Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 821
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    You meet just outside the inn, among the mess. Everyone is running around moving stuff to someplace secure, or going out of the houses. Nobody seems to be paying attention to you.

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Ah, wonderful, you're both safe. Now then, any ideas as to what's going on? Besides the burning buildings I mean."

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia looks around at the pandemonium passively.
    "Goblin attack, perhaps?"
    He straps on his spiked gauntlet, and loads his crossbow.
    "If we seek answers, they are likely to be found near the town walls."

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia shakes her head. I don't know about you, but if these goblins could infiltrate the city so thoroughly as to set each and every rooftop on fire they would have done something better with it. If they could do this, why not just steal whatever they want? No, I think this is that strange weather that was mentioned before. She says. But I think that getting somewhere where we can find out what's going on and provide assistance would b a good idea.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "This almost just seems purposeful to me." Rubido shrugged and grabbed for his sword.

    "Let's head for the town walls."

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    As you reach the city walls, nobody bothers with you. Even most of the guards are too busy with water buckets and helping keep the population safe.

    The city gates are open, and the Dark Wood lies ahead.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Since Rubido had been repeatedly assured that the roofs being on fire was normal for this place, he promptly put the matter in the back of his mind. So, who's good with directions?"

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming you all prepare what you need to prepare - spells, maneuvers etc. Also assuming you have enough food for the whole trip, I'm not going to check that stuff.


    You start your trek outside of the city. The day is warm and the sun shines, but the road is a bit difficult because it's not paved. Luckily, the caravan has left a bit of a trail, and it's not too hard to follow it - it looks like the prisoner gave you correct directions. The caravan passed just beside the first trees of the Dark Wood, so you walk for quite a bit in that direction. Nobody is around, aside from chirping birds.

    After one hour, a couple of dwarves springs up from some undergrowth near the trees, at about twelve metres from you. They have peasants' clothes, but you can't tell whether they actually have any armor under the clothes - especially the male is cloaked in a long brown mantle. They seem to be armed, though. As the male starts speaking, you can easily see that the female has two cats on her shoulders, and is playing with them without paying much attention to you.

    The dwarf goes: excuse me, kind adventurers, a friend of mine told me that you were interested in a peculiar... book back in Galsaff. His eyes stare at you in a meaningful way. If that is correct, I have news for you. Could you please confirm?

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia raises an eyebrow as the dwarves emerge, a rare display of emotion on his otherwise stoic face. He answers the male dwarf in fluent Dwarven.
    <Dwarven>"Hail, stranger. You seem to have us at a disadvantage. We were interested in acquiring a certain volume of supposedly useful lore back in town, but the circumstances surrounding its acquisition struck us as unsavory, at best. We are pursuing other leads at the present moment."

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia considers the dwarves. Perhaps these are the ones in posession of the arms that that man wanted...or they were his associates. While she doesn't say anything - there's no reason to, with Melchia having already explained the situation - she prepares herself for combat, her new confidence filling her.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Both dwarves smile. Oh, I'm glad to have found you. The message for you is that you need to be dead, and that we will take care of this.

    The male dwarf pounces on Selia, displaying some impressive claws which he uses to try to slash her. Meanwhile, The female dwarf waves her hands and speaks a few words of power, pointing at Rubido. You, elf, flee!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll for the claw: (1d20+6)[10] (crit (1d20+6)[15]) miss
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6] plus (1d4)[4] nonlethal cold damage.
    If hit, Selia must roll a Fort save: (1d20+3)[20] vs DC 14 or be Fatigued. didn't need to save

    The other dwarf casts Command on Rubido. Rolled Spellcraft aside (forgot), Rubido is the only one who identifies the spell.
    Rubido rolls a Will save: (1d20+1)[14] vs DC 13 or must flee at top speed from the Dwarf. saved


    The dwarf scratches Selia's studded armor with his claw, but is in melee range of all three of you. The other dwarf, at 40 feet, draws her mace.

    Initiative order
    Spoiler
    Show

    Dwarf 1 20
    Dwarf 2 19
    Melchia 19 <- UP NOW
    Rubido 18
    Selia 12
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-01-05 at 08:59 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia

    As the dwarves suddenly attack, Melchia takes a wide stance, his arms at his sides. A palpable aura of menace seems to radiate from him, as everyone 'hears' a faint keening in their minds. A familiar odor seems to fill the air for a brief moment, bringing back a half-forgotten memory. For Melchia, it smells like burning hair. With a single thought, he attempts to instill dread into the assailants, weakening them for further mental assault.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If the dwarves are within 30 ft., and not near Melchia, he will manifest Demoralize on them, expending his psionic focus to boost the save DC by 1. They are entitled to a DC 15 Will save, or else be shaken for 2 minutes, taking a -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

    He will then move, keeping a distance of 15 ft. or more between himself and the claw-dwarf if possible.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Only the claw-dwarf is affected, as the other one is further than 30 feet (40).
    Will save: (1d20+1)[4] failed


    As Melchia moves back, the claw-dwarf seizes his opportunity to strike him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    AoO! Will update attack rolls if shaken.
    Attack roll: (1d20+4)[19] (-2) (crit: (1d20+4)[10]) hit
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3] plus (1d4)[1] cold nonlethal damage. 3+1 damage
    If hit, Melchia must make a Fort save (1d20+2)[22] vs DC 14 or be fatigued. Nat 20!

    Lucky damage rolls!


    The dwarf, despite being slightly frightened by Melchia's power, manages to sink his claw in the human's flesh, tearing a wound in his arm.

    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw-Dwarf 20
    Dwarf 2 19
    Melchia 19
    Rubido 18 <- UP NOW
    Selia 12
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-01-06 at 09:30 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Wait, this Dwarf dared to ignore Rubido? Oh dear me, that simply won't do. Rubido raises his sword overhead, leaving an opening in his defense in return for some extra power. He'd make a quick, chopping motion at the Dwarf with the claws.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Taking a swift action to enter Punishing Strikes stance. Gain an extra 1d6 on all my physical attacks while taking a -2 to AC.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9] + (1d6)[1]

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia moves out of the range of the clawed dwarf, raising one arm and unleashing a pulse of her new-found power. A slight distortion of the air around her outstretched arm was the only sign of the spell before a feeling of hopelessness washed over their enemies.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Bane. I'm, IIRC, 45 or 50 feet from the spellcasting dwarf, so it'd hit both (range 50').
    DC 14 Will save or they take a -1 penalty to attack rolls and saves vs fear.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido sees the opening in the clawed dwarf's armor and goes for it, only to hit a particularly dense and hardy part of the dwarf's skin. The dwarf absorbs the hit without suffering.

    The clawed humanoid lunges with full force at Rubido, who remains the only enemy in range. He tries to hit with both claws. Meanwhile, his companion makes haste with her mace toward Selia, almost reaching her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Selia's Bane
    Will save for Claw-Dwarf: (1d20-1)[12] fail
    Will save for Dwarf 2: (1d20+4)[14] saved

    Two claw attacks. Bonuses will be lowered if the dwarf fails his saving throw.
    Attack 1: (1d20+2)[4] (crit: (1d20+2)[10]) miss
    Attack 2: (1d20+2)[16] (crit: (1d20+2)[21]) hit
    Damage 1: (1d6+2)[3] plus (1d4)[4] cold nonlethal damage miss
    Damage 2: (1d6+2)[3] plus (1d4)[2] cold nonlethal damage 3+2 damage

    Rubido is fatigued: you can't run or charge, and have a -2 to Strength and Dexterity. Effectively, a -1 to attack, damage rolls and AC.


    The dwarf misses by a wide margin with his first claw, and just barely connects with his second attack, slashing his shoulder. Rubido can feel a supernatural cold penetrate his bones, leaving him very tired all at once. Seeing as his attacks are barely penetrating your defenses, he concentrates for a split second and instantly his body becomes a bit thinner, and his claws sharper.

    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw-Dwarf 20
    Dwarf 2 19
    Melchia 19 <- UP NOW
    Rubido 18
    Selia 12
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-01-07 at 07:08 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia

    Wincing from the bleeding wound on his arm, Melchia focuses his mental energy, trying to disrupt the attacking dwarves with waves of hostile thought.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If both dwarves are in range of a 20 ft. cone, Melchia will try to hit them both with a Disable power, entitling them to a DC 14 Will save or else believe they are are 0 hit points for 2 minutes.

    If only the closest dwarf is in range (likely the claw guy), Melchia will hit them with a Daze power, entitling them to a DC 14 Will save or else be dazed for one round.

    Finally, Melchia will take a move action to keep himself within 20 ft. of the nearest dwarf, or else take a 5 ft. step away from the nearest dwarf to safely manifest his power.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Despite the surprising fatigue Rubido felt, he tore through it and would chop his sword again, this time taking in the opponent's fighting style and what he felt was an obvious weak point.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido will attempt to hit the Dwarf that went at him.

    Going to use Sapphire Nightmare Blade. Also spending an inspiration point to add my a +3 to the roll.

    Attack Roll: If the -2 strength doesn't affect the concentration check then the bonus is 1 higher. (1d20+9)[23]

    Damage roll (Oh boy here we go, also spending another inspiration point to add +3 to my damage) : (1d8+2)[9] + (1d6)[6] + (1d6)[4] +3 from Int bonus
    Last edited by Overlord Rion; 2012-01-08 at 02:42 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia makes a slight retreat from the front of the battle, falling back on a slightly more simple way to channel her power. This battle is nearly finished! Our foes are at the brink of defeat! She cries, imbuing her voice with supernatural strength.

    Actions:(Important for everyone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inspiring Courage! +1.

    And 5' stepping if I'm within reach of the claw-dwarf.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Disable it is. Here come the two saving throws.
    Claw dwarf: (1d20-1)[5] fail
    Dwarf 2: (1d20+4)[13] fail

    Also, for the cats: (1d20+1)[10] fail, (1d20+1)[8] fail

    Melchia feels no resistance from the dwarves' minds to her powers, however, the clawed dwarf seems to suffer no ill effect from his psychic attack. Dwarf woman and cats alike start coughing heavily and drop to the ground, panting.

    Rubido raises his blade and strikes as soon as the enemy lowers his guard for a split second. He opens a terrible gash in the chest of the dwarf, that screams wildly for the pain. His belly slashed apart, his ribcage showing, he doesn't drop. His eyes turn red, and he turns to you with renewed fury, to slash you once more.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Two claws again.
    Attack roll 1: (1d20+2)[13] (crit: (1d20+2)[11]) miss
    Attack roll 2: (1d20+2)[13] (crit: (1d20+2)[10]) miss
    Damage 1: (1d6+3)[8] plus (1d4)[1] cold nonlethal damage.
    Damage 2: (1d6+3)[4] plus (1d4)[3] cold nonlethal damage.

    You're already fatigued and it doesn't stack, so no more need for saving throws.

    If the dwarf woman is not disabled, she charges Selia.
    Attack roll: (1d20+5)[7] (crit: (1d20+5)[10])
    Damage: (1d8+1)[3]

    Also if the cats are not disabled, they attack Selia as well.
    Attack roll: (1d20+4)[18] (crit: (1d20+4)[11])
    Damage: (1d2-4)[-2]
    Attack roll: (1d20+4)[12] (crit: (1d20+4)[19])
    Damage: (1d2-4)[-3]

    The clawed dwarf, in his rage, doesn't manage to aim well his attacks. He scratches Rubido's leather armor harmlessly twice more.

    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw-Dwarf 20
    Dwarf 2 19
    Melchia 19 <- UP NOW
    Rubido 18
    Selia 12
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-01-08 at 12:38 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia

    Impressed by the clawed dwarf's tenacity, Melchia redoubles his efforts, focusing on his enemy's mind alone, lashing out with an invisible thrust of mental static.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action to keep at least 20 ft. of distance between himself and Mr. Claws, 5 ft. step if needed to avoid AoO's.

    Then, Melchia will manifest Daze on the dwarf. If he has 4 or fewer HD, he's entitled to a DC 14 Will save or be dazed for 1 round. Don't forget he's taking a -2 to saves from being shaken!
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2012-01-08 at 03:38 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, with no shaken effect he'd have hit both times on Rubido last round. It's a strong condition.
    Will save: (1d20-1)[5]


    The clawed dwarf this time recoils, holding his head in his hands, and screaming for the sudden headache.

    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw-Dwarf 20
    Dwarf 2 19
    Melchia 19
    Rubido 18 <- UP NOW
    Selia 12
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-01-08 at 03:56 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    At this, Rubido smiles. All he could see was Melchia moving around and the Dwarves moving about and recoiling from some unseen force. The sword looked almost as vicious as the smile plastered on Rubido's face.

    Got to remember that for future reference. And I'll probably ask him about that.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[12]

    Damage: (1d8+3)[4] + (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by Overlord Rion; 2012-01-08 at 09:07 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido's aim is quite poor, and as he connects with the dwarf he hears the sound of a chain shirt absorbing the impact.

    Rubido
    Spoiler
    Show
    Remember, since you're a Warblade, that you can recover your maneuvers every round you do a full-attack and spend a swift action. This would have been a good round to recover your Sapphire Nightmare Blade.

    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw-Dwarf 20
    Dwarf 2 19
    Melchia 19
    Rubido 18
    Selia 12 <- UP NOW

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia gives a suggestion about a different angle of attack for Rubido, the words themselves helping less than the magical energy filling them.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moar, as they say, Inspire Courage.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The clawed dwarf spends his round shaking his head violently to keep off the pain. His eyes are full of rage.

    The dwarf woman, coughing, casts a spell on herself. After that, she realizes she isn't hurt and runs up to Selia.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft checks
    Rubido: (1d20+5)[16] Cure Minor Wounds
    Selia: (1d20+2)[14] fail

    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw-Dwarf 20
    Dwarf 2 19
    Melchia 19 <- UP NOW
    Rubido 18
    Selia 12
    Last edited by mucco; 2012-01-10 at 08:58 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia

    Inwardly, Melchia cursed as the female dwarf broke free of the misconception that she was critically injured. Clearly, these two were not susceptible to such subtle tactics. Focusing on the clawed dwarf, he sends another wave of psychic pain his way, knowing that the fear in the dwarf's heart makes him more vulnerable.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action to maintain safe distance as before, etc., then manifesting Daze on the dwarf again, DC 14 Will save.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido was beginning to get tired of these Dwarves. However, he would have to settle for keeping them busy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to recover my maneuvers this turn. Swift Action there, and assuming the claw dwarf is still in my range, I'm going to attack.

    And spending my last inspiration point for the encounter on my attack roll.

    (1d20+6)[20]

    Damage: (1d8+3)[10] + (1d6)[4]

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Another mighty slash cuts the body of the clawed dwarf in two, instantly killing him.

    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwarf 2 19
    Melchia 19
    Rubido 18
    Selia 12 <- UP NOW

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia moves towards her comrades with the intent of making it impossible for the remaining dwarf to attack her without exposing herself to the freshly-bloodied blade of Rubido. She continues to spur the swordsman on with magically strengthened encouragement.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move in a way that the dwarf can't get to me without provoking an AOO, if possible.

    Keep Inspiring Courage.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •