks under the first blow. The brawler's arm retracts, this time clasping a fist full of Jon's right shoulder.

@Jon
    Spoiler
    Show
    8 damage, plus 3 bleed

Huril collapses to the ground in a fit of laughter, taking great pleasure in Jon's latest wound.

@Huril
    Spoiler
    Show
    you get to retry the save again this round, Will DC 17. Thank Kon Lesh for reminding me

Spoiler
    Show

A: archer
    S: spear
    C: brawler/scizore
    U: unarmed/sorcerer
    G: longsword
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-01 at 10:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

BlueKnightGuy

Great! Huril was hit with something but don't know what. Mika goes and runs over to Huril in order to protect him from assult and launches another bolt but this time at the spell caster.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to N3
    attack vs touch ac against O6 (1d20+3)[20]
    damage (1d6+1)[7]

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Again Jon recoils, shocked that the man is standing after taking two of his best shots. He takes a snap-shot from his hip, drawing his left hand past his new wound after he sets the hammer.

"I wanted to do this without blood. You leave me no choice."

Spoiler
    Show
    5' step back
    smite (1 grit) attack (1d20+9)[13](22) touch attack
    damage (1d8+8)[7](15)
    swift to lay hands (1d6)[3](3)
    Last edited by stack; 2011-09-01 at 09:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr wasn't having a good day at all now.
    You dare draw my blood? Let us see how you like my own magic.

He stepped lighty back, drawing his blunderbus and firing with all his might his alchemy shot (pellets shoot in 15 cone).
    Spoiler
    Show

5 ft step to T-8. You can fire a 2 handed firearm with one hand with -4 hit penalty. Since I still haven't put my gun away I'm doing that.
    Had the caster been closer I would have shatter shot them both, but I'll just hit the longsword dude with a normal round.

The blunderbus had a entangling shot loaded in it. Due to using the shot, I deal only 1/2 damage if I hit, but he is entangled 2d4 rd unless he makes a DC 15 Reflex.

hit - (1d20+5)[25]
    damage - (1d8+1)[2]

15. - Top - End - #195

Genevieve moves around the building, levelling the pepperbox and looking for a target. Seeing the sorceror looking entirely too confident, she unloads a round in his general direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to U10, shifting the pepperbox barrel, and shooting. Spending a point of grit to make this shot a touch attack. (1d20+6)[11], and if it hits then (1d8)[4] damage.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-09-01 at 10:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Faced with melee opponent, Tyr scrambles backwards, desperately reaching for his blunderbuss. The big gun finally in hand, he levels and fires almost without aiming.The recoil nearly bucks the gun from Tyr's grips as the swordsman falls, a fist-sized hole blown clean through his abdomen.

Jon unloads yet another slug into the musclebound brawler, puncturing a lung. "Not... done... yet..." exhales the man as he slowly collapses, very mistaken in his assessment.

With one challenging opponent down, Mika dashes past Jon to aid the inexplicably ecstatic Huril. Still unsure of the spell afflicting him, the young sylph can do nothing but wheel and deliver electric jolt to the enemy sorcerer.

Genevieve hones in on the smug sorcerer as well, but nearly hits Mika with her poorly placed shot.

His confidence shaken by the sudden appearance of two more assailants, the sorcerer retreats towards the slave pen, "Guards, to me" he shouts, and his two remaining men obey. He then turns his attention to the injured Tyr, spitting out a spell and launching yet another ray of force into the gunslinger's chest. This time it's too much for Tyr to shake off, and he's knocked unconscious.

@Tyr
    Spoiler
    Show
    12 non-lethal damage. I believe that's enough to eclipse your HP total.

DC 17 Spellcraft check
    Spoiler
    Show
    Admonishing ray

map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-03 at 04:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Jon steps around the building, gun leveled. "Take out the leader!" His barrel glows as he aims and follows his own instruction, lead a light leaping forth driven by faith and powder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to
    n-4
    focused/smiting shot
    attack (1d20+9)[6](15)
    damage (1d8+12)[6](18) assuming evil

Hope nothing falls out with this running around. May need to see a priest when we're done.

18. - Top - End - #198

"Very well then!" Genevieve scampers past Tyr, adjusting her pepperbox as she goes. Without hesitation, she chooses her target and fires.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the sorceror still stands, she'll move to Q7 and shoot at him. If he has fallen, she'll move to U8 and shoot at Scizore guy. Either way they're in the first range increment, and point blank shot applies too.
    (1d20+7)[26] touch, (1d8+1)[4] damage.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-09-03 at 07:27 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199

BlueKnightGuy

Seeing Jon move closer, Mika dashes down and around the sorcerer. pointiing her finger out again, releasing another bolt.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to L11 dodging AoO
    attack vs touch ac against scizore (1d20+3)[22]
    damage (1d6+1)[5]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Tyr fall, both Jon and Genevieve jump into action. They aim and fire on the sorcerer simultaneously, inflicting a pair of grievous chest wounds that drive the man against the wall of the slave pen. There he slides to the ground, his corpse leaving twin streaks of blood.

With the spell-caster dead, Mika races south to deal with the two remaining guards. A few well chosen words of power send yet another arc of electricity into the spear-wielder.

The spearman closes on Genevieve with a thrust, while the archer turns and fires his bow at Mika. Both women handily dodge the attacks from the increasingly desperate guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-03 at 06:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

Genevieve whirls around, practically in a dance as she shifts the pepperbox to her off hand, and quick draws the rapier in her main.

"You're mine, boy!" She snaps at the spearman, challenging him as she completes the whirl and lunges forward in a smooth, controlled motion!

Spoiler
    Show
    As the only one in melee combat with him, I get +1 to attack him! And +2 damage regardless from the challenge. My AC is -2 to every other foe than him, I fear. Ah well, shouldn't matter. To hit roll... (1d20+7)[24] and in the event it's a crit, confirmation is (1d20+7)[11] Damage is (1d6+3)[6], with a possible add-on of a crit... (1d6+3)[7]

SUMMARY: Not a crit. SOOOooo close, though! Spearman takes 6.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-09-03 at 08:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202

BlueKnightGuy

A small smile moves across Mika's face as the other sorcerer falls. Another bolt travels across the battlefield at the same moment that Mika moves away from the archer. "Come on. The natives could hit me in fog. You really that bad!"

Spoiler
    Show

Another elemental bolt attack vs touch ac against the archer (1d20+3)[12]
    damage (1d6+1)[3]
    Then move action to N18 through J16
    (I am trying to make the archer think that I am in between the two bottom buildings)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the mage go down, Jon continues on to relieve Mika, his weapon again flashing.

Spoiler
    Show
    mover to O-10
    2 grit focused smite on A,
    attack (1d20+9)[5](14) vs touch
    damage (1d8+12)[7](19)

I assume I get grit for the caster?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, you do get grit for the caster

Genevieve dodges the spear thrust with a neat twirl, juggling her equiptment as she turns, and finished the move by impaling the guard as he runs by. The rapier flashes back out of the wound and the man manages a few more staggering steps before falling in a heap.

Yet another electrical jolt arcs from Mika's fingertips, but the flash does little more than annoy the archer as he draws back his bow once more. It seems like Mika is about to do her best impression of a pin cushion when Jon rushes forward, gun blazing. The last guard drops, and only Huril's dying laughter is left to disturb the still night air.

Spoiler
    Show
    465 xp each

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

"Are there any more guards? If not, I suggest we tend our wounds quickly and free the slaves."

He looks at the fallen guards, some remorse on his face. Even though they were slavers, I would have had them surrender rather than this.

"Perhaps we should take their equipment? That way it may look like a raid by natives. I suppose that would require disposing of the bodies to hide the bullet holes though." His face contorts at the unpleasant thought.

26. - Top - End - #206

Huril came down from his laughing fit to his normal self, standing up and putting his blade away. "Hm, that's that, huh? I say loot 'em and chuck 'em in the river," he said, looking a little disappointed at the results of the conflict, both of himself and the needless killings. After a moment of respect for the fallen, he moved to the slave pen, looking at the doorway, wondering if there were any traps or locks or the like.
    ~ZA

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

The gate to the slave pen is only held shut with a simple latch. The slaves inside are manacled at the hands and feet, attached to a long chain staked in the ground. A quick search of the bodies reveals a key on a necklace around the sorcerer's neck, and an assortment of other items.

loot
    Spoiler
    Show

3x scale mail
    1x chain shirt
    1x hide shirt
    1 longsword
    1 medium wooden shield
    1 spear
    1 shortbow
    20 arrows
    1 scizore
    1 battered blunderbuss
    1 rapier
    350 gp
    1 ring (spellcraft DC 20 to identify)
    4 potions (perception DC 17 to identify)
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-09-05 at 06:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Do any of the slaves look like they need healing?
    Also, Jon will take the blunderbuss if no one else needs it. Smite evil in a 15' cone!

Jon looks over the slave pen with a look of revulsion.
    "Let's get these men free. The sooner they go, the sooner we can leave. I would rather not still be here when our deeds are discovered."
    He keeps his movements slow and deliberate, both to show good intent and to keep from aggravating his wounds.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Jon examines the slaves, some of whom flinch away from his presence despite his deliberate moves, but sees nothing worse than some chaffing around their manacles. Certainly none as badly injured as Tyr. It looks like whoever bought these slaves was looking for healthy adults, there are no children or elderly among them.

Spoiler
    Show
    The blunderbuss is of the battered variety, a gunslinger's starting weapon. It's considered broken for anyone else trying to use it, so you'll have to put in the 1 day of work and 300 GP to remove the battered condition and get it back into masterwork shape to use it safely (the rules suggest that a gunslinger can't upgrade someone else's battered gun, but I'm ruling that you can).

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr snores loudly hoping someone will remember him. He was sleeping by a dead body sucking his own tongue.