New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    THIS! IS! MEMETOWN! *Nyan Cat's into the sky
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I just realized I know nothing about you besides you are trapped in the Caribbean.
    That reminds me, it's probably time I switched back to something more normal.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

That reminds me, it's probably time I switched back to something more normal.
    Ah, but it does mean what I think it memes. Because I intended to use it exactly how I used it.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was always confused as to why my middle school didn't let students use backpacks, but in highschool they allow some teachers to make it a requirement.

I guess that middleschoolers are more likely to bring in drugs, or something.

ION: Considering the pros and cons to either having another pizza, or to finding a way of getting hold of ice cream. Also, putting off big essay given on first week of school in a class worth like, half a credit.

Oh, and watching Macross Frontier.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

THIS! IS! MEMETOWN! *Nyan Cat's into the sky

@Eon: I totally wanted to get involved in the drama. My life was...well, dead inside. Having stuff happened was fun, evn when it was bad stuff.
    Ugh. The stuff that happened around me was just annoying.

@Cobalt: From what I've noticed, the middle schoolers didn't try and use alcohol and drugs until the High Schoolers made it more noticeable. Seriously, the drugs/alcohol users keep getting younger around here.
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-19 at 08:30 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    I just go to my classes in High School. I pretty much stopped paying attention after I realized how much drama popped up EVERY. DAY.
    I know. I just get to my class early (my bus arrives at school around 20 minutes early) so I can read and/or study and/or do homework that I forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    ION: Considering the pros and cons to either having another pizza, or to finding a way of getting hold of ice cream. Also, putting off big essay given on first week of school in a class worth like, half a credit.
    Try a klondike bar for your ice cream.

Also, what high school drama? There's no drama! (I was going to do track and cross country... then I realized I cannot do 10 miles with a 6:50 mile time.)
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #307

I was always confused as to why my middle school didn't let students use backpacks, but in highschool they allow some teachers to make it a requirement.

I guess that middleschoolers are more likely to bring in drugs, or something.

Oh, and watching Macross Frontier.
    In my school, backpacks were allowed whenever. Although, if you want to get technicaly, in our school it WAS slightly more likely for middleschoolers to be carrying drugs.

The pro of getting another pizza is that no, there is no pro get Ice Cream.

Hooray for Macross! Embrace the mecha!

Ugh. The stuff that happened around me was just annoying.
    Same here, but atleast it was something. You've got a valid reason to find it simply annoying.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, for me before school was the "Didn't I have homework due next hour..." time. Or I got to reading whatever book had caught my interest. I was reading Edgar Allen Poe, and the people around me were reading Twilight.

@Lala: A valid reason?
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-19 at 08:33 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, what about study? You guys didn't study? BE GOOD ROLE MODELS PEOPLE!
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

I do, did, and will do! I'm first of my class!
    I'm a decent academical role model, in anything else though, please do not do anything I've ever done...
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-19 at 08:36 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

11. - Top - End - #311

@Lala: A valid reason?
    My assumption is that you had enough good expierances that you'd only simply be bothered by annoying events.

I never really needed to study. I could of and gotten..better, I guess. But I didn't want to, and felt that since many of my worse subjects are stuff that no amount of studying allowed me to understand, it was kinda useless.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a very good role model. I know most of what we learn, but my ego gets in the way of me being top in my class. Among other things...

Lala: Welll.... Not too many good experiences honestly.
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-19 at 08:37 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

13. - Top - End - #313

Ah, but it does mean what I think it memes. Because I intended to use it exactly how I used it.
    It was just an excuse to bring out a meme myself, a meta-meme in fact.

<=== Is So Meta Even This Acronym (from xkcd)

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

14. - Top - End - #314
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I do, did, and will do! I'm first of my class!
    I'm a decent academical role model, in anything else though, please do not do anything I've ever done...
    What have you done? I can't imagine you being anything but a good role model.

Me, I've managed to get ahead up to now without doing much studying. But now I'm going to college... I suppose I will have to learn to study, or else be screwed.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

15. - Top - End - #315

Lala: Welll.... Not too many good experiences honestly.
    Yha, but my inflated sense of inferiority makes me think you've had more then me.

It was just an excuse to bring out a meme myself, a meta-meme in fact.

<=== Is So Meta Even This Acronym (from xkcd)
    Ahhh. Ok. *spins around like a record baby right round round round*

16. - Top - End - #316

Ahhh. Ok. *spins around like a record baby right round round round*
    Are you Dead or Alive?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

I disapprove of traditional schooling, and we will leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    What have you done? I can't imagine you being anything but a good role model.

Me, I've managed to get ahead up to now without doing much studying. But now I'm going to college... I suppose I will have to learn to study, or else be screwed.
    If it was wrong odds were I had done it, the only things I didn't do were those that either required positive social interaction, narcotics or were expressly banned by my father (pretty much reduced to do not bully younger people, and properly treat any lady).

Explosives at home, joining political and ideological groups of dubious ideals, zoosadism, pyromania, dangerous pranks and sabotage of many kinds, also borderline psychopathic behaviours against many people who really didn't deserve it.
    Then I happened to see the light and started getting help, got counselling, consulted with a priest and tried to get myself back on track.This year I'm trying to get the last pieces back together, going back to certain places I never thought I'd return and trying to regain something similar to a social circle of friends.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-19 at 09:12 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

19. - Top - End - #319

Are you Dead or Alive?
    I don't know that song, sorry

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

I'ts either a videogame or the song Wanted Dead or Alive.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-19 at 08:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Have ice cream, now lounging. Also, found older avatar of dying iron cross. Experiencing the horror.

I have a tendency to never study, ever. I have studied a one digit number of times since the seventh grade. Now, I don't count doing homework or book assignments as 'studying,' so maybe by another's standards I'm a book-type-study-learner, but I don't take school home with me. Which can lead to situations like this morning, where I had to quick-skim a chapter in my AP class's textbook because I didn't read it at home at all. 80 on quiz.[/content]

@August: I'd say that makes you a perfect role model; reforming one's self for the better is commendable.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2011-08-19 at 08:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Have ice cream, now lounging. Also, found older avatar of dying iron cross. Experiencing the horror.

I have a tendency to never study, ever. I have studied a one digit number of times since the seventh grade. Now, I don't count doing homework or book assignments as 'studying,' so maybe by another's standards I'm a book-type-study-learner, but I don't take school home with me. Which can lead to situations like this morning, where I had to quick-skim a chapter in my AP class's textbook because I didn't read it at home at all. 80 on quiz.[/content]

@August: I'd say that makes you a perfect role model; reforming one's self for the better is commendable.
    I've never really studied either, but I really don't feel like struggling in any Science or Math related classes, which are my weak spots. I'm hoping if I study I can keep a B average and stay in the honors classes. Thing is, I'm a really lazy person.
    Edit:
    What? Augh! 80's fashion! MAKE IT STOP!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-19 at 09:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

23. - Top - End - #323

Are you sure?

24. - Top - End - #324

NecromancerGuy

I'm still amazed that you were able to preserve that thing when it first happened by accident to be able to call it up on command.

Then I remember there's a screenshot function anyway. x,x
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I'ts either a videogame or the song Wanted Dead or Alive.
    Pretty sure it's a reference to my song reference. Infact, as the below says, it is the name of the band!

Sometimes I forget the names of the people that do songs I like. It is a thing that happens.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Sometimes I forget the names of the people that do songs I like. It is a thing that happens.
    I cant even remember the names of the songs I say I know. I'm REALLY bad at names.

I forgot to mention, my accelerated Algebra teacher is awesome! I was expecting some annoying old guy who rambles annoyingly, instead I get a guy who plays Left for Dead often and is really funny. It's awesome.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-19 at 09:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually homework is the best way to study, reading the textbook, or studying and such are hardly useful, most can be learned through actually working on stuff. Last minute reviewing however is great. I've never studied anything at home sans Chemestry which I loved so much I got ahead and did independent research before each topic since the classes were awesome and the tangents could get rather complex and interesting.

Hardly, I'm a bad role model in many senses, I just tried changing the openly destructive parts, and it would be better if one need not reform oneself.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, Columbo's glass eye is nearly always looking in the direction opposite his other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

29. - Top - End - #329

I cant even remember the names of the songs I say I know. I'm REALLY bad at names.

I forgot to mention, my accelerated Algebra teacher is awesome! I was expecting some annoying old guy who rambles annoyingly, instead I get a guy who plays Left for Dead often and is really funny. It's awesome.
    The best teacher I ever had was an Italian. He strait up told the class that someone failed, and the one day I forgot to bring back this one peice of work I had to do at home, he said, and I quote "It's alright, I don't need to worry about you"

It is my second favorite moment of highschool.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Studying is for the weak.

Actually, I don't study much except for finals, and even then only for science and sometimes math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.