Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 821
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia takes all of this in, his face, as usual, inscrutable.
    "This is disconcerting. I suggest we investigate these shelters briefly, then follow the blood trail."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Melchia's untrained Search check is +3. He doesn't want to tarry long here, however, so a cursory search of the shelters is all he wants to do before proceeding. He'll suggest following the outward blood trail (the one going away from the camp.)

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Aside from a lot of generic tools in the tree houses, you don't find anything relevant.

    Spoiler
    Show
    There are two trails going out of the camp. The blood one, and the bloodied footprints one. They're going out in two different directions.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    I agree. Although...I'm not sure if we should follow the blood trail, or the blood-footprints one. They were obviously made in a shot time-the blood wouldn't stay wet long enough to make a trail if, say, something was dragged away and whatever did so came back this way... Selia muses, bending down and examining the blood trail, trying to determine how fresh it is.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Survival: (1d20+3)[5]


    Aside from the fact the blood hasn't dried up yet, you have no idea.
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-16 at 11:29 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Let's follow the blood trail. We don't know what's at the end of it. Then we'll follow the footprints. They can't get too much farther ahead of us." Hopefully if the group was far enough ahead of the three then they could simply observe them and try to glean as much information as they could.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    It takes you a half hour of walking before news - gladly, the forest undergrowth has been cleared by whoever passed before you and left the blood trail. It's pretty easy to follow them.

    As you approach a small, steep hill in the forest, you see the blood trail end up in a cave. You see a lit torch hung on a wall, so you can see a bit in.

    Bones are scattered around the place and in the entrance to the hole in the earth. The cave also emanates a very nasty smell - like putrid flesh.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "This... does not bode well."
    Melchia keeps his loaded crossbow at the ready. He hoped the blood did not belong to any children...

    (Melchia will follow his companions, keeping to the back row.)

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia readies her punching dagger, turning to Rubido. She gestures into the cave, indicating that he should go first. While confident in her fighting ability, she's aware of the fact that she isn't the best person to be on the receiving end of a surprise attack.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido makes certain his sword and shield are ready, and then slowly makes his way into the cave. "Stay careful, anything could happen here."

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    You don't have to walk very far into the cave, before its inhabitants show themselves.

    Amidst the broken ribcages and gross piles of waste, two very muscular, yet ape-like humanoids emerge from the shadows and lunge at the closest enemy - which is Rubido. They wield large lumps of spiked wood, and their savage faces are soaked in blood.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+4)[17] <-- add 3, forgot Int. Not that it matters
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[15]
    N2: (1d20)[13]
    Selia: (1d20)[13]
    N1: (1d20)[13]

    Map here
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-19 at 12:23 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Reacting quickly, Rubido whips his sword towards the nearest enemy. (That's left, since he's a lefty.) The blow, if it hit, looks much weaker than it actually is. Took them long enough."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking guy to my left.

    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[14]

    Damage(1d8+3)[5]

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The elf's slash cuts through the hide cover of the brute, causing him to bleed severely. He now stares at you ferociously, his teeth gnashing.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+4)[20*]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[15] <-- UP NOW
    N2: (1d20)[13]
    Selia: (1d20)[13]
    N1: (1d20)[13]

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia

    Without saying a word, without dropping his crossbow, Melchia moves up next to Rubido. He concentrates, and suddenly his eyes flash with a brief silvery light. The air seems to ripple in front of him, in a half-seen cone emanating from his forehead, enveloping the two attackers. Silently, he tries to convince their minds that they've sustained grievous injury...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Moving to O-8, then expending psionic focus to take 15 on a Concentration check to manifest a power defensively, for a final total of 21, making the DC 16 easily.
    Manifesting Disable, aiming the 20 ft. cone to effect the enemies and not Rubido. The enemies must make a DC 15 Will save or believe they have been disabled, as long as they have 4 HD or less, for 1 minute.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Some rolls to do. First, Will saves.
    N1: (1d20+2)[3]
    N2: (1d20+2)[4]

    Then, if someone passes the DC, they attack. N1 is on Rubido, N2 on Melchia.
    N1: (1d20+3)[21] (crit: (1d20+3)[7]), damage: (1d6+2)[4]
    N2: (1d20+3)[22] (crit: (1d20+3)[14]), damage: (1d6+2)[5]

    Let's see what happens.

    Apparently, they aren't that good at will saves, huh. Also, N1 will go after Selia. I'll keep those rolls...


    The two creatures wail in horror as they touch themselves to find their imaginary wound. The one before Melchia tries to raise his club to hit him, but he doesn't manage to complete the swing for the pain he's apparently feeling. He recoils slowly as he cringes.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+4)[20*]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[15]
    N2: (1d20)[13]
    Selia: (1d20)[13] <-- UP NOW
    N1: (1d20)[13]
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-19 at 10:01 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia gathers her magical energy and changes her posture, putting her hands together for a moment before beginning to speak again, once more putting supernatural power into her speech.

    Victory, my comrades! Victory is close at hand! Seize the moment! She says.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The other foe backs up a bit too, shocked by the intense pain.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+4)[20*] <-- UP NOW
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[15]
    N2: (1d20)[13]
    Selia: (1d20)[13]
    N1: (1d20)[13]

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    That was certainly an odd thing Melchia did. Rubido thought. That was all he managed to think before he started going after the other one. Hopefully Melchia could finish what Rubido started.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to N7, attacking N1.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[23]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5]

    I decide to put in a crit confirm to be safe, and what happens? That.
    Last edited by Overlord Rion; 2011-09-20 at 11:04 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido slams his sword right through the humanoid's chest as she wails in pain and collapses to the ground, bleeding.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+4)[20*]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[15] <-- UP NOW
    N2: (1d20)[13]
    Selia: (1d20)[13]

    Congrats on the first crit!

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Knowing that the pain these enemies were experiencing was all in their minds, and that the illusion would be shattered once they were actually injured, Melchia decides to help Rubido while maintaining the masquerade. He approaches the disabled enemy, making feints with the butt of his crossbow and jabbing out with his spiked gauntlet, trying to make it easier for Rubido to land a decisive blow.
    "Move in for a flank! Finish him off!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Melchia will move to N-8, then use an Aid Another action to assist Rubido. If he hits AC 10 with his spiked gauntlet, Rubido will get a +2 bonus on his next attack against the bad guy.
    Attack: (1d20+1)[11]
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2011-09-21 at 11:15 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The creature, shocked with horror at the sight of his companion being killed, explodes in wrath. NOOOOOO! Haaaarl! Harl! Harl!

    It begins swinging wildly toward Rubido, fierce desperation in his eyes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+3)[9] (crit: (1d20+3)[13]), damage: (1d6+2)[8]


    His rage, however, prevents him to aim accurately and Rubido is easily able to dodge his blows.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+4)[20*]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[15]
    N2: (1d20)[13]
    Selia: (1d20)[13] <-- UP NOW
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-21 at 12:37 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia continues her speech, hoping to end the battle quickly.

    Actions: (Important for the others)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inspiring Courage again.

    Please remember the +1 to attack and damage, as you seem to have forgotten it last time
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The dying goblin attempts to stand up again, but fails and faints again. In the darkness, behind the two creatures, you suddenly hear a feeble sound, as if someone was laughing. The sound was brief, however.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+4)[20*] <-- UP NOW
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[15]
    N2: (1d20)[13]
    Selia: (1d20)[13]

    Reposting it, as Overlord might have missed his turn.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Not taking even a moment to look at corpse as it fell, Rubido rushed the other as Melchia was attempting to help him out. Hopefully this ended the battle.

    Let my sword fall where it may.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mobing to L8. Hell yeah pincer attacks.

    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[21] I think that's what I have because of everything. Let me know if it isn't.

    Crit Confirm: (1d20+6)[8]

    Damage: (1d8+4)[12]

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido swiftly closes in melee with the other creature, and stabs it in the stomach. The enemy falls to the ground.

    Shortly after dispatching the menace, you discover the bottom of the cave. It is filled with decayed flesh of various animals, and even human corpses. Most of the meat has been cut in large chunks, some of it is cooked too. On the side where the most fresh meat is, there are a couple of adolescent human bodies, their clothes resembling Galsaff fashion. A little humanoid baby, of the same race of the two creatures you just slain, is now trying to find some suitable food to eat, and is now checking out the least rotting bodies. Were it a human, it wouldn't be more than one year old.

    Flies and other insects abound in this foul corner, and the air is almost irrespirable. The baby doesn't seem to notice it though, and seems pretty happy as it climbs the dead bodies of the two adolescents.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative order out, moral dilemmas in.

    Let me know if I'm pushing descriptions too far. I don't usually go into gruesome details when I DM my RL group, heh. It probably has to do with them being an evil party, thus providing the gory details themselves.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia stares at the charnel pit for a moment in silence, before asking the question that's on everyone's mind:
    "Are those dead children... is one of them the one we were looking for?"
    He doesn't seem to acknowledge the humanoid infant; if he does, his face betrays no emotion.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The two "fresh" corpses seem to be a bit older than the child you had a description of.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "I don't see the child we were sent to find, but I suspect we just solved a very big problem." Rubido looked towards the little humanoid. Although now I think we have another little problem to worry about.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "There was another set of tracks going in the opposite direction of the blood trail, correct? We may be losing valuable time. We should investigate the other trail."
    Melchia seems rather unfazed by the awful smell of the cavern. He calmly begins to head back toward the cave entrance, stopping to check the bodies of the humanoids that attacked them for anything of note.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia nods. We should check those instead of standing around here. She agrees, following her colleague.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    It's just a child itself. I can't kill it directly. But if it dies out here on its own, that's nature. Somehow, the argument worked, and Rubido left the cave, following his companions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •