New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX: Appletastic Treats

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    I broke a typewriter once!

In my defense, I was seven, and nobody told me not to mash all the keys at once.

I learned how to type through trial and error and Mario Teaches Typing.
    Now THAT'S my generation. I did the same exact thing. Well, that and more practice than your body has room for. My grandfather was a Communications Officer in the Navy for 20 years, so I literally used my first computer when I was 2 years old. I've been typing ever sense.

His "home" PC was more powerful than anything our parents would own until I was 9. Ahhh, military technology.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

I learned to type by the necessity of having to figure out DOS. When I first saw win3.1 as a kid I was like 'woah'.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

I learned basic keyboarding on IBMs in Elementary school. I learned touch typing on PCs in 2000, however.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

4. - Top - End - #274

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I learned how to type from Typing of The Dead. When I was around seven. Nothing like the hungering hordes of the undead trying to eat you gets a seven year old to learn how to type VERY quickly.
    Haha, I remember the early levels of MTT where you're only typing two different opposing letters, like f and j. The teacher would always get mad at us pressing both at the same time as fast as our little fingers would allow. Mario would just BOOK it across 1-1, he would he would.

I wasn't allowed to play Typing of the Dead
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-18 at 10:10 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

I wasn't allowed to play Typing of the Dead
    If my parents looked at any of the games I played when I was seven-ish for more then a few seconds, I probably wouldn't have been allowed to play many of them.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-08-18 at 10:24 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Be careful though, prolonged contact with the link may lead to Ear Worms.
    -(Squeaks)- So flippin' adorably, bouncing nyandonutrainbowfartingponyofawesomeness -(Squeeeeee)-

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Big:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    See, I don't find the ending sad, even with the end of the road' idea. It shows a life well lived, with all dreams fulfilled and all goals accomplished. What more can one pony ask for?
    Wow, that is an incredibly sentimental storyline... I love it. I would call this comic strip in it's own way bittersweet... a very lovely storyline with a little twinge at the end, that you know that it ended happily ever after, but that it also ended...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    If you ask anyone ever what the secret to anything ever is, they'll tell you 'practise'. And they're not jerking you around. That's the actual, legitimate secret to everything ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Since... 2003?

Good lord, I have 6 years worth of writing to catch up on.
    I have eight, so I know what you're talking about!

The past thread or so was not exactly one of our most stunning moments in our history, no, I readily admit that.
    Uh-huh. When you get off your 'old-timey' thing, I'll note that I actually had to take typing classes in high school with actual typewriters.
    GOL'DANG WHIPPERSNAPPERS! I've been drawing since I was like 5 - over 26 years ago! Now that is practice and dedication! And I had to walk to school both ways, up hill, through iceburgs, fighting off wooley mammoths! With spears! And I learned to type on a rock!

Or at least something that had the computing power of your average rock these days. >.>

Seriously, though, I remember the typewriter I used to own. Dang keys kept getting stuck, but I loved that thing none the less. I did learn typing on an old old old OLD old old green screen computer, I will admit, but I think the typewriter I had actually had more ram than the computer did.

But yeah, just keep on working, and don't judge yourself by other people's rulers, because you'll always wind up feeling an inch tall. Take your successes as you get them, and if you look back and say 'God, that was crap.' Rejoice, you're improving!

However, if you look back and say that it's absolutely wonderful, I have to ask - what is wrong with you, and what race of alien are you, because not even the great masters of art were like that. They were probably some of the most psychotic self-loathing bastards you could come across.

So, yeah, practice practice practice, nose to the grind stone, butt in a kicking contest, all that fun stuff.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Luckily, I have only had that happen to me once that I recall. A series that started out promising, had a good second and third books, and then the fourth book dragged on and on. I skipped ahead 100 pages and saw that absolutely nothing had happened, so I just said "screw it" read the ending, raged for a few minutes, and then put those books behind me. One of the few times I haven't finished a (non-school related) book.
    I've only ever given up on two books. I gave up on No Country For Old Men because it had no speech marks and this angered lixie.
    And.... (and watch my credit go out of the window) Lord of the Rings. I just couldn't manage to get into it. I love the Hobbit and I like the films, but I got lost and managed to miss the battle of Helm's Deep. So Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Except for Blueblood and Gilda, who got married, and have 2 of the most wonderful children you'll ever meet, and 3 obnoxious brats who have the worst of both parents combined.
    You realise everyone would prolly assume the nice kids were horrible... sounds like this plotline has a moral and everything. Did anyone start writing it?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I've only ever given up on two books. I gave up on No Country For Old Men because it had no speech marks and this angered lixie.
    And.... (and watch my credit go out of the window) Lord of the Rings. I just couldn't manage to get into it. I love the Hobbit and I like the films, but I got lost and managed to miss the battle of Helm's Deep. So Yeah.
    Don't feel bad about Lord Of The Rings, that's a VERY heavy book series to get into, and I personally never got much beyond The Hobbit itself. It's not that I didn't like it - I loved it.

It just felt like running a mental marathon to read it after a while, and I wasn't the most patient kid when I first picked 'em up. Just never got around to finishing them.

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    If my parents looked at any of the games I played when I was seven-ish for more then a few seconds, I probably wouldn't have been allowed to play many of them.
    My folks were pretty on top of things, they kept me more or less within the boundaries of the ESRB for my greater childhood. Of course I was a dedicated completionist, so my games lasted me long enough that by the time I put the controller down, I was up an age rating.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    But yeah, just keep on working, and don't judge yourself by other people's rulers, because you'll always wind up feeling an inch tall. Take your successes as you get them, and if you look back and say 'God, that was crap.' Rejoice, you're improving!

However, if you look back and say that it's absolutely wonderful, I have to ask - what is wrong with you, and what race of alien are you, because not even the great masters of art were like that. They were probably some of the most psychotic self-loathing bastards you could come across.

So, yeah, practice practice practice, nose to the grind stone, butt in a kicking contest, all that fun stuff.
    But practice is harrrrd!

But seriously though, I need to find a way to motivate myself to practice. When given the options of noodling around in vidya games versus making bad art, video games looks sooo nice. And then I make a turrble art and feel bad compared to the other artists out on the internet. It's so cliche, so very very cliche, but it's true. Le sigh.

I should ground myself until I draw more. Or start a thread on the art boards where I invite mockery upon myself unless I post at least one drawing a day. It's difficult to get the motivation to actually up and do something unless there's a direct consequence for not doing it. A real consequence, not just the "you don't get better if you don't practice" one. That's just status quo.

Don't feel bad about Lord Of The Rings, that's a VERY heavy book series to get into, and I personally never got much beyond The Hobbit itself. It's not that I didn't like it - I loved it.

It just felt like running a mental marathon to read it after a while, and I wasn't the most patient kid when I first picked 'em up. Just never got around to finishing them.
    Oof! LoTR was SUCH a trick to get through. I felt bad, I had to actually wait and watch the movies when they came out before reading the books. When I didn't do that, I couldn't keep all of the similarly named characters and place names. It made so much more sense when I had a concrete face to follow.

I actually first tried reading The Hobbit sometime in middle school, but I gave up on the first chapters, because I couldn't figure out what a "hobbit" actually was, haha.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-18 at 10:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280

Ugh. I really need to read Tolken one of these days.

Although I know what you mean. I marathoned all three movies in an all night. Oh Celestia my head. @_@

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

11. - Top - End - #281

Marathon of the Rings is something that I have wanted to do for years, but I've never had the chunk of time to give it. One day, one day...

12. - Top - End - #282

Marathon of the Rings is something that I have wanted to do for years, but I've never had the chunk of time to give it. One day, one day...
    SOOOO Much alcohol was involved.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    SOOOO Much alcohol was involved.
    Of COURSE! Why didn't I think of this before?

Wait, does this mean you understood whatever it was that drunk!Gimli was saying about swimming with little hairy women?

14. - Top - End - #284

Of COURSE! Why didn't I think of this before?

Wait, does this mean you understood whatever it was that drunk!Gimli was saying about swimming with little hairy women?
    ...I think I understood it at the very least.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Although I know what you mean. I marathoned all three movies in an all night. Oh Celestia my head. @_@
    If you thought Tolkien was a marathon, wait till you try Song of Ice and Fire.

Keeping this somewhat pony:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    If you thought Tolkien was a marathon, wait till you try Song of Ice and Fire.

Keeping this somewhat pony:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a pony on the la-awn!
    There's a pony on lawn!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

I think I managed even worse. I caught that there was a battle of Helm's Deep, but not why there was a battle, why they even went to Helm's Deep in the first place, and I thought Rohan was winning handily the entire time. To me, it was just "Let's go over here! Oh look! And suddenly Orcs! *stabby stabby stab*"

Extended edition, or normal edition? Extended clocks in at around 12 hours.

But now for pony-related things!

Ponythread! I have a humble request: I need pony image macros. Lots of them. In approximately 2-3 weeks, you will see why, but needless to say I am endevouring on a project to spread the ponies to unsuspecting souls, and possibly weed out a few existing closet bronies. Either image dump them, or link me to your sources. If you're afraid of bogging down the thread, I've got a PM box that works perfectly well last I checked.

Thank you in advance!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #288

I think I managed even worse. I caught that there was a battle of Helm's Deep, but not why there was a battle, why they even went to Helm's Deep in the first place, and I thought Rohan was winning handily the entire time. To me, it was just "Let's go over here! Oh look! And suddenly Orcs! *stabby stabby stab*"

Extended edition, or normal edition? Extended clocks in at around 12 hours.

Ponythread! I have a humble request: I need pony image macros. Lots of them. In approximately 2-3 weeks, you will see why, but needless to say I am endevouring on a project to spread the ponies to unsuspecting souls, and possibly weed out a few existing closet bronies. Either image dump them, or link me to your sources. If you're afraid of bogging down the thread, I've got a PM box that works perfectly well last I checked.

Thank you in advance!
    Extended edition, of course! Did you expect anything less? I'm certified ponysane by Lyra herself!

As for image macros... Give me an E-Mail. I'll send you a zip file with all of the ones I have.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you in advance!
    Hey, I noticed that you had some spelling errors right there Amish. I fixed them for you, I hope you don't mind.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have never been able to read more than 50 pages or so of Fellowship until I give up. I've tried about six times now. I've seen each of the movies once, when I was in high school, so I've forgotten everything that was in them that could spoil them anyway.

I gave up on Twilight (Stephanie Meyer) because I became angry at the vapid plot and terrible writing style. (I think I actually physically threw it out the window of our second floor condo..)

Question -- When people say pony macros, what do they mean? Do you mean like ponymotes or meme templates or what?
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

21. - Top - End - #291

Hey, I noticed that you had some spelling errors right there Amish. I fixed them for you, I hope you don't mind.
    *hands win award for your quote fixing*
    I'll work on getting a small shipment of internets out to you as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

We've been having some issues with anger, drama, and parasprites over on ponychan.

So in reaction, I've made this.

Spoiler
    Show

When I was a little filly
    And the sun was going down
    The anger and the drama
    They would always make me frown

I'd hide under my pillow
    From what I couldn't belive I saw
    But Granny Pie said that wasn't the way
    To deal with parasprites at all

She said, "Pinkie, you've gotta stand up tall
    Learn to face the hate
    You'll see that they can't break you
    Just laugh and make them disappear."

Ha, ha, ha!

So giggle at the grievance,
    Guffaw at the grinding,
    Crack up at the caustic,
    Whoop it up with the wlatsome,
    Chortle at the pissy,
    Snortle at the surly!

And tell that big dumb meany face to take a hike and leave you alone and if he thinks he can break you then he's got another thing coming and the very idea of such a thing just make you wanna...hahahaha...laugh!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashion Designer (Fashion Designer)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Sir or Madam, will you wear my dress?
    It took me months to make, it my very best
    It's based on a suit worn by Sapphire Shores
    And I need some jewels, so I want to be a fashion designer,

Fashion Designer!

It's gem-encrusted and fits so well
    Fluttershy helped with the shawl lapel.
    My sis is looking for her cutiemark,
    She's a good filly, but she wants to be a fashion designer,

Fashion Designer!

Fashion Designer (fashion designer)

It's a thousand bits, give or take a few,
    I'll be sewing more in a week or two.
    I can make another if you like the style,
    I can change it round and I want to be fashion designer,

Fashion Designer!

If you really like it you can have it tonight,
    I guarantee you it will fit just right,
    If you must return it, you can send it here
    But I need a sale and I want to be a fashion designer

Fashion Designer!

Scootaloo crusading in the morning light
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take these tiny wings and learn to fly
    All your life
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Take this rusty moped, learn 'bout speed
    all your life
    you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Scootaloo fly, Scootaloo fly
    Fly off with might to Celestia's light.

Scootaloo fly, Scootaloo fly
    Fly off with might to Celestia's light.

Take these tiny wings and learn to fly
    All your life
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise,
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise,
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

*reads page 2, skips the rest*

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that sometimes a joke can go too far, and you can end up hurting your friends. We should all know that it's all fun and games until somepony gets hurt, and learn to forgive our friends (and ourselves) when they go to far, because everything will work out okay if we remain friends.

Your faithful student,
    Hawkflight

P.S. Please don't start a cult, it rarely ends well.

Come to think of it, wouldn't this be a great moral for a Season 2 episode?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-08-18 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that sometimes a joke can go too far, and you can end up hurting your friends. We should all know that it's all fun and games until somepony gets hurt, and learn to forgive our friends (and ourselves) when they go to far, because everything will work out okay if we remain friends.

Your faithful student,
    Hawkflight

Likely, but more importantly it seems like you need ponythread hugs. I still have the fillies on retainer.

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER POST HUGGERS
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Dear Princess Celestia,

Your faithful student,
    Hawkflight

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Likely, but more importantly it seems like you need ponythread hugs. I still have the fillies on retainer.

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER POST HUGGERS
    FOR HUGS!

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-08-18 at 12:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

So, here's my personal view of the whole Gilda/Blueblood thing.

Gilda leaves for a while, but Rainbow Dash follows her, occasionally leaving Ponyville to talk to her. It's a long and arduous task, but she manages to turn Gilda nice and she never makes Fluttershy sad again.

It turns out Blueblood was hired by AppleJack to be a jerk to Rarity, to try and get Rarity to swear off Stallions forever so she could get her chance with Rarity. He objected at first, but was convinced Rarity/AppleJack was OTP.* He is in fact, very nice, though much more vain than Rarity. He eventually ends up with some nice background pony from Ponyville.

You know, the more friendshippy version.

*Based off of a comic.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Dear Princess Celestia,

Your faithful student,
    Hawkflight

It certainly would, but that begs the question of what exactly happened in that episode to prompt the PS?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground

It certainly would, but that begs the question of what exactly happened in that episode to prompt the PS?
    Step 1: One of the Mane Six starts a cult (your choice who) to... let's say Celestia.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Twilight is nearly sacrificed as an offering.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

I still like Flutterblood better, for the name alone.