New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,177 of 1177
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Can we just do another music thread?

John Williams announced his retirement from touring. I never got to see him perform, and I guess now I never will.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

So I started listening to Depeche Mode again. Gahan has a great voice, doesn't he? I'd forgotten what a great album Violator is.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Violator was definitely DM at their peak. There's a couple good tracks on Faith & Devotion, and they've been hit or miss since then (but Gahan is still awesome). That said, Personal Jesus has always gotten on my nerves. Other than that, near perfect album!

Related note: I wish I loved VCMG. Vince Clarke is one of my favorite electronic musicians ever. Reuniting with Martin Gore...all the elements were there. But I felt the record fell flat. Just didn't live up to the potential. I keep trying to like it, but it just keeps making me sad. I get that they were just doing something they wanted to do, and I respect that. Just wish I liked it more.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

The first Depeche Mode album I heard was Exciter, which I thought was great. Then Playing the Angel, which wasn't great. I only discovered Violator after, heh.

Reach out and touch faith... nah, I like that one. Bit overplayed, but eh.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, I just have to yell this oof the rooftops, but yesterday I went to Parov Stelar at the Melkweg in Amsterdam. And. It. Was. AWESOME!

amazing tunes, one of the best Bass solos I have ever heard, a sax player who amazed by not quite shattering his saxophone with pure awesome, a lead singer who can be described best as sex on heels... It was an act that actually expanded upon the studio versions and enriched them with solos, more vocals, isntead of jsut sticking to the sudio versions. Just wow. I'm still scraping bits of brain together to put back where they belong...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

so just want to say, my black metal EP came out yesterday... thought some of you might want to check it out

https://www.facebook.com/svartrblackmetal?fref=ts
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bringing in some of my local live music videos again. Each Summer, the city puts on a series of Friday evening concerts in one of the downtown park featuring nothing but local music. These are hugely fun events with 5,000 - 7,000 attendance where the bands can really let loose with everything they have. I'm managed to film several sets, and have posted full-set videos of some of them.

Joy and Madness. Dance funk/soul from one of the tightest acts in town.

ZuhG. Jam/Reggae with high energy and a party attitude.

Arden Park Roots. Another Reggae/jam band with a solid, solid show.

Rasar. Hip Hop/Soul lead with rock band backing.

Paper Pistols. Female lead indie act with a driving beat.

Live Manikins. Multi-MC positive-message Hip Hop.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.