New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: So Series 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yes and no. It depends on the distance. To be in a stable orbit around a black hole you need to have at least a distance of 3 times the distance on the event horizon to the center... Maybe they were referring to that ad the writers just didn't go into detail?
    Didn't they say that the planet was orbiting inside the event horizon of the black hole?

*double-check* Yep, according to Wikipedia the planet was actually orbiting inside the event horizon, which is I believe impossible.

Not even going to comment on End of Time. I had a long rant about it a while back, you can go and search for it if for some reason you want to.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Orc in the Playground

Default Dr. Si's Old Who Recommendations

Continuing my plan to post what I think to be the highlights of every season of Doctor Who, old and new.

For each series I choose 2 or 3 of what I consider to be the best stories, and a selection of also-rans. "Stories" may comprise any number of actual episodes (somewhere between 1-14, typically 4 or 6). Older Who is nearly always episodic, with NuWho most episodes are self-contained. Feel free to expand on my brief comments, agree, disagree etc. This is, after all, purely subjective.

First Doctor

Second Doctor

Third Doctor

Fourth Doctor

This is the fifth season of Tom Baker's Doctor, and one could argue that this is where his tenure starts to flag. It's still a pretty strong season, for the most part, although patchy.
    There are two firsts in this season. The first time another Time Lord (Lady!) features as a companion (Mary Tamm giving a great performance as the first incarnation of Romana), and the first time a season has an overall story arc (the Key of Time). In some of the earlier series, particularly with the First Doctor, each story bled straight into the next, but this is the first time (and last for a while) that each story in the series is linked by a common theme. Unfortunately it shows that the writers didn't know where they were going with it when they got to the end. Generally this season starts strongly and quality drops off by the end. And so:

Season Sixteen (1978-1979)
    Fourth Doctor/Romana I

The Ribos Operation – another great pair of Robert Holmes “lovable rogue” characters, a genuinely credible villain in the form of Graf Vinda-K, and a future society interestingly realised through hints and suggestions, plus the introduction of Romana, portrayed by an excellent Mary Tamm.

The Pirate Planet – the fingerprints of Douglas Adams are clear in this one, with a story unafraid to go completely over the top. Even the daft fight between robot dog and robot parrot seems appropriate and not, as it would in other stories, mood-breaking.

Honourable Mentions
    The Stones of Blood – a nice little return to Gothic horror, with some touches of the mythology of the female, but not tightly scripted enough to be a full classic.

The Androids of Tara – a foray into swashbuckling romance, which gives Mary Tamm a lot to do and has another fun and credible villain, but perhaps a little too campy for its own good.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon; 2012-02-01 at 04:09 AM.
    The Lazy GM series. Lovingly crafted pre-gen monsters for Pathfinder and OGL d20 fantasy.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Orc in the Playground

Default Dr. Si's Old Who Recommendations

Wow, things go quiet in this thread when there's no Who on the TV!

Continuing my plan to post what I think to be the highlights of every season of Doctor Who, old and new.

For each series I choose 2 or 3 of what I consider to be the best stories, and a selection of also-rans. "Stories" may comprise any number of actual episodes (somewhere between 1-14, typically 4 or 6). Older Who is nearly always episodic, with NuWho most episodes are self-contained. Feel free to expand on my brief comments, agree, disagree etc. This is, after all, purely subjective.

First Doctor

Second Doctor

Third Doctor

Fourth Doctor

This season is a bit of a mixed bag, to be honest. Storywise, Douglas Adams took the best elements and recycled them in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - compare that book to City of Death and the unfinished series finale Shada. Lalla Ward makes a good version of Romana, despite the dodgy outfits and the dubious scene where she regenerates like she's trying on clothes, mostly because she plays the role absolutely straight. The same cannot be said for the quality of the scripts, which tend towards the camp end of the spectrum.

Season Seventeen (1979-1980)
    Fourth Doctor/Romana 2

City of Death – elements of the Pink Panther movies are evident here, and you can see which bits Adams recycled in Dirk Gently, but probably the best story of this season even if it isn’t as good as fan myth has made it out to be. The title makes no sense, either, there not being a city particularly associated with death featured in the story.

The Horns of Nimon – the Discontinuity Guide describes this as “rather wonderful with some friends and a bottle of wine”. The special effects are poor (even for Doctor Who), but it's fun spotting the references to Greek mythology, and it's got Graham Crowden hamming it up – what more do you need? Plus the Nimon crop up in Eleven's The God Complex.

Honourable Mentions
    Destiny Of The Daleks – honestly, this season is quite hard to find honourable mentions, but I guess this one will do. Lalla Ward establishes herself well as Romana. The Movellans look like disco rejects and Terry Molloy is not Michael Wisher but the story does represent a new chapter in the history of the daleks. It's a pity that the resurrection of Davros doesn't get a more robust tale to support it.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon; 2012-02-19 at 01:01 PM.
    The Lazy GM series. Lovingly crafted pre-gen monsters for Pathfinder and OGL d20 fantasy.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Doctor Who thread II: "I should have a hat like that." [SPOILERS]

What's that? You want a Doctor Who/Star Trek: The Next Generation cross over comic? Wish granted.

edit:more primary sauce
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2012-02-18 at 06:30 PM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Si's Old Who Recommendations

First Doctor

Second Doctor

Third Doctor

Fourth Doctor

And so into the Eighties. At this point, John Nathan-Turner takes over as producer, and stays there until the bitter end. Some notable changes from earlier seasons are the greater use of incidental music (almost wall-to-wall) and of film rather than video. This season seems strangely subdued, however. Baker's performance is greatly toned down, portraying the Doctor as world-weary and a little tired (Baker himself looks gaunt, as if he's been ill). The running theme of decay and entropy adds to the atmosphere.

There are no great stand-out stories in this season, although they are all largely solid. We do, however, get the introduction of the irritiating Adric

Season Eighteen (1980-1981)
    Fourth Doctor/Romana2/Adric/Nyssa/Tegan

The Keeper of Traken – worth watching mainly for the design of the Melkur, which is wonderfully imaginative. The story’s okay, and ends in a suitable downbeat fashion. The Master gets to be less of a paper tiger at last.

Logopolis – probably the main reason to watch this is because it is the last Tom Baker episode. The stakes are high but the story never quite manages to convey this. It has some interesting ideas in it in the form of Logopolis itself, although the computers look laughably dated.

Honourable Mentions
    The Leisure Hive – As with Robot, this is worth watching to get the immediate contrast with the preceding season. The story is harmless enough.

Warrior’s Gate – Weird, trippy, with a sense of ennui and of things falling apart. It's maybe a bit too trippy, with some parts seeming to be weird just for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon; 2012-10-10 at 08:05 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Si's Old Who Recommendations

First Doctor

Second Doctor

Third Doctor

Fourth Doctor

Finally we get to the Fifth Doctor, in many ways "my" Doctor as this was the first season where I was able to watch all the episodes in a story (and so it made a lot more sense). This was because this season was shown on weekday evenings rather than Saturday teatime - I was rarely in range of a TV on Saturdays, and video recorders were still new and clunky at this time. However, this is the first series where I have early memories to compare the recent viewings with. There are still some I have no recollection of, though.

Peter Davison's tenure has some ups and downs, but I'm inclined to place some of the good stories amongst the best, at least for their interest rating if not the production quality.

Season Nineteen (1982)
    Fifth Doctor/Nyssa/Tegan/Adric

Castrovalva – As with other seasons, it’s good to catch the first episode for a new Doctor by way of contrast. This one’s not bad in terms of invention either, even though the special effects aren’t quite up to the task of capturing an Escher-like setting. Bet they could do it justice these days. There is a frustrating quality, however, to post-regeneration stories where the Doctor is out of action for most of it (cf. The Christmas Invasion) because one of the things you want to see is how the new Doctor behaves compared to his earlier versions.

Kinda – I found this one really freaky when I as younger. I possibly had one of my recurring sinus infections and was thus feverish at the same time, which in many ways improves it (and many of the characters spend a lot of the time sweaty and out of their minds). Amazing how scary purple teeth can be. The line “You can’t mend people!” somehow stuck in my mind until I forgot where it came from, until I saw this story again. Very different, very interesting. Shame about the terrible non-cliffhangers (Nerys Hughes’ pointless scream), and The Rubber Snake.

Honourable Mentions
    The Visitation – An entertaining pseudo-historical, and the terileptil animatronics aren’t too bad, but it feels a bit slight to be a full classic. The historical twist to the ending is fun, though, and something I remember from first time around. This one feels like it inspired RTD with his pseudo-historical stories.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon; 2012-10-10 at 08:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Colossus in the Playground

I just had a random thought, posted in spoilers because it's better to be safe than sorry.

So you know how in The End of Time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rassilon, the time lords, and Gallifrey break out of the time lock, if only for a few minutes? What if, in those few minutes, a few time lords hopped into their TARDIS and ran as far away from Galifrey and the war as possible? So when the lock was reinstated they were outside its effects?

That could open up a lot of future possibilities, or at least a few good episodes. Perhaps a time lord thrown on the front lines for centuries snapped and made a break for it at the first opportunity? (I think I read somewhere that Rassilon could give future regenerations--he could have given all the soldiers hundreds or thousands of generations.) And then he or she fled to the edge of the universe, only to be found by the Doctor through sheer coincidence.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I just had a random thought, posted in spoilers because it's better to be safe than sorry.

So you know how in The End of Time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rassilon, the time lords, and Gallifrey break out of the time lock, if only for a few minutes? What if, in those few minutes, a few time lords hopped into their TARDIS and ran as far away from Galifrey and the war as possible? So when the lock was reinstated they were outside its effects?

That could open up a lot of future possibilities, or at least a few good episodes. Perhaps a time lord thrown on the front lines for centuries snapped and made a break for it at the first opportunity? (I think I read somewhere that Rassilon could give future regenerations--he could have given all the soldiers hundreds or thousands of generations.) And then he or she fled to the edge of the universe, only to be found by the Doctor through sheer coincidence.
    Spoiler
    Show

Not a bad idea, except it would require them to acknowledge that End of Time happened, and I don't think anybody wants that.

Seriously, Magical Lightning Master? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Not a bad idea, except it would require them to acknowledge that End of Time happened, and I don't think anybody wants that.

Seriously, Magical Lightning Master? Really?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the Doctor regenerated. So it's canon.

And it would be really interesting to see what happened to someone who fought right on the front lines. I get the mental image of someone who's been broken by the war, who regenerated so many times s/he actually lost count. How would this person and the Doctor interact?

There's another interesting "Hmm, what if?" question that's been buzzing around in my mind for a while. I had a long and interesting conversation several months ago with one of my best friends (for context, he loves computers and technology, and he's got a rather serious heart condition that required open heart surgery when he was an infant). Essentially, he said that he'd rather like the idea of brain uploading so people wouldn't be limited by their bodies and mortality, while I argued that there's no point to living if you can't enjoy the world around you. Which raised my thought: What if a Cyberman was released from the group control--but instead of going insane with grief over what he lost, shrugged and said, "Okay, this isn't great but it's not the worst thing in the world either"?

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And it would be really interesting to see what happened to someone who fought right on the front lines. I get the mental image of someone who's been broken by the war
    You mean like the Doctor?
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

11. - Top - End - #1241

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    You mean like the Doctor?
    Well...yeah. But in a different way. People break differently. Mostly I just want to see if they'll use that general possibility somehow.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Banned

Daemon

Good news everyone! I've got some info on season 7!

Moffat's premier ep is going to be high budget. He is also doing 4 other eps
    Chris Chibnall is writing an ep with the biggest set in Doctor Who history
    Toby Whithouse is doing Wild West ep
    Mark Gattis has an ep.
    So does Steve Thompson (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
    A new guy called John Fay is writing an ep.

That's all for now. Found this in DWM so no link.

Edit: The Yeti return!
    Last edited by Sunken Valley; 2012-03-02 at 06:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Hey, he did pretty well with Sherlock this time round. Give him a chance, perhaps this is indicative of general improvement.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #1244

Who's Steve Thompson?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Who's Steve Thompson?
    Writer of the "Curse of the Black Spot" episode with the disappearing pirate. Which is in the running for most disappointing episode of New Who. He also writes in Sherlock and had the weakest episode in the first season, not necessarily bad, but weakest. I can't comment on the second season because the damn thing isn't being played in America until May and I have been avoiding spoilers for it like the plague.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2012-03-02 at 08:10 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Banned

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Hey, he did pretty well with Sherlock this time round. Give him a chance, perhaps this is indicative of general improvement.
    That was ghost written. No way Moffat let some noob write the most important Sherlock ep ever by himself. Plus the ep did not feel like any of Thompson's other eps. It felt nothing like Pirate ep, Blind Banker, his plays or any of his eps on Whistle Blowers (all of which feel like they are written by the same guy). However, Richenbach Fall had Moffat and Gatiss prints all over it.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Ah. I didn't think that one was so bad, I've seen worse in the last season.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello there! Nice to meet you! I’m Sunfall, and you don’t need to run just yet

A few weeks ago, I was sick and feeling quite down and decided – on a whim, really – to start watching Doctor Who. Aaaand... I love it! Very well written, really good actors, great premise, fascinating cultural phenomenon, you name it! (Did you know that the British police took the BBC to court oder the image of the police box and lost? That's some serious cultural impact there...)

So I’ve seen the 9th and 10th doctors’ full tenures and am now halfway through Series 5 with Eleven and Amy. And I’ll have to admit… I feel a bit… deflated. So forgive me if I ramble on for a bit…

Spoiler
    Show
    I literally loved every single episode that Steven Moffat wrote during the RTD era (gasmask zombies, clockwork androids, Weeping Angels, oh my) but the only episode I really really liked so far in Series 5 was Vincent & the Doctor. Why is that? Is the writing that much different? Is it how Eleven acts as compared to Nine and Ten? Mind you, I wasn’t a huge fan of David Tennant’s in the beginning, but he’s really grown on me. And fast, too. By School Reunion/Girl in the Fireplace, he’d won me over completely. Such a good actor. Can make you cry just by looking at him. And that little boy’s smile… And the way they really broke him in the end, starting with Midnight.

So you might say that psychologically, Eleven had a really bad start. He’s abrasive, even more rude than Nine and Ten. Matt Smith really pulls off that “old man in a young body” kind of thing, though. But somehow it still doesn’t gel too well… It feels… uncomfortable. The Doctor feels uncomfortable. Amy feels uncomfortable. And probably justified by what’s to come (yeah, I’ve stumbled over some spoilers concerning the series’ end), but still. I just can’t put my finger on it. Any thoughts? Similar feelings?

For the record, I’ve also watched some of the old episodes, too, mainly from the Tom Baker and Peter Davison era and I’ll have to admit that Five would have been “my doctor”, too So I may really just have a lean towards the more polite incarnations… (I so squee’d when they told him that they’d arrest him for murder in Black Orchid and he answered: “That’s very kind of you.” How very British! That said, Black Orchid probably wasn’t Five’s best ep My favourite is Caves of Androzani. And thank you so much for the overviews, Dr. Simon, I'm gonna pay some special attention to those, too.)

Aaand for the End of Time discussion…

Spoiler
    Show
    I’m completely with you, CoffeeIncluded – that would be a great hook for having a few more rogue Time Lords running about in the future… past… whatever. Heck, you could make a whole fanfic spinoff of that! (OK, somebody start writing now )

And, BRC, don’t diss Magical Lightning Master – he might hear you But seriously, that seemed a bit like an ass pull to me, too. Especially the first bit with his resurrection and the wife suddenly pulling a little strange vial of her own out of her… pocket. (Also, genetic traces on her lips after how many months?? I'll say, when a Time Lord kisses, he kisses thoroughly...)

But once I decided to run with it (OK, so his incarnation was botched, and now he can “spend” his life force, of which Time Lords have loads… hey, somebody else remember Highlander II all of a sudden?), it was a real fun two-parter and a very deserving end for Ten. Blonde John Simm doesn’t hurt, either. I just can’t bring myself to say I didn’t like it. Watched Part 2 three times in a row. But so I did with Last of the Time Lords… hmmm… I see a pattern there…

That said, has the Master come back already in Series 5 or 6? (C’mon, you can tell me! I like having things to look forward to ) Or - if he hasn't already - does anyone seriously expect him not to?

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

Good news everyone! I've got some info on season 7!

Moffat's premier ep is going to be high budget. He is also doing 4 other eps
    Chris Chibnall is writing an ep with the biggest set in Doctor Who history
    Toby Whithouse is doing Wild West ep
    Mark Gattis has an ep.
    A new guy called John Fay is writing an ep.

That's all for now. Found this in DWM so no link.

Edit: The Yeti return!
    The Yeti ! Of all the classic monsters they pick the Yeti. Weird
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

That was ghost written. No way Moffat let some noob write the most important Sherlock ep ever by himself. Plus the ep did not feel like any of Thompson's other eps. It felt nothing like Pirate ep, Blind Banker, his plays or any of his eps on Whistle Blowers (all of which feel like they are written by the same guy). However, Richenbach Fall had Moffat and Gatiss prints all over it.
    I kind of agree with this, while Thompson was credited it felt far more like a collaborative work between the three of them, with Moffat/Gatiss taking the lead on most everything.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

I know to little of Thompson to be a fair judge but... nah, don't think he did Reichenbach all on his own...
    On a Sherlock related note... there are rumors Cumberbatch might play The Master next year... That would be kind of awesome.

Also... Lightning Bolt Master is still levels behind Tinkerbell Doctor on my disapproval list... End of time had it's problems though, no questions asked.

Aaaanyway, looking forward to the next season. Why isn't it September yet?

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfall View Post
    That said, has the Master come back already in Series 5 or 6? (C’mon, you can tell me! I like having things to look forward to ) Or - if he hasn't already - does anyone seriously expect him not to?
    I had a pretty nice fan theory at the end of season 5 about the Master returning (which he hasn't yet).

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically I thought the Master might come back and they'd play around with the idea of him not being evil for a while, since they wrote in the beat as the 'reason' he became evil, and it was now gone with Rassilon and the others. He would then have a few adventures with the Doctor, as well as with River Song, and her hints about killing the best man Octavius had known (since he hadn't met the Doctor) and being taught to fly the TARDIS by 'the best' ("shame you weren't there that day") would actually be the Master.

This would involve a minor love triangle between the three, and move on to the Master being evil again, playing around with it not just being a simple thing of the beat making him mad, but that he actually believed in everything he did, whether that be in his inherent superiority for others, a belief in the superiority of power in general, or just a sadistic madness. River would want to stop the Master, but the Doctor would want to save him, culminating in a situation where River kills him.

Now there are a few non important specifics there but the important parts are:
    1) Master back, playing around with him being conflicted/not evil/doing good.
    2) Doctor, Master & River have adventures.
    3) Master slips back into evil.
    4) River kills Master, Doctor all mad.

I never actually thought this would happen, but was pretty pleased with myself for coming up with a pretty neat story outline.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I didn't feel Curse of the Black Spot was bad, persay, it was just one of those bland and unremarkable episodes we seem to obligated to have at least twice a season.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gilphon View Post
    I didn't feel Curse of the Black Spot was bad, persay, it was just one of those bland and unremarkable episodes we seem to obligated to have at least twice a season.
    I agree, it wasn't good by any means, but it was no Love and Monsters.

If not even more. Doctor Who, while still being my favorite show, has a tendency to have some major episode flops on a regular basis. Incredibly inconsistent as a whole.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

I think the pirate episode is so hated because it is just an average episode, with one of the most glaring, most obvious plot holes that really should have been caught in editing.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I think it's because it was just boring and had barely anything going for it. Although I feel that way about many episodes of season 6 (Although Curse of the Boring Spot and Bland Terrors are the chief offenders).

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
    I agree, it wasn't good by any means, but it was no Love and Monsters.
    I watched Love and Monsters the other day on iPlayer (they're going through all the episodes of the reboot on BBC 3, so when I'm bored I'll fire up iPlayer and watch a couple, they're about halfway through Martha's series right now) and I actually liked it, well, I liked it right up until the part where the actual monster was revealed. I always forget whether it's considered to be awful or brilliant, but I get the feeling probably awful and I can certainly see why.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I watched Love and Monsters the other day on iPlayer (they're going through all the episodes of the reboot on BBC 3, so when I'm bored I'll fire up iPlayer and watch a couple, they're about halfway through Martha's series right now) and I actually liked it, well, I liked it right up until the part where the actual monster was revealed. I always forget whether it's considered to be awful or brilliant, but I get the feeling probably awful and I can certainly see why.
    Awful, definitely awful. On many levels.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually thought Love and Monsters was kind of cute. Massively dorky, but cute. I liked most of season six less.

But then, I really didn't care for most of season six. :< The Doctor's Wife was amazing. There were a couple other episodes I liked too, but mostly... Eh.

TIA: Not bad.
    DOTM: Not bad.
    TCOTBS: Ugh.
    TDW: So awesome.
    TRF: Ehhh.
    TAP: Not awful but kind of creepy.
    AGMGTW: Pretty good
    LKH: Not fond, but Rory Punching Hitler and the Gay Gypsy Bar Mitzvah for the Disabled line was hilarious.
    NT: Eh.
    TGWW: I wasn't fond of this. He waited for you *how* long, woman?
    TGC: Not that bad an episode, but not that great.
    CT: One of the stronger ones.
    TWORS: I really, really did not like this one.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    I actually thought Love and Monsters was kind of cute. Massively dorky, but cute. I liked most of season six less.

But then, I really didn't care for most of season six. :< The Doctor's Wife was amazing. There were a couple other episodes I liked too, but mostly... Eh.

TIA: Not bad.
    DOTM: Not bad.
    TCOTBS: Ugh.
    TDW: So awesome.
    TRF: Ehhh.
    TAP: Not awful but kind of creepy.
    AGMGTW: Pretty good
    LKH: Not fond, but Rory Punching Hitler and the Gay Gypsy Bar Mitzvah for the Disabled line was hilarious.
    NT: Eh.
    TGWW: I wasn't fond of this. He waited for you *how* long, woman?
    TGC: Not that bad an episode, but not that great.
    CT: One of the stronger ones.
    TWORS: I really, really did not like this one.
    Emphasis mine. I actually really enjoyed season six but that... eighty years does not come close to millennia.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show