New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: The Slender Man

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Default The Slender Man

Spoiler
    Show
    I've been thinking... What if it's a spider?

See what I thought about is that the body of slenderman is actually the cephalothorax and his head is actually the abdomen. It's also often pictured among trees and sometimes with extra arms. Sure its still a malevolent supernatural entity that's intelligent and pursuant of a mysterious goal, but I just think maybe its a spider too.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Slender Man

I think its a wizard alien. Who cast a spell. It could be a spider, but to meee.... it looks like a slender man.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3

Hmm... I might read/watch that. Sure, go ahead with that.

...wait, you mean that wasn't the concept for Slendy in your upcoming story?

See, the problem with saying "Slender Man is this" or "Slender Man is that" is that... well, he isn't. He's an enigma, left for whoever's listening to the story to decide. Or whoever is writing, if they want to go into more detail and be specific for their story.

But that's the thing: it'll only really be for their story. Slender Man is a community entity, one of the internet's few mythological figures. As such , everybody is free to use him how they want, but the truth isn't really a truth, because somebody will always put a different spin on it.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've been hearing about this slender man from a lot of places (all on the internet...). What is this from? Is this like a book or a movie or something? It seems to have gained popularity very quickly.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    I've been hearing about this slender man from a lot of places (all on the internet...). What is this from? Is this like a book or a movie or something? It seems to have gained popularity very quickly.
    Forgive me for the link to TV Tropes, but since it has most of the bigger fictions there also, I think it's a good place to go if you wish to read up.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    Slenderman came straight from the web, especially if my theory is to be believed...
    Last edited by No brains; 2011-08-25 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Some interpretations of Slendy are certainly spider-like, but of course the problem with that is that nobody's interpretation of it is any more or less accurate than anyone's else when you get into that sort of thing.

Communal characters are extremely fickle when you start trying to pin down what they're 'really' like.
    Last edited by Gilphon; 2011-08-25 at 07:39 PM.