Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 821
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    It takes you the most of an hour to backtrack to the destroyed camp and to follow the other trail until you find something noteworthy. The path brings you to a clearance in the forest, on a very small hill - maybe thirty yards across. The place features a well, a small hut, and several sticks and stones located in peculiar positions on the top of the hill. The wind blows and makes quite a noise in the forest, but you can make out some kind of sound coming from... somewhere in the clearance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen checks:
    Rubido: (1d20+5)[14]
    Selia: (1d20+7)[22]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[18]


    Selia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize the sound you hear as a child's voice.


    Selia, Rubido:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift your alignment one step towards evil.
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-27 at 03:54 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia, upon hearing the voice, moves more quickly, going to the well and looking down into it. Hello? She asks, trying to see if the child they're searching for, or the one they heard, is in the well.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Help! Help! screams the voice. It's dark in here! And pointy! I'm scared!

    The well is very dark, and sunlight is coming at a low angle now, so that's not helping much either.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Annoyed that she exhausted her spells earlier, Selia checks for the bucket, or rope, of the well. If either are there, she begins to lower it down, hoping to give the trapped child something to grab onto.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I tell if it's a male or female voice?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia starts lowering the bucket. As she is doing it, the child starts screaming louder.

    Aaaah! The floor is moving! Help! It's scratching me! AAAAH!

    Suddenly, the rope you're holding to lower the bucket is violently pulled from the bottom of the well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check to hold on to the rope: (1d20)[13]


    Selia manages to keep the rope in her hands, but the pulling doesn't stop, and it's very irregular. The child keeps screaming.

    Help! What is happening? Mommy! Mommy!

    Selia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't be sure of the gender, but it sounds like a very high-pitched voice. It could be a human girl, or an elf of either gender.
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-27 at 01:22 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia rummages in his pack.
    "We should have asked those soldiers if they could spare some torches."
    He produces a candle and attempts to light it with his flint and steel.

    (This likely takes 2 full-round actions. Once lit, he'll try to see into the well; Rubido might fare better with his low-light vision.)

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    (Speaking of Rubido....)


    Rubido attempts to peer into the well, making sure he wouldn't be easy to topple over or pull in. Seriously? A well? Today is starting to get ridiculous.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    You can see what's happening at the bottom of the well. There are spiky rocks, and a corpse is impaled on them. An elf child stands on the corpse and tries to climb on the bucket but he's having a hard time because it's a bit high for him. Meanwhile... the corpse has animated and is now trying to kill the child, from the impaled position. It's also trying to get a hold of the bucket.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia can barely see what is going on down in the well. He leaves the burning candle on the lip of the well, and looks around.
    "I will check that shed nearby. Perhaps there is something of use inside."
    He jogs over to the shack and tries the door, looking for rope, lanterns, or anything that could potentially help them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Strength check if the door is locked or stuck: (1d20)[14]
    Search check of the shack: (1d20+3)[6]

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    You kick the hut door because it was a bit stuck. The door slams open, and hits something behind it. It is a corpse, it's dressed with leaves and green leather, it has a sickle, and it looks at you as it falls on the ground.

    The door is now open, and a zombie is inside. BRAINS...

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26] <-- UP NOW
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6]

    Child+other zombie at the end. After this battle, we'll likely have some RP/investigation.
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-09-30 at 07:49 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The well was simply too small to fit in, so Rubido decided to do the next best thing. Fire crossbow bolts into it until something dropped and stayed dropped. Preferably, it would be the zombie, but mishaps happen all the time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Firing Light Crossbow into the well at the zombie

    Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[13]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+4)[22]

    Damage (With an inspiration point spent on damage) : (1d8+4)[9]

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    You aim the bolt well, and it gets stuck in the zombie's flesh. It doesn't seem to suffer too much from the wound. The zombie in the house stands up and looks at Melchia with a very hungry expression.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assume you know what zombies are, and that they have DR 5/slashing. Also, no need to roll for crit confirms.


    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26]
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14] <-- UP NOW
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6]

    Child+other zombie at the end.
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-10-02 at 10:05 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia tries to lower the bucket more, to allow the child to get in. I'll pull you up, get into the bucket if you can! She calls down to the child.

    As soon as the child is in the bucket, she'll start pulling it up.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia backs up, before turning around and hustling back to his companions by the well.
    "We have a problem: there is a zombie in the shed."
    He draws his crossbow, checking to see that it's loaded.

    (Move 30 ft. towards the well, then draw crossbow as a move action)
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2011-10-03 at 11:52 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia reaches the well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str check of the kid to get in the bucket: (1d20-2)[5]

    Zombie attack: (1d20+1)[16] (crit: (1d20+1)[6]), damage: (1d4-1)[0] (hit, it's still 1 damage)


    From the top of the well you can see the child trying to get in the bucket and failing. The zombie bites him, scratching his leg. Ahhhhhh!

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26] <-- UP NOW
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6]
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-10-03 at 02:21 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    My bad for taking so long.


    Rubido just looked at Melchia for a moment. "There's a what in the where? I'll take care of it." Note to self, make friends with some clerics. Until he had time to draw his blade, Rubido decided his shield would have to do. He dropped his crossbow, hoping he remembered to grab it again later, and strapped on his shield. If nothing else, he could improvise.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dropping crossbow by the well and strapping on the shield. Moving 15 ft towards the zombie Melchia mentioned and planting myself in it's way. And if I can, going full defense.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    You have a BAB of 0, so you can't combine strapping the shield with the movement. That means no total defense.


    The zombie directs its attention to the elf, who is now closer. Shambling, it lunges at Rubido.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+2)[17] (crit: (1d20+2)[7]), damage: (1d6+1)[3] hit


    The monster tears through Rubido's flesh in an unprotected part.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26]
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14] <-- UP NOW
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6]
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-10-05 at 10:51 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia takes out her heavy crossbow and hesitates, unsure about which combat to fire at, before firing down into the well after quickly warnign the child to Duck!

    Rolls/Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20-4)[11] Includes penalty for into melee
    Dmg: (1d10)[2]



    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Total Defense is a full-round action, anyways, so...
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia's bolt hits the zombie on the skull, and bounces away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Total defense is just a standard action, I believe.


    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26]
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6] <-- UP NOW

    Child and zombie after that.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia takes a knee and fires his crossbow at the zombie attacking Rubido, taking care to avoid hitting living flesh.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fire at the shed-zombie: (1d20-3)[7] (-4 penalty)
    Damage: (1d8)[4]

    Move action: put another 30 ft. of distance between self and zombie

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The bolt flies off without hitting the zombie.

    In the well, things are getting dire! The child is desperately trying to get in the bucket now, not knowing that nobody is holding onto the rope anymore.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str check of the kid to get in the bucket: (1d20-2)[10]

    Zombie attack: (1d20+1)[7] (crit: (1d20+1)[20]), damage: (1d4-1)[0]


    The child manages to get on the bucket and is now defending better against the corpse attacking him.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26] <-- UP NOW
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6]
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-10-06 at 12:13 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The creature was close, and bashing it with his shield was probably going to do as much good as his crossbow did. So Rubido would draw his sword. I have this under control! Focus on the child!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it easy to tell I rarely end up in combat? Anyway, move action to draw my sword, and then attacking.

    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage Roll (Inspiration Point Spent) : (1d8+6)[14]

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido's mighty blow cuts the zombie almost in half. Many little bones and chunks of rotten flesh fall to the ground as the monster struggles not to fall. Lastly, it regains its balance and strikes back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+2)[3] (crit: (1d20+2)[8]), damage: (1d6+1)[3] critical miss

    Its attempt to get revenge at Rubido is pitiful, as it waves its limbs into the air with no success.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26]
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14] <-- UP NOW
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6]
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-10-07 at 01:54 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia unceremoniously drops her crossbow and begins to pull up the bucket with as much strength as she can muster.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Str check, if needed: (1d20)[2]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The barrel seems to be a bit stuck on some spiked rocks, and you don't pull it strongly enough to lift it up.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26]
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6] <-- UP NOW

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The zombie Rubido was fighting was looking close to utterly destroyed; Melchia joins Selia in trying to reel up the boy.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Strength check: (1d20)[6]

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia tries to help, but to no extent. The corpse down the well tries to hit the child again, but now it's very hard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+1)[11] (crit: (1d20+1)[19]), damage: (1d4-1)[1]


    The monster fails to damage the child further.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26] <-- UP NOW
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14]
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6]
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-10-07 at 09:31 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Once more, with feeling! And once again, Rubido's blade struck out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, same as last time. Just no inspiration points.

    Attack: (1d20+3)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5]

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido's blade hits the zombie on the head, dealing negligible damage. It decides to retaliate.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+2)[14] (crit: (1d20+2)[8]), damage: (1d6+1)[7]

    The elf is very fast at parrying the blow with his shield.

    Init:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rubido: (1d20+7)[26]
    Zombie: (1d20-1)[15]
    Selia: (1d20)[14] <-- UP NOW
    Melchia: (1d20+1)[6]
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-10-07 at 10:40 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia once again tries to pull up the bucket.


    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Str check: (1d20)[11]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •