New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Studying is for the weak.

Actually, I don't study much except for finals, and even then only for science and sometimes math.
    I never learned how to study. With APUSH coming up, I'm a little worried.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

biggrin Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

The best teacher I ever had was an Italian. He strait up told the class that someone failed, and the one day I forgot to bring back this one peice of work I had to do at home, he said, and I quote "It's alright, I don't need to worry about you"

It is my second favorite moment of highschool.
    Reason my math teacher is awesome is because he says "Your average now. DEAL WITH IT. That guy next to you? Just as smart as you, you're not the smartest kid in the class anymore. Now have a cookie." And then he transforms into awesome lenient teacher who draws the classic "fish and bigger fish with bigger fish eating that fish..." while labeling them with his symbols for natural and whole numbers, making the fish look like the had X eyes. He did it on purpose.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-19 at 09:19 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Reason my math teacher is awesome is because he says "Your average now. DEAL WITH IT. That guy next to you? Just as smart as you, you're not the smartest kid in the class anymore. Now have a cookie." And then he transforms into awesome lenient teacher who draws the classic "fish and bigger fish with bigger fish eating that fish..." while labeling them with his symbols for natural and whole numbers, making the fish look like the had X eyes. He did it on purpose.
    My ex-science teacher was until a short while my DM (a great one at that when he wasn't trying to get my character killed), I remember every single word ever spoken in each of his class, I remember all of the schematics and the drawings, I consider the notes I took during his classes and the folder made up of the worksheets he gave us better reference material than many textbooks and at times wikipedia and his classes covered the whole spectra of possible topics, an example of that was starting with Evolution, then going at a tangent about the origin of intelligence and somehow ending up talking about Whale anatomy. He's also a pretty awesome guy which has a vocation for teaching, being the youngest area coordinator in the school at four years since he started teaching and not reaching the 30 year mark yet.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-19 at 09:26 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    I never learned how to study. With APUSH coming up, I'm a little worried.
    Hey, I'm having APUSH next year, too! Only difference is I'm not worried at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'm still amazed that you were able to preserve that thing when it first happened by accident to be able to call it up on command.

Then I remember there's a screenshot function anyway. x,x
    It's magical; you can almost hear its screams of pain.

Actually, no, wait, that's horrible.

Jeez, this thing is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Actually homework is the best way to study, reading the textbook, or studying and such are hardly useful, most can be learned through actually working on stuff. Last minute reviewing however is great. I've never studied anything at home sans Chemestry which I loved so much I got ahead and did independent research before each topic since the classes were awesome and the tangents could get rather complex and interesting.

Hardly, I'm a bad role model in many senses, I just tried changing the openly destructive parts, and it would be better if one need not reform oneself.
    I agree. I generally call 'studying' putting aside large amounts of time to do things outside of what the school tells you to do, i.e. 'extra' work. And I am waaay too lazy for anything extra.

Ah, but such an ideal on total perfection is rather far anyway. Since most everyone starts off the path in more ways than one, I set things at how one treats past problems and deals with the future. I'd say you're a spiffy individual.

ION: I hate feeling a sneeze and then getting right there before the sneeze, and then not sneezing after all. It feels like I'm being jipped.

*tens seconds pass after finishing post*
    *SNEEZESNEEZESNEEZESNEEZE*
    ...Great. Now my eyes itch, it's harder to breathe, and I'm suddenly sick.
    *swat*
    And I'm pretty sure that's a different bug than the last one.

It's hard to take always dressing in semi-formal seriously when you're sick and it's murky-hot outside.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2011-08-19 at 09:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

It sounds like there is APUSH going on, but for what I don't know. (What's APUSH?)

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #337

AP United States History, I think? If it is, I can take part in this discussion, as I'm taking that class now.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Hey, I'm having APUSH next year, too! Only difference is I'm not worried at all
    I didn't think I would be. But for some reason, I am seriously nervous about this class. I have NO IDEA why.

Maybe because I'm starting to realize I'm not as smart as I thought.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

9. - Top - End - #339

I didn't think I would be. But for some reason, I am seriously nervous about this class. I have NO IDEA why.

Maybe because I'm starting to realize I'm not as smart as I thought.
    All my AP teachers always make the class sound like hell and a basket of rotting fruit. It almost never is, if you're even half-interested in the subject matter. Usually.

And you are more smart than you thought you were.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

I dropped all my AP classes. It was the best decision I ever made.

And I guess it's just a matter of taste, but none of these teachers sound that awesome. The coolest teacher I ever had was an obese narcoleptic Trekkie with a big white beard. Dude looked just like Santa Claus and had a fondness for horrible puns. His favorite bit was getting his tricorder out, doing a scan, and saying, "Well, there's no intelligent life yet."
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    All my AP teachers always make the class sound like hell and a basket of rotting fruit. It almost never is, if you're even half-interested in the subject matter. Usually.

And you are more smart than you thought you were.
    Everyone I've talked to gives me about the same feeling about the class.

@Tragic: I haven't had many cool teachers. I think the best I ever had might have been a sub we had for 2 weeks before Winter break. Our regular teacher had to be the assistant principal because when the principal had to leave temporarily (I don't remember why). I don't know if I thought he was so cool because he had a sense of humor and doodled on the white board, or because the teacher he replaced caused my to be afraid to go into that classroom. He had a short temper, and it wasn't uncommon for him to be yelling at a kid for some small thing every single day. And not yelling, more of screaming. He even threw a desk at one kid.
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-19 at 09:48 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone I've talked to gives me about the same feeling about the class.
    Not gonna lie, it's pretty rough, bro. And there's so much work... That's what killed it for me, me being the exceptionally slothful fellow that I am. Dropped AP. Homework that was taking me hours every night became non-existant.

Footloose and fancy free.

@Tragic: I haven't had many cool teachers. I think the best I ever had might have been a sub we had for 2 weeks before Winter break. Our regular teacher had to be the assistant principal because when the principal had to leave temporarily (I don't remember why). I don't know if I thought he was so cool because he had a sense of humor and doodled on the white board, or because the teacher he replaced caused my to be afraid to go into that classroom. He had a short temper, and it wasn't uncommon for him to be yelling at a kid for some small thing every single day. And not yelling, more of screaming. He even threw a desk at one kid.
    Spoiler
    Show

But seriously: Teacher's always have the biggest opportunity to become jerks, and it's always awful.

ALSO: My wall just growled at me.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-19 at 10:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Colossus in the Playground

So a friend is watching The Big Lebowski and talking about how awesome and super it is and I can't watch it because I don't wanna risk a whole movie worth of gigs, even though I know I can easily ration my gigabytes, and also because I don't have headphones to watch it.

Sigh...

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

IDK what you people are talking about. APUSH and AP English 11 are AMAZING (at my school). So is the Bio 2 teacher. As a joke at the begging of class, I asked him if he was a Lumberjack. As a joke. He went on a 10 minute rant about how when he was younger, he and a buddy got arrested for chopping down a tree on private property. After class, I asked him a follow up question of if he was OK. He then sung the dang song, and told me to remind him not to call on me.

Junior year is going to be amazing. Except for, you know, the ACT/SAT.
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

So a friend is watching The Big Lebowski and talking about how awesome and super it is and I can't watch it because I don't wanna risk a whole movie worth of gigs, even though I know I can easily ration my gigabytes, and also because I don't have headphones to watch it.

Sigh...
    Just buy the DVD. It's a fantastic film. Jeff Bridges is the man.

ALSO: New avatar.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-19 at 10:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Just buy the DVD. It's a fantastic film. Jeff Bridges is the man.
    I don't have money, and it's not my inability to watch the movie that's the problem.

17. - Top - End - #347

NecromancerGuy

Sigh...
    This situation is easily resolvable. You don't even need to kick reason to the curb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #348

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    This situation is easily resolvable. You don't even need to kick reason to the curb.
    How? How is this situation solveable?

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

How? How is this situation solveable?
    Kick reason to the curb suggests watching Gurren Lagann
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

20. - Top - End - #350

Kick reason to the curb suggests watching Gurren Lagann
    He specificly said without doing that. And I already have, and the point is people are still around so I'm unable to watch things anyway.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

He specificly said without doing that. And I already have, and the point is people are still around so I'm unable to watch things anyway.
    Why is there being people around a detrimental to watching things?

22. - Top - End - #352

The reason is probably this:
    and also because I don't have headphones to watch it.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

23. - Top - End - #353

Basically, what Rae said. The people in question is my sister, the ultra jackass, and my Dad the ultra jackass sr.

Note that I mean nothing by that, really. My sister is a terror and my Dad is a huge trollface, but they JUST came back from a trip and it's like they never even left, so I'm a little frustrated with them on top of everything.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2011-08-19 at 11:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Firbolg in the Playground

MoonCat is back. Here are some quotes of things she said today at her guerrilla theater class.

"But I don't want to eat your arm!"

"Pangaea is my STOMACH!"

"Can I eat some more blood now?"

"Did I jump out of your forehead?"

"Attack of the magical singing midgets!"

MoonCat also started eating all the stage blood because it was mint flavored.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    MoonCat is back. Here are some quotes of things she said today at her guerrilla theater class.

"Pangaea is my STOMACH!"

I'm glad you had fun, MoonCat. That sounds very fun.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yay! MoonCat's back!! I ...

KEEP AWAY!!
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm glad you had fun, MoonCat. That sounds very fun.
    It was! And then I got in a huge fight with my dad, which sucks, but up until then, yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Yay! MoonCat's back!! I ...

KEEP AWAY!!
    Was I gone?

I started talking about how I needed to test and compare real blood as well. And searching for a spoon.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm glad it went well.

ION: This Klingon victory song on Star Trek TNG is quite catchy.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-19 at 11:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Basically, what Rae said. The people in question is my sister, the ultra jackass, and my Dad the ultra jackass sr.

Note that I mean nothing by that, really. My sister is a terror and my Dad is a huge trollface, but they JUST came back from a trip and it's like they never even left, so I'm a little frustrated with them on top of everything.
    I sympathise with your inability to listen to sounds due to lack of headphones and easily annoy-able/annoying persons in the room.

"Pangaea is my STOMACH!"

I suppose you are planning on staging Dracula next.
    It's great that you had what seems like a healthy amount of fun.

30. - Top - End - #360

I sympathise with your inability to listen to sounds due to lack of headphones and easily annoy-able/annoying persons in the room.
    Thanks. Though my real problem is just that I'm both friendless in real life, and without the ability to get friends in real life. I'm baaasically just whining, that's all.