New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] CURATOR I: The Evil Has Landed

[Village of the Lizard-folk - Liz's Humble Abode]

"Turns out that while my best friend was patting me on the back with one hand, he was preparing a knife behind his back with the other. 'Just in case'. And he didn't have the courtesy to tell me or ask me. Heck, I probably would have let him if he talked to me about it first."

"But that's ok. I've been stabbed in the back without warning plenty of times by my 'friends'. Once more won't make a difference. It's not like I didn't expect it."
    Reinholdt says with a scowl.

He goes to find a place to lie down and do just that, crawling under whatever suffices for covers, if there are any around.

"I'll speak no more on the subject. Please leave me be."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

[CURATOR HQ - Entrace]

Several poking didn't help so i assume we could just go on.
    Mr. C still on the shoulder of his boss.

"So where is the fire?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground

(Well, FF and TE don't appear to be posting here, but there's still interest (Yay!) so let's forge onward without them. Oh! Sorry about the delay as well. I'm way to patient for my own good. (>.<))

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Turns out that while my best friend was patting me on the back with one hand, he was preparing a knife behind his back with the other. 'Just in case'. And he didn't have the courtesy to tell me or ask me. Heck, I probably would have let him if he talked to me about it first."

"But that's ok. I've been stabbed in the back without warning plenty of times by my 'friends'. Once more won't make a difference. It's not like I didn't expect it."
    Reinholdt says with a scowl.

He goes to find a place to lie down and do just that, crawling under whatever suffices for covers, if there are any around.

"I'll speak no more on the subject. Please leave me be."

Liz's hovel isn't actually such a horrible, primitive shelter. The tent is more of a roof than the actual living space. Dug deep into the is the actual living area. It is spacious and warm. Wooden panels line the soil on either side, forming comfy, protective, none too sophisticated wooden (redwood, to be exact) walls. Steps lead down to this area, as is normal for elevated or low platforms to possess. Shelves filled with various knick-knacks are set within the walls. A sweet-scented fire burns in a hollowed-out structural pillar in the center of the semi-burrow, both warming and freshening the air of the room while serving a more practical purpose, acting as a deterrent to the insects of the area, strongly discouraging them from entering the chamber (warding them away, in fact). Liz's bed, an assortment of colorful blankets neatly folded atop a soft cushion constructed out of feathers and grass fibers contained within a circular cloth sac, has been positioned against the wall on the opposite "side" of the chamber.

Liz stares mournfully at poor Reinholdt for a moment before opening her mouth in what amounts to her best attempt to comfort him.

"I understand. It hurts when people use you like that. When they manipulate you for their own ends... People who do that are horrible. I choose pity them, as they shall always be alone."

Liz is speaking from experience, though I'm not sure as to whether or not Rein shall cue in on that immediately or even care at all if he does. Liz does seem to get very emotional concerning this topic, though. That much is for certain.

"If you do not wish to be anywhere near your mate tonight, I understand. I would do the same. I can still convey food and drink unto you, if you would enjoy such a thing."

-----
    [CURATOR HQ - Entrance]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [CURATOR HQ - Entrace]

Several poking didn't help so i assume we could just go on.
    Mr. C still on the shoulder of his boss.

"So where is the fire?"

"It's in the central lodge area. Just follow me."

And without further adieu, Percilia-prime shall attempt to transport Mister C to the afore mentioned location.

4. - Top - End - #304

[CURATOR HQ - Entrance]

Mr. C is really good at following especially when he is on the shoulder of the person he has to follow. Yeah for things going on. Oh mr. C seems to be not really pleased by beeing near fire, could have something to do with him beeing a stuff animal.

"I think you are fiting in best for the role of the paper holder. Ehh..." Come on find something reliable.
    "I have no fingers!"And he waves with his little paws. Oooooohhhh So Cute!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

At another time, Reinholdt would probably comment on the niceness of the place.

He glances up at Liz though, raising a slight eyebrow. "You... you pity them?" Reinholdt has yet to let go in that fashion before.

There's a brief pause, before he replies. "Well I doubt we'll be together come morning, if our past relationship is any indication. But I suppose I could use some food and drink." Better than the rations he's got, he doesn't doubt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

Liz nods. She understands Rein's reasoning completely...she thinks. It makes perfect sense to leave someone who was prepared to turn against you, especially one that you have developed a longstanding relationship with.

"I will procure some provisions for you. I shall return momentarily."

Liz turns about and takes a step toward the door, pausing for only a moment to glance over her shoulder at Reinholdt in parting. She hopes that he won't do anything rash.

And with that, Liz departs! Now might be the perfect time to rummage through her worldly possessions (if Rein is interested in such things)!

-----
    [CURATOR HQ - Entrance]

D'aww! Cute little paws!

"Yes. I would concur."

Percilia-prime smiles as she moves to position the map over the embers of the fire glowing in the fireplace. After a few moments, black lines begin to appear on the paper. Something begins to take shape. Hmm... Maybe it is a map of somewhere in Outside?

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Normally, he'd probably leave it alone, even though the curiosity would eat him.

In this case, though, he's quite interested in what she might have meant from earlier. It did sound like she was speaking from some sort of experience after all. And Reinholdt would like to learn more.

Of course, clearly the best way to do this is to not ask her directly, but to rifle through her things. Of course, he has to do it in such a way that he puts everything back the way he found it.
    >>
    He's a cat AND a treasure hunter. It's in his nature.
    <<
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

Well then, Reinholdt may find many opportunities to invade Liz's privacy and the sanctity of her home have presented themselves to him! Most of Liz's possession have been set on shelves available for the public eye to soak up! A tiny, chestnut jewelry box rests upon one of these shelves. It might serve as a music box at times from the looks of it. A heavy, redwood trunk locked by a brittle, simple iron lock has been heaved out of the way seemingly recently. It has been positioned underneath the stairs leading into the chamber. A diary has been abandoned not far from the bed. It is nearly concealed underneath the mattress, in fact. It is bound in leather and crinkled beyond all compare from use.

I would never have guessed that Liz would be one to find diaries beneficial. I never would have even entertained the thought that the lizard-people could write!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm.... hmmmm....
    He shouldn't but....
    Reinholdt will sneak the diary and move over to somewhat near the entrance so he can listen for incoming people and hide the diary if necessary.

Then he'll open it up and start looking through the entries! Particularly looking for this betrayal incident, though he'll read anything interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #310
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Village of the Lizard-folk - Commons]

Tiff lets out a sigh of relief in response to Will's statement.

"Good. We didn't need one of those savages running loose in our territory during the daytime."

In a similar fashion, Tiff replies to Aurea, resting a hand on her hip and taking a swig of alcohol before proceeding,

"Males can be such primitive fools. Lucky for us that our males are very sensitive to light. We only have to put up with their attitudes during breeding season, and so long as they only send envoys into the camp, everything is goes along just peachy-keen."

What a weird culture!
    Aurea looks curious now. Is this dichotomy between the aggressive males and the intellectual females reflected in the deities of your religion?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lizard-folk Village - Commons]

Will looks quite interested in this, and starts transcribing the conversation.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

Oooo! The diary! Reinholdt could really find himself in a kettle of boiling water if he were to be discovered with that book of Liz's most private secrets. She confides in that book. She trusts it more than any other miracle in this world.

Several sections of the book are interesting. One entry recounts Liz's rite of passage into adulthood. That event is fairly recent, actually. Another section of the journal details a disease which swept through the tribe when Liz was but a small child. There is a report on the death of Liz's parents, who were killed in some sort of raid ages ago.

Hmm... Interesting. Liz has recorded an event of betrayal taking place sometime between the rite of passage she endured (which consisted of surviving in the wilderness with no contact with any sapient critters for some time). Evidently, Liz was tasked with leading a special force regiment into a some sort of cave to purge it of any living beings lurking within it (it was likely a nesting ground for various monsters). The squad she led consisted of herself, one other female, and three males, one of which was evidently her mate for the upcoming breeding season. Liz was utilizing pheromones to keep the males in check, when her mate turned on her and the other female, attempting to seal them both in the cave forever in a mad attempt to assert his dominance over them. The other female on Liz's team was buried in the initial landslide channeled to barricade the mouth of the cave. Liz survived in the darkness for quite some time, slowly chipping away at the boulders preventing her exit over the course of a few weeks. In order to survive, she was forced to resort to actions which even now trouble her. Upon escaping, she returned to the female camp to find that each male who tried to terminate her ended their own lives not long after committing the deed that nearly resulted in Liz's own death. She has only recently recovered from the mental and physical trauma caused by her tenure in that terrifying cave.

She still can't stand being in the dark for any time period. She does write that she feels remorse on the behalf of her mate. He must have been terribly unhappy given that he was driven to make the decisions that he did.

-----
    [Village of the Lizard-folk - Commons]

"Deities?"

Tiff scoffs in high spirits! She finds polytheism silly for some reason. Weirdo.

"We only worship one lord, Yyranga. Like anyone else, She is maintains both a dark side and a light side. She is both intelligent and primitive. She is everything and nothing. She is a god of opposites, a god of contradictions."

This Yyranga is not unlike her creations and the natural world.

13. - Top - End - #313

[CURATOR HQ - Near Fire]

Mr. C watches the map as good as he can.

"Seems like we need to leave to find whatever there is."

So really Outside or just in this thread somewhere outside?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

[CURATOR HQ - Near Fire]

Percilia-prime glances at a clock nearby and suddenly grows alarmed!

"You're going to need to handle this one, okay? Just run this map through our electronic database to determine where this map leads. I've got to run or Tom might figure out what I'm up to."

Oh... Percilia-prime is trying to hide the fact that she runs an ACRO from Tom? Yikes! That's bound to end in disaster!

15. - Top - End - #315

[CURATOR HQ - Near Fire]

The cam goes to the map then to Mr C back to the map again to mr. C. Maybe someone notice that Mr. C is much smaler then the map.

"Can you carry it over, please?"

And on another note how long is the map staying.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt finishes up and wipes the tears from his eyes. He so wants to just give her hugs when she comes back, but it wouldn't really be appropriate. Instead, he goes and puts the diary back where he found it. He's too depressed to read anymore.

Then returns to where he was sitting and waits in thought.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

It isn't long before Rein might hear footsteps approaching the entrance to the shelter. With impeccable timing, Liz marches through the door, arms laden with an assortment of fruits (ripe pears, savory plums, tremendous pomegranates, and fragrant melons), sweet meats (honey-glazed and herb-seasoned hunks of meat that taste very much like smoked ham), and two glass bottles of liquor (mead and wine, to be precise). She's obviously having trouble transporting all of the provisions. She probably grabbed as much foodstuffs as she could carry. She doesn't even have the slightest clue about the workings of Rein's metabolism.

"Where would you like me to set this?"

-----
    [CURATOR HQ - Near Fire]

The map will likely be staying for a long time, more than enough time for Mister C to scan it into a computer.

"Would it be alright if I just folded the map up for you? I really must hurry."

If Mr. C agrees that folding up the map would be acceptable, Percilia-prime will fold the map up in order to make it much easier for Mister C to transport!

"If you need a lift to the computer server room, just shout the name 'Lintha' and my assistant will rush to assist you."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh wow. You didn't need to get that much." Reinholdt stands and moves to try and grab something to lighten her load.

"Right here's fine." Reinholdt says, pointing out some spot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #319
    Pixie in the Playground

Some spot like that conveniently place shelf with legs right over there?

Rein's lightening of Liz's load in all likelihood helps her move around quite a bit. After she has deposited the delivery wherever Reinholdt has indicated, she'll glance at him once more. She really does hope that he is able to mentally deal with his tragedy without resorting to anything extreme.

"Do you require anything else? I can easily smuggle most anything into this space. Being in charge of the village's guardsmen does have its perks."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

>>
    Reinholdt's not known for extreme reactions to situations.
    <<

"Someone to eat all this food with me might be nice."
    Reinholdt says, motioning at all the food.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #321
    Pixie in the Playground

That's a kind gesture, Rein offering to share his dinner with Liz and all. Liz really should head outside and patrol the perimeter. That's the task she was assigned, after all. Pssh! It won't matter! Nothing interesting ever happens on patrol. It's so dull. Skipping a night of it won't really matter in the end.

"Uh, sure."

Liz responds, glad that Rein appears to have cheered up considerably since she left him. At least he didn't just want to be all alone anymore.

"It's good to see that you're feeling better."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mmm... well there's nothing to deal with until I get back home anyways." At which point, he'll totally trick everyone into thinking he's hiding out in HALO before running off to do some other horrible plan which is totally not extreme. Honest.

Reinholdt takes a seat.
    "So have you guys always been here? Haven't heard of you before."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #323

[CURATOR HQ - Near Fire]

"Up, UP and away."

I just can't imagine whatever Mr. C is doing without thinking an Ooowwww. Currently he summoned the power of the armore again and flies over to catcht he paper.

"Well then. Should I wait for you to get this or should I go myself?"

Little stuff lizard in golden armore with wings holding a paper of his own size. Oh come on is there anyone able to say no?

24. - Top - End - #324
    Pixie in the Playground

Liz seats herself atop that locked trunk I mentioned earlier. She pauses for a moment before concisely replying,

"We established this village when I was but a baby. I'm not quite sure where we lived before, but we've been here for so long that that matter matters little."

-----
    [CURATOR HQ - Near Fire]

"Yes. You may fetch the artifact by yourself. It isn't very big, to be sure. If you decide that you might need some assistance, just call up my aide before you depart on your journey."

((The plot will take place in this thread, yes.))

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see." Reinholdt takes something that looks appetizing and starts nomming on it slowly.
    "Have you heard about the places beyond the forest? Like Inside and Riverside and such? I mean, I highly doubt they're any safer than here. They're probably more dangerous even. Just don't know if you know about them."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #326
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm... Liz doesn't remember ever hearing the name Riverside before. As for Inside...

"Aren't we inside right now?"

Nope! Liz has absolutely no knowledge in her databanks even remotely related to the City of Inside. She knows of no society outside of the forest. Only the outcasts and degenerates leave the forest. Liz has no desire to share in their fate, whatever it may have been.

27. - Top - End - #327

[CURATOR HQ - Near Fire]

"I think I can handle this until there isn't any monster that is bigger than me."

So that means even a rabbit could stop him.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah. It's, uh, actually the name of a town outside the forest. Horrible name, I know." Reinholdt admits, shrugging a little and falling quiet in thought.

"Wonder what we're supposed to find in those ruins..." Reinholdt says, mostly to himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #329
    Pixie in the Playground

The ruins! Oh yeah! Now Liz remembers!

"Well, I do believe that something powerful is sealed away in there. I mean, there's got to be a reason why the undead are guarding it. Maybe there's a talisman or staff of death or something in there."

Liz is merely postulating. She's not sure that anything vital rests in that razed shrine.

-----
    [CURATOR HQ - Near Fire]

"There is a huge beastie guarding the treasure which you shall be pursuing, but your size won't put you at a disadvantage. It might actually help you figure out how to defeat the guardian."

That's the truth! Mister C doesn't have to battle anything in the temple to reach the ring hidden away therein. He merely has to obtain the ring and escape the temple in one piece.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah. Well I suppose I'll find out tomorrow. Hunting treasures is my profession. There's bound to be something good in there." Reinholdt says. His eyes glint at the prospect of shiny artifact treasure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast