New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX: Appletastic Treats

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    And.... (and watch my credit go out of the window) Lord of the Rings. I just couldn't manage to get into it. I love the Hobbit and I like the films, but I got lost and managed to miss the battle of Helm's Deep. So Yeah.
    If you think the LOTR books are bad, try the Silmarillion; imagine all of problems with location and character name drops multiplied by 100. Because it takes place over several generations, there are constantly new characters named, new locations named, and old locations being renamed and changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    But practice is harrrrd!

But seriously though, I need to find a way to motivate myself to practice. When given the options of noodling around in vidya games versus making bad art, video games looks sooo nice. And then I make a turrble art and feel bad compared to the other artists out on the internet. It's so cliche, so very very cliche, but it's true. Le sigh.
    This. This describes me so much. I mean, I really want to be able to make super-adorable pony art, but every time I try, I just get discouraged by how horrible it looks, and that prevents me from trying again, which means that I won't get any better, which will just get me discouraged by how horrible any arts I try will look, and thus the cycle remains unbroken.

It doesn't help that being part of this fandom makes me feel obligated to produce some sort of arts, but lacking any skill in either writing or drawing all combines to make me make the sad face.

<-- my sad face would probably look like that, if I were Fluttershy.

On a more Ponysane note, did somepony need pony image macros? (I used the word "pony" three times in that sentence, but only once as its own word.)
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    This just sounds so much like me. I started drawing pretty much the instant I could hold a crayon and continued right until I took art class at school.

That pretty much killed my enthusiam for it :(

Now I only draw occasionally, if I have something I want to do in mind. I get easily frustrated when things don't go as planned. If I practiced more, I'd likely be better and not have that problem. But I don't practice because I get easily frustrated. Catch 22.

That said, I am learning how to draw in Flash. Using plenty of reference images helps, and being able to tweak lines and colours of a drawing is heavenly. And it's ponies that inspired me to do it ^^ I'm working on a pony animation. Hoping to get it done in... oh let's say a couple of months :P
    Haha, I hear you. Drawing momentum is darn well impossible to maintain at times.

How's flash treating you? I've been scraping by with the free copy of Elements that came with my tablet. Ironically, I'm saving up to buy myself Flash as a reward for something else, but that's a whole different vicious cycle (that's almost over??). I really want to learn to animate well, so that's a tasty carrot to get me going. I have, well actually nothing pony planed out, but I do have a Homestuck thing I want to try once I get my bearings.

That being said, ponies are a very good inspiration for quick doodles on my notepads. Derpy is my muse <3

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    YESYESYESDOITDOITDOIT!
    I think this is a slightly landslide approval.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Also, someone mentioned cultists? :P

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, it's excuse to have more Woona :E

Ugh, that guy again. Every sees him and goes wow but repeatedly destroying civilization is BOOOOOOO-rriiiiiiiiing ring ring.

He even slept through his own birthday bash bash bash.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    spoilered for questionable humor
    Spoiler
    Show
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS SACRIFICIAL CULTISTS, GO
    The hivemind is way ahead of you.

6. - Top - End - #336

Also, someone mentioned cultists? :P
    On that last pic it looked like Ponythulhu relised that planet was mad enough without it being there and promptly left for saner pastures.

Also, while on the warhammer thread I realised someone needed to ponyfiy this image, with nightmare moon and celestia replacing there respective positions. Realy, replace the red on the armor with a dark green and it would already fit, and lets face it, it would look epic.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-18 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    One, I said more friendshippy. It's still better than an arranged marriage between blueblood and Gilda, so it qualifies.

Two. It was mostly a joke. Though, it definitely qualifies for the "Shippy" aspect.
    Good point XD

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    I've had dreams involving ponies Four nights in a row now.

I don't think I've ever had dreams which I can remember four nights in a row before this.

Does anyone else dream about ponies pretty much every night?

Also, does this technically mean I dedicate more than a third of my day to MLP now?
    I rarely remember my dreams, and when I do they tend to be pretty surreal.

I did dream of ponies once. It was after a late night viewing of MLP. I explained the dream here and I can't be bothered to copy/paste ^^:

TL;DR: Princess Celestia accidently turns me into a pink pegasus filly. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Beyond what Diego Havoc said, I still think "Sometimes, no matter how many chances you give them, some ponies are just jerks" is a needed lesson.
    Random thought: Friendship is Magic. Nopony likes Blueblood (or at least we don't see anypony liking him in the show). Blueblood doesn't do any magic in the show (that I remember). Could it be that not having any friends at all means that a unicorn is incapable of doing magic? At least Twilight had Spike and Celestia.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos
    Haha, I hear you. Drawing momentum is darn well impossible to maintain at times.

How's flash treating you? I've been scraping by with the free copy of Elements that came with my tablet. Ironically, I'm saving up to buy myself Flash as a reward for something else, but that's a whole different vicious cycle (that's almost over??). I really want to learn to animate well, so that's a tasty carrot to get me going. I have, well actually nothing pony planed out, but I do have a Homestuck thing I want to try once I get my bearings.

That being said, ponies are a very good inspiration for quick doodles on my notepads. Derpy is my muse <3
    Flash manages to be incredibly useful and a powerful tool, while simultaneously being incredibly frustrating. It can be quite easy to make a mistake, especially if you do something like forget to add a keyframe somewhere, which means you can accidently overwrite your previous work. If you wanna give it a try read the tutorials, do some practice animations and save frequently. That said, I've done some great things with it. I might post some stuff that I've done later. Not much time right now. Anyway, you can get a 30 trial at the adobe site, which is more than enough time to get the basics down.

On another random note: Thread XXI: And I said "Ponies? Are you CRAZY!?"
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

8. - Top - End - #338

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    10 seconds later something is lit on fire.
    Then they get their cutie marks.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh Celestia Damn it, where did I put my pulse rifle?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #340

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Well everyone, I'm looking at my anticipated schedule the next couple of days and I won't be able to participate in the thread much before I head out of town. I'm going to Honduras starting tomorrow and lasting until September 12th. Wish me luck, and we'll see how much I feel like catching up on when I get back.
    Have fun in Honduras!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    I've had dreams involving ponies Four nights in a row now.

I don't think I've ever had dreams which I can remember four nights in a row before this.

Does anyone else dream about ponies pretty much every night?

Also, does this technically mean I dedicate more than a third of my day to MLP now?
    I've had one or two pony dreams over the course of the last few months. Rarely ever rememeber them though. I just remember a flash of something extremely vague, and wake up with a warm, happy feeling.

And yes. Yes it does.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    I've had one or two pony dreams over the course of the last few months. Rarely ever rememeber them though. I just remember a flash of something extremely vague, and wake up with a warm, happy feeling.
    So what you're saying, is that remembering the specifics of your pony dreams is something of a rarity?

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Well everyone, I'm looking at my anticipated schedule the next couple of days and I won't be able to participate in the thread much before I head out of town. I'm going to Honduras starting tomorrow and lasting until September 12th. Wish me luck, and we'll see how much I feel like catching up on when I get back.
    Enjoy Honduras!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

13. - Top - End - #343

So what you're saying, is that remembering the specifics of your pony dreams is something of a rarity?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Good luck, Goldthwait!
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-18 at 05:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345

Y'know, it's funny, despite my ponysanity and my general...uh, pony-centric creativity at the moment, I haven't had a dream of ponies.

Or, at least, a dream that I can remember. I don't tend to actually *remember* my dreams. Maybe that's why so many of my fics have dreams to start them, I'm jealous!

EDIT: Oh, geez, silly me. Good luck, bobcat! I know you'll have a great time.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-18 at 05:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, meant to put this in my last post, Good luck DBC!
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

17. - Top - End - #347

Good luck bobcat! See ya when you get back.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Have a nice trip. See you next fall (really).

Seriously though, hope you have a good time, and see you when you get back.

19. - Top - End - #349

Goodbye darthbobcat, the thread won't be the same without you!

Before you go, have Luna in a funny hat:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350

Luna believes in Twitchy Tail?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Good luck Bobcat! Take care!
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Good luck Bobcat!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Luna believes in Twitchy Tail?
    Well, you know what happened to the last pony to doubt the Pinkie sense.

Related, evil Derpy:
    Spoiler
    Show

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

I just read the thread title as Apocalyptic Treats.
    xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

oo! oo! Remember when owl macros were more prevalent than cat macros? Those were the days.
    I remember days of HTML 1.0, with no macros at all :P

My first ever solid memory of computers was being shown the computer lab at my elementary school in the first grade. They told us about this awesome game where you type in numbers and directions, and you can make this little turtle move around and make pretty pictures!
    Mine was Commodore 64, I think, with Soviet tape reader, used to load programs from musical cassettes like you do today from the net. It loaded for 30 minutes, and you had to walk delicately because everything was loaded in one go and tiniest error meant repeat of the procedure, especially from copied cassettes.

And now I realized cassettes went extinct a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    They are most certainly talking about Santa's reindeer. I am not aware of any G3 ponies with the same names; Dancer, Donner, Dasher, Prancer. (Though there is a G2 Dancer.)

BUT IN THE REPRISE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's What I Like About Christmas (Reprise- Pony version)
    Rainbow-colored lights
    Glowing bright on Minty nights
    And a bow on every door
    Dancing through the air
    Is the laughter that we share
    With our pony pals once more

And that's what I love about Christmas
    Hard to believe that it's almost here
    That's what I love about Christmas
    Have a merry one this year

Coconutty snow
    Every pony that I know
    Bundled up in pink and green
    Gumdrops on the tree
    Every year we all agree
    It's the sweetest one we've seen

Have a very merry time this year

Our Twinkle Twirl's twirling
    Our Pinkie Pie's whirling
    The party has just begun
    With Star Catcher singing
    And jingle bells ringing
    Sweetberry joins in the fun

We're dancing away
    In our favorite café
    Rainbow Dash and Minty too
    Our voices raised higher
    Than stars up in the sky
    As we celebrate a dream come true

Can you believe that it's finally here?
    It's a merry one this year

Stockings full of treats
    Carols drifting down the streets
    Easy smiles and great good cheer
    Ponyville's aglow
    And it's wonderful to know
    That our dearest friends are near
    Ah, thank you for you work. One slight nitpick, though, the lyrics seem to be for reprise, which is in OP, this one is actually an original version which mentions a few ponies lacking in your links. Here's the text.

Also, found this link, but it doesn't help me with confirming how Star Catcher officially looks like. There are 2-3 different toy versions, which in turn don't look like the prominent white pegasus from the music video

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    If you think the LOTR books are bad, try the Silmarillion; imagine all of problems with location and character name drops multiplied by 100. Because it takes place over several generations, there are constantly new characters named, new locations named, and old locations being renamed and changed.
    ...funny story, I found parts of Silmarillion quite less boring than LotR ^^"

This. This describes me so much. I mean, I really want to be able to make super-adorable pony art, but every time I try, I just get discouraged by how horrible it looks, and that prevents me from trying again, which means that I won't get any better, which will just get me discouraged by how horrible any arts I try will look, and thus the cycle remains unbroken.

It doesn't help that being part of this fandom makes me feel obligated to produce some sort of arts, but lacking any skill in either writing or drawing all combines to make me make the sad face.
    ...I think you can just try to start thinking in different way when you draw?

Bitmap art is like drawing with pencil, easy to learn, vectors are more like cutting paper, you have to think of it in terms of shapes, not lines. I don't know how to explain it more precisely, but if you have any questions about vector art I'll be happy to help

I'd advise against buying Flash. First, you can get if for free to practice, second, I'd practice vectors first. If you want to buy it, after trying free versions, some earlier version might be quite cheap and still good for you.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That's What I Like About Christmas (Reprise- Pony version)
    Rainbow-colored lights
    Glowing bright on Minty nights
    And a bow on every door
    Dancing through the air
    Is the laughter that we share
    With our pony pals once more

Have a merry one this year

Coconutty snow
    Every pony that I know
    Bundled up in pink and green
    Gumdrops on the tree
    Every year we all agree
    It's the sweetest one we've seen

Have a very merry time this year

Our Twinkle Twirl's twirling
    Our Pinkie Pie's whirling
    The party has just begun
    With Star Catcher singing
    And jingle bells ringing
    Sweetberry joins in the fun

We're dancing away
    In our favorite café
    Rainbow Dash and Minty too
    Our voices raised higher
    Than stars up in the sky
    As we celebrate a dream come true

Can you believe that it's finally here?
    It's a merry one this year

Stockings full of treats
    Carols drifting down the streets
    Easy smiles and great good cheer
    Ponyville's aglow
    And it's wonderful to know
    That our dearest friends are near
    This needs to be rewritten for G4. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Stuff.
    Unrelated: Your avatar is so disorienting, as that's my Facebook profile picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Whew... just finished downloading all 26 episodes, just in case this whole youtube business turns out to be more than just a troll. Now I don't need to worry that much. Still would be sad if I couldn't link to the episodes, but at least I can still watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    I liked Silmarillion. I believe it was in fact the first Tolkien book I ever read (not counting what I read and apparently forgot as a kid).

Good luck, and have a nice trip.

My first ever solid memory of computers was being shown the computer lab at my elementary school in the first grade. They told us about this awesome game where you type in numbers and directions, and you can make this little turtle move around and make pretty pictures!
    My first computer used 5 1/4 inch floppy disks. If I remember correctly it had two, and no harddrive. Or maybe it only had one, and no harddrive. Either way, those were funny. I used to go to the library to get books with floppy disks containing all sorts of strange programs. Ah, those were the days...
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-08-18 at 06:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, thank you for you work. One slight nitpick, though, the lyrics seem to be for reprise, which is in OP, this one is actually an original version which mentions a few ponies lacking in your links. Here's the text.
    Yeah, I looked at that one first. As far as I know Dasher, Dancer, Donner, and Prancer are not ponies. (Again, unless you count G2's Dancer.) I don't see any other pony names in that version. The only pony names I saw were in the reprise, which is why I linked it. I haven't seen A Very Minty Christmas (and probably never will) so I can't help you much with Star Catcher. I try to stay as far away from G3 as I can, because I really don't like the design or really anything else about it. I do have to say that Tabitha St. Germain has a great singing voice. :3

EDIT: I think this is Star Catcher (with Minty). She has the same coloration and hip mark. I don't know what movie this is from because, again, I'm not well versed in G3 anything. (But I can be pretty resourceful with the Internet..)
    Spoiler
    Show

@Bobcat: Buena suerte amigo! Hasta luego!

I had a good day at work today because no one threw up on me or pooped on me. I got to play ponies with the kids today (two G1s, many G3s, and a good pile of fakies). [Again, I work at a daycare. XD]
    Last edited by WJMill; 2011-08-18 at 07:08 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I looked at that one first. As far as I know Dasher, Dancer, Donner, and Prancer are not ponies. (Again, unless you count G2's Dancer.) I don't see any other pony names in that version. The only pony names I saw were in the reprise, which is why I linked it.
    Oh, I thought Silver Song is a pony.

I haven't seen A Very Minty Christmas (and probably never will)
    Looks like I'll have to sacrifice myself for the good of bronydom, then :P

so I can't help you much with Star Catcher. I try to stay as far away from G3 as I can, because I really don't like the design or really anything else about it. I do have to say that Tabitha St. Germain has a great singing voice. :3
    Eh. A pity, I really like the design, and I wanted to know which one is official

Are there any levels of canonicity? Toy lines being more important? Toys being less important than other media or more?

Also, yes, she does

EDIT: I think this is Star Catcher (with Minty). She has the same coloration and hip mark. I don't know what movie this is from because, again, I'm not well versed in G3 anything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, if you look in the video I posted, she appears for over 20 seconds. Still, this is what I was talking about, that fleur-de-lis on her side doesn't match any toy and the leg markings are completely absent. Hmmm.

Also, did ponies used to have a mark on forehead, too, or is she unique in that regard?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

30. - Top - End - #360
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, I thought Silver Song is a pony.
    Oh-ho. There is actually a pony named Silver Song. I missed it because they didn't capitalize it in the lyrics. I don't know if she's in the cartoons though, but it does match the line structure in the reprise a la 'Our Twinkle Twirl is twirling,' etc.

Are there any levels of canonicity? Toy lines being more important? Toys being less important than other media or more?
    As far as I know, in previous generations, the toys have either come out before or in tandem with the animation, which I think is the case with G3 as well. I'm pretty sure the toys came first except when there were ponies specifically packaged with the movies. I don't know which is more important, but I would assume they would make more money with individually priced ponies rather than DVDs. I couldn't really tell ya.

Also, did ponies used to have a mark on forehead, too, or is she unique in that regard?
    Most ponies don't, especially G3 that I know of. I think the fluer de lis and the leg markings were reserved for 'special ponies'. Ie. Star Catcher came packaged with the movie, so she had to be extra special. Then she was re-released with no movie and stars up her leg.

Though, in G1, there were a few ponies in the beginning with blazes and freckles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bubbles/Seashell

And Applejack/Bowtie

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom