New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: "For the Glory of my Ancestors!" [3.5, PEACH]

Non-creepy? That's no fun. I demand stalkers! If I don't get at least three locks of my hair mailed to me every month, I feel unappreciated.

Edit: Please don't actually do that. Stalking is bad.
    Last edited by Garryl; 2011-08-20 at 11:41 PM.
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

I fixed a regrettable oversight; you may now use Instinctual Strike to use a Rush as a 5-foot step.

I swear, this guy can NOVA quite well as soon as they hit 3/encounterly uses of Instinctual Strike; full attack with two Strikes, then use a Rush to get away as a 5-foot step.

A quick question; do you think it would be unbalanced if I gave them the ability to draw upon more encounterly uses, at the cost of lowering encounterly uses later in the day?

It would boil down to:

Eric the Crazy is a first level Touched Warrior who grabbed Two Weapon Fighting; now, he wants to get full benefit out of the feat, so he wants to use Instinctual Strike so he can full-attack while initiating his 1st level strike. However, this isn't impressive enough for Eric; he wants to use BOTH attacks for strikes. So he reduces the amount of encounterly uses of Instinctual Strike he may use for the next 24 hours by 1; as such, he uses Iron Caress twice, and then cannot use Instinctual Strike for the next 24 hours (because 1 use per encounter minus 1 is 0 uses per encounter.)

Make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

So it would turn 1 use/encounter into (effectively) 2 uses/day (starting in the current encounter). While that is an appropriate trade-off from a design standpoint, as a player options it becomes even more powerful, effectively becoming the more efficient of the two options at any given time.
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, I've decided that a per day/per encounter trade-out would fit better with a class originally designed for it (maybe a psionic class)?

So I'll save that idea.

Besides, it's not as if this class needs it too badly...
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

I replaced the invocations through Fever Dreams with getting flavorful soulmelds (sorta) instead.

I added a new feat.

As always, PEACH!