New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] CURATOR I: The Evil Has Landed

[Lake Hylia]

"Cold storage is where all of the volunteers are stored until their expertise is called for. I'm a techno-mage. I tinker with technology. There is a whole army of experts in every field stored there, if you can reach them. Their life preservation mechanisms may have malfunctioned, however, but these things survived the blackout just fine, so there's a chance that something besides the monsters endured."

Nabe elaborates, neglecting to mention where Cold Storage is located, though common sense would dictate that it would be located conveniently close to the genetics labs.

Nabe stares at the skull with an eyebrow quirked. He certainly doesn't trust it as far as he can throw it, which, granted, is pretty far but...

"You running out of ammo? We've got a playtester's hidden nook around here somewhere, and the guys who designed the layout of the building are the type that would hide all the good guns there."

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"Sounds like a good place to check. Lead the way." Reinholdt says.

He likes the idea of more guns. Even experimental, rare, one of a kind guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Weathered Ruins]

So the guy heads for the other direction? Bad if Mr, C would be bigger and faster he would head for the ring, but from his current position he has no free line to the ring. Therefor he will climb up again until he is on the rings height. let's ope that distracts the ghost and Mr C can land a tongue grab against the ring.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #574
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"Okay then."

Nabe replies hastily. Nabe takes off down the hallway back down to the door that wouldn't open for him during the zombie assault and begins to throw his massive girth against it obstinately once more!

Because it worked out so swell the first time!

Yep! That door isn't budging with that method.

"Don't worry. I've got this."

Sure you do.

While Nabe is busy slamming his body against the door, Rein might hear a discomforting noise. It sounds like an entire horde of zombies are tearing down a corridor leading into the room leading into this hallway.

There might be too many of them for even Rein to handle!

Only time will tell!

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Hey! Another one of those steam-thingies went off just as Mister C predicted. The bloke heads over to inspect that one steam-burping apparatus while Mister C ascends so that he is level with the ring!

However, this second activation of the steam appears to have a trap accompanying it!

A swarm of tiny, pesky, blue beetles that attack with sharp pincers crawl out of a symbol nearby and attempt to rush at Mister C and pinch him with their pincers!

5. - Top - End - #575

[Weathered Ruins]

You tell me that bugs are going to attack their natural enemy? For mR. C this is like serving food. Even if he isn't a real cameleon he seems to take much things from them... also their taste.

His action really depends on the number of bugs coming, but I assume there are more then he could eat. If so he tries to say quiete "UP! UP and away!" So his wings show up and he flies away. Sadly that will stop him beeing camonflouge.

Should there be only a hand full he will try to eat them befor anyone notice it.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt suspects he got stuck with the lucky moron. Who's unlucky for everyone else that has him along.

Rein goes to rush back up the hallway and grab his portable door handle box before slamming the door shut to buy them a little time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Nah! Nabe isn't going to be exclusively a liability to Rein! He'll be a precious asset once or, if Rein abnormally fortunate and the day itself was to be auspicious all on its lonesome, twice! Anyways, zombies begin to break down the door not long after Rein slams it shut. They bang their fists against it mindlessly groaning and grumbling like...well, your stereotypical mob of slavering undead. Well, they would be slavering if their glands charged with manufacturing saliva had persisted past zombiehood. The hinges begin to strain as the sound level of the pounding is amplified as the zombies pack themselves against the door and smack their hands against it.

However, Rein will find that his high-tech doorknob fits this door as well! The door twists open revealing a lobby full of vending machines and other random office equipment that belongs in a standard issue breakroom...alongside at least three other upright zombies who will be none to receptive to Rein's arrival and a whole mess of dead or, perhaps more appropriately, undead corpses strewn all over the floor as though strategically installed there after the dark machinations of an omnipotent, dreadfully spiteful creature to make Rein's endeavor all the more dire. But pfft! Only a crazy person would think that up store any real faith in it...

Right?

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Yep! That assumption is valid. More beetles than Mister C could probably handle did swarm out of the hole and threaten to pinch him without savagely until time itself did cease. Nasty little bugs they'd be regarded as, even if Mister C had a party of lizard friends backing him up.

Mister C is no longer camouflaged, but that doesn't impact the circumstances of his as much as he was expecting, most likely. The conniving priest of an ignoble god begins hovering his way over to where Mister C was when he spoke. He doesn't seem to be chasing after Mister C or even noticing him yet. The riled up bugs are making too much noise to enable him to succeed at that.

But not for long!

This bodes ill for Mister C, I suspect...

Maybe.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"This doesn't seem to be the right way Nabe."

Reinholdt's not going to fight an entire floor of zombies.

It's time to shut that door and try another. At this point, just trying to find a clear room to hide in and let the horde pass by. Probably hoping for a room with a typewriter in it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #579

[Weathered Ruins]

Well since things go bad Mr.C doesn't really think it could become badder.

So hs choice is clear. fly for the ring and flee as fast as possible.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Aw! Distributing complimentary samples of slightly used bullets to an entire floor chalk full of what one is most petrified of in life is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Especially if one has a loaded boomstick to wave around in their general direction!

Nabe's expression suddenly exquisitely mirrors his inner distress pertaining to the sheer concentration of zombies in this area. Accompanying Nabe's reaction is a foul stench polluting the air about him.

It just so happens that the entire hallway is lined with doors leading into private offices of crucial executive officers and researchers of the company!

Bad news is, they're all securely locked in place with those pesky crest-lock-mechanisms shamelessly stolen from the Resident Evil series!

Grr!

At least the doors are made of moderately thick wood with only a modicum of metal within them!

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Swipe the ring! That's easy enough to accomplish! Although most of the treasures contained within this particular temple are trapped to some extent or another, this one doesn't have all that much of a penalty for filching it, apart from the lounging evil cultist guardian ghost priest who was formerly bound to forever watch over the relic of antiquity and the giant boulder that is leisurely rolling through that wall right over there! Complicating matters further is the reality that every single one of the doors in this section of the temple are slowly crawling shut as time passes.

Retreat! Retreat as expeditiously as is possible!

11. - Top - End - #581

[Weathered Ruins]

"Ombmybgidb"

Damn ring in his mouth can't speak with that and fly right. *glurp* And there he swallowed it... he will regret it. But now focus on the now and here. He tries to fly over to the next door aiming for the lock. Let's hope the ring doesn't make him fat.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt's not exactly particularly good at literally kicking in doors. He's not very strong. And it sort of defeats the point to have a knocked down door when zombies are trying to break through.

Still, there doesn't seem to be other exits at this point in time.

Reinholdt tries to pick out the door with the fanciest crest in just a few seconds. Once he decides on one, he pulls up a wand that rusts things and fires it at the abnormal locking mechanism, hoping to rust it over. Might make it easier to kick in the door, which is the end goal and what he tries to do last.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-06-03 at 12:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #583
    Pixie in the Playground

[Weathered Ruins]

Oh no! Mister C accidentally swallowed the magical ring he was supposed to reclaim for the treasure hunting guild! Le gasps!

Oh well! At least he's not a living lizard by the scientific criteria for classifying something as alive. He won't experience any fast-acting allergic reactions to the ring's magic!

Unless he gets the hiccups. If Mister C were to randomly contract a bad case of the hiccups right about now, he might find himself in a spot of trouble.

As is, Mister C barely manages to squeeze through the lock of the door before a noisy thud resounds from the warped wooden door behind him. It would stand to reason that the evil cultist ghost cannot, ridiculously enough, leave the room where the artifact rested.

But there's even more bad news to report than I did last post!

It would seem that the temple had set itself ablaze upon removal of the artifact from its pedestal.

That might be an issue because the already crumbling temple roof is starting to rain down flaming debris in a vaguely square pattern in front of Mister C!

The boulder continuing to chase after him isn't very welcoming either.

-------
    [Lake Hylia]

True, true. Kicking in a door is no mean feat and there be no other safe exits to this zombie trap in plain view.

However, rusting over the eccentric locking mechanism of the door is an ingenious plan! The oxidization of the primarily brass crest holder partially tricks it into loosening its lock from the sturdy doorframe as weight applied in the appropriate areas of the lock increases over a short period of time!

Blam! The door swings open as Rein kicks it open with one mighty blow of his foot! Inside of the office is posh furniture, black leather couches with velvet throw pillows, hand-crafted mahogany tables and a mahogany desk with a top of the line PC encamped upon it, a personal vending machine, throw rugs, soft tapestries and wall hangings strung all over the place, a novel pinball machine, and an alien chest bolted to the floor in front of the desk.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"In here." Reinholdt tells Nabe before heading in.

"Close the door and help me barricade it. Quick." Reinholdt says moving to the couch, planning to move it and turn it on its side to prop against the door. With Nabe's help of course.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #585
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Nabe catapults himself like a coiled spring through the door as soon as Reinholdt passes through the doorway. The room looks safe enough, and anything that might've lurked within would have attacked Reinholdt first since he entered first, so Nabe judges that it is safe enough.

While Rein moves to prop a couch against the door to brace it, Nabe approaches the vending machine and, bending at his knees, lifts it off of the ground and carries it over to help barricade the door.

The wailing of the undead grows near as they break through the last bit of door that was holding the wave back and keeping them outside of the hallway.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Once those are in place, Reinholdt holds his finger up to his mouth, indicating to Nabe he should stay quiet. With any luck, the horde will go right on by. He motions for Nabe to step away from the door, while Rein does the same.

Always one to multi-task, Rein goes to check to see if the computer is on. He doesn't know too much about those things beyond some basics, but maybe it had some information of use. If it's not already on though, Rein won't mess with it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Weathered Ruins]

Oh no! Mister C accidentally swallowed the magical ring he was supposed to reclaim for the treasure hunting guild! Le gasps!

Oh well! At least he's not a living lizard by the scientific criteria for classifying something as alive. He won't experience any fast-acting allergic reactions to the ring's magic!

Unless he gets the hiccups. If Mister C were to randomly contract a bad case of the hiccups right about now, he might find himself in a spot of trouble.

As is, Mister C barely manages to squeeze through the lock of the door before a noisy thud resounds from the warped wooden door behind him. It would stand to reason that the evil cultist ghost cannot, ridiculously enough, leave the room where the artifact rested.

But there's even more bad news to report than I did last post!

It would seem that the temple had set itself ablaze upon removal of the artifact from its pedestal.

That might be an issue because the already crumbling temple roof is starting to rain down flaming debris in a vaguely square pattern in front of Mister C!

The boulder continuing to chase after him isn't very welcoming either.
    [Weathered Ruins]

No hiccups just a single burp.

Mr C watches the scene, very annoyed. Fear is long time gone since such things seem to happen every day now.

"Fire? Why does it always have to be my arch enemy."

He rise his paw shaking it against the fourth wall where The Alexandrian sits.^^ Then he turns around to see the giant rock after him. His eyes go wide as he stands on the ground. He then starts running. Obviously a giant rock is new for him so he runs Very fast for his kind, but only as fast as a jogging human may be.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Despite the palpable complexity of the building on its outermost layers, this office is fairly standard and drearily basic in its setup. The computer shouldn't be too hard to operate, unless Rein hasn't had experience with any user interface resembling Windows XP. On its screen is an unadorned screensaver consisting of a compilation of pictures of puppies. The mouse, when moved, will reveal the remarkable fact that this executive was in charge of implementing security systems to bring on the hurt to intruders within the facility. He, as it would seem, really liked the idea of placing turrets in every single corner of the building that they would fit in. Oddly enough, while their is an option to turn the turrets on, there is no option to deactivate the security systems or modify their targeting parameters. At least Rein can monitor the zombie movements in the hallways and the vents connecting to this room using the cameras wired into this surveillance equipment and access other-

"Achoo!"

Of course Nabe has to sneeze at the worst possible time! While he was more than happy to distance himself from the door the zombies might, at any moment, tear through, he never turned away from it and sneezed when the majority of zombies just so happened to be passing it.

The zombies come to a stop outside of the door leading into Rein and Nabe's hideaway. Uh-oh!

As if that weren't enough, a roughly Waldo-shaped shadow appears on the floor for an instant before vanishing in a flash of bright white light!

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Gotta go fast!

Lady Luck seems to favor Mister C this time around, as a patch of stone wall crumbles away directly in front of Mister C leading outside of the ruins! Mister C might still have trouble beating a hasty retreat fast enough to outrun the boulder, but at least he stands a chance now!

If Mister C has any bright ideas on how to evade the orb-shaped boulder or get out of the temple quicker, now'd be the time to try them!

19. - Top - End - #589

[Weathered Ruins]

Oh no. What should he do now? Maybe he could use the gem? No He don't even know how it works maybe it will do something he don't want, like making the rocks have spikes. Think little creature THINK. Your running out of Time! *Pling*

He drags out an egg like stone with a clock on it. with his tounge he presses the hour hand from 1 to 6. The effect will take place in a bubble around the egg, hopefully the stone isn't so close. The aura makes all inside 6 times faster(time pass by 6 times then normal). Let's hope this will make it.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt should have let him get eaten.

Much as he'd like to turn the turrets on, that's a last ditch effort. He still has four companions out there somewhere, supposedly.

Not that he's going to go searching for them, but he doesn't want to turn the defenses on them either. Not until it's the only choice left and they haven't quite started bashing on the door to get through the barricade.

Reinholdt hurriedly moves on to the tapestries on the wall and starts moving them aside or pulling them down as quietly as he can, looking for a secret door or passage hidden behind them. Executive people doing shady things tend to have them. More so someone who is a security officer. It's a paranoia thing. Granted, he could be wrong and there's no such thing here or you have to get a superhigh score on the pinball machine to open it. But he's hoping he's not, cause dead-end rooms are the worst places to fight zombies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #591
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Well, the good news is that Rein should run into at least one of his long lost companions again before this adventure is through! Under what circumstances and provisions, however, nobody knows!

The even gooder news is that there is, in fact, a dimly lit passageway stretching into a galaxy far, far away from this room hidden behind a tapestry! The bad news is that he'll have to hit the bumpers on the pinball machine in such a way that they'll play Vivaldi's Le Quattro Stagioni before they'll open up for him Nabe is much, much to wide and, er, 'big-boned' to fit inside of then roughly circular opening. He'd just get wedged in there, clog up the regulatory escape tunnel entrance hatch, and generally gum up the works and, acting as a stopper, effectively keep out anyone unfortunate enough to be left out in the cold behind him.

Y'know, that pathway looks more like a Jefferies tube than a vent, what with the ladder mounted inside of it and all.

Aside aside, those zombies are starting to tap on the door quite menacingly! While I'm not sure what a menacing tap sounds like, Nabe is outlandishly mortified by it. Or maybe he just always looks like that... I dunno.

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Pling!

Yep! That'll certainly do the trick! Being accelerated to a speed six times as fast as everything else will definitely get Mister C out of that hole and into the fresh sandy storm outside! Breathe deep! And just in time too, as the temple crumples inward on itself and, with a great thunderous clap, crumbles away into the endless void which rested beneath it. Swallowed as it is in the sinister darkness of the abyss, it would be safe to assume that this is the end of that there temple and Mister C's adventure in it.

Bravo! Now Mister C only needs to find his way out of this godsforsaken desert.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Well tapping's alright. That's not very forceful. Besides, there's one thing left to do in this room.

That's to scurry over to the chest and try to get it open. Even if it means rusting the lock and using a crowbar. Though admittedly, first Reinholdt will try his open doors cube since that seems to be used a lot around here. Might be useful on chests too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #593
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Ah! The chest! How astute, as I had thought that Rein had chosen to overlook it in favor of checking out the computer system!

The metal trunk is less of a thin-walled container design and more of a heavy "this crate was designed to outlast all life in the entire freaking galaxy" build. It even has a sticker epoxied to its side attesting to that fact like some eccentric badge of honor. It must've cost a fortune to buy, and only someone as wasteful with their resources and paranoid as Marciano would have purchased it!

The lock on the trunk doesn't look like walloping it with a crowbar or crow-bear will bust or even dent it. Rusting it might be worth a shot, as it will unseal the lid of the locker, freeing up enough space for something really thin to slip through. The use of a crowbar after that's done might help pry it open, but it'll still take a handful of minutes to accomplish the feat of cracking the shell of the case. The door handle won't work either. It looks like the lock operates on video game logic, though, much like every other item Rein has encountered in this area. The lock looks like a puzzle game! A puzzle mini-game! An annoying possibly timed puzzle mini-game with numbers arranged within a square evilly designed to accommodate 9 tiles! Only eight tiles are currently present within the square. They are:

1 6 8
    3 4 5
    2 7

I have forgotten the name of this brand of puzzle, or I'd include it here as well for easy reference and all that stuff.

Edit: I spent awhile looking it up and found that this is an 8 block puzzle thingy. Blarg!

24. - Top - End - #594

[Lake Hylia]

Well, the good news is that Rein should run into at least one of his long lost companions again before this adventure is through! Under what circumstances and provisions, however, nobody knows!

The even gooder news is that there is, in fact, a dimly lit passageway stretching into a galaxy far, far away from this room hidden behind a tapestry! The bad news is that he'll have to hit the bumpers on the pinball machine in such a way that they'll play Vivaldi's Le Quattro Stagioni before they'll open up for him Nabe is much, much to wide and, er, 'big-boned' to fit inside of then roughly circular opening. He'd just get wedged in there, clog up the regulatory escape tunnel entrance hatch, and generally gum up the works and, acting as a stopper, effectively keep out anyone unfortunate enough to be left out in the cold behind him.

Y'know, that pathway looks more like a Jefferies tube than a vent, what with the ladder mounted inside of it and all.

Aside aside, those zombies are starting to tap on the door quite menacingly! While I'm not sure what a menacing tap sounds like, Nabe is outlandishly mortified by it. Or maybe he just always looks like that... I dunno.

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Pling!

Yep! That'll certainly do the trick! Being accelerated to a speed six times as fast as everything else will definitely get Mister C out of that hole and into the fresh sandy storm outside! Breathe deep! And just in time too, as the temple crumples inward on itself and, with a great thunderous clap, crumbles away into the endless void which rested beneath it. Swallowed as it is in the sinister darkness of the abyss, it would be safe to assume that this is the end of that there temple and Mister C's adventure in it.

Bravo! Now Mister C only needs to find his way out of this godsforsaken desert.
    [Weathered Ruins]

Yay! Mr C starts celebrating. But then he sees his new problem. Hiding the egg (placing the hour hand to 1) into his pocket.

A moment later Mr C walks in a black robe just like nomades do in the desert. He heads for the closest way he could remember taking the sun or stars to find the way. Let's hope he can find home.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt sighs. He used to be able to solve these with unerring accuracy, but it's been so long since he's looked at one. All the same, he's got to give it a shot.

Well first thing that has to be done is get each set of numbers in order.

1 6 8
    3 4 5
    2 7 9

1 6 8
    4 5 9
    3 2 7

1 6 8
    5 9 7
    4 3 2

1 6 8
    9 7 2
    5 4 3

6 9 8
    1 7 2
    5 4 3

6 7 8
    1 2 3
    5 4 9

Hmm... close, but that 6 should be with the 5 and 4, not the 7 and 8. Well that looks easy to remedy.

6 7 8
    5 1 2
    4 9 3

There. Though it'd be better if they were in rows.

6 7 8
    5 9 1
    4 3 2

Reinholdt pauses. Hmmm... well he could just keep working them back into rows, but this looks too completed to waste time doing that. Maybe if he just worked towards the usual answer instead... Well, first thing to do is get the top numbers in place. Once the top three numbers are set into place, you're almost finished.

6 8 9
    5 7 1
    4 3 2

8 9 1
    6 7 2
    5 4 3

9 1 2
    8 7 3
    6 5 4

1 2 3
    9 7 4
    8 6 5

And the 7 and 8 don't even need awkward shuffling. That's better than Rein could have hoped for. Piece of cake now.

1 2 3
    7 4 5
    9 8 6

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

Done! And he almost fell for the time consuming work them in backwards trap. It's reliable and solves it, but requires a lot of extra slides.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #596
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Ding! Ah, Rein is much, much better at solving these puzzles than I. While working with this set of numbers wasn't too bad, the last time I tried solving one of these 8-puzzles outside of using a computer simulation, I ended up whipping out my brother's handy-dandy screwdriver and dismantling the whole darn thing instead of legitimately solving it.

It would appear as though all that time-consuming mental work wasn't pointless or a waste as, when Rein opens the chest he'll find...

(Cue appropriate music.)

Dun! Dun! Dun! DUUUUN!

A chainsaw chaingun with a flamethrower mod.

Now I know from a lecture that was delivered to me by a lumberjack that chainsaws aren't, within the confines of strict, stark, bleak reality, good weapons for slaying anything but trees. They stall and liquid getting into the machine really gums up its works. That's why this particular chainsaw's blade is a projection of heated hard light. A bent, grooved laser beam, no less. Gripped from the back and top as it is, with sleek leather insulating pads lining both of these areas, the chaingun barrel could only be mounted inside of the weapon, the laser ripper chain projected around it. The chaingun is fed bullets through a box on its right. The loaded bullets at current are gyroscopically stabilized fragmentation bullets. Mounted underneath is a tube which spews fire with the press of a trigger near the back grip. Squeeze the back grip itself to fire the chaingun and set that chainsaw a spinning with a quick smacking of the big red "Chainsaw On" button on the side.

Oh, and the midnight black weapon of death seems to have a name engraved on its side too. That name is "Margret".

Looks like Mister Chief-of-Security had a premonition that this building would be overrun by zombies a long, long time ago.

There's also something else in the box, visible only when the chainsaw-chaingun is removed...

It it a slip of paper which reads,

"In light, the dark. In dark, the light. Things that go bump in the night."

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Hey! What's that up ahead. No. It can't be. It couldn't be. It must be a mirage. It just has to be. Why... What would something like that be doing all the way out here?

There is a door floating in the air not far from Mister C's position. Behind it, Mister C might hear the drunken merriment of an inebriated NPC or two or seventy more like.

Yep, that's a bona fide door leading to Trog's floating in the middle of this arid, arid desert! Why? Because Trog's is universal and Mister C doesn't need to walk for days upon days to take his leave of this hot, hot desert.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt gingerly picks up his new favorite weapon.
    Huh. Some sort of other riddle beyond that.
    Ah well, he goes to pocket that slip of paper just in case.

Margret was bulkier than Vera, he'd give her that, though probably not as versatile. Still, when it came down to murdering, this seemed to be the weapon to own. Besides his personal rifle of course, which lacks a name sadly.

Reinholdt hefts up the weapon more properly now and glances back at the barricade and Nabe to see how they're doing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #598

[Weathered Ruins]

Hey! What's that up ahead. No. It can't be. It couldn't be. It must be a mirage. It just has to be. Why... What would something like that be doing all the way out here?

There is a door floating in the air not far from Mister C's position. Behind it, Mister C might hear the drunken merriment of an inebriated NPC or two or seventy more like.

Yep, that's a bona fide door leading to Trog's floating in the middle of this arid, arid desert! Why? Because Trog's is universal and Mister C doesn't need to walk for days upon days to take his leave of this hot, hot desert.

[Weathered Ruins]

Days? He would have need MONTHS. A bit exhausted Mr. C goes to the door opening it. Appearing in Trog's then right?

29. - Top - End - #599
    Pixie in the Playground

[Weathered Ruins]

Yep!

-------
    [Lake Hylia]

I don't see the need for a name for Rein's personal rifle. Its legacy is painted in blood. It is known by the number of victims it has claimed in the hands of its crack shot of a wielder!

When Rein's eyes meet with the cold metal of the reinforced door, a zombie's hand with burst through it, clumsily fumbling for a knob! The barricade is holding as is, but dang! That zombie has muscles like Arnold! Seems more intelligent than the others too. He'll certainly cause problems for Rein if Rein remains here.

Gabe has taken shelter behind the computer desk, being the chubby coward he is. He has stolen the mouse and keyboard of the computer and is busy tearing them apart and combining them with the disk slot. A strip of red cloth circles his forehead.

Technomage in the hiz-house! Cue wolf howl!

"Ahwuuuu!"

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Rein has no intention of staying here.

He pulls a small pistol out of hammerspace along with a few clips of ammo and slides them across the floor at Gabe.

"Good luck!" Rein says, before going for that escape tunnel that he found earlier. Time to leave this room behind. Shame about Gabe, but since Rein's not watching him die, there's an 80% chance that he won't!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast