Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 821
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia smiles as she puts together what happened.

    "Seems like our little lost lamb found-or made-himself a tunnel somewhere." She says. "I think I'll be going down first, unless any of you have the ability to make things glow." If neither of them says anything, Selia concentrates for a moment and says Olen voimakas. quietly, clenching one fist. A moment later her glove begins to glow brightly, and she starts looking for hand- and footholds to help her descend.

    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Light on my glove.

    She says "I am powerful." in Undercommon. I'll be using Finnish for it.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia straps his spiked gauntlet to his right hand, then loads and readies his crossbow. He didn't know what to expect down there, but it never hurt to be prepared.
    He took note of Selia's magical talent for future consideration.
    "Right behind you."

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Lead the way, but feel free to drop behind my shield at any time. I assure you it has served well in the past." Rubido readies his sword and shield. He then addresses Melchia "Keep an eye on the lady, would you? I'll bring up the rear since I can still see fairly well down here."

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Once she's at the bottom of the slope into the hole/tunnel, Selia draws her punching dagger in her non-glowing hand. Taking a few moments to get her bearings in the tunnel, she examines the width of it, trying to see if two of them could walk shoulder-to-shoulder, rather than having to go single file.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    You slide for ten or fifteen feet before the slope ends. At that point, the hole assumes the form of a proper tunnel. You cannot see the end of it though, because it's quite long. It's also pretty low so you can't really stand up, and the sides are covered with a strange sort of plant.

    Rubido is able to see before the others that the tunnel ends with a cracked wall. As you get closer, you see that while the wall has a very big hole, behind it there seems to be a wooden replacement.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia squints as his eyes adjust somewhat to the gloom.
    "...Does this resemble a goblin warren, perhaps?" he whispers to his companions.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Knowledge (dungeoneering) to attempt to identify the underground plants in the tunnel: (1d20+4)[6]

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're some sort of tiny lichen-like fungi, but you can't recall anything specific about them.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Goblin warren? It's possible, but I'm hoping not." After taking a few moments looks at the plants, Rubido tried to look at the wall and see any weaknesses. "Now I wonder where this came from....?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Doing the same as Melchia for the heck of it. I like plants.

    (1d20+3)[11]

    And a search check on the wall to see if I can find any weaknesses or indications of when it was put up.

    (1d20+7)[18]

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know no more than Melchia does.


    The wooden surface you examine seems normal. A very fine wood, indeed. Knocking gently on its surface, you can hear it sound hollow in some points, but not in others.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia kneels by the wooden obstruction. A soft chuckle escapes him.
    "We are probably poking around some poor soul's attempt to patch a hole in their basement wall. In the name of thoroughness I'd suggest we try to get through, but such an attempt will probably make a great deal of noise."
    He looks to Rubido, and shrugs.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia thinks of the placement of the bush, hole and tunnel-if it leads towards the temple, this would probably be some sort of wall patch...but at the same time, it could be a secret way into the tunnel of some sort. Perhaps the tunnel was dug to get to some sort of vault under the building...

    I'm not sure. It could be a repair job, but at the same time, it could be an obstruction to conceal the tunnel. Maybe someone is using it to sneak in, or out, of the temple, or some sort of vault... Selia considers.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "...Well? Should we try and break it down?"
    Melchia pushes against the wooden obstruction, testing how securely it's fastened to the wall.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Melchia can Aid Another on a Strength check to break the barrier open, if it doesn't simply push open like a door.

    Search check for any hidden levers, etc. (1d20+3)[17]
    Aid Another Strength check, DC 10: (1d20)[9]

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Judging that there was no way for him to get through, Rubido decided to try and break his way through...as quietly as possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check to test the wood. (1d20+3)[7]

    And another strength check to actually break through. (1d20+3)[23]

    And let me know about any other rolls I need.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    You first test the wood and find it to be very firm. Then, somewhat aided by Melchia, you push as hard as you can. The wood wall reveals itself as a library as it falls onto the ground with great noise.

    You discover that you are in one of the priest's private chambers. Things, however, seem a bit... sinister. Even though nobody is there, the candles are lit and flickering as if there were wind. There is also a lot of disorder in the small room. The white and black tiles on the floor, which you can see having a regular, symmetric pattern in the hallway leading upwards, assume a random and sinister pattern in the room, drawing wild lines and circles (think Van Gogh). The priestly robes are scattered around, some on the pavement even. Some of them carry odd symbols.

    The room, aside from the obvious hallway leading upwards, has another exit - a closed door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot checks
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[14]
    Selia: (1d20+3)[22]
    Rubido: (1d20+3)[20]

    Also, a Bardic Knowledge roll for Selia: (1d20+2)[16]. I just noticed that you guys have next to no knowledge skills. That'll make things more... interesting


    Selia and Rubido can clearly see on the dark walls of the room some faint stains of blood coming from above. For Selia, that's what reminds her of a curse cast upon a bartender who cheated on his wife with a virgin girl, and had his bed stained with blood for three years.
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-08-26 at 04:05 PM.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia climbs down carefully into the room. His expression remains relatively blank, but his voice is a cautious whisper.
    "This does not bode well... Shall we take a look around?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Melchia's got a few ranks in a smattering of odd Knowledge skills, for what it's worth.

    Search check of the room? (1d20+3)[21]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    In one of the drawers, you find a lot of the priest's sun disks (it's a Pelorite church). The face carved on the floor, however, is crying instead of smiling. Many of the disks have blue halos on them, and some are entirely blue. Not much else, though.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia frowns, slowly stepping down into the room. That's odd...I don' think that blood is normal. I've heard of similar stains, but they came from a curse. She says.

    Odd... Is all she has to say about the blue sun disks.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia pockets the sun discs for future examination.
    "We might be breaking certain laws at the moment. However, if our objective, that is, the missing boy, is somewhere within, it behooves us to make a thorough investigation of this place."
    He steps up to the exit door, and rubs his chin.
    "How shall we proceed?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Listen check at the door for anything unusual: (1d20+1)[2]

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silence.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "I agree that the blood looks strange, but a curse? Something tells me this does not bode well for us. Call it a gut feeling." Rubido's grip on his sword tightened slightly. "I'll lead the way this time since we have the room."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check at the door for unusual things as well. (1d20+5)[7]

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear no sound either.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia raises her eyebrows at Melchia's pilfering.

    After a moment, she moves up to the door and, tensing her muscles for a sudden rush to the hole in the wall, follows the example of her comrades and listens for sounds on the other side of the door.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20+7)[24]

    Well. I can always say that, compared to the rest of the party, Selia is a great listener...
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-08-27 at 04:53 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No sound coming from the other side.

    You are a great listener for sure, and the tragedy of it is that these three checks would have been avoided if only the first one had rolled high.

    We metaplay on those rolls so much with my RL group! xD

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia frowns. "You know, it would have been nice if either of you had mentioned that there's nothing out there, rather than just sort of standing there..." She says. Then she tests the door-if it opens outwards, she opens it a crack and looks out into whatever room/hallway is beyond.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    It opens inwards.

    Assuming you do the same, you see that the door reveals a wall instead of a passage. It looks like a fake door.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia frowns, staring at the 'wall' beyond the door.
    "That does not make sense..."
    He reaches out to touch it, his suspicion growing.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save to disbelieve an illusory wall? (1d20+4)[19]

    Search check, looking for a hidden catch or something, in case it's some manner of secret door? (1d20+3)[6]

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    As your arm passes right through the "wall", you realize your suspicions were true. The wall is indeed illusory, and behind it a long tunnel is neatly carved into solid stone. The tunnel takes a turn at a certain point, so you can't see very far. The tunnel doesn't seem to be lit by any means.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Saving throw not even required. Everyone disbelieves eventually. 5 minutes left on Selia's Light spell.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia looks to his companions, a thin frown on his lips.
    "An illusion. Strange. Well, shall we proceed? I would suggest that you take point, Rubido."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ready to press on.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia nods. "Before we get too deep into the building, I want to mention that I only have a few more minutes of light left. After that, I can make about 10 more, but that'll be all for today." She warns.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Once the light runs out, follow what I say. I can see just fine without much light." Rubido takes the front, as he expected was going to be the usual way of things. He was very much hoping he wouldn't be vaporized five seconds in. That would just be bad taste.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •