New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Movie director quote

I've been looking for a quote by a movie director for hours, and I'm really out of ideas where to look. But usually it doesn't take very long for someone to remember when you ask around here.
    It goes something like

"the music is the most important part of a movie" or "the music is the most important character in the film"

I am very sure that it was by a director, and somewhat sure that it was one of those italian directors from the 70s.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Movie director quote

Sounds like Sergio Leone, though I'm unable thus far to replicate the quote.

EDIT: Leone would get Ennio Morricone to write the music first, then they would play it during scenes and film the visuals to fit the music. That's how important the music was for him.
    Last edited by ThePhantasm; 2011-08-23 at 01:41 PM.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I think it was about the two of them. Didn't remember that name when I was looking (though still not finding anything now.)

Also: Leone looks like an old Kevin Smith!
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not familiar with the quote, but if it's italian from the '70s and turns out not to be Sergio Leone (my first thought too) it could also be Fellini and his composer Nino Rota, and the movie could be "la strada".. but again, I'm not familiar with the quote and yes, it seems more of a Morricone thing to say,
    Last edited by dehro; 2011-08-25 at 05:12 PM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz