Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 821
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Rubido turn to his comrades. "Well, what say you two?"

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia's face is, as usual, blank.
    "...How do you propose we transport armor and weaponry for forty people? Do you have a wagon and mule we could borrow?"

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Weeeellll... there is a cart there, in that corner. You can use that." The man points to an unattended cart near a wall. "I have no donkeys, horses, or mules available though, sorry. You should be able to buy one at the stables though. There's always someone awake there."

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "We will give your proposal some thought. If you would excuse us?"
    Melchia motions for Rubido and Selia to follow him as he begins to walk away.
    "Well, what do you think? Do we wish to involve ourselves in the conflicts of criminals? The risk can only be logically considered if we have an accurate idea of the information contained within the promised tome. I would hear each of your opinions on the matter before voicing my own."

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia considers the entire situation for a few moments before speaking. Well, it really depends on how much we can trust that guy. If he's not lying to us, we should scout out the place first and see what we're up against. If he is, though, then we could wipe out a cave full of people only to return to be ambushed by this guy and his gang, or something like that. She says. Until we know whether or not he'll actually give us the book or not, if the book is real, all those things, we really shouldn't go wandering off into caves.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    'It sounds fishy to me. Horribly fishy. I'd be loathe to do it, but at the same time, I want to see what's in that stupid book.' He looked pensive for a moment. "Well, at the very least if we go and things go south both ways, we could simply wipe the scum from the streets.'

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia listens quietly, before speaking himself.
    "We have another option to consider: we could shadow this fellow, find out where he lives and what places he frequents, then take the book from him. By force. Done quietly and discreetly, none would be the wiser. We would risk angering this fellow's friends, and upsetting the local law enforcement, but we do outnumber this person, and he does seem to have criminal leanings."

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia considers the prospect for a few moments. I'm not sure if we should do something so drastic for a book which we don't even know the contents of. If we were to steal it, we would have to be absolutely sure that we know what we seek is there.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia nods.
    "True. Risk likely outweighs reward at this point. Perhaps we should investigate the nomads with whom the supposed 'witch' traveled with?"

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    I concur. So it appears we're all in a agreeable situation then." Rubido turns toward the man, leaving the group. "Sadly, without knowing the actual contents of the book, we're going to have to decline your proposal for now."

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Aw, that's too bad, if you change your mind, I'm usually here at this time. I might've got some more work for you!" The odd man waves his hand and runs away, leaving you alone in the marketplace.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So, nomads it is. Going to question the jailed guy or trying to follow their tracks?

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    After watching the man as he leaves for a moment, Selia turns to her comrades.

    Well, before we go looking for them I think it would be best if I go talk to the one they have here. We might be able to find out where they're planning on stopping.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "A wonderful idea. Lead the way my lady"

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    It is past midnight when you reach the prison where the gypsy is held captive. As soon as Selia says the name of her contact, one officer quickly pushes aside the guards who were asking you for permissions and leads you personally. The officer is very eager to help you, which is quite a suspicious thing itself.

    As you walk down some dark stairs, he explains the situation. "We captured the gypsy as he was trying to set fire to a building. Thieves, beggars, terrorists even. He scared quite a bit of the district, I personally made sure that he be punished for that. So, you might not find him in great shape. He'll have some difficulties speaking, feel free to hit him if he insults you. Or even if he doesn't, that's good fun. Har har!"

    The guard leads you through some of the filthiest places you have ever seen. Cells in the lowest floor are nothing more than stone cubicles, with no beds or any other facilities. Most are full, even - half of them are full of goblins, which increases the stink. The gypsy's cell is one of the last ones, in a relatively quiet area. Most people are sleeping, but the guard moves and talks loudly all the time, waking up some of them.

    He doesn't manage to wake up the gypsy, who is chained in an uncomfortable position: lying on his back with the legs chained and kept vertical, over the body, and the arms chained to opposing walls. His face is black with coaguled blood, and you can see that his legs are severely discolored. He doesn't wake up even when the guard opens the cell and lets you all in. "I'll be back in a half hour, have fun with him." He leaves the cell door open.

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia is almost trembling with rage by the time the group reaches the cell. Such weaklings. Spineless, pathetic fools without even the slightest speck of potential. She thinks. She has to restrain herself to keep from attacking the guard halfway to the cell the gypsy is held in, fists clenched as he yammers some idiocy while leading them to the prisoner. It's difficult for her to imagine that such a wretch was related to a seemingly normal person. A lesson learned about the clutching grasp of infinite weakness, then.

    This is disgusting. I thought this place a strong city, I guess I was wrong. Selia says, contempt clear in her voice. Are you awake? She asks the gypsy, her voice softening. She's wary of entering the cell, considering the possibility that the man is stronger than he seems to be. Although the guards are clearly weaklings, there are enough of them that such measures may have been necessary to keep their pathetic hides safe.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The gypsy emits a couple grunts. Before replying. "Hrm, more torture? I'm not in the mood, come back later."

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    We're not here to torture you. Selia says, relieved that the man is conscious. We only want to ask you some questions. She adds.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Oh, really? That's awesome, I was just hoping that someone would come here to ask me questions now." The sarcastic reply comes hastily, almost as a reflex. He then takes a deep breath and contiues. "Yeah, well, questions. My answers don't come for free, you imagine I am in no... position to give away anything. You break me out, I give you answers. Deal?"

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Melchia stares at the gypsy for a moment, silent, his face expressionless. Finally, he speaks, his voice cold.
    "It would seem the guards here failed to beat the spirit out of you. On the contrary, sir, you are in no position to demand anything. My associate Selia here speaks only for herself. I could summon the guard who escorted us here, who would delightfully return to beating you bloody without thought or hesitation. Or, if you tire of physical torture, I am sure I could come up with something more creative. Would you care to reconsider your disposition, sir?"

    (Mythweavers is down, but Melchia is making an Intimidate check here. [Update: check the OOC thread.])
    Last edited by CockroachTeaParty; 2011-12-18 at 12:05 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    The gypsy sighs. "Okay, you look like you'd be... less forgiving than those thugs. I'll tell you what I know. About what, exactly?"
    Last edited by mucco; 2011-12-18 at 09:37 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    We'd like to know where your caravan is headed. Selia says, at once glad and disappointed at Melchia's actions. I'd like to assure you that we aren't planning on attacking or otherwise harming them. She adds.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "Uh, my caravan? They're headed northeast, to another city. It's called Maar. They won't be using the paved road though, they'd destroy it. I think they're going through the Dark Wood. It's dangerous but they're good fighters. Like me! Listen, if you reach them, could you at least tell them how they're treating me? Please."

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "I think that could be arranged if that's all you require. Consider your request granted. What they do with the information is up to them of course."

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "That's something... Hope I see you again then." The gypsy closes his eyes, exhausted.

    Spoiler
    Show
    It's 1 AM ingame, I'm pushing you guys to the next morning in 24 hours. If anyone wants to do something more just tell me, although your characters must be quite weary now. Also, if everyone is ok with skipping ahead just say so and you can act again the next morning.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    You go to bed at your inn of choice, only to be awakened at sunrise by the sheer mayhem in the city. from the window of your room you can see that every single roof of the city is on fire. People are running around everywhere trying to save what they can. they don't seem particularly alarmed though. It seems that they're used to it. Also, most houses seem to have an anti-flammable structure with clay bricks and clay roof, yet every roof is on fire.

    After a few moments you realize that the flames are also on the roof of the inn, and are probably going to reach to your room soon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Day 2. Also, level up everyone! Let's get things moving. Roll your HD, take average if it's lower (d4=2, d6=3, d8=4 etc), and summarize the level up details thanks.

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    Selia, feeling greater confidence in her abilities, feels surprisingly calm despite the fact that the roof over her head is ablaze. This must be part of that whole strange weather thing. She remarks, gathering her belongings swiftly. Unlike those who lived in the city, she had the advantage that she could carry everything she owned - quite useful when the roof was on fire. Stepping out into the hall, she quickly checks to see if there are others still in their rooms, knocking loudly in an attempt to wake those still asleep.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    All the inn doors are open, and nobody is asleep - someone is still inside but they're packing hastily.

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    After assuring that nobody is still asleep or otherwise unable to react to the flames, Selia heads towards the exit, hoping to meet her companions on the way.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CockroachTeaParty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pie factory.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    In his dreams, Melchia stood over the chained gypsy, and as he approached, his skin clammy and reflective with moisture, the prisoner screamed. At first, the scream was a terrible, animal sound, and a carrion stench filled his nostrils. Then, the scream multiplied, and the smell turned to an acrid burning.

    As Melchia awoke, he realized the dream had become reality. Quickly, he gathered his things, and fled the burning inn as fast as he was able. Adrenaline cleared the beginnings of a pounding headache; somehow, he knew his mind had increased in strength. How quickly he would need to put his talents to use, only time would tell...

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Overlord Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadows of Anmer IC

    "I wake up to a burning building. What an exciting wake-up call! Is what I would say if I was nuts." As Rubido was not nuts, he quickly packed his things. As Rubido almost never stops thinking, the new fighting techniques he was studying before suddenly clicked as he clipped his sword to his side. "It seems so simple now. I feel like such an...oh, right, burning building, gotta go." His companions...well, he supposed they were allies now.

    His allies seemed like a capable lot, so he didn't worry about them making it out of the building.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •