New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

Discussion of http://mspaintadventures.com/, the alarmingly quickly updating webcomic, takes place here.

Prior Threads:
    MS Paint Adventures
    MS Paint Adventures II: Who's Playing Who Now?
    MS Paint Adventures III: [S] Comment

If you don't get the name of the thread, read this page.

Here is the totally awesome Homestuck Music, which you should give a listen to.

In recent news, the author has put himself into the comic, and is taking on the omnipotent Doc Scratch. Who will win??
    Last edited by memnarch; 2011-08-18 at 03:42 PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

Heh, I always say BAP in the gitp facebook chat.

So this is, uh, awesome.

~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my, this reminds me that I've not check that comic for a couple months now.

But reading that he actually put himself in the comic, the question is if I actually want to.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

4. - Top - End - #4

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post

But reading that he actually put himself in the comic, the question is if I actually want to.
    He's been in the comic for a while. This isn't any different.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

5. - Top - End - #5

He's not a major character or anything like that. There's only four pages of him beating up Doc Scratch (cuz he's "pissed" that Doc Scratch is ruining his story), and of course, he does the recap stuff as well.

Anyway, his of influence on the actual story will be "only one yard". Whatever that means.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

one yard or one lawn ring?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as he keeps to his usual antics. It sounded to me like he was actually making himself the one to off Doc Scratch, which would have severely ruined the mood.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Anyway, his of influence on the actual story will be "only one yard". Whatever that means.
    He's got 2 4th Walls placed facing each other, one yard apart. Hussie being Hussie, there is always a possibility this is a herring, but the most likely possibility is that his intervention will involve a character using those two 4th Walls to travel to a necessary place that would not otherwise be possible, in the same way Hussie's self-indulgent insert character used the damaged 5th Wall to break into Doc Scratch's apartments.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc Scratch apparently knows about AH, and Scratch's search for a means to die is a plot point. If AH could/would kill him, I don't think he would be going to all these lengths to contrive his death.

So basically I'm going to be surprised if AH kills Scratch, or for that matter, if he accomplishes much of anything other than getting his ass handed to him in the coming pages.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

10. - Top - End - #10

Imp

As long as he keeps to his usual antics. It sounded to me like he was actually making himself the one to off Doc Scratch, which would have severely ruined the mood.
    Nah, he's just smacking him around with a broom.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

I'm going with the hunch that the young Handmaiden is somehow the one puppeting Scratch around.

Or someone is puppeting him around.

Maybe even controlling himself from a room away.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Or maybe Sratch wants to tap dance one more time before he goes.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

.. okay I'll admit; L.E intro is pretty freaky.
    Less is more, I suppose.

My reaction to recent updates is the same as Karkat's.
    Really, why so ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2011-08-19 at 04:17 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I also like how the hand for the pointer indicating the alt-text has changed. I had a feeling it was going to be LE from that, but the actual reveal? Wow. He does seem quite creepy.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I am honestly quite upset that LE finally made an appearance. i mean sure now we can actually consider him a character in homestuck who does things, but the impreding arise of "he is the BBEG" and "it's all because of english" will crush the fandom more then they allready are.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I am honestly quite upset that LE finally made an appearance. i mean sure now we can actually consider him a character in homestuck who does things, but the impreding arise of "he is the BBEG" and "it's all because of english" will crush the fandom more then they allready are.
    (Er I think that if anything was established in this little intermission with Scratch, it is the fact that yes, it is indeed all because Of L.E, so I don't really see the problem here.)
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    (Er I think that if anything was established in this little intermission with Scratch, it is the fact that yes, it is indeed all because Of L.E, so I don't really see the problem here.)
    Because before it was said that he is the wizard behind all of this magic it was just assumed that things happened because they happened, that Trolls were just inherently violent and that... i dunno Alternia always had two moons (Because god knows it's gunna turn out one of them is because of lord bluhbluhbluh here.)

Really he's become the "wizard" in the "wizard did it" jokes, only he is used to respond to questions nobody asked. Him and the whole felt deal feel to me like they would exist better as a separate story that just happens to exist within the same universe as homestuck, with Doc scratch and the exiles being the only bridges between the two.

Think way way back to when John was running about his house getting the cruxite dowels and turning them into totems and such, did Doc scratch or lord english exist or have any meaning back then? nope. sure chronologically they did exist and were infact guiding the very creation of his universe, but from a plot slash readers perspective, the universe just was, and everything was happy. Then the intermission happened, and this one little name and this one big coat was given and everything exploded, people began assuming mr brittish here was the big bad evil guy behind everything and that all things eventually lead up to him.

but even if they do, so what!? This is not a story about english! this is a story about the kids and the Trolls! yes scratch may have talked to them and intervened a few times but like i said he was the bridge between the two stories! and it's only him doing it!

but now? Now people are going to assume English is going to be the cancer, killing English will solve everything, killing English will start everything, English is the reason johns hair is black, english is the reason bec glows green, english is the reason the game exists, ETC ETC ETC.

it's just so out of control! and all so completely unnecessary!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

but now? Now people are going to assume English is going to be the cancer, killing English will solve everything, killing English will start everything, English is the reason johns hair is black, english is the reason bec glows green, english is the reason the game exists, ETC ETC ETC.

it's just so out of control! and all so completely unnecessary!
    In a way I agree and In a way I disagree.

Personaly-This is an intermission. I personaly believe the original story will remain untouched and proceed as planned. Its a separate thing that is going to be left for later.

We recieved information as to what "In better conditions" might mean. Before I thought it was simply a world were jhon was a joinour pro wrestler and Jade had a mech ect.
    In addition it made me fear scratch.

While this did add an element of extra stuff I am a little annoyed with scratch and his meandering. I just want regular updates now.

19. - Top - End - #19

a story about english! this is a story about the kids and the Trolls!
    Actually, this is a story, strictly speaking, about the kids and their unfinished session, not the secondary characters that came halfway into the story and don't really develop in any meaningful way.

If anything, the trolls in general are just as bad, what with Vriska trying to be behind everything and a few others affecting circumstances as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    Actually, this is a story, strictly speaking, about the kids and their unfinished session, not the secondary characters that came halfway into the story and don't really develop in any meaningful way.
    Nobody actualy said so. Maybe YOU think this is a kids story only (Although seeing them again would be nice) its actualy about a larger story.

I like the trolls. Alot of other people do too, if you dont like them. Sorry. While they do not interact in the main story much (And you complain about the one that does) thier story is interesting on its own as well.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

the kids and the trolls are at least conected directly via the medium, scratch and english are outside of the medium and really have no direct contact with either the kids or the trolls. the few messages the Doc did send were cryptic and barely helpful anyways.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

the kids and the trolls are at least conected directly via the medium, scratch and english are outside of the medium and really have no direct contact with either the kids or the trolls. the few messages the Doc did send were cryptic and barely helpful anyways.
    Plots develop. Complications are added. What makes Homestuck great (in my opinion) is that it's not just the story of the kids, not just the story of the trolls, not just the story of the exiles, and not just the story of the Midnight Crew. It's all four interweaved together over time, space, and the Medium. They have all touched one each other and influenced each other a great deal.

Lord English is already here. Letting speculation about him bother you is silly. If you are going to be bothered by him, at least try to limit it to what he actually does, not what people think he will.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah but heres the thing. Before say three or four updates ago, he really and honestly did absolutely nothing. but still everyone made him out to be a big deal.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah but heres the thing. Before say three or four updates ago, he really and honestly did absolutely nothing. but still everyone made him out to be a big deal.
    So what? We knew he was going to be involved in something since the Intermission.

And yes, before he something in the story, he didn't do anything in the story. I'm failing to see how that separates him from any other character in any story ever.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

ok heres the dealy then.

The story before he made any actual appearance, but after the intermission wich spoke his name and showed off his name:

What he really was:

Not a big deal.

What everyone made him out to be:

BIG F***IN DEAL!!

as in more important then say john, the character who is the freaking main character.

After today? yes, he can be and probably will be an important character, much to my dismay. but before today he had done and said absolutely nothing whatsoever in the story, yet everyone kept makeing the assumption that he was behind anything and everything with little to no proof or evidence.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

So are you saying you don't like Lord English showing up and doing things because the fandom is going to take that and blow it way out of proportion?

Well, yeah. Name one thing they HAVEN'T done that with.

But if you hate Lord English because "the story isn't about him" or some such, then recall that people have said that exact thing about the trolls, the Midnight Crew, the exiles, and JADE. They've all been wrong! The story can be about more than one thing.

Homestuck's nature is that it's continually expanding. People keep thinking that at some point in the story thus far, everything was on the table. All of elements introduced would be tied up into a logical conclusion, however long it would take, and then they get bent out of shape when something new shows up and turns out to have relevance. I learned long ago to stop worrying about it and just enjoy the story.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

ok heres the dealy then.

The story before he made any actual appearance, but after the intermission wich spoke his name and showed off his name:

What he really was:

Not a big deal.

What everyone made him out to be:

BIG F***IN DEAL!!

as in more important then say john, the character who is the freaking main character.

After today? yes, he can be and probably will be an important character, much to my dismay. but before today he had done and said absolutely nothing whatsoever in the story, yet everyone kept makeing the assumption that he was behind anything and everything with little to no proof or evidence.
    People made him out to be a big deal because the story made him out to be a big deal. Indestructible time-travelling demons are usually big deals. The fact that he wasn't dealt with in the intermission means he's gonna come up later - Chekhov's Guns 101. Thus, big deal.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

They could have at least waited until he was, you know, relevant to the story >_>
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

They could have at least waited until he was, you know, relevant to the story >_>
    That's not gonna stop people. Similar to how you can't stop people from pairing people up/shipping couples that will never happen in the story.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

That doesn't make it Lord English's fault. Fandoms are fandoms. If you want to complain about the fandom, fine by me.