New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

St. Trinian's 2 WW has been submitted for moderator approval.

EDIT: And is up HERE.

Recruitment begins now. I'm looking for around 30 players if possible (optimum number being 32).
    Last edited by Tasroth; 2011-11-18 at 01:11 PM.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

So much for the network in the matrix...

Two masonsPolice in one night.

...and it seems large explosions will be a trend here.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Man, that hurts. Villagers have it bad enough as it is without losing multiple power roles on the first day.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Neo plays out in that game. With his identity being publicly known (assuming the rebels get to him before he dies, which seems to have a less than 50% chance of happening,) his special power and the hacker will be the only thing keeping him alive. He's pretty much doomed if the hacker dies or the villagers decide to lynch him, so I'm interested in seeing how much he's able to accomplish if he ever comes into play.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, until all of the agents are dead the town should want to keep him alive, after that it might be an easy win for town.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

So The Matrix Rewound is far from being close to done, but it's a good idea to have the next WW you plan on narrating ready before the one you're running is done. So, I could run a sequel called The Matrix Resurrected, but usually sequels don't start until after their narrator has run one or two others.
    So, I'm brainstorming ideas for my next WW, knowing I'll likely scrap a few ideas first. Currently, I'm thinking zombie survival again. This time I'll have an "active recruitment" and "Passive recruitment". When you die, you are assimilated into the zombie team (that's the passive), unless you already were. But each day the survivors will be able to recruit a new player, as in someone who wasn't in the game yet (so the game may get LARGER), and they'll be added to the survivor's side. And until one side or another wins, more players can keep joining.

I still want to try a WW with locations; I'm still not sure of the best way to handle them. This time, I'm going to divide the City in which it's set into North, East, South, West, and Central sections, and randomly assign players to each section. When a new player is recruited, players can vote on which section of the city they are found in. But so far that has no effect. So... lets say when the zombies outnumber the survivors in a section, it is "over run", and... well, lets try some vote manipulation. Zombies in that location may null two votes to themselves, and survivors in that section take a two vote penalty (so, the zombies in that section have a four vote advantage over players there).

So, because it will have passive recruitment of everyone who dies, who isn't a zombie, everyone will know the zombies. So I don't want to start anyone off as a zombie. But an all survivor game... would be an auto win, so there has to be a third team. Lets say... cultists. That sounds good. Now, what would they do, what would their goals be? More importantly, would they work with the zombies or see them as a threat? Personally, I feel they'd see them as a threat, but be able to manipulate or take advantage of them somehow.

another factor: New recruits, what role might they be? I'd say they'd get the basic survivor role, rather than randomly assigning them. Now, this is unfair to cultists, since they'd never get new members while both the other teams do. So, I'll give them a way to recruit survivors secretly every once and a while. As well, there's trouble with the classic Masons role in a game with recruitment. This is one reason my last proposed zombie themed WW didn't work. They could out each other when they die. Same problem with the cultists; If they know each other, and one is killed and becomes a zombie, well, the zombies know the identities of all the cultists. My solution is for when the cultists recruit someone, they don't know who they recruited (It won't be a zombie, though, that's a ONE WAY recruitment), and they just start not knowing each other (they attend their meetings and rituals in dark garments, why would they know each other?).

Now, as I said, new recruits are of the basic role. So, I'm going to add a training feature. There will be a role, something like a teacher, and they can target a player (whether or not they may be a cultist; they'll just have to run that risk). When they target a player, they specify a role. Nothing special happens during a number of days, dictated based on role, and during that time, the teacher may not target others using this ability, but at the end of the period, if both are still alive, the target gains the abilities of the specified role. The role remains secret, no one is told about the acquirement of a new role except the teacher and student, and the student isn't told the teacher's identity. Cultist recruitment works about the same way, with a... four round duration? Cultists can keep and learn all the same roles of a normal survivor, plus a couple special roles, and they get their own teacher, who instead of specifying a specific player, teaches a random cultist, without knowing the student's identity. The cultist's teacher role is also their recruiter, and although the target will be on another team, it's still random.

So, still need team goals. Survivors, destroy all zombies, and out/kill all the cultists. Cultists, destroy all the zombies and outnumber the survivors. Zombies, kill everything that's not already dead. This shouldn't result in any contradictions or nonwinnable situations.

Finally, a bit of numbers/balance proof: Each DAY, the survivors lynch 1 person (survivor, zombie, or cultist), and recruit 1 person. Each night, the cultists kill 1 person (Survivor, zombie, or cultist, since they don't know eachother), and the zombies kill 1 person (Only survivor or cultist). This means that in a round of day+night, three people die. One must add to the zombies numbers, and two can either add to the zombies, or remove from their numbers. So the zombies number may either go down by 1, increase by 1, or increase by 3 in one day. The first day, someone will be lynched and become a zombie. That night, the cultists may or may not kill it, but it will kill another person. This guarantees that there will be one zombie at the start of the second day. At the end of that day, it may be eliminated, but the cultists will have an advantage if that happens. And another will be made the next day.

So, destroying the zombies, or eliminating the inside threat? Deciding which gets the higher priority will definitely be a huge factor, finding those you trust will be HARD, and of course, there's always a chance that they will become a zombie (or cultist if they're not one yet), so how much you share with those you do trust, in case they die.

whew. What a wall of text. And I have yet to go into specific roles. But tell me: Would you play in a game with these specific twists? What's a bad idea, what's creative, did I take ideas from anyone who'd already laid claim on variants that use ideas crucial to this? Do I need to include some roles so that it's not impossible to eliminate the remaining zombies once the cultists are gone? Are you wishing I'd just stop typing and let you read the next post ?

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

...bleh. Sorry for getting autolynched in Mafia. Stuff got crazy right when I thought I had more time and I lost track of everything.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    So The Matrix Rewound is *snip*
    It sounds to me like once you add in the locations, you might want to look into World Espianoge. Sure, it doesn't have the votes, but it works much more along the lines of locations. I didn't read a lot of it, mostly because I don't have a lot of time. I might read into it mroe later.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

Finally, a bit of numbers/balance proof: Each DAY, the survivors lynch 1 person (survivor, zombie, or cultist), and recruit 1 person. Each night, the cultists kill 1 person (Survivor, zombie, or cultist, since they don't know eachother), and the zombies kill 1 person (Only survivor or cultist). This means that in a round of day+night, three people die.
    I'm just going to say that a game featuring adding new players in the middle of it requires more players being interested in playing than initially join, which is going to severely limit the number of starting players. Also I don't see the survivors winning very often, as it appears the cultists need to kill zombies regularly for the survivors to have a shot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Helgraf's Bomb II has been submitted for approval.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I'm just going to say that a game featuring adding new players in the middle of it requires more players being interested in playing than initially join, which is going to severely limit the number of starting players. Also I don't see the survivors winning very often, as it appears the cultists need to kill zombies regularly for the survivors to have a shot.
    Yeah, I'd probably need separate play and recruitment threads... so that new players can sign up without interrupting the flow. And maybe hope that new players do sign up? Yeah, I'd have to start small, and have a "pending" list. which might not be a bad thing, considering it's hard to find survivors in a zombie infested city.

Survivor survival chances being low... Yeah, ok... I said I'd need to add certain roles to give the survivors a chance

So... Baners, obviously; "Good beasts"; Seers won't be as important, especially when the cultists are gone (But can you be sure their gone?); Hunters (night killers, every 2 nights, zombies only); Teachers.

And then, cultist only roles... one to target a zombie to act as a decoy (like agents in my matrix, but without body snatching?); one that turns a zombie into a bodyguard (must kill the guard first); and a voider (might accidentally void own team, since they don't know each other).

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

What would everyone think about a completely blind game, where you don't even know your own role. There would of course be roles that are designed to help people figure out what their role is, and a special set of rules to slow down the game at the start, to give people a little time to figure things out.

The way I currently have it set up, each player would submit a target and a vote every night. Their role power is activated on that target and their vote is used to determine any action that is carried out by a group. If they don't have a power or don't belong to a group, then that part of their submission is ignored.

Slowing the start of the game:
    The wolves will be allowed to night kill each other. This means that voting at night before you have a good reason to might not be a good idea (since it is the one known group action).
    Further, in the event of a tie vote for a group action, that action fails.

In order for a lynch to proceed, either the wolves must have killed someone already, or there must be a 75% majority.

Fleshing it out:
    Game Name: The Possessed
    Setting: A group of people who are isolated for whatever reason (still working on that) have been possessed by the long dead ghosts who were victims of a werewolf infestation. They are now out to influence their new hosts to eliminate their ancient enemies' spirits. As one of these hosts, it is your job to survive, by removing those spirits who are aligned against you. The only problem is that you can't communicate all that clearly with the ghost that is possessing you.

I obviously can't post the role ideas that I have just yet, since then it wouldn't be blind enough.

I am thinking about running this as a small game (currently optimized for 16-20) once some of the games I am currently in no longer have need of me, though please don't use that as an excuse to lynch me in those games.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2011-11-22 at 02:27 PM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

I critique yours, you critique mine?

In seriousness, a blind game sounds... Well, in games where even one faction (besides villagers) doesn't know it's own members, it can be quite frustrating for that team. Especially if there's little to no way to find out. This is a problem for the cultists in my game, but a problem for EVERYONE in yours.

On the other hand, while that is frustrating, the villagers are in that tough spot in EVERY game, and if that was something that made it so people wouldn't play, NO-ONE would ever play ANY WW, EVER. So, it can obviously be fun to do that.

And so, since your game is based ENTIRELY around that, it sound's pretty fun that way.

Another problem though, is not knowing your own role. I'd been considering a game with lots of that myself, and in a few games, there are already "secret" roles where somebody is told they have one role, when they really have a different one, or more than one (The Fool comes to mind, or The One in the Matrix). But again, the game you've proposed has more of that than I've ever seen. And so there must be a balancing factor: Some way to find your role out. Which you have, apparently.

Really, I think it sounds fun. Even your 'slow start' rules sound fun.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What would everyone think about a completely blind game, where you don't even know your own role. There would of course be roles that are designed to help people figure out what their role is, and a special set of rules to slow down the game at the start, to give people a little time to figure things out.

The way I currently have it set up, each player would submit a target and a vote every night. Their role power is activated on that target and their vote is used to determine any action that is carried out by a group. If they don't have a power or don't belong to a group, then that part of their submission is ignored.

Slowing the start of the game:
    The wolves will be allowed to night kill each other. This means that voting at night before you have a good reason to might not be a good idea (since it is the one known group action).
    Further, in the event of a tie vote for a group action, that action fails.

In order for a lynch to proceed, either the wolves must have killed someone already, or there must be a 75% majority.

Fleshing it out:
    Game Name: The Possessed
    Setting: A group of people who are isolated for whatever reason (still working on that) have been possessed by the long dead ghosts who were victims of a werewolf infestation. They are now out to influence their new hosts to eliminate their ancient enemies' spirits. As one of these hosts, it is your job to survive, by removing those spirits who are aligned against you. The only problem is that you can't communicate all that clearly with the ghost that is possessing you.

I obviously can't post the role ideas that I have just yet, since then it wouldn't be blind enough.

I am thinking about running this as a small game (currently optimized for 16-20) once some of the games I am currently in no longer have need of me, though please don't use that as an excuse to lynch me in those games.
    ...so if the target is lynched there's no nightkill? Or it defaults to the targetting action? Are those public or private? Would the Seers have a chance to fail with their scries? Are there certain abilities that everyone knows are on team good or team evil?

I think I'd have to see this one played before I can say too much about whether it'll work or not. Could be fun, could be a mess. Could be both.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    ...so if the target is lynched there's no nightkill? Or it defaults to the targetting action? Are those public or private? Would the Seers have a chance to fail with their scries? Are there certain abilities that everyone knows are on team good or team evil?

I think I'd have to see this one played before I can say too much about whether it'll work or not. Could be fun, could be a mess. Could be both.
    The lynch happens during the day. Everyone also submits a target and a vote during the night. If they have a power, that power is carried out on their target that night. If they are part of a group, their night time vote is contributed towards the group's night action.

Targeted powers may be public, they may be private and tell you something, they may be private and tell your target something, they may not even seem to do anything at first and there are ways that the observed effect may vary.

As to seers, there is no role that works in exactly the same way as a typical seer, but plenty of variants.

Every group (group action or non-town win condition) has an ability that is specifically targeted to help them find each other. On that note, I believe I have a total of seven different powers that are designed to help people figure out who they are.

And the idea is for it to be a fun mess.
    The BareFoot Programmer

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sounds interesting. Quite a challenge.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    And the idea is for it to be a fun mess.
    Indeed.
    Should you run this, you got one guaranteed player.

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    It sounds to me like once you add in the locations, you might want to look into World Espianoge. Sure, it doesn't have the votes, but it works much more along the lines of locations. I didn't read a lot of it, mostly because I don't have a lot of time. I might read into it mroe later.
    Now to look that up. So, it was a WW variant, right? Now to go to the opening posts and see if it's there...

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like that idea, Programmer. Reminds me of a WW idea that I was working on.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

One other consideration is the amount of PMs you're going to be getting if the targetting isn't public. If some powers have to be PMed you're looking at a PM from every player every night for at least the early stages of the game.

Should you run this, you got one guaranteed player.
    I'm not sure how Flabort knew that, but yes I will play.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Pixie in the Playground

Looks like a fun mess!!!!!

I'd play that if you made it.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default The Grimmace's Werewolf Ideas ----- part 1

Ooh, it's idea posting time. First of all, I have to say that both Flabort's and TBF's ideas sound complicated, chaotic, and quite fun. I'll have to try both of them. TBF's game actually reminds me of an idea I had, where everyone started out knowing someone else's role. Obviously there would have to be a lot of tweaks for that game to even have a chance of working, and I haven't quite figured it out...

Another idea I had was a double villager werewolf game, meaning that there are two opposing teams of villagers, each with a seer, a group of masons, a fool, and a killer, and possibly a careless day baner. I think this would be a fun thing to try, and if it hasn't been done yet, and people think it would work, then I might grab a spot on the schedule for it.

And yet another idea was for an "all-seer" game, a smallish game where everybody got a different scrying role, and there are two teams (a typical wolf team and typical villager team with masons maybe?) and maybe even a neutral team. So far, I have the following:

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic seer/fool-Every night, pick one player to scry. You are told either their power or their team. Which one you get is determined randomly.

Power seer/fool-Every night, pick one person to scry. You are told their power.

Team seer/fool-Every night, pick someone to scry. You are told their team. Cannot be on team evil.

Total seer/fool-Every other night, pick someone to scry. You are told both their team and their role.

Random seer/fool-At the beginning of each day, you are told either the team or role of a randomly selected player.

Beast seer/fool-Each night, pick one player. If either you or them are killed in the night or following day, the role of one of the people responsible is revealed.

Reflect seer/fool-Each night, pick one player to scry. You are told the team of everyone else who targeted that player. (Although if one of those people was the interferer, you will recieve random results for all.

Cryptic seer/fool-In addition to functioning as a normal seer (above), you may also chose a person once every three days. The narrator will then post a cryptic clue as to their identity

Group Scriers-Each night, you vote on who to scry. Majority wins (ties being decided randomly). You are each told either the power or the team of that person, although half of you (rounded up) recieve a random result.

Interferer-Each night, pick one player to scry. You are told either their power or team. In addition, anyone else scrying that person recieves a random result, and is not told of the result.

Twin seers-Each night, both of you pick one player to scry. You are told either the team or the role of the person your partner picked. One of you recieves a random result.

The basic, team, power, total, random, cryptic, beast, and reflect seers all have a fool counterpart who recieves a random result. Power scries will not reveal weather the target is the fool or accurate version. I don't know if I would use all of the roles, it depends on how many players I got, as does the amount of group scriers. I would probably make sure when assigning roles that team evil doesn't end up being all fools, but also make sure that at least one of their members is a fool. And the interferer doesn't seem very useful on team good. Perhaps make it a neutral role?

So, now that I've shared a few of my ideas, what are some people's thoughts? Would these games even work? If not could they be fixed with some rule tweaks, and what would those be? What would the team proportions need to be to balance the games? Be honest, if these are just terrible ideas, I want to know.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-11-22 at 07:54 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

While everyone is posting ideas, I suppose I'll slip in a suggestion. Has anyone ever tried a Monty Python ans the Quest for The Holy Grail WW? If not, who would be interested in joining/running it? And if so, would someone send me the link and be interested in reviving it?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

22. - Top - End - #322
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Grimmace's Werewolf Ideas ----- part 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    Another idea I had was a double villager werewolf game, meaning that there are two opposing teams of villagers, each with a seer, a group of masons, a fool, and a killer, and possibly a careless day baner. I think this would be a fun thing to try, and if it hasn't been done yet, and people think it would work, then I might grab a spot on the schedule for it.
    I call those Faction games. There've been a couple of them, though Ballad of the 501st is the only one that comes to mind.
    Unless there's two villager teams and a wolf team, in which case things could get interesting. ("biggest villager faction when the wolves are gone wins" could make for a mean game.)

And yet another idea was for an "all-seer" game, a smallish game where everybody got a different scrying role, and there are two teams (a typical wolf team and typical villager team with masons maybe?) and maybe even a neutral team. So far, I have the following:

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic seer/fool-Every night, pick one player to scry. You are told either their power or their team. Which one you get is determined randomly.

Power seer/fool-Every night, pick one person to scry. You are told their power.

Team seer/fool-Every night, pick someone to scry. You are told their team. Cannot be on team evil.

Total seer/fool-Every other night, pick someone to scry. You are told both their team and their role.

Random seer/fool-At the beginning of each day, you are told either the team or role of a randomly selected player.

Beast seer/fool-Each night, pick one player. If either you or them are killed in the night or following day, the role of one of the people responsible is revealed.

Reflect seer/fool-Each night, pick one player to scry. You are told the team of everyone else who targeted that player. (Although if one of those people was the interferer, you will recieve random results for all.

Cryptic seer/fool-In addition to functioning as a normal seer (above), you may also chose a person once every three days. The narrator will then post a cryptic clue as to their identity

Group Scriers-Each night, you vote on who to scry. Majority wins (ties being decided randomly). You are each told either the power or the team of that person, although half of you (rounded up) recieve a random result.

Interferer-Each night, pick one player to scry. You are told either their power or team. In addition, anyone else scrying that person recieves a random result, and is not told of the result.

Twin seers-Each night, both of you pick one player to scry. You are told either the team or the role of the person your partner picked. One of you recieves a random result.
    The concept should work at some point(it does for Dethy after all), though if certain people (i.e. the entire Mason group) can never be sure about their scries those scries are pretty useless.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    While everyone is posting ideas, I suppose I'll slip in a suggestion. Has anyone ever tried a Monty Python ans the Quest for The Holy Grail WW? If not, who would be interested in joining/running it? And if so, would someone send me the link and be interested in reviving it?
    It's been done.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    It's been done.
    Yeah, it has. But the one that hasn't been done that absolutely baffles me is Battlestar Galactica. I'm amazed that no one has hunted for the Cylons yet. I've built a game for it, but I haven't had the time to run it. That was a few years ago. It would probably need a little tweaking now.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Reinholdt's the cylon.

@v but we love our little cylon. *pets the cylon kitty*
    Last edited by Alarra; 2011-11-23 at 01:58 AM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

One game I'd have to join on principal, yet one game I know I'm guaranteed to be lynched day 1. o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    It's been done.
    Of course, this doesn't mean it can't be done again, either the exact same game or differently, so if you wanted to have a go at it Grue I'd definitely play. I love the Holy Grail, though I would always insist on playing as the Spam Vikings.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

28. - Top - End - #328
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Of course, this doesn't mean it can't be done again, either the exact same game or differently, so if you wanted to have a go at it Grue I'd definitely play. I love the Holy Grail, though I would always insist on playing as the Spam Vikings.
    I of course would be roleplaying as the legendary Black Beast of Ahhhrrrggg.

At least that way I have an in-universe reason for why it suddenly disappears.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

For Grimmace's ideas:

Two village teams game: As has been said, it's been done, but not with a wolf team as well. I may or may not play in this one, it would depend on how many times I got killed recently. If you make it three villager teams AND a wolf team, I'd DEFINITELY play.
    Or if you themed it off of Survivor - Redemption Island.

All Seer. Whew. Seems... Interesting. Somewhat similar to another idea I had (see below), but still... Yes, the interferer should be a neutral role, I think. Half of the entire group of people playing being fools sounds fun. The Group Scriers, should they know eachother, will always be able to determine the 'fool' parts if they have a larger group than 4. But I might play in this one, too. Sounds very frustrating, but fun. "Funstrating"?

New word: Whenever a game is fun because it's difficult, I'll be calling it Funstrating.

Now, I said I had another idea. A six team game; Each with their own goals (usually elimination of two others). Every player belongs to TWO teams. As well, each player has TWO power roles (often a variation on the seer, hence why Grimmace's second idea is similar). There is no power role which only one player can have (Each will be assigned to four or more, or not at all).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team A would want to eliminate teams B and F.
    Team B would want to eliminate teams A and C.
    Team C would want to eliminate teams B and D.
    Team D would want to eliminate Teams C and E.
    Team E would want to eliminate teams D and F.
    Team F would want to eliminate teams E and A.

For each team, there are three teams that a member could still be a part of.
    Someone from Team A could also be a part of Teams C, D, or E.
    Someone from Team B could also be a part of Teams D, E, or F.
    Someone from Team C could also be a part of Teams E, F, or A.
    Someone from Team D could also be a part of Teams F, A, or B.
    Someone from Team E could also be a part of Teams A, B, or C.
    Someone from Team F could also be a part of Teams B, C, or D.

A minimum of Three teams must be eliminated for the game to end. Up to three teams can achieve victory simultaneously.

Obviously once I decide on a theme, these teams/factions will have actual names. Everyone in a faction knows who all else is in that faction, but does not know what their powers/other factions are (unless their both in the same two factions). They're allowed to talk, and work together, but they may also be working against each other without knowing it! Would be a good idea not to talk about which factions you also belong to, and not mention your roles, maybe.

As to roles... Well, nothing should be team specific. Maybe certain roles "cannot show up in a certain faction", but no role can "only show up in a certain faction". Someone can use both their powers each night, unless it has a cool down.

Spoiler
    Show
    -So, I'll also have a "team seer", and a "Power seer", just like Grimmace, but each only views one of the two a player has at a time, since each player has two teams and two powers.
    -Baner... Hmm. Lets say, this can target anyone, and will stop the night kills of the people on the four factions you're NOT on. So you can't stop your own faction's kill.
    -Traitorous Baner. This should be able to target night kills from their own factions. Since there's four of them, while they don't know eachother, this means that in all likeliness, each faction will have one. They know the targets their factions are going after, and can stop them much easier.
    -Day baner. Prevent a target from being lynched the next day. As usual.
    -Beast. You know how this works. When he dies, someone who targeted him dies.
    -Voider. Of course you know how this works. keeps someone from using either of his powers that night.
    -Thief. Targets a player each night. The next day, that players vote does not count (although no-one is told that it doesn't count, and they still vote).
    -Gambler. Can target a player every two nights. If that player belongs to a faction which the Gambler is trying to eliminate, that player dies. If they don't, the Gambler dies.
    -Trap Master. If whomever the Trap Master targets uses an ability on a member of the Trap Master's faction(s), that person will be unable to use that ability again for three nights.
    -Traitorous Trap Master. Can target a member of one of their factions. If that person uses an ability on a member of the Traitorous Trap Master's other faction, the target dies.
    -Disguiser. Picks a target, a faction, and a role. If someone scries the target, they see the role or faction the disguiser picked.

-Dragon. Cannot show up in faction A. His votes count triple, and there is a 25% chance that if he is killed, he will bring his killer down with him (like a beast).
    -Psychic Medium. Cannot show up in faction B. Can target a dead person each night to commune with their ghost, and learn the identity of one person on one of their two teams. Does not learn which team, or anything else.
    -Necromancer. Cannot show up in faction C. Can target a dead person each night, and that person will be able to use one of their powers that night. Only one of their two powers, although which power and the target (If the power has a target) is up to them. They cannot use a passive power, or one that works the next day. If they learn anything, the Necromancer learns it too.
    -Sea Serpent. Cannot show up in faction D. If the targeted player is killed that night or the next day, learns the identity of one of the killers, and their powers (both of them).
    -Assassin. Cannot show up in faction E. Every two nights, can target someone and poison them. They are not told they are poisoned, and die the next night. If anyone targets them with an ability to learn something, such as a seer role, however, the person who targets them learns that they have been poisoned in addition to whatever they normally learn.
    -Paladin. Cannot show up in faction F. Every three nights, they can smite down an evil doer, killing whoever they target.

So my next game (when it comes) will likely be this, or the 'always recruiting' zombie survival game above.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    The archive is your friend.

Link.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."