New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Doctor Who thread II: "I should have a hat like that." [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    What you are looking for is either Series 1, or, if you want the newest Doctor and another minor restart of the show, Series 5. There are currently 6 series of the new show, and a few TV movies.
    But, for the love of god, don't read the episode summaries! They spoil pretty much everything.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Children in need trailer

The quotee from my sig is in it

also, those of you what want to see Matt Smith strip go here
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2011-11-18 at 07:59 PM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Narnia...in Doctor Who? Ok, they've got my attention.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Narnia...in Doctor Who? Ok, they've got my attention.
    I really like the pattern of reimagining classic children's stories through the lens of Doctor Who in the Christmas special. Christmas Carol was done really well last year and I'm confident Narnia will be done well this year.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
    I really like the pattern of reimagining classic children's stories through the lens of Doctor Who in the Christmas special. Christmas Carol was done really well last year and I'm confident Narnia will be done well this year.
    It seems like a nice theme to have for the Christmas specials, rather than ALIENS!!!(on Christmas day)
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Did I just spot Space Bill Bailey?

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Did I just spot Space Bill Bailey?
    Yes you did
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

8. - Top - End - #908
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Children in need trailer

The quotee from my sig is in it

also, those of you what want to see Matt Smith strip go here
    I love both of these things. Even if the Doctor is lying about his clothes - since we know that he actually stole them from a hospital in Leadworth.

And Doctor Who doing Narnia... amazing. Although I must admit, one of the biggest appeals for me will be seeing Curly's reaction, since I happen to know that she loves Narnia.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I love both of these things. Even if the Doctor is lying about his clothes - since we know that he actually stole them from a hospital in Leadworth.

And Doctor Who doing Narnia... amazing. Although I must admit, one of the biggest appeals for me will be seeing Curly's reaction, since I happen to know that she loves Narnia.

Well we all know the first rule:
    the Doctor lies (even to children who are in need ).
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Colossus in the Playground

Hmm. The CG on those woodmen looked very fake.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm. The CG on those woodmen looked very fake.
    wha...you're saying woodmen don't exist?
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

12. - Top - End - #912
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh no! They're going to ruin Dr Who's reputation for peerless special effects!

Seriously though it's just a British TV show, they're already giving you Bill Bailey as a space marine in Narnia don't start asking for Industrial Light & Magic for the CG.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, Matt Smith nearly naked... *cough* Er, I'm fine. I like boobs. I totally like boobs... *cough*

I'm not too sure about Narnia... I'm not the biggest fan of Lewis, too much... Jesus Lion at least in the real story. But the whole TARDIS wardrobe thing apparently without aforementioned lion should turn out pretty well. No companions, though, which is a bit of a let down but meh.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Orc in the Playground

MY GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW

Ok. Got that out of my system.
    I started 3 days ago, with the beginning of the new series.. I'm well into the 9th doctor. This is bloody brilliant.
    Fiberoptic Elflord avatar by Guest#1!

"It's like we fell down the rabbit hole and ended up in Stephen King's basement..."

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Das Platyvark View Post
    MY GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW

Ok. Got that out of my system.
    I started 3 days ago, with the beginning of the new series.. I'm well into the 9th doctor. This is bloody brilliant.
    We have another convert! Excellent.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

One of us ! One of us !
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

17. - Top - End - #917

How far did you get, then?

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, Eccleston, we hardly knew you. Why did you have to go?

Oh, right. So we could get Tennant. Duh.

Which just makes a multi-doctor episode (and I mean full, multiple incarnations across an entire episode multi-doctor) even more important. More Eccleston! More Tennant! More Smith!
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    More Eccleston!
    Eccleston said he wouldn't come back though
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Eccleston said he wouldn't come back though
    Good. Not that he wasn't a great Doctor, but if you walk out after one year in a show like Dr Who, that almost constitutes an act of violence against the character to my mind and was a very unwelcome move even if they did manage to find a replacement who was up to the task.

If he's going to be so hostile about it to this date, then frankly I'll be happy to not see him on the show anymore.

But a Tenant/Smith teamup is very much called for, and you can throw in any of the older ones they can talk into it in a heartbeat.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Good. Not that he wasn't a great Doctor, but if you walk out after one year in a show like Dr Who, that almost constitutes an act of violence against the character to my mind and was a very unwelcome move even if they did manage to find a replacement who was up to the task.

If he's going to be so hostile about it to this date, then frankly I'll be happy to not see him on the show anymore.

But a Tenant/Smith teamup is very much called for, and you can throw in any of the older ones they can talk into it in a heartbeat.
    I don't know any details (except what they say on wikipedia) but I don't think Eccleston left the show for any bad reasons... I don't know WHY he left but I wouldn't hold it against him.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I'm sure Tennant said he'd come back in a heart beat although you might have a probelm explain certain physical changes about some of the others. Heck I think the only one who looks the same is Mcgann. Actually would love some kind of time war status quo changing event involving 8, 10 & 11.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sure Tennant said he'd come back in a heart beat although you might have a probelm explain certain physical changes about some of the others. Heck I think the only one who looks the same is Mcgann. Actually would love some kind of time war status quo changing event involving 8, 10 & 11.
    Just lift the technobabble from Time Crash.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Tenant is easy. He did, after all, leave a clone in an alternate dimension.

Hell, how's that for a buddy-movie setup? Flesh-Smith and Hand-Clone-Tenant, exploring the Universe in a scrap-heap-challenge version of the Tardis?

25. - Top - End - #925

But the real Tardis is already the scrap-heap version of a real Time Lord ship...

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

But the real Tardis is already the scrap-heap version of a real Time Lord ship...
    Not really, it is an actual model of Time Lord Tardis, just an incredibly antiquated and outdated one.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Hell, how's that for a buddy-movie setup? Flesh-Smith and Hand-Clone-Tenant, exploring the Universe in a scrap-heap-challenge version of the Tardis?
    Ones a half-human hybrid created from a hand, the other is made of programmable flesh. They live in a cobbled together tardis. Together, They Fight Crime!
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2011-11-22 at 06:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

No! I demand real Doctors, not your half-human and nanobiotech things! Plus, if Moffat so much as cracks open Pete's World ever again I will take a rusty spoon to his head.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

Didn't in all the older multi doctor stories they said that the meeting caused them to look older. So time crash wasn't any thing new.
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    Didn't in all the older multi doctor stories they said that the meeting caused them to look older. So time crash wasn't any thing new.
    I guess now I have another look, the only one that would be stretching the ageing explanation is Colin Baker.

I also agree it should be proper doctors in a multi doctor story, not clones and such.
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2011-11-22 at 07:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1