New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Serious Plots 2 - SERIOUSNESS OVERWHELMING

This thread is for the more Serious Plots in Nexus that people don't think really pertain to the ACROs or Inside. This is also for fairly longer plots, unlike the Random Places thread.

Rules:
    1:Use [Location] Tags
    2: If need be, use a [Plot] Tag as well.
    3: Each [Location/Plot] is under the owner's control.
    4: Play nice.
    5: Keep the Drama Low. Yes, this is a serious Plot thread, but please, as rule 4 says, play nice. Just because the Plot is supposed to be serious, it doesn't mean you should take everything seriously.

If you think your plot is rather silly, or aren't sure if it's long enough, try the Random Places and Plots thread.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-05-17 at 05:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Serious Plots 2 - SERIOUS OVERWHELMING

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Hestopia]

"...Tyra, it's not as bad as it looks. Harnel is human in heart and mind and I... like the way he looks." Cessie replies, the presence of her elder sister really seems to make her nervous.

"Yeah... I really don't think there is going to be any problem. As Harnel said, love work in strange ways." Methil adds, seemingly trying to make peace between the two. "He's still of noble blood and more human then any heliot, wolfen, dwarf, carnian or elf really is."

Tyra simply raises her hand, "You don't need to defend her Methil, I understand." She replies, her facial expression not betraying any emotions beyond determination.
    "Aegnor turned out to be okay after all so I'm going to assume and hope you have done a good choice again. Even after that incident with Arik." The archlord pauses and eyes the mage. "I assume however your going to get married here? I really can't see you marry anywhere else Cessie."

"Yeah... I think so. Uh, there might be a few people from the nexus that like to come to the wedding however..."
    [Hestopia]

"There's also a few people from my world that I'd like to invite. A pair of family members and some old friends." Harnel doesn't really have much else to add to the conversation, so after adding his part, he falls silent, listening to the others talk
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #3

[Hestopia]

Well, how lucky for Harnel I decided we should jump forward a bit here.

Basically they talk about the marriage a while and then move on into lighter subjects. Tyra never really seem to be able to truly relax but she at least looks amused from time to time.

The half-dragon might notice that no alcohol is served to the dinner so it really doesn't get any wilder then the siblings talking to each other about things they have seen and experienced while they have been apart. It seems like they have these family meetings from time to time and they were rather lucky this time as most of them were in town.

It eventually start to get late and Methil need to go and check on his wife again. Eventually Isolde and Torym move off as well with their baby girl.

Gem had fled the party long time ago for something more fun to do.

Eventually Cessie also decides it's time to move on and suggests to Harnel they'll go to sleep. Leaving Tyra along with her body guard.

If he does follow her she turns to him as they enter the room that have been assigned to them. "So what do you think about them? My family I mean?" She asks with a nervous smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-05-17 at 03:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

"They're a fun bunch," Harnel says, smiling, "Methil seems a bit distracted sometimes, but having a pregnant wife will do that to a man. Isolde..." he sighs, "Is she trying to embarrass us with all those stories? A lot of the time they're quite funny, but wow, She made your face go so red I thought you'd nearly pop. I'm sure I would have followed soon after."

5. - Top - End - #5

[Hestopia]

"I think she's trying to leave an impression..." Cessie says, blushing slightly. "We haven't meet in a while so she's dropping all the heavy stuff at once... and yeah, she loves to embarrass me, I'm the priestess of the family remember?"

"I didn't realize you embarrassed you so much though." The mage says as she starts to go behind the screen to get changed into her night clothes.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

Harnel talks as he changes into a pair of comfortable pants he bought spcifically for sleeping in. He's not worried about the screen. In fact, he's wondering why Cessie is, considering their relationship. He doesn't have a shirt to go to bed with though, since his wings denied any but specially made ones, "I've spent my life around soldiers. They talk about sex all the time, since even the women who joined the company weren't allowed to have any relationships with the other soldiers. I've heard lots of stories, but I've never quite come across Isolde's level of... detail."

7. - Top - End - #7

[Hestopia]

It's an habit she got, perhaps he should point it out?

He can hear Cessie giggle a bit behind the screen. "Yeah, she does that doesn't she? I'm just glad it's over personally. It's nice to see her again however." She peeks out from behind the screen and smiles at the half-dragon, seeing he's changing.

"I get enough details here really..."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

And so he will!

Harnel quirks an eyebrow at her, "Why don't you come out from behind that screen? It's not like we haven't... seen everything before." he is, of course, grinning. He strikes a dramatic flexing pose, "Come get all the details you can handle!"

9. - Top - End - #9

[Hestopia]

That makes her blush, looking a bit awkward she steps away from the screen. She have just loosened her dress a bit anyway. "I just like to stand behind a screen, it's easier to concentrate... your quite a distraction." The mage laughs nervously.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

Harnel grins and moves over to begind helping her with her dress. He's certainly helped her get out of dresses enough times before

Of course, he doesn't intend to take things any further than getting into her nightclothes - he's respecting her wish not to do anything while her family is around. Obviously, he won't object if she changes her mind, but he's not about to push her. "I'm glad you think so." he says, grinning

11. - Top - End - #11

[Hestopia]

Cessie does have some principles and this one she isn't about to change, but it doesn't mean they can't be close.
    She clears her throat as she have gotten into her night clothes. "Well, tomorrow I was planning to go to the high temple of Artaris... it's the place I planned we were going to get married at." She tells him.

"Do you think all our guests really could come here though?" She'll ask him, gently rubbing his cheek.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

Harnel smiles, "I don't know about our friends from the Nexus, but There is no doubt we'll get the people I want to invite from my world. Once my grandmother gets wind of the invitations, she'll be dragging the rest by their ears if it means getting them here on time."

13. - Top - End - #13

[Hestopia]

"Your grandmother? From which side is she? Is she a... dragon? A noble? Could they really come here?" Cessie asks Harnel as she sit down in the bed.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

Harnel nods, "They'd definitely come here. Gran is a talented mage herself, and actually spends most of her time plane hopping." he pauses for a moment, "In fact she keeps track of her relatives using divination. She might already know about the wedding."

"And yes, she's from my mother's side - She's a mature red dragon"
    He'll sit down next to Cessie
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-05-17 at 05:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Default Re: [Nexus] Serious Plots 2 - SERIOUSNESS OVERWHELMING

[Hestopia]

"Oh... I suppose that would be interesting, I never seen a real life dragon before. Not sure how other people would react too." I suspect if Tyra knew about all the strange people that would come to the wedding, she would have it moved.
    "You must have quite an impressive family tree Harnel, are there any more dragons in it? Who would you exactly invite to the wedding?"

((Harnel really should meet Sarah, my dragon character <.<))

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

((He totally should))

Harnel is still smiling, "Gran's the only dragon in my family that I'd invite - she's the only one that I know. She's my mother's mother, and that's all I really know about that side of my family."

"The others I'm going to invite are my Cousin Roran and his wife, Isabel. Their part of the family took over the Therishein lands when my Father left. Beyond that, I'm thinking I'll invite the three real friends I made before coming to the Nexus. I told you about them - the trio I had so many adventures with" Cessie may be able to recall Harnel telling her about his adventuring party - A Half-Elf Archer, A Human Cleric of a sun god named Suugan, and Human "Moon Dancer", whatever that was.

17. - Top - End - #17

[Hestopia]

Cessie does recall them actually. "An interesting group... I hope they approve of me." She laughs heartily.

Ah, now Libra need to convert more people if everyone suddenly are traveling here. Sure hope they don't make the same mistakes as Harnel did.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

Actually, The adventurers at least well... they're a bit odd regarding that sort of thing. You'll find out what I mean

"I'm sure they will," then he chuckles, "Except maybe Kalis. But she doesn't like anything." he yawns lays down on his stomach on the bed, taking the spot closer to the wall, "We should get some sleep. Don't want to be tired tomorrow."

19. - Top - End - #19

[Hestopia]

Right... that sounds comforting.

"Yeah, let's get some sleep." Cessie replies as she lays down next to him, pulling the sheets over her body.

I'm going to assume they fall asleep eventually. There is a new day tomorrow.
    Now perhaps we should skip past waking up, eating breakfast with Cessie's family and go directly to the church. Or do Harnel got something he wants to do first?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

Harnel, by morning will have wrapped himself around Cessie without even waking up, though it may wake her up. He sleeps through the entire night despite this

But yes, let's skip straight to the church. Harnel doesn't have anything special he wants to do right now.

21. - Top - End - #21

[Hestopia==> High Temple of Artaris]

The building is impressive to say at least, being built just below the fort at the cliff, it's higher then all other buildings below the mountain side.

As they approach the building they can see that it's an almost maze-like construction white high white walls entwined around the main building with a garden separating them.

The main building itself is a complex pattern of spies of different sizes rising towards the skies with a myriad of colored windows showing here and there with images of humans, angles and strange artificial lifeforms as well as other odd beings.

The entrance is a round circle encased with a green ring of bushes with white walls marking it out. In the middle of the circle is a large statue of an angel holding a sword standing in a praying position.

There is a great deal of clerics and priestess moving around. Harnel might notice that the majority, if not all clergy within the temple are women.
    They regard Harnel rather strangely actually, not really staring at him since he's odd, rather with curiosity.
    After all, his wings look exactly like an angels, heck even his general shape look quite like them considering they all seem to have tails as well.

Cessie have been greeting a number of the older priestess, she seems quite familiar around here. "Beautiful isn't it? I spend nearly all my childhood in this building. I would have ended up as a priestess too if my power hadn't manifested when I was 14." She explains as they walk towards the entrance.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia - High Temple Of Artaris]

Harnel nods when he sees the building. It truly was impressive. "More depictions of angels," he says, "Is that why the Priestesses are staring at me?" it says it loud enought that most should be able to hear him say it. Maybe it'll embarrass them into leaving them alone. He doesn't exactly hate the attention, but it's not what he's here for.

"I'm glad you found out about your magic. I don't think we would have met if you never left the temple."

23. - Top - End - #23

The clergy quickly looks away, clearly embarrassed by their staring, some of them even mumbles apologizes as they pass him. His 'trick' seems to have worked.

"Aegnor said the same thing actually." Cessie says with a faint smile. "We got married in here too so I got quite found memories of this place.

You have entered the temple itself which is a round room where the altar is in the middle rather then in the end of it with all the benches around it. The altar is a platform with a large stone slab with various beautiful patterns carved into it.
    It looks rather spartan compared to the rest of the temple, but it's lack of decorations seems to indicate there is something special with it.

Cessie moves up to it and touches it with her hand. "Here we made our vows... just like we are going to be." She have a solemn expression on her face.

Harnel can feel a faint energy energy from the altar though.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel's eyes go wide when he feels the power in the altar, "Wow... This is an amazing place." he also puts his hand on the altar, wondering at the power within." he smiles at Cessie, and thinks how very glad he is that he's with her.

25. - Top - End - #25

As he touches the altar he feels an energy course through his body and the world around him seems to slow down and he can hear a voice speak to him. "This is all in your mind." It says. "The link between us is only maintained by the altar. Please do not remove it."

As all other persons within the temple seems to disappear, a shining figure seems to descend from the ceiling itself. Harnel will recognize it as an angel.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel blinks, looking up at the angel. He'd half expected something to happen when he touched the altar, but not quite that. "Well, hello there," he says dumbly.

27. - Top - End - #27

"Who are you?" The being asks. "You aren't one of us." Harnel might realize he's about the same height as the angel that lands just a short distance from him, emitting a golden light all around it.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Does the angel have horns as well? Or can Harnel tell?

"Er, I'm a Half dragon human from another world, actually," Harnel, of course, keeps his hand steady on the altar. He's curious about this, and doesn't want to let go just yet, "And I gather you're an angel, then?" His tail swishes. The angel may be able to tell that Harnel's wary of him

29. - Top - End - #29

There are no visible horns, but the way the angel is wearing it's cowl, it might as well be hiding such things underneath it.
    "Another world? With dragons? And yes... I am what they call an angel here." It replies. It's hard to tell but the angel seems to be looking over him carefully.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's right. My name is Harnel Therishein. I'm here to marry Cessie Mithar," he says looking at the angel curiously, "My mother was a red dragon that took a human form to be with the man she loved."