Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 821
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia follows.
    "I have a few candles we can use, in a pinch," he offers softly.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The passage you take is very long, and you have to use additional light resources to go through it. In about twenty minutes of walking, you come to a ladder leading up to a trapdoor. Upon exiting, you see that said trapdoor was very well concealed by the thick vegetation in the area.

    You find yourself outside of the city walls, at about one thousand feet away, just at the start of the Dark Wood, a forest bordering Galsaff. The grass is very tall - two to three feet, and it provides you with some concealment in all directions. You can also clearly see a path made of grass that has been recently stomped. The path leads South, always staying near the wood and going towards a huge tree, about half a mile away. You can spot a road passing by that tree.

    The grass path seems to steer left into the Dark Wood some two hundred feet before the tree, but it's a bit far away and you can't tell for sure.

    A caravan is quietly leaving the city on the road, in the distance. The sun shines now, and it's a lot warmer than before. There's a rainbow over Galsaff.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Either use one of Melchia's candles or the other Light spell to get through the passage.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia offers one of his candles, and by its feeble glow the group manages to find the end of the tunnel. As they emerge into fresh air, Melchia does not seem terribly surprised.
    "The shopkeeper did tell us the child was heading out... However, I am no tracker. I fear the trail might grow cold before much longer..."

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia prefers to use Melchia's candle over another spell-she wants to try and preserve her magic, just in case they run into something she'll need it for.

    "We might as well follow the trail-at least we'll find where we went, even if he's already gone." Selia considers.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    As you guys keep following the path into the grass, something happens!

    A flaming arrow lands on the caravan, setting it on fire. As a couple guards get ready to defend against an attack, four goblins come out from the woods and attack them!

    You are still about one hundred feet away and neither the guards nor the goblins seem to have noticed you, due to the grass.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's shake things up a bit. I'm taking some liberties with what you guys are doing, let me know if I'm "driving" you too much.

    You get a surprise round to act. If you enter combat, after your surprise round roll your Init thanks.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Well, it was looking like a pleasant enough day to track a lost child. Well, it was until the fire started. "Oh come now, that's just asking for a beat-down. What say we show these goblins what for? I'll do it myself if I have to, but I think we could all use a little exercise." In his head, he knew he had a job to do, but he just couldn't leave those people at the mercy of goblins.

    "If you both are in, I'll draw the attention while you fire from a distance. If not, well, I'm still wading in."
    Last edited by Overlord Rion; 2011-08-31 at 04:33 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "We'll keep you covered. Good luck."
    Melchia takes aim, and looses a quarrel at one of the goblins.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Melchia will take his surprise round action to fire at the closest goblin with his light crossbow. I believe he is beyond 1 range increment, so he takes a -2 to the attack roll.
    Attack: (1d20-1)[12] Damage: (1d8)[3]

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia's bolt flies toward a goblin, hitting him on a leather patch. As the bolt bounces harmlessly off, the yellow humanoid is alerted of your presence.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, the range increment got you.

    to everyone else, it's surprise round! Let's get the first battle under our feet already.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia grins excitedly. "I'm definitely in favor of fighting 'em." She says.

    Before the goblins notice them, she clears her throat and begins a short speech. "These goblins have been plaguing the countryside, adding yet more stress to an already heavily burdened populace...But now we are going to put an end to it! We'll drive them back, and show them our power!" Selia makes dramatic gestures during her speech, and supernatural energy moves through her voice as she speaks.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+0)[3]

    I'll add in more in a few hours.


    DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Bardic Music, Inspire Courage.


    Important Note:(for the other players, too)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have a +1 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls, as well as Will saves vs fear or enchantment.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-09-01 at 12:56 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna go ahead and do an initiative roll for later.

    Init: (1d20+4)[19]


    Spoiler
    Show
    Right, F19. And start yelling.



    Rubido took a few precious seconds to make sure his shield was adjusted correctly. The bolt Melchia flew through the air. Rubido took that as his queue. "And away I go." Once he had gotten far enough away from his team mates, he started taunting the goblins, drawing their attention to where he was.
    Last edited by Overlord Rion; 2011-09-01 at 02:02 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    @Overlord: you usually would be able to double move, but since this is a surprise round, you only get a single standard action, so a single move. You are able to reach F19, so I'll put you there. If you want, you can revise. Also, you're up now!

    Initiative order
    Rubido: 19 - UP NOW
    Goblins: (1d20+1)[19]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[3]
    Selia: 3
    Guards: (1d20+0)[2]


    The caravan defenders seem to be very happy to have some help! Quickly please, we're outnumbered here!

    From inside the cart you can hear the screams of a man. Supposedly, who's in the flaming cart doesn't know if he should stay in there and risk burning, or go outside and risk getting killed by goblins.
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-01 at 01:34 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Need to get there as quickly as possible. The sooner they see the threat, the sooner they leave those people alone. Kicking it into high gear, Rubido darted into the taller grass, heading for the road. If you cretins aren't gone by the time I get there, you're in for a world of hurt."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Heading to F 14 (EDIT: F11), still drawing attention to myself.
    Last edited by Overlord Rion; 2011-09-01 at 09:39 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Overlord:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You still have a standard action left. Double moving would get you to F11 actually, from which you'll be able to move normally. I'm assuming you'll go there - you have time to revise anyway, while the others play.


    The little attackers don't seem to be very preoccupied by you. Three of them go for the guards, while another aims for Rubido with his bow. The goblin with the bow keeps shouting at the others.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Some rolls
    Goblin 1 vs. guard: to hit: (1d20+2)[5] (crit confirm: (1d20+2)[21]), damage: (1d6)[2] Miss
    Goblin 2 vs. guard: to hit: (1d20+2)[3] (crit confirm: (1d20+2)[5]), damage: (1d6)[5] Miss
    Goblin 3 vs. guard: to hit: (1d20+2)[10] (crit confirm: (1d20+2)[14]), damage: (1d6)[3] Miss
    Goblin 4 vs. Rubido: to hit: (1d20+3)[16] (crit confirm: (1d20+3)[6]), damage: (1d6)[6] Miss, forgot the -2 to hit for the high grass.


    The guards are easily dodging the goblins' attacks. The archer proves to be more effective than them, but because of the high grass he isn't able to aim as well against Rubido as he could for the cart. Rubido can't dodge the blow, but the arrow lands on his armor.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative order
    Rubido: 19
    Goblins: 19
    Melchia: 3 - UP NOW
    Selia: 3
    Guards: 2
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-01 at 02:51 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia moves closer to the battle, trying to close the range between the goblins and himself. As he approaches the edge of the high grass, he reloads his light crossbow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Relaying in the right thread.

    Initiative order
    Rubido: 19
    Goblins: 19
    Melchia: 3
    Selia: 3 - UP NOW
    Guards: 2

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia moves forwards, her voice rising as she continues her speech.


    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Going to H-20.
    Standard: Continue Inspiring Courage
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    One of the guards, outnumbered, tries its best to avoid the enemy hits. The one facing a single enemy rallies when he hears Selia, and strikes at the goblin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+4)[7] (crit: (1d20+4)[10]), damage: (1d6+3)[7]


    She, however, misses by a wide margin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative order
    Rubido: 19 - UP NOW
    Goblins: 19
    Melchia: 3
    Selia: 3
    Guards: 2
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-04 at 06:14 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Finally getting out of the tall grass, Rubido dashes towards the Goblins, stopping just out of their melee reach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    There's only so many ways I can say "I move to some place or other." Also, Hustling to M-9

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Stay away, intruders shouts the bow-wielding goblin. This not your business!

    The other goblins, in the meanwhile, keep attacking the guards.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin 1, vs. Guard: (1d20+2)[14] (crit confirm (1d20+2)[18]), damage: (1d6)[6] Miss
    Goblin 2, vs. Guard: (1d20+2)[14] (crit confirm (1d20+2)[11]), damage: (1d6)[3] Miss
    Goblin 3, vs. Guard: (1d20+2)[11] (crit confirm (1d20+2)[7]), damage: (1d6)[4] Miss
    Goblin 4, vs. Rubido: (1d20+3)[13] (crit confirm (1d20+3)[4]), damage: (1d6)[3] Miss


    The goblins, again, are not effective: the guards are holding up well and parrying all blows. Rubido acrobatically avoids the arrow aimed at him.

    Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: 19
    Goblins: 19
    Melchia: 3 - UP NOW
    Selia: 3
    Guards: 2

    Sorry about not saying it was initiative. I assumed that non-tagged spoiler was for everyone.
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-04 at 08:48 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia begins trudging through the high grass, his jaw clenched tight. As he advances, he pauses and fires another quarrel at the one goblin not engaged in melee. The range is still a bit too far, but Selia's inspirational words help offset the drop in accuracy.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Moving to J-19, then firing at the goblin at R-5.
    Attack roll: (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[5]

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia begins to trudge through the tall grass, continuing her shouts to drive back the goblins as she goes.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Speech! Speech! Speech!
    Move: Go to G 16.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia's bolt hits an underprotected part of the archer goblin's body. He drops to the ground, moaning incomprehensible words and disappearing from sight due to the grass.

    The guards rally, and both try to hit their enemies. The outnumbered guard still doesn't risk giving his enemies an opening.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Guard 1: (1d20+4)[22] (crit confirm (1d20+4)[11]), damage: (1d6+3)[5]
    Guard 2: (1d20)[3] (crit confirm (1d20)[2]), damage: (1d6+3)[6]


    One of the guards stabs a goblin in the stomach, and the goblin falls to the ground screaming.

    Init
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: 19 - UP NOW
    Goblins: 19
    Melchia: 3
    Selia: 3
    Guards: 2
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-07 at 05:22 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Purely to draw the Goblins away, Rubido enter the fray, ready for any attacks that might come his way. He attempts to hit the closest goblin.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to O-9, or 8, depending on which one is still up I guess. Attacking the Goblin in front of me.

    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[25] Oh, did I mention I'm using an inspiration point to add my int bonus to my attack roll? Now you know.

    Crit Confirm: (1d20+3)[5] I don't know whether it still carries over to a confirm or not though

    Damage: (1d8)[4]

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido's blow easily cuts through the goblin's light protection and slashes his chest, slicing the armor in the process. The goblin falls to the ground, bleeding copiously.

    The other standing goblin runs away!

    Init
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: 19
    Goblins: 19
    Melchia: 3 - UP NOW
    Selia: 3
    Guards: 2

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-09 at 03:39 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia reloads his crossbow, and takes aim at the fleeing goblin. He lets out his breath, and squeezes the trigger.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action: reload.
    Standard: fire at the goblin at L-4; I believe he's just within a single range increment.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[7]

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The goblin is stopped cold in his escape as Melchia's bolt reaches him in the back. The fleeing creature disappears in the grass.

    The guards sheathe their swords, obviously relieved. One of them, a tall, blonde woman, speaks up. Pelor be blessed, I was very worried about this! You've probably saved our life, you know? They don't give enough guards to trading caravans nowadays. How would you feel about coming with us for this trip?

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia's expression is inscrutable, once again a mask seemingly void of emotion. He is curt and matter-of-fact with the guard.
    "We will have to decline that offer, I'm afraid. We're currently looking for a lost child. Did you happen to see any children on this stretch of road recently?"

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Aw, that's too bad. This is a long trip too... I hope we make it to Icmud. Maybe hit me up if you're in town in a couple weeks, I should be back by that time. I don't mind sharing my pay with someone if it means assured survival.

    The woman stands for a couple seconds still, thinking. Come to think of it... I do sometimes see a child or two around here when I exit the city. They seem to like playing in the Dark Wood. They'll meet a bitter end soon, I tell you! This place is cursed...

    The other guy speaks up too. I've heard of mothers scared because of their children bringing home skulls and other macabre remains. Maybe this has something to do with the ones you're looking for. 'Fraid I don't know anything else.

    The guards are now rebuilding what they can of the now half burned cart. A person is issuing them commands from time to time, from within - you can hear him but not see him.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "The Dark Wood? Interesting. Maybe this has to do with the tunnel we found..." Selia considers, turning to her colleagues. "So, over the river and through the woods, to find a lost child we go then, it seems." She says with a slight smile.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Well, color me not surprised. I figured we'd have to go in there sooner or later. Let's hope this isn't a waste of time."

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    As you enter the Dark Wood, you see that it really earned its name - the tall trees are very thick, and as a result little light manages to pass through the branches. You can hear many sounds, from the wind breezes to the chirping of birds - it really seems like the forest is alive as a single, breathing being.

    Not far from the Big Yew, where you fended off the goblin attack, you see a very organized, abandoned camp. There is a fireplace, a pile of logs for wood, and several little wooden houses built on the lower branches of the largest trees. They're a little small for a human, but they could fit an elf just fine. Hung on a wire between two branches, there are the remains of what used to be salted meat and fish - they seem to have been savagely devoured.

    Most of the little houses are damaged in some way, two of them being linked by a thick trail of blood, that continues into a thicket of the Dark Wood. From a certain point onwards, small bloodied footprints branch out of the trail, and wander off in another direction. Both paths out of the camp are easy to follow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •