New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I'm going away for the weekend and there is a chance that I won't have an internet connection. If that is the case, please don't autolynch me!
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

It looks like this constantly restarting computer will be replaced Sunday. I am in the process of backing up my Vampire files as we speak, so game -should- go on without significant interruption. I'm posting this warning in the off chance this turns out not to be the case and I go heads up, you'll know why.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Center WW could use a few more autolynch replacements, just in case.
    Looks like an awesome game I would love to be a replacement player.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    It looks like this constantly restarting computer will be replaced Sunday. I am in the process of backing up my Vampire files as we speak, so game -should- go on without significant interruption. I'm posting this warning in the off chance this turns out not to be the case and I go heads up, you'll know why.
    I am not playing Vampire and have a pretty stable computer. If you wish to send me anything for safe keeping Helgraf just let me know.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Looks like an awesome game I would love to be a replacement player.
    Cool, I'll jot you down now.

6. - Top - End - #66

I'm back from my vacation in Gaming (Other), with admincount++
    Dethy VII submitted for approval
    Looking for a co-narrator to provide fluff and narrations (You don't need to manage rules if you don't want to) in a larger game that I'm thinking of. It'll probably be magic-themed unless you have a better idea. PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2011-09-25 at 12:27 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

7. - Top - End - #67

I'm intending to run a 'fantasy-politics' idea soon, and I'll get that scheduled and hammered out soon. Pending on whether or not Sapo can lure me into commiting myself to helping him.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #68

Dethy VII is now recruiting, with a bugged viewcount. (*I* have viewed it more than once, and yet it stays at one)

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Advent Children IV has finally ended, with a last gasp victory for Yazoo and the Remnants, making them 4-0 in the series. The Al-Bhed also escaped with their lives intact, and therefore scored a partial victory of their own.

Thanks to everyone who played!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

10. - Top - End - #70

City of Shadows has ended, with a victory for the Monarchy! Congratulations, Supagoof, Xanmyral, bladescape, and Penguinator for staying through the game and winning in the end!
    Normal avatar by Darwin. Many thanks!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Along with your avatar, your class is the bard.
    Indeed it is, now that I think about it. Bard in the Playground

From Murska's City: Eternally Unlucky

Retired Werewolfer

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi guys! I just had an idea for a potential WW item. I'm sorry if it's been suggested before, but here goes.

The Alignment Polariser
    The Alignment Polariser is a night item that swaps the allegiance of any player it is used on. If someone is a villager, they will become a wolf. If someone is a wolf, they will become a villager. This change is permanent – not even the Alignment Polariser can change the alignment of someone already polarised!

Additionally, the role of the person will be altered if they have a power role, as follows:

- Seer <--> Devil
    - Baner <--> Beast
    - Fool <- Standard Wolf
    - Voider <--> Evil Voider
    - Wolf <--> Villager <- Alpha
    - On rare occasions, a Villager may become a second Alpha if the first is already dead.
    - Mason <--> Wolf
    - For other roles, do whatever seems fit.

If used on a neutral, then the person joins the same team of whoever used it on them.

Obviously, this is a dangerous tool, especially if used in conjunction with scrying. It’s possible to take away one team’s scryer, baner or another Power Role using it! It could also wreck havoc with networks.

If the AP is used, then the following will occur:

- In the night summary, it will be stated that the AP was used on someone, but it won’t say who, what their alignment changed to, or who used it on them. This is to give a sporting chance to the non-affected players and the role-switched person.
    - The player whose role has changed will be informed of the change and what they now play as. Additionally, they will be informed of who used it on them.
    - The person who used the AP will be informed of the victim’s previous role and their new role.
    - If the victim is now a wolf, then all other wolves will be informed.
    - The AP will be transferred to another player.

In different games, of course, this will take different forms. In Mafia, for example, the AP might be a honking big bribe. In Werewolf, it might be a cure for lycanthropy (or a sample of it). In a science-based game, it might be a piece of tech that alters someone’s brainwaves.

So, any thoughts? Is this too broken to use? Should it be reversible?
    Spoiler
    Show

VJ: Dr. Bath

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I have to say I wish to make love to your no saying the horrible pluralization of ninja rule.

I'm not a girl, and I'm not a boy. I'm an androgyne, so please don't call me "him" or "her" - call me "zi" instead if you can. If you've got a problem with this, then don't both flaming, I'll just ignore you.

12. - Top - End - #72

Prediction - seer finds a wolf. Seer tells whoever has it to use it on said wolf. Ex-wolf divulges names of all the other wolves.

Good game.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Prediction - seer finds a wolf. Seer tells whoever has it to use it on said wolf. Ex-wolf divulges names of all the other wolves.

Good game.
    And by good game, we mean game over.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by V Junior View Post
    So, any thoughts? Is this too broken to use? Should it be reversible?
    Broken wouldn't quite begin to cover it I'm afraid. An item like that would ruin 90% of the games that would have it.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Dethy VII is now recruiting, with a bugged viewcount. (*I* have viewed it more than once, and yet it stays at one)
    Looks fun, though it's now full.

I'll reserve a spot for the next one, if there are still slots open for it.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by V Junior View Post
    Mason <--> Wolf
    Just this in itself is too broken. The Devil finds a mason and gets him polarized, then the wolves take down the masons over the next few nights. Meanwhile, the fake mason still acts like a mason, and asks that since the wolves are targeting masons, the *other* good power-roles contact him. Then he feeds those to the wolves, and...

The possibilities are endless.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I would say it could work if there was a way to make the role changes more...chaotic. Obfuscating the facts. I had an idea about this before.

Mind you, in my idea there were no roles only items that would switch out randomly each night. The great part about this was it was Invasion of the Body Snatchers themed....

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

If you put these rules in play at least the wolves should start blind, for their own good, or it'll be just like bill said.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

19. - Top - End - #79

Mutants WW Has Ended
    With Banjo winning due to town reticence to work together.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

@bladescape: I have my reasons... I was neutral, I wasn't supposed to care. And I hit my win condition, anyway.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

But you were already sided with the village! Neutrals helped you win in Badescape's other game...
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I know... I still regret not hammering Banjo.

...I guess I forgot it was Mira_Man's second game, and I figured he would change his vote...
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2011-10-01 at 10:26 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

@VJunior: The major groups (Wolves and possibly Masons) would need to be anonymous or blind, the item if reusable would probably need to go to a diffferent team after every use, and there may need to be several of them, or have a conversion period where the player knows their alignment is shifting but hasn't shifted yet.

If you're willing to work the entire game around it, it's possible to pull it off. But it'd be a lot of work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

First - I live.

Second, we had a mini-meetup last night having a bonfire in my backyard.

HK, Trog, Supagoof, myself, Emerald Rose, and another non-WW playing playgrounder Adanhedel burned stuff, and had wine, beer and lighter fluid on hand for consumption.

WW games were discussed.

Third -
    Emerald Rose has strongly urged/requested that I return to running *something* - be it Mafia, Mafia Extreme, or Monster Mash III since it's October.

If interested, I leave the choice to the boards.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Interested.

But, that would be Monster Mash IV, since Monster Mash III ran unseasonably early in May of 2010.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-10-02 at 11:07 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

I stand corrected.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    @VJunior: The major groups (Wolves and possibly Masons)
    Um, blind Masons are just Villagers. The concept doesn't make any sense.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Um, blind Masons are just Villagers. The concept doesn't make any sense.
    But you could do what was done in that St. Tristan's game (I think); let them pass messages to the other members without knowing who the other members are.

EDIT: Or give them a Mason Quicktopic, mention they should unregister and have them all use names like Mason 1, Mason 2, etc.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-10-02 at 12:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

That actually sounds like it might be a fun game. Someone should set it up

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Mafia. Possibly extremely so.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.