New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

Maybe in order to make this cancerous universe sucsessful the Troll session had to be changed a little too?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    If this isn't heavy forshadowing for something then i don't know what is.
    "Something", eh? It's not much of a mystery! Nor is it exactly foreshadowing--our grey-text friend is describing the premise.
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2011-11-15 at 09:04 AM.
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Why do you all dislike her? DXD Maybe she's just nice?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Firbolg in the Playground

If this isn't heavy forshadowing for something then i don't know what is.
    It's a mirror. Remember Karkat's first pesterlog?
    carcinoGeneticist [CG] began trolling gardenGnostic [GG] at 13:04

CG: HI AGAIN, IDIOT.
    GG: oh nooooooo
    CG: SO I GUESS TODAY IS FINALLY THE DAY YOU **** EVERYTHING UP.
    GG: >:O
    CG: IS THERE NOTHING I CAN DO TO CHANGE YOUR MIND?
    GG: you can leave me alone!!!!!
    GG: how can you even be talking to me after i blocked you....
    GG: AND after i logged out????
    CG: YOU DON'T GET THAT I AM BETTER AND SMARTER THAN YOU IN EVERY WAY, FOREVER.
    CG: YOU DON'T GET THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE INCREDIBLY STUPID.
    GG: i get that youre a jerk and you should shut up!
    GG: goodbye you jerk!!!!!!!!!

gardenGnostic [GG] blocked carcinoGeneticist [CG] at 13:06
    It even was called Jade: Answer; by contrast to Jane: Answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

5. - Top - End - #665
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

I do think we will see both kid genarations as there is a mention of an octet...

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm thinking Pre-Scratch Karkat, which means that Pre-Scratch Kidverse is synched up with Post-Scratch Trollverse, and vice-(uni)versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Makes sense, but Hussie CLAIMED he wasn't bringing in twelve more trolls, so having the ancestors seems unlikely. I guess we could JUST have some of them...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Barbarian in the Playground

So this is probably the color and sign Karkat would have if it wasn't for his HUGE BUTT and his RED MUTANT BLOOD (*cloose up of karkat; he its crynig*)

9. - Top - End - #669

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Makes sense, but Hussie CLAIMED he wasn't bringing in twelve more trolls, so having the ancestors seems unlikely. I guess we could JUST have some of them...
    Would that really be bringing in 12 more trolls? I mean, they've sort of been introduced already...
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

yeah this troll thing kis kinda perplexing, especially since the only reason the first trolls knew anything about humans was because they created the human universe. and i REAAALY don't want the humans to create the trollverse. Unless maybe UU is from the universe the kids are going to make with the assistance of the trolls? idk.

Does seem likely the octet she is referring too is the pre and post scratch kids though, still have doubts that the guardian-kids' session is going to lack a space and time player so Jade and Dave can fill those roles, though the "dark spots" UU mentioned when referring to Lallonde could be the same as those around Equius making her the hero of void. Though a similar thing also happened to Rose when she went grimdark, so it's also possible there's some field of grimdarkness around the Lallonde household or something, if not that then it's also possible MOM made a machine of some kind to prevent outsiders from viewing her without her permission.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    So this is probably the color and sign Karkat would have if it wasn't for his HUGE BUTT and his RED MUTANT BLOOD (*cloose up of karkat; he its crynig*)
    And...
    GG: So what do I know! Consarn it, maybe you are an alien girl from Uranus, and together we are about to play a game which determines the fate of existence. Sign me up!
    UU: oh, hee hee! bUt i never claimed to be from that planet, which is only in the far reaches of yoUr solar system.
    ... his GRAY MUTANT PENIS

Also, UU. Uracil is the RNA equivalent to Thymine in DNA. So she's also the inverse of tentacleTherapist, Rose Lalonde. (Or her mom/daughter.) Unless you go for the complement, since DNA code is replaced by its complement in RNA code, so that'd make her the inverse apocalypseArisen (Aradia Megido).

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

About the dead trolls not appearing in the comic anymore, isn't one of the first things we're told (by Jade in a conversation with Rose) that the Game makes it possible to bring the dead back to life? My guess is that all the dead trolls will get their n-th chance in this new session.

So who's this new troll? I have a guess. I think something unprecedented happened during the Corpse-Party at the Green Sun. (the product of mixing of two separate universes.) I think the same thing that happened to the universes happened to the trolls. A lot of trolls partied, mixed up and in the end became one meta-troll, the new friendly neighborhood troll.
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2011-11-15 at 12:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Does seem likely the octet she is referring too is the pre and post scratch kids though, still have doubts that the guardian-kids' session is going to lack a space and time player so Jade and Dave can fill those roles, though the "dark spots" UU mentioned when referring to Lallonde could be the same as those around Equius making her the hero of void. Though a similar thing also happened to Rose when she went grimdark, so it's also possible there's some field of grimdarkness around the Lallonde household or something, if not that then it's also possible MOM made a machine of some kind to prevent outsiders from viewing her without her permission.
    Oooh, I like the Void theory.

Also, it's possible that grownup!Rose is grimdark. Creepy. ._.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

So... "Cheerian" seems to have a time-travel utility (all that talk of synching) yet Takrak has not actually gone through her version of Sgrub yet.

Perhaps these two universes were "created" by the Kidsverse Scratch, which is why both appear to be Scratched versions of their respective universes? This would mean neither one created the other, but rather both will be undergoing The Reckoning at the same "time." Just, for some reason, the "Cheerian" trolls can read through the Crockerverse timeline without looking through their own as well (i.e. via memos).

...also Lalonde is naturally Grimdark, and can control it.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    So... "Cheerian" seems to have a time-travel utility (all that talk of synching) yet Takrak has not actually gone through her version of Sgrub yet.

Perhaps these two universes were "created" by the Kidsverse Scratch, which is why both appear to be Scratched versions of their respective universes? This would mean neither one created the other, but rather both will be undergoing The Reckoning at the same "time." Just, for some reason, the "Cheerian" trolls can read through the Crockerverse timeline without looking through their own as well (i.e. via memos).

...also Lalonde is naturally Grimdark, and can control it.
    My guess is that this is just Pre-scratch Troll universe, since UU mentions "foUr distinct Universal instances worth of Unfathomable tUrbUlence".
    Hrmm, I've got a theory.

At one point, Hussie pointed out that Karkat gave the Universe Cancer in two ways. Directly, he stopped Kanaya from getting all the frogs. Symbolically, he caused John to change his chumhandle, disrupting the GCAT genetic code.

Doc Scratch contacts the Kids from the trollverse to tell them about the scratch.

Now, if this is post-scratch Kidverse and pre-scratch Trollverse, what if the process is reversed. One of the Kids did something that caused CG to change his name to UU (Disrupting the genetic code), Doc Scratch (or his equivalent from the Post-scratch kidverse) contacts the pre-scratch trollverse to tell them how to perform the Scratch. Trollverse Scratches, creating Pre-scratch Kidverse and Post-scratch trollverse, and with it Doc Scratch, who convinces the Kids to perform the Scratch, in the biggest Mobius Double Reacharound of them all.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    My guess is that this is just Pre-scratch Troll universe, since UU mentions "foUr distinct Universal instances worth of Unfathomable tUrbUlence".
    Hrmm, I've got a theory.

At one point, Hussie pointed out that Karkat gave the Universe Cancer in two ways. Directly, he stopped Kanaya from getting all the frogs. Symbolically, he caused John to change his chumhandle, disrupting the GCAT genetic code.

Doc Scratch contacts the Kids from the trollverse to tell them about the scratch.

Now, if this is post-scratch Kidverse and pre-scratch Trollverse, what if the process is reversed. One of the Kids did something that caused CG to change his name to UU (Disrupting the genetic code), Doc Scratch (or his equivalent from the Post-scratch kidverse) contacts the pre-scratch trollverse to tell them how to perform the Scratch. Trollverse Scratches, creating Pre-scratch Kidverse and Post-scratch trollverse, and with it Doc Scratch, who convinces the Kids to perform the Scratch, in the biggest Mobius Double Reacharound of them all.
    ...no, because Karkat is now a girl, and I'm not sure that changing chumhandles results in massive genetic disruption.

However! This could be the pre-pre-Scratch Trollverse! Remember that Karkat's Trollverse had already undergone a Scratch when their "happy nice" world was woefully incompetent at handling the rigours of Sgrub. It's how Lord English was able to influence the Subjuggulators and create the whole ICP-related mythos.

We are dealing with Sburb Alpha... perhaps Sgrub Alpha is the original Troll universe? After all, the Scratch makes it more likely for the Players to win their session and the Kids would have had a much better time of things if the Trolls weren't just trolling them the whole time.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    ...no, because Karkat is now a girl, and I'm not sure that changing chumhandles results in massive genetic disruption.
    It did not. The genetic disruption was caused by Karkat rushing Kanaya, causing her to skip a couple crucial frogs. John changing his chumhandle was just symbolic.
    Last edited by BRC; 2011-11-15 at 01:33 PM.
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    It did not. The genetic disruption was caused by Karkat rushing Kanaya, causing her to skip a couple crucial frogs. John changing his chumhandle was just symbolic.
    he means UU is a girl and CG is a boy, if this is a reverse scenario were CG changes his trollhandle to UU, he would not stop being a boy.
    my guess this is just what it looks like, a compleately sepperate new troll.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #679

Planetar

Alternatively, these aren't trolls at all and Hussie is just messing with us. This could be a third species entirely. We have no idea...
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #680
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

More inportantly:

Look at the picture inside the trunk. Like OMG.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Orc in the Playground

eek Re: MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

So, if uranianUmbra is essentially anti-Karkat, then we can safely assume that their ancestors will also mirror each other...
    Fiberoptic Elflord avatar by Guest#1!

"It's like we fell down the rabbit hole and ended up in Stephen King's basement..."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    More inportantly:

Look at the picture inside the trunk. Like OMG.
    JOHN. WHY ARE YOU SO COOL.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. Seems like Bro has a name beginning with "D". Daniel, perhaps?
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

24. - Top - End - #684
    Banned

I think ???? Lalonde just has black spots because she was a drunk pre-scratch

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by Das Platyvark View Post
    So, if uranianUmbra is essentially anti-Karkat, then we can safely assume that their ancestors will also mirror each other...
    UU is not Karkat's ancestor/descendant. That was the Signless, who was a guy, not a girl with the sign of the caduceus.
    Last edited by Gez; 2011-11-16 at 02:34 AM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Well the Trolls were only able to communicate with the Kids because the Kid were from the universe they had just created right? Possible UU here is from the universe the kids are about to create and happens to be the descendent of them and/or the trolls.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #687

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Hmm. Seems like Bro has a name beginning with "D". Daniel, perhaps?
    Seven letters? The numerology would be wrong even if he was secretly a troll. I'd bet on Dane, because that is exactly the kind of name Dave would give a person.
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

28. - Top - End - #688

As long as it's not Duke...

Four letter first name, starting with D, that isn't Dave, and that actually exists? Dang, that's pretty darn hard to find. Damn. I suppose **** would fit the bill; but it's probably censored on half the forums of the Internet. Hussie did use that one in Problem Sleuth. (It's the diminutive for Richard.)

Otherwise? "Dude" sounds like a name Dave would come up with. Or maybe Dork.

At least it's definitely not Jeff.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inyssius Tor View Post
    Seven letters? The numerology would be wrong even if he was secretly a troll. I'd bet on Dane, because that is exactly the kind of name Dave would give a person.
    And is a real name. There was someone in my class called it.

30. - Top - End - #690

My money is riding on Strider being named "Dora", ironically.