New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant II

Reception

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Vas, after a few more whispered promises, pulls Jake over to Carl and Sunny, to watch the gifts being opened. After a moment, Jeremy will try to do the same with Shawna, holding her close the entire time.
    Shawna smiles, relaxing against Jeremy as she watches the great Opening of the Presents!

And her present...proves to be an extradimensional box when unwrapped.

Of course, there's something inside the box, too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-09-07 at 09:25 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

Sunny gives Jake a wave, before opening the next gift.

Many hugs and pets to the robot dog! I think this is the equivalent of giving a little girl an actual pony.

Meanwhile, Jake is stunned at Gus's gift. He hadn't known what to expect, but the very last thing he would have expected was for Gus to choose the same gift that Jake would have.

Not exactly the same - Jake had had a different clock in mind before Gus insisted on being in charge of the gift. And he hadn't thought of the engraving. But it was unnerving still.

Outside the Reception

Missy goes to follow orders, and presumably will discover, via the trackers, that the explosives are in the Null Zone? *will wait for Zefir and Rot to confirm before sending out the troops*
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

[Reception]

You're not bad. We'd both make good dancers if we practiced a little, Wenomir says to KR jokingly. Yes, jokingly. I have no idea what's got into him today.

Meanwhile, Reelshka blushes even more and stammers a bit. The flattery is certainly comfortable, but very unexpected. ...Thank you. You're very kind. You said you were a daning instructor? I'd be surprised to find one in a military base, but it is a wedding...

If Sunny opens the gifts from Reelshka, she'll find a large toolbox. Inside there are tools of all sizes, shapes and purposes, all made from high-quality stainless steeel and engraved with a triangle-shaped rune. All tools are well-weighed and precise.
    The gift for Carl contains a cooking set with pots, pans, ladles and everything else one might need to cook a meal. Looks like Reelshka went to the Applehills for advice.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-09-08 at 12:26 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Reception]

"I'm not opposed to that." Says KR, smiling.

Her own present comes in a box. Inside the box, as well as a card, are a pair of tiny engraved silver lockets. They're ordinary looking enough, albeit maybe slightly heavier than an ordinary pair of silver lockets might be, but Sunny should be able to sense the incredibly delicate machinery inside both of them.
    Firstly, the engravings on the front of each locket rather prominently feature an arrow design. When held horizontally, the entire front face will swivel around smoothly as a feather on water, the arrow pointing like a compass to the other locket, wherever it may be.
    Additionally, the inside of each locket, while containing two clear plastic planes for photos like a regular locket, also has a small catch on the side, which, when pressed (and assuming the other person is actually wearing the locket) will display a holographic portrait of the other, exactly as they are.
    Miraculously, the entire device seems efficient enough to run solely on the body heat of the person wearing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

KR's gift: "Oh, KR, it's amazing!" Sunny says. And she hugs KR! OH NO HOW WILL KR COPE?! (Assume this happens after the dancing. because otherwise, that would be really awkward. )

Reelshka's gift: "Oooooh! Tools! Perfect! Just what I needed!" Reelshka doesn't get hugged, because Sunny doesn't know her as well, but she gets appreciative smiles and thanks and the sight of Sunny admiring every individual tool.

The two gifts elicit different forms of admiration. The lockets are admired as the marvelous invention of another. The tools are admired for their quality and perfection, and their ability to allow her to invent marvelous things.

Both are greatly appreciated.

Command Center

After sending Anatolij's fast response team to deal with the bombs, Missy starts preparing another mission plan on her heads up display. Thanks to her cybernetics, she works lightning fast, and soon she has everything ready.

In minutes, she and her team are leaving the base.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-09-08 at 10:06 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside the Reception

As long as Rot carrys the bag full of explosives she will get a clear signal. The signals position will only be miscalculated by a few inc. After starting placing the bombs the signal will get weaker and some lower appear where the placed lay. The detection of the single one has a failur of 5 meter.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

[Reception]

It would be worth it just to shock everyone senseless. And, seemingly affected by the atmosphere of the event - greately different from Cessie and Harnel's wedding, no offense to anyone - he leans down and whispers into KR's ear, quietly enough so that noone else (hopefully) hears: Love you.

[Command Center => Outside]

Anatolij's fast response team indeed leaves the base, following the signal.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Reception]

Runner's gift to them is something he made himself.

He made each of them a watch. Styled appropriately.

But, of course, these are not normal watches. I mean, they were made by an Autobot. They can't be normal. It's in the rules.

The watches are linked to each other with video chat. They can also be used to place calls to any other phone/chat system.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Reception

Magtok comes back in with those flowers, and lays them down with the rest of the presents. He puts a small note next to it, saying "MagSat says it's sorry he couldn't come, but it saw these during the last sweep of Outside and thought you might like them", before skedaddling waaaaay back towards the other side of the reception hall. Suddenly he's feeling a lot more uncomfortable and nervous hanging around here than he was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

Oh, no, you're not getting away that easy, with the old sneak in and sneak out in the same post.

Sunny senses Magtok coming of course, but she emitting far too much tipsy happiness to pick up on Magtok's uneasiness. She reaches out to take Magtok's hand, "Thank you. They're beautiful."

Maybe her mood will rub off on Magtok!

Will he escape before someone remembers that there is supposed to be a dance between the bride and her surrogate father figure?

Charity makes her way to Edijar, relieved to see him back. "Everything okay?" she asks quietly.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-09-08 at 01:06 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #281

Reception

Oh fudge, the bride/father dance. He'd completely forgotten that the dance was even a thing.

Well...he supposes he could stick around here for a while. Whether that choice has anything to do with Sunny's machine empathy and/or the sudden sensation of having sipped far too much champagne despite having not touched any of the stuff himself is hard to tell.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Remnant II

Reception

Friend looks quite surprised at this news, even reaching a hand up to touch his face. He does look quite normal, if very very underfed, for a human with yellow eyes, at least he believes so.

"Scary? I hath not considered such-"

Then he notices that he is still wearing the same bloodstained shirt as he have been wearing since he arrived in the Nexus.

"-I see what thou infer"

Rahona meanwhile, is still requesting songs.

"I'll take tha' as a yes, I'll request... Wai', would ya even know any songs from my universe?."

It seems this Rahona still haven't learned that every universe have nearly identical songs, quite silly of her. Maybe teh Rock Golems can tell her!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception

Edijar wraps his arms around Charity from behind. "Mhm. He just needed me to make sure the flowers got here without a hitch." He whispers to her.

Wolfy smiles to Reelshka before sending her into a gentle spin. "I was called in to teach the bride and another how to dance. I don't really live or work here."

Carl grins up at all the gifts, obviously barely keeping himself from jumping up and hugging everyone in sight. "Thanks everyone." He says cheerfully. The only one that gave him a bit of pause is K-9. Hopefully Archer would accept it like a brother.

Vasquez leans close to Jake, resting her head on his shoulder to whisper. "So...it seems he's not as uncouth as we thought. You'll have to thank him for me. I was a bit afraid for a while."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

Charity doesn't believe Edijar's story, but she believes the part about everything being okay now. "You look pretty sexy in your dress whites," she whispers. It might be the first time she's ever specifically complimented his military uniform.

Though Sunny is a machine empath, she is not a machine telepath, and so does not know Magtok is thinking about dancing. Thus she does not get up to dance.

"I wish I knew what he was thinking," Jake mutters, still quite disconcerted.

The Hard Rock Golems look up at Rohanna expectantly. Still no answering of questions.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

[Reception]

Um, yeah. How did you get that on your shirt? Brinika asks with apprehension.

Well, you're very good at dancing, Reelshka says as she's spun. I've always liked human dances. Goblins don't have anything like that.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception

Edijar gives a quiet and playful growl in Charity's ear. "And you always look stunning." He whispers back with a squeeze around her waist.

Vasquez smiles at Jake. "After that, I don't think you'll have to worry about him much any more." She tells him. "I'll be sure to thank him when I get a chance though."

Carl wraps an arm around Sunny and kisses her cheek. "You should dance with him. It's tradition." Carl tells her with a smile before trying to push her gently towards Magtok.

Wolfy pulls Reelshka close after the spin and smiles. "Then perhaps I should provide you with more lessons."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

Sunny gets up to dance with Magtok. This would be the time when the groom would dance with his mother, but of course Carl has no family here. So Charity, now his sister, steps towards him and offers her hand.

And of course no wedding is complete without this song.

"He'll be here at 9am,"
    Jake says, in a light hearted tone, with just the smallest touch of bitterness.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose's gift is... a set of tools.

Very highly crafted tools. These aren't merely meant to be functional, they're meant to be almost works of art in and of themselves.

Rose blushes. "Um. Sort of obvious gift, with your interests, Sunny, but...

...the last bearer of my Exaltation was quite the craftswoman. These were hers."

Which explains the Orichalcum inlays. Which also goes a long way to explaining why the heck there's no wear and tear on the things.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

"Thank you! They're beautiful!"
    The Exalted tools and the Goblin made tools are both admired and will be highly valued components of her tool collection.

We'll assume that happened before Sunny got up to dance.

"That's a valuable thing to part with," Niles comments to Rose, when she returns to his side.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not any good at crafting of any kind myself... they might as well be used, you know?"

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

[Reception]

KR BASKS in awkwardness!
    But it can be after the dance, yes. Not that it helps much. As fate would have it, Sunny happens to try and hug one of the few people more adverse to physical displays of affection than herself. It's all KR can do to attempt to awkwardly hug Sunny back and hope this all ends soon.

MEANWHILE, that's a little harsh, isn't it? Especially considering Cessie and Harnel's wedding hasn't happened yet. All the current buggery with guards and prisons and the happy couple getting attacked by mages and ambulatory annelids aside, maybe the wedding itself will be the BEST. THING. EVER?
    Though that begs the question, at Cessie and Harnel's wedding, have KR and Wenomir danced before, or not?
    Wenomir's incautious mood seems to be rubbing off on KR though, as she answers as well... by attempting to steal a kiss off of him. >.>
    People around? Another person's wedding? Who cares!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

[Reception]

The wedding proper hasn't started yet, but Sunny and Carl's ceremony distinctly lacks in fights, arrests, public nudity and the bride's ex-husband's body being presented on a display. As for whether KR and Wenomir danced before... let's not try to make sense of the Nexus' continuity. That was madness lies.
    Either way, Wenomir's kiss is happily stolen, even though "stolen" may not be the best word. He doesn't care about anyone who might be watching either and he's probably smiled more in the past few minutes than in the month before that.

Reelshka considers the proposition. It's crazy, but... she can probably get away with doing something crazy every once in a while. She'll just have to keep Brinika out of it so her mother doesn't accuse her of having a bad influence on the kid.
    I think I'd like that, actually.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

[Reception]

Eventually, however, the kiss must be broken. But KR stays close for a second longer, to whisper.
    "I love you too."
    As if the kissing didn't make it obvious enough.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Reception]

Friend looks absently at the bloodstains again before replying.

"I... got it on my garments in mine feeble attempt to stop blood from being spilt in the tavern I believe thou would call Trog's"

He appears sincere and quite irritated by the fact, apparently not appreciating the irony.

Rahona, meanwhile, is trying to find someone to ask about rocking Nexus music, chat up or drag onto the dance floor.

((Sorry, couldn't think of any songs good enough for the wedding. Accursed you and yoru awesome character wedding! ))
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception

Wolfy smiles warmly and leans in to peck her cheek. "It'd be an honor to teach such a beautiful young woman."

Vasquez smiles a bit at Jake. "Then we'll just have to make the best of it. We'll have our time later." She whispers to him.

Carl smiles thankfully up at Charity and takes her hand, floating on his hoverboots to make it easier to dance with her. He keeps it slow, and even though he's close, won't dance intimately with her. Just keeping it friendly.

26. - Top - End - #296

Reception

If Magtok's still a bit nervous or unsettled by his earlier encounter with Edijar, he does a fairly decent job of not showing it when the dance comes along. Maybe it'd have been safe to look distressed earlier, but with as many eyes as there are on Sunny this evening, he definitely can't afford to look uncomfortable or awkward here and now.

"So, umm...who taught you how to dance for the wedding and stuff, Sunny? Because I don't remember Mainframe giving lessons, and well, Remnant's people don't really strike me as the dancey sort, aside from that one squad..."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-10 at 08:36 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Reception

If Magtok's still a bit nervous or unsettled by his earlier encounter with Edijar, he does a fairly decent job of not showing it when the dance comes along. Maybe it'd have been safe to look distressed earlier, but with as many eyes as there are on Sunny this evening, he definitely can't afford to look uncomfortable or awkward here and now.

"So, umm...who taught you how to dance for the wedding and stuff, Sunny? Because I don't remember Mainframe giving lessons, and well, Remnant's people don't really strike me as the dancey sort, aside from that one squad..."
    "A wolf friend of Cherry's," Sunny says. "He taught Vasquez too. It was fun." She looks around to make sure they aren't too close to Wolfy and Reelshka and whispers. "But then I programmed my hoverboots with the dance steps."

Carl smiles thankfully up at Charity and takes her hand, floating on his hoverboots to make it easier to dance with her. He keeps it slow, and even though he's close, won't dance intimately with her. Just keeping it friendly.
    "You've been so good for her," Charity tells Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "I'm not any good at crafting of any kind myself... they might as well be used, you know?"
    "Still, a generous gift. I hope your next exaltation doesn't repent it." Niles says.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Rahona, meanwhile, is trying to find someone to ask about rocking Nexus music, chat up or drag onto the dance floor.

((Sorry, couldn't think of any songs good enough for the wedding. Accursed you and yoru awesome character wedding! ))
    The Hard Rock Golems look dejected when they aren't given any instructions to rock out.

Vasquez smiles a bit at Jake. "Then we'll just have to make the best of it. We'll have our time later." She whispers to him.
    Jake flushes a bit, and looks self-conscious as he leans over to whisper, "Do you think we can slip away now?"

((The party will begin breaking up now, so it's okay to have your characters depart now, or stay and mingle a bit longer. Thanks for roleplaying in the non-plot and I hope everyone had fun. ))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

[Reception]

Wenomir doesn't have anything more to say, so he'll just hold KR a little closer and keep dancing, feeling happier than he has ever felt in a very long time.

Reelshka, to her credit, doesn't blush this time, having gotten used to Wolfy's... suaveness. Why thank you. Where do you normally hold your lessons?

Brinika peers at Friend. Why didn't you change? Or washed your clothes? It's messy. She decides Friend is weird. And rather creepy.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Still, a generous gift. I hope your next exaltation doesn't repent it." Niles says.
    "About... four thousand years until that comes around, barring injury, and I'm a Dawn Caste, not a Twilight, so it's safe to assume the bearers of my Exaltation who tend towards crafting stuff are going to be in the minority.

If I'm wrong and she- or he- does go in that direction for secondary skills, they can always make their own. In any case, it's better for them to be in the hands of someone who'll use them."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Reception]

Rahona waves apologetically to the Rock Golems, trying to signal that she will try to figure out what to suggest them as she returns to the party in look for unsuspecting victims other guests.

Friend answers Brinika absently, apparently it wasn't something he had thought of.

"I hath not considered that it would be troublesome. It is not long ago that I was banished to this world and the world from whence I came is much different"

He bows again.

"My apologies if it is an offence."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.